Thread: Pinball FX3 Updates!

Default Pinball FX3 Updates!

Hi everyone!

It’s been quite a week here at Zen Studios. Pinball FX3 and Universal Classics™ Pinball are now live. We are aware of some issues which we are working to fix around the clock:

Xbox One:

- Import issues for some Xbox One users. Please email support@zenstudios.com
    - Profile resets for some Xbox One users. Sit tight, we will have a title update out as soon as possible.

PS4:

- Ant-Man import issue on PS4 in EU region is now fixed, please try importing this table.

Please keep sending your feedback and reports, it helps make the game better!

Default Windows 10?

What about windows 10?
    The import of Pinball FX2 tables to Pinball FX3 does not work.
    Last edited by HeinzDo; 09-28-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Default 64/64

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

- Ant-Man import issue on PS4 in EU region is now fixed, please try importing this table.

Got my Ant-Man table, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by (SiC) View Post
    Got my Ant-Man table, thx!
    No such luck here but that's heartening to hear. Hopefully it's just taking time rolling out across Europe.

What about the constant freezing and guaranteed crash after 10-15 minutes of play on Xbox? It's not listed here so will it be in the patch, because right now the game is unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by QuietlyWrong View Post
    No such luck here but that's heartening to hear. Hopefully it's just taking time rolling out across Europe.
    Me neighter, hitting import does not show Ant-Man for download.

I think I saw people reporting the losing profile data bug for PS4. I haven't seen it myself though. Is a fix being worked on for PS4? What causes it/Is there a workaround so I can still play PFX3 without losing my profile data?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    I think I saw people reporting the losing profile data bug for PS4. I haven't seen it myself though. Is a fix being worked on for PS4? What causes it/Is there a workaround so I can still play PFX3 without losing my profile data?
    I haven't seen that bug on PS4 either, but you could try making a backup of your save profile to a USB stick (or let Plus do it automatically to the cloud) and should the worst occur, try reinstating the old save.

If I'm ever forced to resort to this I'll report back.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantBomb View Post
    What about the constant freezing and guaranteed crash after 10-15 minutes of play on Xbox? It's not listed here so will it be in the patch, because right now the game is unplayable.
    I played for an hour last nite on XB, and a half-hour this morn, no crashes... <shrugs>
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    I played for an hour last nite on XB, and a half-hour this morn, no crashes... <shrugs>
    I've got all tables installed, it might affect those that have too many. No matter what I play or whatever mode, it boots me back to the dashboard. This is a common problem that needs to be fixed asap.

I've got all tables installed, it might affect those that have too many. No matter what I play or whatever mode, it boots me back to the dashboard. This is a common problem that needs to be fixed asap.
    I also have all tables installed on Xbox and it crashes when loading tables or during games, you can never play any tables either without the momentary freezing after which the ball appears elsewhere. Back to FX2 until this is all sorted.

You've talked about working hard to push out an update and you've also said it's Xbox's slow approval process that might cause a delay. Has an update been submitted?

Default yes, what about windows10?

Quote Originally Posted by HeinzDo View Post
    What about windows 10?
    The import of Pinball FX2 tables to Pinball FX3 does not work.
    yes, this - is there any statement on Windows 10 version? I don't mind waiting or jumping through hoops to get a table imported, but would like any clarity that you can provide on this.

Default Ant-Man PSN FRANCE

Hi everyone
    Ant-Man still missing..... No table to import.
    Have a look at PSN Store manualy, nothing about unlocking AntMan Table's.

Friendly, Gilles

Agreed. It does not matter if it's a new universal table like Jaws or an old one like Wild West Rampage. Lots of freezing and/or lag in the main menu too. All while it keeps resetting my progress and re-linking my profile every time I boot the game. It is VERY broken right now.

At least my leader board scores are in tact, but it is frustrating that I cannot make more without the game crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpeeker View Post
    Same here. Apparently it is working for some EU accounts but not others.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if firmware matters. Is your PS4 using standard 4.74 firmware? I guess this is the case.

I am on beta 5.00 and wondering about rolling back to 4.74 to see if it makes any difference. Not that I'm in any hurry. 67/68 will keep me going for years.

Default What about Windows 10

When can we import tables purchased on Windows 10 marketplace pinball fx2

Default EU/ger no Ant-man import possible

Quote Originally Posted by Woodpeeker View Post
    Hi everyone
    Have a look at PSN Store manualy, nothing about unlocking AntMan Table's.

Friendly, Gilles
    Same here. German Store/PSN. Tried ingame import via square button, singleplayer buy and direct store purchase with no luck.
    Maybe not all stores are updated the same time. Will check later.

Hi everyone!

It’s been quite a week here at Zen Studios. Pinball FX3 and Universal Classics™ Pinball are now live. We are aware of some issues which we are working to fix around the clock:

Xbox One:

- Import issues for some Xbox One users. Please email support@zenstudios.com
    - Profile resets for some Xbox One users. Sit tight, we will have a title update out as soon as possible.

PS4:

Also on the PS4 there is something wrong with the profiles. Highscore & XP remain intact, but all upgrades are gone the next day :'(

Ant-man importing still doesnt work (eu)

Angry

Since today, the game is completely unplayable on XB1 while it worked somewhat nice yesterday.

When launched, it always asks to connect accounts, which I already did a couple of times.

After that with skipping tutorial via "B" button, game freezes for approx. 30 seconds, then main menu appears with all settings reset to defaults, level is down to 1 and more issues.

When being able to at least start to play on a table, game freezes every 3-5 seconds.

While playing, game crashes and then dashboards me 9 of 10 times.

And most of the tables I purchased on FX2, can't be imported since it says they're part of a pack - where marketplace asks me to buy the whole pack though I e. g. already own 3 out of 6 tables in it.

PLEASE fix all those issues, soon!

Default it keeps asking to link account

It keeps asking to link account it crashes during gameplay and it gives me a wizard score and highscores that are not even reachable in 10 lifetimes so it's ungameable at the moment and it resets my levels every time again and well scores that are a quintillion x something ain't right either I hope this summary might help you solving the issues (btw the universal tables are awesome I love those)

sincerely yours,

Luna Solveigh.

Seeing as how bad Zen support is here on these forums, I'll do their job for them...

This was a response to someone on twitter 4 hours ago "The patch is submitted to Xbox, it just has to pass cert. and it can go live. Thank you for your patience and we apologize"

This has been such an abysmal launch week for the game, I can't wait for this to get fixed so I can play it for more than 15 minutes at a time!

Default negative highscores?

some tables also seem to have negative highscores... (would mean I gave the table points for scores I made... or something like that lol)

Seeing as how bad Zen support is here on these forums, I'll do their job for them...

This was a response to someone on twitter 4 hours ago "The patch is submitted to Xbox, it just has to pass cert. and it can go live. Thank you for your patience and we apologize"

This has been such an abysmal launch week for the game, I can't wait for this to get fixed so I can play it for more than 15 minutes at a time!
    Zen has posted that multiple times in these forums, and on FB.
    I played for 2 hrs the other nite on XB1, no problems. Well, except for my mediocre gameplay...

Still had my scores, progress, etc this morn. <shrugs>
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY

Please give them some time. I'm also not happy with the launchweek due to import issues, but let's assume ZenStudios will put their effort in it to fix these problems.

To ZenStudios : Two days ago PBFX3 did not crash at all (windows 10), but today's update is very buggy (quickly crashes) and laggy.
    Last edited by Boulderdash; 09-30-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Default Have the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Solveigh View Post
    It keeps asking to link account it crashes during gameplay and it gives me a wizard score and highscores that are not even reachable in 10 lifetimes so it's ungameable at the moment and it resets my levels every time again and well scores that are a quintillion x something ain't right either I hope this summary might help you solving the issues (btw the universal tables are awesome I love those)

sincerely yours,

Luna Solveigh.
    All my upgradelevels and stars are down to zero, after the game crashes today. This game is actually waste of time (and money for the new tables).
    Its buggy like pinball arcade on the PS4.

I really miss local high scores on PS4. Can it please be added? Seems like a step backwards from ZP2.

Also, the menu screen is slightly too big for my TV. Button prompts at the bottom of the menus are slightly chopped off and I can't see an option to reposition the screen.
    Most other games have this option. Can it please be added?

Aside from these gripes, I'm having a great time and am very grateful to Zen for letting me download all my tables again at no extra charge. A hugely generous gesture, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Luna Solveigh View Post

sincerely yours,

Luna Solveigh.
    Yes...I have the same problem! It's like every time I load up the game, it thinks it is the first time, keeps giving me the stupid tutorial. Takes forever, then finally gets me to my collection. I can play, but games have serious stutter glitches. I am on XBOX One. Shows previous best score being in the Negative 6 Quintilian range!
    Last edited by TPuddy; 10-01-2017 at 05:23 AM.

Default xbox one here too

Quote Originally Posted by TPuddy View Post
    Yes...I have the same problem! It's like every time I load up the game, it thinks it is the first time, keeps giving me the stupid tutorial. Takes forever, then finally gets me to my collection. I can play, but games have serious stutter glitches. I am on XBOX One. Shows previous best score being in the Negative 6 Quintilian range!
    yes I'm also on xbox one it stutters has negative highscores (also positive ones that are way too high to reach... I wish it were my scores lol) and it crashes after approx. 15 minutes bringing me back to my xbox one homescreen.

btw TPuddy does yours also give you a way to high superscore? mine suddenly gave me this superscore 127,279,333,807
    Last edited by Luna Solveigh; 10-01-2017 at 03:06 PM.

I am located in germany and ant men still does not import on PS4. All other 57 tables imported correctly.

Wow..... Zen has some great forum support.

Default challenge progress erased

What can I do, if my challange progress erased? Powers at level 0 or locked again. I can still see my challange high scores.
    Luckily I maxed out all challenges >> powers and got my trophy on day 2, but its annoying and cant use my maxed out powers in match-up mode.

Default Windows 10 update!

The windows 10 version is updated 1.0.3.2 -> 1.0.4.2 (now with local highscore support)

As far as I can tell after playing for over 2 hours, there are no more nasty crashes or saving errors (scores / config options / xp progress)
    There is allthough still a table import issue. Apart from that the game plays like a charm! Thanks Zen Team. I hope all of you are still healthy after a turbulent week. Cheers!
    Last edited by Boulderdash; 10-03-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Default No import (Windows 10)

Still no import in the Windows 10 version. It sucks.

Well, there was an update on Xbox One today, but my Wizard and Super Scores still seem to be messed up. So not sure what it fixed.

Xbox One update was release. I just downloaded it and tried it out.

Seems to work fine now. I can't say anything on importing since I already had all my tables imported. The game isn't resetting every time and I haven't had a freeze or crash yet. One thing I dislike is that it now brings up an Xbox Text window to input high score names instead of doing it on the display with the flippers. Not a fan of that. But it's only a minor thing, it at least works which is great.

Thanks for the update. It would be nice in the future to let your users know what's happening rather than just telling us an update is coming and going silent for a couple days. Maybe keep us informed about why something isn't working or at least your thoughts occasionally. Something for us to know you're paying attention.

update done. game plays well now but all the scores, power up & wizard have been reset. Achievements are ok but I still can't stream the game.

PS4 version needs an update too. Progrss continues to erase after every 10 start ups or so.

Thumbs up Xbox One working well so far.

Update on Xbox done, all working well so far. Good job

Quote Originally Posted by TXF001 View Post
    Thanks for the update. It would be nice in the future to let your users know what's happening rather than just telling us an update is coming and going silent for a couple days. Maybe keep us informed about why something isn't working or at least your thoughts occasionally. Something for us to know you're paying attention.
    Well said. Hey devs, I suggest you make a mental note of this for when the game breaks again.

Thanks for the update Zen, nice to play again!

Re letting us know: Eh, I knew they were working on it, not a big deal in the whole scheme of things.
    Pinball is fun, but I got other things going on in my life, I can wait...
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY

Default Profile corrupt

Before the update I had no problems apart from the odd hang up in menu screens . Now that they have done a patch to fix the profile reset bug , guess what PROFILE CORRUPT... No !!

What about the import bug in Windows 10? I want to play the tables I purchased!!

Quote Originally Posted by SPiiKE View Post
    Before the update I had no problems apart from the odd hang up in menu screens . Now that they have done a patch to fix the profile reset bug , guess what PROFILE CORRUPT... No !!
    XB1 correct? I got the same CORRUPT msg, but I think I just hit A to continue. Then it asked me to import again. Except for level & progress being lost, i had all of my tables, and scores were still intact. I even shut down the game and restarted to check, still good. I played a few tables last nite, and one this morn. <shrugs>
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY

I'll delegate a whole topic for it, but an Xbox patch has gone live now

I'll delegate a whole topic for it, but an Xbox patch has gone live now
    Have you any idea about the update for ps4? Will it follow this week? It doesnt make sence right now to play because of losing all progress.

Thanks!

On PS4, the menu screen is slightly too big for my TV. Button prompts (More Info, Change Group, etc) at the bottom of the menu screen are slightly chopped off and I can't see an option to reposition the screen.

Is this the same for anyone else using the PS4 version?
    Is there a screen repositioning option that I'm somehow missing?

(I mentioned this previously in this thread but wanted to know if the issue affects anyone else and if there is a solution.)
    Last edited by Roddy100; 10-03-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy100 View Post
    On PS4, the menu screen is slightly too big for my TV. Button prompts (More Info, Change Group, etc) at the bottom of the menu screen are slightly chopped off and I can't see an option to reposition the screen.

Is this the same for anyone else using the PS4 version?
    Is there a screen repositioning option that I'm somehow missing?
    Under the options (at least on the xbox version), on the UI menu if you scroll down, there is a horiz/vertical safe space sliders, this may do something

Quote Originally Posted by chifan View Post
    Have you any idea about the update for ps4? Will it follow this week? It doesnt make sence right now to play because of losing all progress.

Thanks!
    We are close to submitting it, with Sony standing by for rapid clearance. We're hoping it can go live soon.

Default My magic PS4 table delete

No Antman table import one week after reportedly fixed and last night I had to completely redownload all my tables and licences on PS4 as they had magically deleted themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by boyjohn View Post
    Under the options (at least on the xbox version), on the UI menu if you scroll down, there is a horiz/vertical safe space sliders, this may do something
    Thanks for the advice. However, I checked and there is no such option on PS4

The 9/29 hot fix on Steam broke the game for me. I had it up and running on launch day but now that I don't have the option to disable shadows the vast majority of the tables don't work for me anymore.
    Edit: I've tried lowering the resolution settings all the way, turning off reflections, and everything else. I'm not sure what it is about shadows that is causing so many problems, but apart from the Universal tables everything I've tried with shadows enabled had been bad
    Last edited by Jamman39; 10-05-2017 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Add more detail

Default Lack of courtesy from Zen

It would be nice if Zen could do us the courtesy of replying. The PS4 Ant Man import is not fixed for everyone even though Zen claim it is. Perhaps a comment on how long it will be before the import issue will be fixed properly would be nice.