Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Universal Classics Pinball™ is coming to Pinball FX3!

  1. #1
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    195

    Default Universal Classics Pinball™ is coming to Pinball FX3!

    Announcing Universal Classics Pinball™, coming soon for Pinball FX3 and Zen Pinball! Relive exciting moments from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial™, Back to the Future™ and Jaws™ in this amazing three table pack! Check out the trailer for E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial™ table now!

    Last edited by McLovin; 08-08-2017 at 01:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Everly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Nice to see the veil pulled back on the new content. I think the Jaws table would be the most interesting, fantastic music to play with.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default Music rights?

    Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    Nice to see the veil pulled back on the new content. I think the Jaws table would be the most interesting, fantastic music to play with.
    I'm hoping they got the music rights for these. The Aliens, Rogue One, and Force Awakens tables were all hurt by not having the original music included. (Rogue One and Force Awakens used music from the older SW movies.) I'm hoping that going forward they can secure the original music from any media-related tables.

    Some of the Marvel tables would have been enhanced by having their movie scores as well.

    Along the same lines, voice clips are sometimes original, sometimes not. I know that these are probably an issue with the actors or something, but the more content we can get from the films, as opposed to imitations, the better.

  4. #4
    Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    2,298

    Thumbs up

    I need to get "Back to The Future" to sink my "Jaws" into that "E.T" table!
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

  5. #5
    Senior Member Casio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Hands on mini review of all three tables by gameinformer with a few screencaps:

    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...sics-pack.aspx

    Jaws table artwork looks a little off to me more like Deep Blue Sea. Should have stuck with the classic 1975 poster artwork.

    51Q961700WL._SY445_.jpg 41EFMWDZ3HL._SY445_.jpg
    Last edited by Casio; 08-08-2017 at 06:48 PM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default Music

    I got an answer to my music question on the Facebook thread: these 3 will have new music due to licensing issues.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Everly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grenadier View Post
    I'm hoping they got the music rights for these. The Aliens, Rogue One, and Force Awakens tables were all hurt by not having the original music included. (Rogue One and Force Awakens used music from the older SW movies.) I'm hoping that going forward they can secure the original music from any media-related tables.

    Some of the Marvel tables would have been enhanced by having their movie scores as well.

    Along the same lines, voice clips are sometimes original, sometimes not. I know that these are probably an issue with the actors or something, but the more content we can get from the films, as opposed to imitations, the better.
    Well, looks like we got our answer. This is from the review that Casio provided a link to...
    While all three tables suffer a bit from the lack of authentic music and dialogue clips from the movies (the soundalike voice actors are hit or miss)
    Not what we wanted to hear for sure. Also pulled this from the review..
    Pinball FX 3 will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in late summer/early fall.
    We haven't seen anything from Zen regarding a time frame of release, it could be 2018 for all we have been told. Also, I'm pretty sure I read that FX3 would be out on PS4 and X1 first with PC to follow later, while this quote seems to indicate they would all be released at the same time. So take this portion with a helping of salt. Pretty sure the reviewer would recognize original music though.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA (GMT -5)
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Authentic music & dialog costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (in addition to what Zen has already paid for the game license)...

    As far as release date, while I am excited for FX3 & the new tables, I can wait, especially if they need more time to fix things for the better...
    Last edited by JaySTeeY; 08-08-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grenadier View Post
    I got an answer to my music question on the Facebook thread: these 3 will have new music due to licensing issues.
    That's unfortunate. I'm not sure how I would be able to get into Back to the Future with its main Brass theme. Or John Williams' score for E.T and Jaws.

    Surprising though as most all the SW tables have the SW theme.

  10. #10
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Tenor View Post
    That's unfortunate. I'm not sure how I would be able to get into Back to the Future with its main Brass theme. Or John Williams' score for E.T and Jaws.

    Surprising though as most all the SW tables have the SW theme.
    BTTF table has stackable multiball madness so you won't even notice the music

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    We haven't seen anything from Zen regarding a time frame of release, it could be 2018 for all we have been told.
    The FAQ says:

    "We are targeting a summer release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Win 10 and Steam"

    Haven't heard anything since.

    The FAQ also says: The majority of your previous purchases can be imported to Pinball FX3 for FREE. We will confirm the Pinball FX3 table roster in the coming days.

    We've been waiting for that table roster since the end of June, so take their timing with a grain of salt.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    Authentic music & dialog costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (in addition to what Zen has already paid for the game license)...
    I would argue that the music, dialog, and sound effects should be part of the license agreement. If not, what exactly are you licensing? The name and the images alone seem like you're only getting a partial package of assets.

    Yes, these things cost money. But expecting customers to shell out for tables that are incomplete could potentially be costing more.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grenadier View Post
    I'm hoping they got the music rights for these. The Aliens, Rogue One, and Force Awakens tables were all hurt by not having the original music included. (Rogue One and Force Awakens used music from the older SW movies.) I'm hoping that going forward they can secure the original music from any media-related tables.
    tter.
    Tend to agree although I would argue that the newer SW films were hurt more from not including the iconic SW music but yeah, they should match.

    Btw, these tables are a great tie-in. Fabulous job there. I own all tables on PS3/PS4 so looking forward to seeing which come over and how trophies will be set up in Pinball FX3.

  14. #14
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    BTTF table has stackable multiball madness so you won't even notice the music
    I knew you were the one that worked on the BTTF table.

  15. #15
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I knew you were the one that worked on the BTTF table.
    Many years ago I called dibs on BTTF if we ever doing it. It is one of my all time favorite movies. If not THE favorite.

  16. #16
    Junior Member dok5555555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Just curious, will the Zen Pinball mobile version use the same physics as Zen Pinball 2 or will it be updated to match PFX3? Also, will there be an Amazon kindle fire version?

  17. #17
    Junior Member SirenXp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Bristol, uk
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dok5555555 View Post
    Just curious, will the Zen Pinball mobile version use the same physics as Zen Pinball 2 or will it be updated to match PFX3? Also, will there be an Amazon kindle fire version?
    Zen Pinball 2 just keeps crashing on my mothers Kindle Fire so I'd think not,
    maybe on a newer one in the future.

    I'm expected it to be iOS 10 or above so no FX3 for my ipad 3.

    I'm also expecting it will Android 7 Nougat or above.
    I got a S7 Edge a few months ago so hoping I'm good to go there.


    Keep in mind FX3 isn't coming to Xbox 360, PS3 or PS Vita.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7

    Default

    That table looks like Directx 9.0 ?

    I am assuming there's a DX11 version?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •