Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Wizard score incorrect? Upgrades lost

  1. #1

    Default Wizard score incorrect? Upgrades lost

    I've been playing zen pinball 2 on PS3 through PS4 all the way back since the shaman table. I had a backup of my pinball FX 3 profile on a USB drive so to resolve an issue where the table Civil War wouldn't load it all I deleted the profile and started over with all my upgrades at zero my first question is I'd rather not do that ...so will this eventually be patched so that I can go back to my saved game that has all my upgrades? Furthermore I noticed and all this copying and deleting that my Wizard score is showing at 1900. That seems very low to me considering I have been playing these pinball tables for so long. Does 1900 seem legitimate? I know there may be a bug with other people's profiles because I see tons of people in the Millions and mine only shows such a small number. Just wanted to check

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    161

    Default

    First of all, your wizard score, at least, as far as I can tell means nothing. Sure mine is in the billions and yet many billions less than many. I have no idea how its generated or why yours is so low or why mine is so much less than others, but its just a number that means nothing as far as I can tell. It gives you nothing so having one that is 1 vs one that is a trillion is the same. It's just a number. I assume it factors in how many different tables you have played vs someone like me who already has every table and only likes 10 or so out of the 68 and typically only play the ones Im good at. Sad, but true. Some of the tables just are kind of boring and I cant make myself learn them cause they just arent my style. I like tables that are fast and furious.................hey, there is an idea. Get the license Zen.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

  3. #3

    Default

    well, yours seems to be part of the bug, which mine seems to be resolved. But in the sense that its resolved by being reset. I assume that the score was pulled in from Zen Pinball 2 on the initial prompt to "import" but now when it does that, the wizard score seemed to have gone to 0 as other things do when you load a new profile. I thought I saw a wizard score there when I first booted up FX3 but I could have been wrong.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by romhog View Post
    well, yours seems to be part of the bug, which mine seems to be resolved. But in the sense that its resolved by being reset. I assume that the score was pulled in from Zen Pinball 2 on the initial prompt to "import" but now when it does that, the wizard score seemed to have gone to 0 as other things do when you load a new profile. I thought I saw a wizard score there when I first booted up FX3 but I could have been wrong.
    Im not really following you. You think the wizard score should be low and those of us with billions are messed up? I dont really care one way or the other since, like I said previously, no matter the score it seems to do nothing at all.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Im not really following you. You think the wizard score should be low and those of us with billions are messed up? I dont really care one way or the other since, like I said previously, no matter the score it seems to do nothing at all.
    no, I DO think mine is broken aka restarted at zero, AND that others have the opposite issue of showing 100's of millions for the wizard score.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by romhog View Post
    no, I DO think mine is broken aka restarted at zero, AND that others have the opposite issue of showing 100's of millions for the wizard score.
    I want you to get the score that is fair, based on your ability and time played, but seriously, it serves no purpose and just seems a random point value based on nothing I can fathom.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    I want you to get the score that is fair, based on your ability and time played, but seriously, it serves no purpose and just seems a random point value based on nothing I can fathom.
    It would help a lot if ZEN would give some clear communication about the Wizard score & previous high-score bugs, possibly per platform. Over here I still get craze previous high-score numbers and I have no clue on what to do.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfhfony View Post
    It would help a lot if ZEN would give some clear communication about the Wizard score & previous high-score bugs, possibly per platform. Over here I still get craze previous high-score numbers and I have no clue on what to do.
    I totally agree.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

  9. #9
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Your wish is my command, here are how these are calculated:

    Superscore: Based on your standing on each table leaderboard you get a value between 0 and 1000. This is not a given, the score changes as does your position on a leaderboard. The superscore is all these values combined.

    Wizard score: The Superscore of your and your friends combined.

    That said, we had some very crazy super and wizard scores going on at launch because of a bug.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Your wish is my command, here are how these are calculated:

    Superscore: Based on your standing on each table leaderboard you get a value between 0 and 1000. This is not a given, the score changes as does your position on a leaderboard. The superscore is all these values combined.

    Wizard score: The Superscore of your and your friends combined.

    That said, we had some very crazy super and wizard scores going on at launch because of a bug.
    Thanks for the information... That is very interesting and I like that.

    There are a lot of tables where you can get insane points and others where it is hard to get big scores. Linking the value for Superscore to the ranking and not to the score makes all tables equal and will motivate me to play low-scoring tables more often. Great idea!

    Another question about that: Is the Superscore based on the Singleplayer with Wizard Power, Singleplayer Classic, both or even all leaderboards (including 1-Ball-Challenge, 5-Min-Mode, ...)?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Your wish is my command, here are how these are calculated:

    Superscore: Based on your standing on each table leaderboard you get a value between 0 and 1000. This is not a given, the score changes as does your position on a leaderboard. The superscore is all these values combined.

    Wizard score: The Superscore of your and your friends combined.

    That said, we had some very crazy super and wizard scores going on at launch because of a bug.
    I still have very weird "previous highscore" numbers on the PS4, consisting of 30+ digitits. How can I solve this? I already have your update installed.

  12. #12
    New Flipper DeadlyPurpose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Your wish is my command, here are how these are calculated:

    Superscore: Based on your standing on each table leaderboard you get a value between 0 and 1000. This is not a given, the score changes as does your position on a leaderboard. The superscore is all these values combined.

    Wizard score: The Superscore of your and your friends combined.

    That said, we had some very crazy super and wizard scores going on at launch because of a bug.
    Thank you for the explanation, I never did understand what those scores represented.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyPurpose View Post
    Thank you for the explanation, I never did understand what those scores represented.
    At the end of the day does any of it matter? Seriously, 20 qualdrillion vs 1 point? Who cares its just some manufactured score that means nothing and according to many most are glitched anyway.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

  14. #14
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rechelino View Post
    Thanks for the information... That is very interesting and I like that.

    There are a lot of tables where you can get insane points and others where it is hard to get big scores. Linking the value for Superscore to the ranking and not to the score makes all tables equal and will motivate me to play low-scoring tables more often. Great idea!

    Another question about that: Is the Superscore based on the Singleplayer with Wizard Power, Singleplayer Classic, both or even all leaderboards (including 1-Ball-Challenge, 5-Min-Mode, ...)?
    It comes from 'Single Player'

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Your wish is my command, here are how these are calculated:

    Superscore: Based on your standing on each table leaderboard you get a value between 0 and 1000. This is not a given, the score changes as does your position on a leaderboard. The superscore is all these values combined.

    Wizard score: The Superscore of your and your friends combined.

    That said, we had some very crazy super and wizard scores going on at launch because of a bug.
    I had a smile on my face when I read how "Superscore" in FX3 works. In February I made an suggestion on the XOne-FX2-Forum:

    "I asked myself, if it would be possible to add another leaderboard to Pinball FX 2?

    As there are tables, where you can score millions with a single shot and other tables where it is nearly impossible to get higher scores then 20 millions in a whole game, the Superscore-Leaderboard is not meaningful at all if you want to compare your performance on all tables with other players.

    Dont get me wrong… I like the Superscore-Leaderboard and dont want to dispose it. But would it be possible to add another leaderboard to the game that would give you the opportunity to compare the performances in a better way? I think such a leaderboard could be based on table-rankings. For example: The scoreboard-leader of a table gets 1.000 points, 2nd place 999, 3rd place 998…, Rank 1.000 gets 1 point. The Ranking-Leaderboard would just be the amount of these points.

    I would appreciate such a leaderboard, as it would be a great motivation to play low-scoring-tables more often."

    This is exactly how it works, now? Isn´t it?

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Your wish is my command, here are how these are calculated:

    Superscore: Based on your standing on each table leaderboard you get a value between 0 and 1000. This is not a given, the score changes as does your position on a leaderboard. The superscore is all these values combined.

    Wizard score: The Superscore of your and your friends combined.

    That said, we had some very crazy super and wizard scores going on at launch because of a bug.
    Which leaderboard? Classic, Single player or both?

  17. #17
    New Flipper DeadlyPurpose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Right behind you...
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    At the end of the day does any of it matter? Seriously, 20 qualdrillion vs 1 point? Who cares its just some manufactured score that means nothing and according to many most are glitched anyway.
    Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean that no one else cares. Even if they are glitched and just a manufactured score as you say, I like to know how they are calculated and what they are supposed to be a representation of.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyPurpose View Post
    Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean that no one else cares. Even if they are glitched and just a manufactured score as you say, I like to know how they are calculated and what they are supposed to be a representation of.
    I dont mean that it doesnt mean something to others. I mean, it just seems to be some arbitrary made up number and umpteen lots of them are based in some sort of fictional land and in the trillions so, my point is what is the point If my number is 20 trillion and yours is 10 quadrillion? Its just a rediculously big made up number.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •