Thread: Where is everyone?

Question Where is everyone?

It seems like there are not many playing the beta. I'm feeling rather lonely in game, with very few people to compete with.

I'm loving the beta and just want to able to fully test out all the new game modes but with very little people taking part,
    in say, tournaments, it's not as much fun as it should be.

This forum & Steam seem about as active as in game, barely any on it. This worries me for the future of this game
    & whether it will be/stay active enough for these new features to remain fun.

I'm EnTwinedEnVision on steam if anyone wants to add me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirenXp View Post
    It seems like there are not many playing the beta. I'm feeling rather lonely in game, with very few people to compete with.

I'm loving the beta and just want to able to fully test out all the new game modes but with very little people taking part,
    in say, tournaments, it's not as much fun as it should be.

This forum & Steam seem about as active as in game, barely any on it. This worries me for the future of this game
    & whether it will be/stay active enough for these new features to remain fun.

I'm EnTwinedEnVision on steam if anyone wants to add me.
    I'm really looking forward to this but I'm on Xbox, not PC. I can't wait to test the new UI and I really hope the achievements are 3 per table at least.

Hopefully the wait will be over soon & everyone will have access to it.

It's been saying they're doing Maintenance every time I've tried to play Matchup,
    since yesterday. I hoping that means something other than their having issues
    with their server. Completing the feedback survey, I felt they already knew what
    you mite like/dislike. This has clearly been beta tested some time ago and is in a
    state, I'm sure as far as they're concern, to be released.

I personally, although very much liking the new game modes, I think without
    online multiplayer in this day and age it feels like it's incomplete.
    I never understood way they took the 4-player online mode out of Zen Pinball.

Quote Originally Posted by SirenXp View Post
    I personally, although very much liking the new game modes, I think without
    online multiplayer in this day and age it feels like it's incomplete.
    I never understood way they took the 4-player online mode out of Zen Pinball.
    From what I have read, it sounded like online MP was included, hmm. I didn't play a lot of online head2head on my 360, but was looking foward to starting fresh with FX3. Here's some quotes re the new platform, reading them now, I suppose they could have been referring to local offline MP.

Pinball FX3 is a massive game packed full of new features designed to turn pinball into a true community experience. Built around multiplayer-matchups, user-generated tournaments and league play...

Players will have the ability to create their own pinball tournaments, compete in player vs. player match-ups and leagues, and compete in a variety of score based objectives that refresh constantly so there is always a new challenge awaiting.

When the new FX2 platform was released for the XB1, and people asked why there wasn't online MP, they replied that there wasn't a lot of participation, so they left it out. <shrugs>
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Matchup is basically just pick from 3, so say players, scores to beat within 3mins.
    It appears you just have to repeat that over & over again to get the most points,
    and move to the next league level. From the feedback survey it seems like that
    mite get extended to 5mins and also they aren't expecting enough 'participation'
    so will add bots. I don't get the point of it other than to get the achievement,
    if there is one for that.

Tournaments are the closest you get to realtime multiplayer, and that's if people
    are active in that even. There isn't enough to keep people coming back regally,
    is my fear for this game. Again I hope I'm wrong but I see people on steam who
    got this beta weeks again & have only played 20mins, maybe all these people lied
    about the tables they own to get in the beta then realised they could only play one
    table, or maybe they simply weren't impressed enough to keep playing.

It needs head to head mode in real time. You play against a Steam friend or a random player and either play for x minutes OR until one reaches a certain score. Zen Pinball had such a mode in the PS3 version for local play.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    It needs head to head mode in real time. You play against a Steam friend or a random player and either play for x minutes OR until one reaches a certain score. Zen Pinball had such a mode in the PS3 version for local play.
    It's real shame they've given up on real time multiplayer, ok it mite not be populated enough to jump into a random match but I'm pretty sure many people would like to play with their friends, leagues & say organise Discord group game nights, or whatever. As I said, it just feel incomplete without these features.

After last weeks update which totally changed the way you can use wizard powers, I'm feeling rather depressed with this beta. It wouldn't be so bad if they communicated with their beta testers but as someone who'd played over 50hrs at the time the update hit, it took me days to discover it wasn't a bug. I've spent over 10hrs trying to get use to it but it just isn't working for me, I'm glad I got to play it when it was better & more fun. I will send feedback & hope they take notice.

On an up note, the interface is looking better now.

Default I've been playing

I've been playing the matchup which leads to various leagues.
    It seems to reward playing over and over.
    The matchups that I have to beat have a very low score and so are easy to beat- no challenge really.
    No risk of losing points in the table.
    I thought that as I went up levels I would be offered harder matchups to beat.
    I guess that won't happen until your reach silver or gold leagues.
    Need more time and players to see how this will really work out I guess.