Clear All
  • cantankerous--
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2016

Who is ? Hidden

Been seeing this all over the boards
    Attached Files
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
    sigpic
  • Uwe
    • Mar 2016

he is not in the matchup mode anymore,but has a top 50 score in almost every table.something fishy going on imho.
    Last edited by Uwe; 10-05-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• cantankerous--
      Pinball Wizard
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Uwe
      he is not in the matchup mode anymore,but has a top 50 score in almost every table.something fishy going on imho.
      Look at the picture. Their are many named hidden. I think maybe they are on steam? something weird that I just dont get.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
      sigpic

Comment

• GruffMckenzie
        • Sep 2017

I think there was an option somewhere to remain hidden to other platforms...

Comment

• Uwe
          • Mar 2016

i just checked,see him only once on the matchup scoreboard now,maybe a bug?

Comment

• cantankerous--
            Pinball Wizard
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by GruffMckenzie
            I think there was an option somewhere to remain hidden to other platforms...
            I dont understand the reasoning behind being competitive and yet hiding your name. Seems weird to me.

sigpic

Comment

• Deco
              • Sep 2017

Its full of em.

Comment

• SirenXp
                • Sep 2012

Steam account hidden from public is what I thought it was. I'm not sure if most these people realise their not visible in game.

Comment

• McLovin
                  Marketing Manager
                  • Apr 2017

Hello,

'hidden' profiles are players who chose to disable cross-platform visibility.

Comment

• exFanboy
                    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by McLovin
                    Hello,

'hidden' profiles are players who chose to disable cross-platform visibility.
                    If they hide their profile or not is their decision. BUT why they are then displayed in the highscores? Sorry guys, but that is nonsense. Anyone who hide their display or disable cross-platform visibility have no right to be in any highscore on another platform.

It is not only annoying but also strange to play versus "hidden" players, I mean those players could also be bots or something like that... We just dont know.

My suggestion: No cross-plattform visibility means no entry in any highscores other than the own platform.

Comment

• QuietlyWrong
                      • Sep 2017

Another perspective

'Hidden' doesn't bother me on the high score tables.

Consistently numbered 'HiddenX01550001', 'HiddenX01550002', etc might be nicer, in case there's a specific player who turns out to be your high score table nemesis.

Comment

• Satori
                        • Mar 2012

I hate to break it to you guys, but I am Hidden. I created about 50 accounts all with the same name, just to bother you. Mwah-ha-ha-ha!

Comment

• McLovin
                          Marketing Manager
                          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by exFanboy
                          If they hide their profile or not is their decision. BUT why they are then displayed in the highscores? Sorry guys, but that is nonsense. Anyone who hide their display or disable cross-platform visibility have no right to be in any highscore on another platform.

It is not only annoying but also strange to play versus "hidden" players, I mean those players could also be bots or something like that... We just dont know.

My suggestion: No cross-plattform visibility means no entry in any highscores other than the own platform.
                          There are no bots on the leaderboards, and we wanted to give a 'real' standing to everyone so you don't get fooled into thinking you are first for example, when maybe there are like 10 before you.

Comment

• McLovin
                            Marketing Manager
                            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by QuietlyWrong
                            'Hidden' doesn't bother me on the high score tables.

Consistently numbered 'HiddenX01550001', 'HiddenX01550002', etc might be nicer, in case there's a specific player who turns out to be your high score table nemesis.
                            That is not a bad idea actually, but wouldn't it seem like a bug to some players? It could seem very srcipt-ey maybe

Comment

• cantankerous--
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by McLovin
                              That is not a bad idea actually, but wouldn't it seem like a bug to some players? It could seem very srcipt-ey maybe
                              As long as your going to give them the ability to be "? Hidden" by not displaying their unique player profile why not just give them the ability to create a new player profile?

sigpic

Comment

Working...