Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: New Pinball FX Youtube Channel

  1. #1

    Default New Pinball FX Youtube Channel

    Pinball.jpg

    Hi all...apologies if this comes across like a shameless plug but thatís really not my intention. A few of you have been following my pinball build and gaming videos on my woodworking channel on youtube. I started the channel primarily for woodworking and my first major build was the pinball table you see here, and may possibly recognise. Its gained a lot of views (1/4 million) and as a result I got several requests for gaming videos. Problem was/is that my woodworking channel became half woodwork and half gaming videos which caused a bit of confusion to subscribers.

    Ive decided to split the videos into a couple of channels...woodworking and pinball. However, Iím going to be dedicating this new channel to all things Pinball FX3. Zen Studios have done a fantastic job with FX3 and the icing on the cake for me is that they still continue to support the cabinet builders...and itís such a well thought of, simple process to set up.

    When I started building my cabinet I wanted it to look and feel like a real pinball machine. I contacted Zen about a problem and they provided me with a solution that helped me create such a beautiful looking machine. Whilst they asked for nothing in return, I made a promise to purchase all the games as a way of showing my appreciation and in addition, I hope that my new channel will further show my gratitude. Im also a console fan and the games have provided myself and my son, hours of fun and entertainment...so when itís not cab play...itís console play

    Iíll be uploading gameplay and demos from console and from the cab and like my other videos...itís all in high quality. I donít narrate over the videos...itís either background music or in game sound which makes the channel suitable for all. Iíll also be uploading a couple more cab build videos and Iím currently working on a Ďminií cab too. And iím also open to suggestions for new videos. I was going to transfer some of the videos from my woodworking site but with them being FX2 I think it best to leave them there and start afresh.

    So if you get chance, itíd be great to get some feedback on the new channel. Iíll place a link below which should hopefully take you straight there. Itís a brand new channel so Iím in the process of uploading videos every day. Thereís already a few subscribed to the channel so thats nice...although for some reason it keeps displaying only 1...hopefully thatíll refresh correctly soon. Apparently itís something to do with me constantly editing the site...it took 3 days for the new logo to appear If you have a particular game youíd like to see, by all means let me know...theyíll all be going on...itís just in what order.

    Thanks for your time and look forward to seeing more great work from Zen!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-0...odE0BEVdJWiHyw

  2. #2
    Member PainkillerJTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Pinball.jpg

    Hi all...apologies if this comes across like a shameless plug but thatís really not my intention. A few of you have been following my pinball build and gaming videos on my woodworking channel on youtube. I started the channel primarily for woodworking and my first major build was the pinball table you see here, and may possibly recognise. Its gained a lot of views (1/4 million) and as a result I got several requests for gaming videos. Problem was/is that my woodworking channel became half woodwork and half gaming videos which caused a bit of confusion to subscribers.

    Ive decided to split the videos into a couple of channels...woodworking and pinball. However, Iím going to be dedicating this new channel to all things Pinball FX3. Zen Studios have done a fantastic job with FX3 and the icing on the cake for me is that they still continue to support the cabinet builders...and itís such a well thought of, simple process to set up.

    When I started building my cabinet I wanted it to look and feel like a real pinball machine. I contacted Zen about a problem and they provided me with a solution that helped me create such a beautiful looking machine. Whilst they asked for nothing in return, I made a promise to purchase all the games as a way of showing my appreciation and in addition, I hope that my new channel will further show my gratitude. Im also a console fan and the games have provided myself and my son, hours of fun and entertainment...so when itís not cab play...itís console play

    Iíll be uploading gameplay and demos from console and from the cab and like my other videos...itís all in high quality. I donít narrate over the videos...itís either background music or in game sound which makes the channel suitable for all. Iíll also be uploading a couple more cab build videos and Iím currently working on a Ďminií cab too. And iím also open to suggestions for new videos. I was going to transfer some of the videos from my woodworking site but with them being FX2 I think it best to leave them there and start afresh.

    So if you get chance, itíd be great to get some feedback on the new channel. Iíll place a link below which should hopefully take you straight there. Itís a brand new channel so Iím in the process of uploading videos every day. Thereís already a few subscribed to the channel so thats nice...although for some reason it keeps displaying only 1...hopefully thatíll refresh correctly soon. Apparently itís something to do with me constantly editing the site...it took 3 days for the new logo to appear If you have a particular game youíd like to see, by all means let me know...theyíll all be going on...itís just in what order.

    Thanks for your time and look forward to seeing more great work from Zen!

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-0...odE0BEVdJWiHyw
    This is awesome. I want one!

    For some of your gameplay videos, is there any way to see an over the shoulder view or something so we can see how it works/looks with the actual pinball cabinet in use?

  3. #3

    Default

    Beautiful cabinet!
    Nice channel.
    I subbed

  4. #4
    Queen Of Battlefield
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    11

    Default Awesome! 🙂👍

    That's freakin' aaaaaaaawesome! You did an amazing job! LOVE IT! YOU ROCK!😎👍 Do you restore pinball tables also?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I saw this the last time you were pimping it and thought it was amazing and before I could post something pulled me away from the computer. Anyway, subbed dude.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

    I was so very excited when I saw that my XP level had gone up to level 41 and then so very upset when Mc Lovin informed me that It looked like a glitch, but, hey guess what, I'm level 41 and the rest of you are only level 40 or less so suck it bitches.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PainkillerJTL View Post
    This is awesome. I want one!

    For some of your gameplay videos, is there any way to see an over the shoulder view or something so we can see how it works/looks with the actual pinball cabinet in use?
    Yeah of course...theres a few ways i can do it, but some say its cheating

    1. Simply a camera behind me when playing. Difficult to get everything in and quality isn't great.
    2. Same again, but this time i also record from the computer too...then in an editing studio I can take the recordings from the computer (shadow play) and overlay them on top of the image the camcorder picks up. Its exactly the same views etc but the images are then full quality. Ive been told this is cheating (sort of) but what you end up with is a view of the machine but with extremely high quality video...plus the audio comes from the computer too. Its much harder work but looks great.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWolf_Beta View Post
    Beautiful cabinet!
    Nice channel.
    I subbed
    Thanks...got a bit of work to do, mainly tidying cables etc, but the good thing about using it for Zen is that setup is simple and everything just runs smoothly. Having to use the keyboard with cab play is the only tricky bit at the moment, oh, as well as some of the in game tasks being tricky to perform with the controls, but I'm looking at a possible solution to that

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketQueen71 View Post
    That's freakin' aaaaaaaawesome! You did an amazing job! LOVE IT! YOU ROCK!😎👍 Do you restore pinball tables also?
    No...not yet anyway. If i had a bigger workshop it would be something to consider, but when i built this it took up most of the space i had left in the workshop!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    I saw this the last time you were pimping it and thought it was amazing and before I could post something pulled me away from the computer. Anyway, subbed dude.
    HAHA...thanks. Still gotta bit of pimping to do yet...something to help make the in game mini games a little easier to play...not sure how yet, but thinking cap is on

  10. #10
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Nice, loving it! Subbed!

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Nice, loving it! Subbed!
    Thanks McLovin...that means a lot :-)

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    That picture alone was enough to make me want to immediately sub to your channel!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    That picture alone was enough to make me want to immediately sub to your channel!
    Hahaha...

    I do like this pic though...was tricky getting the whole thing in...didnt realise how big it would be!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •