X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eakek
    • Oct 2017

Steam and Pinballfx3 pincab

HI

(I'm so sorry for my poor english but i try to do my best for explain my problem)

I've a pincab with 3 screens for my personal pleasur for game, playfield, backglass and dmd, i really want add pinballfx3 on my pincab but with steam is just shittingi explain why... i install pinballfx3 on my pincab sor far, so good i'm happy!

BUT is just impossible to run PinballFX3 WITHOUT STEAM!! because all the time i've a message of steam asking me "
    you must login to play online" all the time... impossible to launch a table with pinballx for pinballfx3 without steam too for me... steam do crash my pinballx with the f*cking message and i must I have to take out my keyboard and my mouse PC!!! for close this message all the time...

I read a lot forum i've tried a lot tutorials the same résult, steam again and again... it's just annoying and frustrating for a pincab... i'm not alone with this problem for the french player... and steam...

How to launch pinballfx3 WITHOUT Steam with pinballx... i don't want playing online with my pincab.... just me... how to resolve that?

My pincab

Thank you
  • McLovin
    Marketing Manager
    • Apr 2017

Hello there,

If that window had an option like 'don't show this message again' would that be better, so it wouldn't come up all the time?

Comment

• eakek
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by McLovin
      Hello there,

If that window had an option like 'don't show this message again' would that be better, so it wouldn't come up all the time?

The problem is steam! not the game only steam look

steam-offline-header.jpg

For playing pinballfx3 i'm forced to use Steam... with this message and i go back windows because this message crash pinballx... how to launch pinballfx3 without Steam?

Comment

• Lord Squeak
        • Jul 2017

you can config steam so that it is in offline mode

Comment

• QuietlyWrong
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Lord Squeak
          Or simply try going into Steam, then use the drop-down menu Steam >> Go Offline... and choose Restart in Offline Mode. Check to see you can now launch the game without it crashing.

Comment

• eakek
            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Lord Squeak
            already done, no success =/

Or simply try going into Steam, then use the drop-down menu Steam >> Go Offline... and choose Restart in Offline Mode. Check to see you can now launch the game without it crashing.
            already done too, but no change, at each new start of the pincab, with the automatic connection to the steam I have this message that appears even at offline start

Comment

• NeoCortex
              • Dec 2016

Internet Connection

Hello there,

I think that would be perfect steam offline is working , However Pinball FX3 says connecting and you have to choose cancel to continueInternet.JPG

Comment

• eakek
                • Oct 2017

The problem is not in game, just before launching this game with steam, i just want launch this game without steam

PS : it's possible to have a code for unlock cabinet mode? please

Comment

• rablack97
                  • Oct 2017

Hello there,

I second this, the no internet connection can't access leaderboards NAG screen is annoying. A check box "Don't Remind Me Again" would be awesome in the next release.

image1.thumb.JPG.195d74ad3142f81fce28b354800355ba.JPG

Many of us do not play networked or want a constant internet connection to the cab. You can disable the steam offline NAG screen by doing this go to:

Steam\config

loginusers.vdf

open the file using text editor.

look for your profile and change "wantsofflinemode" to 1 and "skipofflinemodewarning" to 1

make the file read only in the properties of the file so future updates won't override it.
                  Last edited by rablack97; 10-31-2017, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• rablack97
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by eakek
                    The problem is not in game, just before launching this game with steam, i just want launch this game without steam

PS : it's possible to have a code for unlock cabinet mode? please
                    you can request the code within PBFX3

Comment

• opus33321
                      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by rablack97
                      I second this, the no internet connection can't access leaderboards NAG screen is annoying. A check box "Don't Remind Me Again" would be awesome in the next release.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1001[/ATTACH]

Many of us do not play networked or want a constant internet connection to the cab. You can disable the steam offline NAG screen by doing this go to:

Steam\config

loginusers.vdf

open the file using text editor.

look for your profile and change "wantsofflinemode" to 1 and "skipofflinemodewarning" to 1

make the file read only in the properties of the file so future updates won't override it.
                      The above works perfect for preventing steam from nagging you. It works for Pro Pinball Ultra: Timeshock as well.

I also would like to be able to disable the nag screen. What good is a "cabinet mode" if the UI still requires massive use of a keyboard?

(e.g. Must enter names for high score using keyboard, no old "flipper initials method. must cancel out of leaderboard nag).

Also it would be nice to assign multiple functions for a single key. For example. If I assign Enter to my launch button on my cab, then when something like magnasave in han solo or firing lasers in video mode in starfighter assault. I have to physically remove my hand from the flipper buttons.

I should be able to assign Enter AND right ctrl to 'Launch ball'. That way, in video modes I can use my magnasave button to fire or magnasave, and use the launch button when I want to launch a ball.

Comment

• McLovin
                        Marketing Manager
                        • Apr 2017

All right, I'll try to push the don't remind me again option through.

Comment

• NeoCortex
                          • Dec 2016

Don't Remind Me again

Thanks so much

Comment

• rablack97
                            • Oct 2017

Yes please do. I echo the same passion to get this function added. The games look killer in a cabinet vs. desktop, streamlining the cab support will entice more cab builders to add PBFX3 to their aresenal.

Integration of the software is huge reason some emulators get left off.

Thanks so much for considering this upgrade.

Comment

• rablack97
                              • Oct 2017

did this ever get implemented?

Comment

Working...