Thread: Severe performance issues (Xbox)

Default Severe performance issues (Xbox)

This was all working perfectly yesterday, but now overnight it's become completely unplayable!

- Most of the time the game doesn't load after profile select, and when it does it takes at least a minute to load the menu. It seems to be having trouble syncing data as well
    - It freezes and teleports the ball EVERY time you earn xp or do anything really to advance game modes. This especially makes the challenges impossible to play when you are constantly earning xp and advancing levels.
    - Game progress in challenges and upgrades are not saving. After quitting the game everything resets to what it was like before, it asks me if I want to continue where I left off last night.
    - This hasn't affected me but I'm seeing numerous reports of peoples levels being reset to 1

I can't be the only one having these issues. Any word from Zen as to when this will all be fixed?

It's not just you! I'm experiencing exactly the same issues you describe.

Additionally, when I launched today it started as if I had never launched the game before. I pressed B to skip the tutorial and the game froze.

It took 5 attempts, an uninstall, and a playing the tutorial again to get to the main menu (after a lengthy wait).

Menu is also slow when exiting from tables to main menu. Seems to be hitching whenever it's needing to connect to the server

Same as above. Everything was perfect yesterday. Now my level progress is gone and, launching the game, I have to link my account again each time.

I loaded a table and it was stuttering each time the ball went up particular ramps. Then the game crashed.

I'd also complain about how poor the early tables now look, how over-bright and cartoony. Though "severe," I guess it's not a performance issue.

Same issue as you are describing; levelling progress gone and table freezes/hitches every few seconds so it is unplayable. Also crashed as I was doing Back to the Future Matchup.

Zen, can you please give an update on what happened? Was game patched during the night which lead to this? Please give an ETA on fix, thanks.

Same here, was working perfect yesterday. Now it wants to relink the accounts at every start, wants to show the tutorial, has forgotten my favorites, doesn't save my records or upgrades anymore (the ones from yesterday still exist), freezes the game whenever I get XP or unlocks, crashes to the dashboard after about five minutes with any table, has reset my level from 14 to 1, says I have a superscore of 82.6 billion. Went from great to buggy mess over night.

Now my superscore is at 93,6 billion, my wizard score at 18,3 trillion.
    Last edited by X1 Two; 09-27-2017 at 02:17 PM.

I'm also having some issues.

I turned on my console today and it started downloading all of my FX3 tables again, even though they were all already installed.

Also, every time I start the game it pulls my save data in from Xbox Live, instead of using the local save.

the same as above, after several hours with nice playing : Now it wants to relink the accounts at every start, synchronize the save from cloud, wants to show the tutorial, has forgotten my favorites, doesn't save my upgrades and XP, there is now some freeze in game, and not before that.

on xbox one with 63 tables

EDIT : now it's works fine !!! 20h35 27/sept France
    Last edited by didd31; 09-27-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Unhappy

Yepp!
    Same here...
    Every time i log-in asking for linking account and restart from beginning... after this freezer...
    I have to delete my saving even on cloud or doesn't work, loosing my xp point

An update is required soon as possible (Xbox One)
    Last edited by roby2; 09-27-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Default Xbox One crashing Issue

Im having the same issues listed above. After installing yesterday, it played flawlessly for hours.( Southpark tables not transfered) Today it wanted to sync accounts again, tutorial could not be turned off, and each game freezes and crashes during game play.

Default problems

Well, thought I'd better add to the weight of numbers reporting this.

Frustrating, I'd built up a fair few upgrades and levels already....but the tables being unplayable is the worst.

I'm sure it'll get sorted.

Can someone from Zen please give us an answer as to when these issues will be fixed, or at least acknowledge the fact you are aware of this. Just keeping quiet is not helping anyone.

now for me it's works fine again without doing anything !!! : 20h36 27/sept France

I'll chime in as well. Exact same issues being experienced as the original poster. Worked completely fine for most of the day yesterday then boom.

Just want to add, I can crash the game consistently without fail by trying to start up a One Ball Challenge on Paranormal.

I have all the above problems together with high-scores that look like this :-

IMG_1284.JPG

How many tables do you guys own? I have all 68.

The reason I ask is because there are a lot of people that have no issue with this game but they also don't own very many tables. Just trying to see if there is a common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCougar View Post
    How many tables do you guys own? I have all 68.

The reason I ask is because there are a lot of people that have no issue with this game but they also don't own very many tables. Just trying to see if there is a common denominator.

I have about 30.

Everything was fine until I bought the Marvel Large Bundle. Might be coincidence though.

For me everything was fine until I got the Universal Tables pack.

And yeah, I have the same high score bug showing.

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for submitting these! Amazing work you guys doing in letting us know what's not working.

This issue we are working on hard, and have rolled out a patch to Steam that seemed to fix this issue, making it not repeat again.

We are working on the Xbox patch and hope to submit it ASAP. It has to pass Xbox cert and then it can get to you.

We apologize for this annoying issue, hopefully it will go away soon

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Trump View Post
    I have about 30.

Everything was fine until I bought the Marvel Large Bundle. Might be coincidence though.
    This is when I started experiencing my issues - after I bought marvel season 1 bundle for fx2, and imported it

Thanks so much for the update!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laruso View Post
    This is when I started experiencing my issues - after I bought marvel season 1 bundle for fx2, and imported it
    I bought The Universal stuff and it played fine last night and most of today....and then around 6pm (GMT) I lost all my levels etc..

Still have my standing in the League thing though

But if I can't play I might get pushed out! need to be in that top 20%

Thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Hey everyone!

Thank you all for submitting these! Amazing work you guys doing in letting us know what's not working.

This issue we are working on hard, and have rolled out a patch to Steam that seemed to fix this issue, making it not repeat again.

We are working on the Xbox patch and hope to submit it ASAP. It has to pass Xbox cert and then it can get to you.

Thanks for the update. I thought I could put up with it constantly freezing and hitching up but every time I play a table for longer than 5-10 minutes the damn game crashes back to the dashboard. This patch can't come soon enough.

I deleted my local files, then skipped syncing the save from the cloud. Progress is lost but at least it is working again. I have 68 tables, I remember I played Darth Vader yesterday and then sent the console to standby, continued the game today. Then it all started to be messed up. So maybe it's due to suspending the game? I'll try to close the game completely now whenever I play.

Same happening to me. On launch it asks me to sync accounts again. Then asks if I want the tutorial. Once I get in, my progress (from level 14) is back to zero. My table upgrades are gone too. The high scores for some tables is in the quintillions. And when playing tables they stutter constantly, typically when registering a large score (over 100,000 for example).

So strange as it was fine and dandy yesterday and I've woken up to this. I hope MS get that patch approved quickly!

I have 38 tables by the way.
    Last edited by Ozzpot; 09-28-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Hey everyone!

Thanks a lot Zen ! for your work to this fix

I'm having similar issues playing across both windows and Xbox One.

All progress keeps getting reset - upgrades, high scores, level & xp (but not high scores or the little table badges)
    Trying to download some tables I have purchased in the past gives me "Unknown Error" (different tables on different platforms)
    Same "unknown error" when trying to purchase a new table.
    Frequent sync issues

Love this game. Hope its fixed soon

Red face Thank you! Cant wait to play again!

Hey everyone!

Thank you for a quick response! Anxious to play again!

Has there been any update on the patch for XB1? It would be nice to play the game without it crashing every 30 seconds and erasing my progress.

Hey everyone!

Any update on a PS4 patch?

Game is still crashing

Default Im also having the same issues + my profile experience is gone :(

Just to say that im having the same problems and Im a lvl one profile again lol. Thanks for the support and the quick answer ZEN. The game is amazing and its a joy to play. Cheers. Waiting anxiously for the patch

I've also experienced these issues as well as poor syncing between multiple xboxes. (I use 3 different ones depending on where I am)

No, really, Zen. When are you going to fix this game? I bought the new tables. You owe me a working product.

Default Just adding to the list

Same problems here. It began happening for me after I inadvertently pressed the import tables button, which I didn’t need to do as I already had the tables imported.

Looking forward to a fix soon!

Yeah, mine was fine for a day or two, then I went to start it in the morning and lost everything.

I actually been wanting to play, but I guess I'll have to wait until the console updates get through their approve process and stuff. I kinda wanna avoid playing FX2 simply because it's gonna irritate me if I get a nice high score that can't be transferred to FX3.

Quote Originally Posted by ObKling View Post
    No, really, Zen. When are you going to fix this game? I bought the new tables. You owe me a working product.
    They are far too busy pushing the hype that is a new release (of a broken game). Every advertisement I see for this broken game on Facebook, I am responding and letting the masses know it's not working and people should stay away from it until it is fixed.

Seems strange that a game breaking update could get released the day after the game launched...but a patch that fixes the game....."no, that's gonna take some time because it needs to go through the patch reviewing process.". My 1 star review can sit on the Xbox store until it gets fixed...take your time.

Hi zen/ McLovin - please can you provide us with some information as to the expected date of the patch to make the X1 version functional again?

We all appreciate how busy you guys are over so many versions, but having spent so much money and having just bought the new tables which we can't play we would welcome some more openness - it's been 5 days since the last fix update.

Same here. I would really like to hear a date for the fix. I bought the game yesterday and it was playing fine, now it's stuttering, progress reset and basically unplayable

Guys, the patch is with the Microsoft certification team, has been for some time, and I doubt Zen know any more than we do when it will be approved. On Xbox, it doesn't matter if you get a patch together in three seconds flat, you still have to expect Microsoft to have their thumbs up their proverbials as usual. Sometimes it's a couple of days, sometimes a couple of weeks, and everyone is kept in the dark about this arcane process. Very frustrating, I know, but that's the way it is.

The game was fine for me til today. Might be because I haven't played anything else and just continued from the "always on" xbox feature.
    Had to restart today because of xbox freezing, not sure if it was the game I wasn't in game. Now can't get into the game, it freezes and the only way to get in is to not link account and play the tutorial. Link account freezes the game.
    Finally got into the game, I had to wait about 5 minutes after trying to link account and skipping tutorial for the game to load and there is constant freezing while playing.
    Last edited by Capta1n0bvious3; 10-02-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Game is absolutely unplayable with the game freezing for about a sec whenever I get xp. All my local high scores are corrupted as well. I think it has to do something with the syncing to the servers since I went online on my xbox and it took a bit of time trying to load up, then it completely restarted my progress. Challenges were wiped as well. Going back to fx2 until the issue is solved. Sadly no universal tables to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzpot View Post
    Guys, the patch is with the Microsoft certification team, has been for some time, and I doubt Zen know any more than we do when it will be approved. On Xbox, it doesn't matter if you get a patch together in three seconds flat, you still have to expect Microsoft to have their thumbs up their proverbials as usual. Sometimes it's a couple of days, sometimes a couple of weeks, and everyone is kept in the dark about this arcane process. Very frustrating, I know, but that's the way it is.
    I'm curious as to how you know that the patch is with MS. I haven't seen any guidance from Zen at all other than they were trying to finish a patch to submit to MS certification. Have they clarified somewhere that they have actually submitted the patch? One would think that they would post about it here on their own forums...

There has been an update.
    When starting up it says my profile is corrupted, and I lost all progress, but at least the game is now playable. So far no crashes or stuttering. I'll try for a bit longer and update.

Seems fine now
    Last edited by Capta1n0bvious3; 10-02-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Update 2:

Xbox One fix is out now as well, some key points:

- Your lost profile data cannot be set back (sorry, super embarrassing) so you'll have to level up again
    - Your highscores stayed intact
    - Crash should be solved now, wonks scores should be solved now

PS4:

Patch will be submitted for you guys as well, sorry about the delay