Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Backup save exploit still works...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default Backup save exploit still works...

    Why does this exploit still work? It's been reported so many times but ZEN have ignored it for 5 years. Basically. You could do some progress. For example missions on the table, then quit to the main menu, table will be saved, go to the menu on PS4 where the saves show, copy it to PS plus. Then start up the game and continue the same progress on that table. Repeat the same action each time you complete a mission till you complete wizard mode. Boom, trophy pops. Or to get a huge score by backing up every 10 minutes. Why doesn't it use the same style as Original Zen pinball when loading save? If you load a save there, it will lock trophies & won't upload any scores to leaderboards.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Dont know if this really works or not but if you think about it, the whole save your progress on a table system probably shouldnt even be there.

    Makes you wonder wich highscores are legit and wich ones arent.

  3. #3
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Disabling saves would also not be good, as a lot of players can play hours on end with the same ball and this way they don't have to play uncomfortably long in one session.

    I thought we put in some safeguards against this but looks like we have to re-visit this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Disabling saves would also not be good, as a lot of players can play hours on end with the same ball and this way they don't have to play uncomfortably long in one session. L

    I thought we put in some safeguards against this but looks like we have to re-visit this.
    Here's suggestion, disable the feature on classic mode. With the power-ups in the regular mode, the save exploit is kind of a moot point.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    27

    Default

    uh, this is not good at all. This has to be fixed.

    Disabling the ability to post scores will Not work out at all. Because that will just end up with people find it out the hard way, being pissed because their 3 days game never counted. So that's not an option.

    How about a check that checks a unique ID of the saved game and a timestamp, so that it will simply refuse to load the same save file more than once. I guess one could put time limit on when it's possible to save, to prevent people from just loading and re-saving. It should at least stop cheaters from re-trying WM's until they get a good score.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Maybe Im doing it wrong, and frankly I despise cheaters and only did this to validate the vulnerability and cant get it to work as you say. I for example played a game in classic mode during which I was awarded an xtra ball so I quit then went to data management and saved my profile to online which causes the game to quit. I then restarted and was exactly where I was when I had previously quit which is the way it is supposed to work. I played further and my ball suddenly drained so I quit again thinking I merely need to overwrite my current profile with the one I had uploaded previously so I did and started again, but it did nothing and I was in the exact same location as I was previously after ball had drained and not the game prior with the xtra ball. Unless Im doing it wrong I dont see how this can be exploited as it seems to function as intended.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

    I was so very excited when I saw that my XP level had gone up to level 41 and then so very upset when Mc Lovin informed me that It looked like a glitch, but, hey guess what, I'm level 41 and the rest of you are only level 40 or less so suck it bitches.

  7. #7

    Default

    So now those not aware of the exploit, are now. Ha, I think you made it worse, we’ll done.

    Honestly, no big deal in the bigger picture, exploits in every game.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Of course he made it worse. Any public posting of an exploit makes it worse. At least until they fix it. Be glad I am checking it. I would never cheat and am only checking to see how easy it is for others. I could beat most without ever cheating on many tables, but I could never prove that now since anyone apparently can just save their profile over and over. I tried it though and it didnt work for me. Just so you know, I check everything posted whether it give you a benefit or whether it creates a glitch on a table. I should be a beta tester for this product. lol
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 11-01-2017 at 05:12 PM.
    pssssst..........over here..........*In muffled voice* The secret, random word is water. Don't tell anyone.

    I was so very excited when I saw that my XP level had gone up to level 41 and then so very upset when Mc Lovin informed me that It looked like a glitch, but, hey guess what, I'm level 41 and the rest of you are only level 40 or less so suck it bitches.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Disabling saves would also not be good, as a lot of players can play hours on end with the same ball and this way they don't have to play uncomfortably long in one session.

    I thought we put in some safeguards against this but looks like we have to re-visit this.
    Removing the save function is the simplest way to fix this exploit. People can use the rest mode on the PS4 or pause the game if they wish.


    Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Maybe Im doing it wrong, and frankly I despise cheaters and only did this to validate the vulnerability and cant get it to work as you say. I for example played a game in classic mode during which I was awarded an xtra ball so I quit then went to data management and saved my profile to online which causes the game to quit. I then restarted and was exactly where I was when I had previously quit which is the way it is supposed to work. I played further and my ball suddenly drained so I quit again thinking I merely need to overwrite my current profile with the one I had uploaded previously so I did and started again, but it did nothing and I was in the exact same location as I was previously after ball had drained and not the game prior with the xtra ball. Unless Im doing it wrong I dont see how this can be exploited as it seems to function as intended.
    You'll need to back up the table save, for example "Sorcerer's lair" And not "Pinball fx3" save.


    Quote Originally Posted by djb5f View Post
    So now those not aware of the exploit, are now. Ha, I think you made it worse, we’ll done.

    Honestly, no big deal in the bigger picture, exploits in every game.
    The exploit is known, and has been for years. Several people uses it for trophies, scores and i've heard someone used it for ZEN's tournaments back on ZP2 . I've reported it to zen several times over the years, last time was a year ago. but it was simply ignored and nothing was ever done about it. It's exact same save concept as older games. I was annoyed that it still works on FX3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •