Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Wizard Upgrades

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    173

    Default Wizard Upgrades

    For the purposes of advancing them, what exactly counts as activating them?

    There have been numerous times where I quickly activated them, only to check a little later to see that it didn't register and no progress was made. Is there some sort of qualifier for it to count.

    I'm actually only interested only because I want to get the achievement for upgrading the whole table (yes, I'm one of those guys!). Looks to be a massive grind though.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

  2. #2
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    You must hold down the button down, not just a quick tap. Wizard upgrades go by the number of seconds activated, rather than the number of uses.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    You must hold down the button down, not just a quick tap. Wizard upgrades go by the number of seconds activated, rather than the number of uses.
    Not true at all. In the case of the bonus multiplyer. Simply tap it just before you are normally awarded points and if done correctly will give you lots more and take away almost no time. You just have to know the table and know when best to use it. I milk it like its my personal point cow.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

  4. #4
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Not true at all. In the case of the bonus multiplyer. Simply tap it just before you are normally awarded points and if done correctly will give you lots more and take away almost no time. You just have to know the table and know when best to use it. I milk it like its my personal point cow.
    Odd! I've did the above multiple times and it didn't increase the progress bar at all. I found the progress bar advanced much faster when I held the button down. Each second I held it down; the progress bar went up a point.

    FWIW, I grind the Sorcerer's Lair table to get the max out all power-ups trophy.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Odd! I've did the above multiple times and it didn't increase the progress bar at all. I found the progress bar advanced much faster when I held the button down. Each second I held it down; the progress bar went up a point.

    FWIW, I grind the Sorcerer's Lair table to get the max out all power-ups trophy.
    Progress bar? WTF is that? Im talking about points or score. If you have the multiplier thingy as your wizard power and are in a situation where your going to get lots of points, say spiderman table and your doing the jay jameson loop and its on 20, which is to say for those who dont know, 20 million if done perfectly, you cant of course because it takes time to set up the loop, but you could walk away with 17 million, if just before you are awarded that 17 million you briefly, I mean just tap it at the exact moment get 25 million or even more and take away only a hair. I tap it all the time during multiball on family guy and kill it and many times get in excess of 60 mill on 5 minute games.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

  6. #6
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Progress bar? WTF is that?
    You can level up the wizard power-ups and make them last longer. There are a total of 10 levels. You can see the progress by viewing the wizard power individually.

    This is what the OP is referring to he/she said "advancing" them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •