Thread: Non cabinet users: What view do you use mainly?

Default Non cabinet users: What view do you use mainly?

Since here are many users these days, i want to ask you Wizards on which view you score the most, especially playin on TV.

Personally I use 1w, 2, or 5. Just kinda depends on what I feel like at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TXF001 View Post
    Personally I use 1w, 2, or 5. Just kinda depends on what I feel like at the time.
    I used to use 3 on PFX2 but I find I liked 6 on the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by PainkillerJTL View Post
    I used to use 3 on PFX2 but I find I liked 6 on the new version.
    I have issues with any view that zooms into the top when the ball moves up. 5 is the closest I can deal with like that because it only moves the camera, it doesn't zoom.

I need to see the whole table with its gimmicks as its intended by Zen. I go with 1W. But i wonder what perspective is in Zens mind when designing the tables. Is it 1 or 1W?

I prefer 3. I like it zoomed in more, and how it follows the ball close. Sometimes I use 6 for flipper close ups but full table view for ball tracking.

5 is best for me on most tables, though sometimes it limits some stuff going on up top (can't see the guys in the cantina in Han solo for example)

I like to see a more overhead view of the entire table, so 2, but I use the Steam version, and use a 17" laptop to play. I've attached a 20" computer monitor to the laptop and ran the game vertically and I still ran in 2 (and liked it better, but it's annoying to set up on a regular basis). It seems like 1 and 1w have a tendency to hide things when the ball goes into the back of the table on tables that obscure the back like Secrets of the Deep and Fantastic Four.

If I played more regularly and had more space in my apartment I might get a cab just to make it easier to see things.

PS is there a way to get a more "overhead" view on the Steam version than View 2? I know you get a directly overhead view on the Android version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zeugma View Post
    Since here are many users these days, i want to ask you Wizards on which view you score the most, especially playin on TV.
    Views 1 and 1w. When multiball comes, if you manually switch to view 2 just once during multiball, the program will automatically do it on that table after that, then automatically switch back when you get down to 1 ball.

So 1 or 1w, then 2 during multiball. I use no other views for 1 reason... I like static, non moving, non zooming cameras. All other views, I believe, move or zoom other than 1, 1w, and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Deco View Post
    I need to see the whole table with its gimmicks as its intended by Zen. I go with 1W. But i wonder what perspective is in Zens mind when designing the tables. Is it 1 or 1W?
    We usually develop with View 1 in mind, and regulation states that everything has to be visible on a table at least from View 1.

View 1

I used to go with view 6 in the past, but I just can't stand scrolling cameras anymore. Especially, after upgrading to a larger TV.

I use view 4 - except for multiball modes obviously

I choose 4 because it brings me closer to the flippers - which is how I aim. I aim by where the ball is on the flipper so I don't really need to see above me once I know the layout of the table
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 10-15-2017 at 11:39 PM.