X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Changes in Pinball FX3 tables - by Deep

Our beloved Deep embarked on a quest to tweak our tables for the new release, and fix a few bugs as well while he's at it.

All tables
    - New lighting engine and polished graphics
    - Slingshots and bumpers tuned up to match the newer tables and real life pinballs

Wild West Rampage
    - Right outlane is now more forgiving
    - Multiplier targets are easier to hit
    - Rampage Multiball locking is easier if the multiball didn't start
    - 1 Duel win instead of 3 and 5-way combo instead of 10 needed for light extraballs
    - Skillshot scores got some balanced values

ElDorado
    - Ball saver will be activated once out of 5 completed JADE rollovers (random), other 4 completition gives various scores
    - Fixed a bug where the Multiball started with 3 balls instantly instead of 2.
    - Multiball starting were balanced: the idol stays open longer at start, but the light lock targets need to be hit once more after every ended multiball (max 5)

Shaman
    - Right sinkhole is more accessible
    - Spindisks are now actually working
    - Fixed an issue where a CAST hole hit gave 2 letters at a time
    - Balanced the CAST ball saver award to give ball save 2 times out of 6 completition (random), the rest gives 100K

Tesla
    - Main mode about to start is now random with every start of the game.
    - Next main mode will be automatically chosen after completing one.
    - Main mode starter minigame is a bit easier
    - Multiball jackpots are balanced, higher jackpots at start but they reset with every start of the multiball
    - The spinner holds the ball for a shorter time now and gives ball saver after 100K points made with it, raises a bit after every activation

V12
    - The table is globally now more accessible, easier to hit lanes

Sorcerer's Lair
    - The ball that drains through the left outlane right after hitting a bumper will be saved
    - Bones main mode is easier to complete
    - Right loop hit corrected so the ball will go around as it should
    - Fixed a bug where the table couldn't nudged for couple of seconds after a cellar mode
    - Collecting obsidians balanced: they will reset after the second time the table gets completed (finished Midnight mode) to prevent exploiting their bonus

Biolab
    - Fixed various bugs:
    - Extra-tilt warning (Mutation reward) doesnt work on FX3 (this reward gives normally 3 nudges before tilt on FX2).
    - Mini-bug (on FX2 too) : Super skillshot (double skillshot) gives no points when a ball is locked in the tubular.
    - Mini-bug (on FX2 too) : when a creature is born (after 3 tuchs) the dmd shows the message "and now for the genetic sequencing" and if the ball is in the jar in the same time to start a mission, we cant see the chosen mission (hidden by the message).
    - Precision on the bug activation of Wheel multiball during the Reflex upgrade : the wheel multiball can be activated doing 4x combos, so when we do it on the Reflex upgrade, that starts a multiball.
    - Bug with the activation of wheel in motion multiball during the Reflexes ugrade.

Pasha
    - Ball saver timer in Wizard mode shortened

Rome
    - Fixed a bug where after launching the ball on Justice mini-game the flippers didn't work anymore and the ball got lost
    - Romulus Jackpot score balanced to match other scores of the table

Excalibur
    - Easier to hit the cross ramp

Paranormal
    - Vertical mini playfield easier to play
    - Jackpot raising with the spinner got balanced

Marvel: Ant-Man
    - The multi-billion shots in wizard mode got balanced

Marvel: Fear Itself
    - Raft mode base score balanced

Marvel: Thor
    - Fixed an issue where the right kickback shot the ball to the drain

Marvel: Moon Knight
    - Fixed a bug where the Encircled mode remained lit once it got started

Marvel: Iron Man
    - Main modes can be started easier
    - Lanes can be hit a bit easier
    - Locker drop target is now more forgiving when hit

Marvel: Spider-Man
    - Right sinkhole is more accessible now

Marvel: Doctor Strange
    - Hitting the lanes are smoother
    - Starting main modes are a bit easier

Marvel: Fantastic Four
    - New fire effects
    - Bumper and combo scores got balanced
    - Scores during The Doctor Doom main mode gives bigger scores, completing it gives 4 million instead of 0

Marvel: Civil War
    - Fixed a score exploit what could occur shooting the right sinkhole enough times, score capped at 1M instead of 4M

Marvel: Captain America
    - Main mode completition scores splitted to make them available during the mode with progressing shots

Star Wars: Droids
    - Main mode starting is a bit easier

Star Wars: Episode IV A new hope
    - Death Star multiball starting balanced, needs more and more bumper hits after every start
    - Death Star multiball jackpot exploit prevented with a diverter on the jackpot ramps

Star Wars: Masters of the Force

Star Wars: Darth Vader
    - Fixed a bug where sometimes the Target Drill bonus got hold on next ball
    - Target Drill score capped to prevent exploiting

Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
    - Main mode scores got balanced (raised)
    - Scene 6 can be selected from the beginning
    - Fixed a bug where the end of ball bonus scores did not reset after TILT
    - Cloud City multiball can be started easier at first, gets harder with further starts

Star Wars: Rogue One
    - Wizard mode scores balanced a bit, scoop won't give the ball back always to the right arm to prevent exploiting

Star Wars: Clone Wars
    - Exploit prevented by caping the scores in Citadel side-mission

Skyrim Pinball
    - Starting of the Dovahkiin Multiball got balanced. The lit locks won't disappear after locking a ball, but it demands more hits to light them after the first and second start of the multiball.
    - Refined the working of flashig lights by default

Doom Pinball
    - Fixed a bug where the mini playfield gave too high score.
  • Mammouth
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2011

Woo ! I love this changelog !
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

• tfhfony
      Pinball Wizard
      • Mar 2013

WoW. That's one hell of a list My compliments.
      Will the tables in ZP2 on the PS4 also receive these updates / bugfixes, or are they FX3 only?
      https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
      https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Comment

• Mammouth
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by tfhfony
        Will the tables in ZP2 on the PS4 also receive these updates / bugfixes, or are they FX3 only?
        I think they'll do nothing to ZP2 from now, to concentrate all on PBFX3.

Deep, can you also fix the right orbit on Walking Dead, which sometimes make a plane when the ball comes back ? Thanks
        When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

• deep
          Table Designer
          • May 2011

Originally posted by tfhfony
          Only the PFX3 will get the updated tables, but you can carry the tables over from ZP2 to PFX3 so no worries

Comment

• cantankerous--
            Pinball Wizard
            • Nov 2016

Can't wait to try out v12 again. Hoping its closer to zen pinball 1 physics

Originally posted by McLovin

V12
            - The table is globally now more accessible, easier to hit lanes
            Really looking forward to this.
            Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
            2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
            3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
            sigpic

Comment

• cantankerous--
              Pinball Wizard
              • Nov 2016

A pinball builder, like mario maker

Maybe in pinball fx4 you can focus on making the best pinball creator so us players could design and post online our creations and then maybe you guys could pick your favorites and tweak them and add licensing and custom sounds. I would do it just for swag and recognition, I mean assuming I could even make anything that was worthy of recognition. Yes, I know it would be a major undertaking, but imagine how amazing it could be If you could pull it off. Must I put in the word water every time I post? Ive posted 4 times I think and had the same, "random" question appear. Im thinking a bot could eventually figure it out.
              Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
              2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
              3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
              sigpic

Comment

• Skode
                Pinball Wizard
                • Jul 2011

Hoo Boy, that Excalibur cross ramp shot has haunted me for YEARS - I'm hyped if it really is easier to hit. The only frustration I have with a still today top 3 fave table of mine.

Comment

• Vincent
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Sep 2010

Sorry but did I read correctly, are you seriously considering lowering, NIVELLING DOWN ROMULUS JACKPOT ??? Come on ! This is the jewel of the table, the sequence is so hard to perform, the reward is completely deserved ! Being a huge fan of the table, I'm telling you : if you do that, you will just KILL this table. It would be a shame ! Don't do that please !

Comment

• deep
                    Table Designer
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by Vincent
                    Sorry but did I read correctly, are you seriously considering lowering, NIVELLING DOWN ROMULUS JACKPOT ??? Come on ! This is the jewel of the table, the sequence is so hard to perform, the reward is completely deserved ! Being a huge fan of the table, I'm telling you : if you do that, you will just KILL this table. It would be a shame ! Don't do that please !
                    It is easy enough to start the mode and the 100+M is ridiculously high compared to other scores on the table. You wont lose anything, everyone will get the same scores and the table's scores will be more balanced. It was faulty since the release of the table that needed to be corrected.

Comment

• Vincent
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by deep
                      It is easy enough to start the mode and the 100+M is ridiculously high compared to other scores on the table. You wont lose anything, everyone will get the same scores and the table's scores will be more balanced. It was faulty since the release of the table that needed to be corrected.
                      I always thought it had been designed that way purposefully, wasn't it ? My guess is a lot of care was put into PFX2 core tables at the time the game was released. Romulus 100M+ jackpot always seemed fair to me, I would never have regarded it as a mistake. What does Tamas Stephen say about this ?
                      Last edited by Vincent; 09-08-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• LeanderL
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • May 2013

Awesome thread, thanks!

Could you please increase the music volume of Return of the Jedi? Every table has a good balance between audio and music but RotJ's music is way too low

Another concern is Pasha. The table is great but fighting the guards is too hard in my opinion and couldn't figure out the magnet minigame yet.
                        http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• deep
                          Table Designer
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by LeanderL
                          Awesome thread, thanks!

Could you please increase the music volume of Return of the Jedi? Every table has a good balance between audio and music but RotJ's music is way too low.
                          There will be detailed audio options in PFX3 so you can separately set the level of music, voiceovers, sfx, physical sfx and overall volume.

Comment

• LeanderL
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • May 2013

Thanks but per table? FX2 also has these options but only for all tables at once.
                            http://steamcommunity.com/id/leander_at/

Comment

• MuddyWolf_Beta
                              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by LeanderL
                              Thanks but per table? FX2 also has these options but only for all tables at once.
                              No. Not per table. It's the same as in FX2.

Comment

Working...