Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Removed the option to buy Zen pinball 2 tables on ps4

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100

    Default Removed the option to buy Zen pinball 2 tables on ps4

    Why?

    I needed only 4 more tables to completed it.
    Because Zen decided to stop supporting stereoscopic 3D I wanted to stick with Zen pinball 2.

    I can understand the reason to drop 3d cause its probably not used often by many people but removing the option to buy tables on Zp2 is not good.

    You cant expect all the users to jump to pinball fx3 if you cut out certain options that were in previous versions.

  2. #2
    Junior Member dok5555555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    You can still get them, you just need to buy them for ps3 or vita. They're crossbuy so they'll show up in your ps4 downloads as well.

  3. #3
    Member QuietlyWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    PS4; London, UK
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Which tables are you missing? Can you buy them from in-game or does it redirect you to over-expensive multi-table collections that include tables you've already got.


    Of course, if you're complaining that Zen Pinball 2 won't be getting any of the new Pinball FX3 tables, I think Zen Studios have decisively drawn the line under the old game now.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dok5555555 View Post
    You can still get them, you just need to buy them for ps3 or vita. They're crossbuy so they'll show up in your ps4 downloads as well.

    Eh thx.
    Will check if it works
    Last edited by chivato; 10-09-2017 at 05:26 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Update:

    Bought the pack i needed on the vita.
    Tried to import it on the ps4 for Zen pinball 2 and it doesnt work. No tables found to import.

    Opened up Pinball FX 3 and could import the tables there just fine.
    So i wasted money
    Thx Zen

  6. #6
    Junior Member dok5555555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chivato View Post
    Update:

    Bought the pack i needed on the vita.
    Tried to import it on the ps4 for Zen pinball 2 and it doesnt work. No tables found to import.

    Opened up Pinball FX 3 and could import the tables there just fine.
    So i wasted money
    Thx Zen
    Did you look under your download list on PS4, you shoudn't have to import from vita to ps4, you'll just recieve a seperate download for it. If not I'd contact zen support, it's definitly crossbuy, says so right on the page store for any table: "Purchasing this content entitles you to the PS3™ system, PS4™ system, and “PS Vita” system versions!" Also, I've always got all three versions when I've bought a table.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Yes I loooked in the list and downloaded it again but it just wont unlock.
    Its the vengeance table pack with ghost rider in it.

    can play it on the vita and in pfx3 but not in zp2.
    They deleted the tables from the store aswell.

    I know cause i bought excalibur yesterday and that worked just fine.

  8. #8
    Junior Member dok5555555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chivato View Post
    Yes I loooked in the list and downloaded it again but it just wont unlock.
    Its the vengeance table pack with ghost rider in it.

    can play it on the vita and in pfx3 but not in zp2.
    They deleted the tables from the store aswell.

    I know cause i bought excalibur yesterday and that worked just fine.
    Very odd. I'd definitly email zen support about it. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you downloaded the table but not the license part, or maybe the wrong platform license.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dok5555555 View Post
    Very odd. I'd definitly email zen support about it. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you downloaded the table but not the license part, or maybe the wrong platform license.

    Ye its really weird.

    Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.
    It was a good idea but it really shows that they dropped their support for ZP2.

  10. #10
    Member QuietlyWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    PS4; London, UK
    Posts
    54

    Default

    What happens in ZP2 if you play the demo version of Ghost Rider?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuietlyWrong View Post
    What happens in ZP2 if you play the demo version of Ghost Rider?
    Then you can just play the demo for a couple minutes.

  12. #12
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Hey Chivato,

    I guess you tried pushing the square button in Zen Pinball 2 to see if they download, or pressing on the icons?

    You could also try pressing on: You could try going to (Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licenses] as well. And then trying the first method.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Hey Chivato,

    I guess you tried pushing the square button in Zen Pinball 2 to see if they download, or pressing on the icons?

    You could also try pressing on: You could try going to (Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licenses] as well. And then trying the first method.
    Yep tried this but it doesnt work either

  14. #14
    Member QuietlyWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    PS4; London, UK
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chivato View Post
    Yep tried this but it doesnt work either
    I would suggest going to the store and redownloading the demo version of the Vengeance and Virtue pack for PS4 to see if it updates your licence. But it's not publically available on my store for Zen Pinball 2, only PFX3. :|

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuietlyWrong View Post
    I would suggest going to the store and redownloading the demo version of the Vengeance and Virtue pack for PS4 to see if it updates your licence. But it's not publically available on my store for Zen Pinball 2, only PFX3. :|
    Ye they pulled everything from the store.
    Dont get any replies from Zen support.
    Last edited by chivato; 10-11-2017 at 12:04 PM.

  16. #16
    Member QuietlyWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    PS4; London, UK
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Yeah - this was because it resolved my issue with Ant-Man on PFX3, downloading the demo tables again reinstalled the licence, which suggests that the store packages were updated between my original download and the most recent one.

    If you're keen to play Ghost RIder on ZP2 as opposed to PFX3, you could try logging a ticket with PS Support. Zen might be quicker through their channels though.

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    PS4, Berlin
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chivato View Post
    Ye they pulled everything from the store.
    Dont get any replies from Zen support.
    Yep, as you said. I bought a few more tables too on PS3, so i'll have them on Vita. I tried the import in ZP2 and there is just no content to import anymore, no demos, nothing in the store. Import just works in PFX3.

    Gone features like 3D (even if i don't own a 3D-TV) and the good old individual pinball-style highscore entry will sadly be missed until Zen decides to put them back in.

  18. #18
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    358

    Default

    We haven't changed anything in the PS4 ZP2 version of the game, and the items still exist to be able to play them, or re-download them from your game library in the future, so the PS3/Vita -> to PS4 should work.

    I'll ask around what can cause this.

  19. #19
    Member QuietlyWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    PS4; London, UK
    Posts
    54

    Default PlayStation Store woes

    If I might make an observation about the cumbersome PlayStation Store...

    I would beg any developer to NEVER consider the 'Go to your download list and find your previous purchases' option to be anything but a last-ditch desperate solution.

    Here are the problems with the download list:

    It can get very, very long - I have over 3000 items in mine
    It can be viewed 24 items to a page, one page at a time
    It cannot be searched
    It cannot be filtered
    It cannot be sorted
    It rearranges itself whenever you renew a PlayStation Plus subscription


    As such, in its current form, it can be an absolute nightmare to deal with. The gods know the PS community have been complaining about it for about a decade.
    Last edited by QuietlyWrong; 10-18-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •