Marvel Pinball Epic Collection Vol.1 on Xbox One - Major Flipper Lag!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VladTheChilli
    • Oct 2017

Marvel Pinball Epic Collection Vol.1 on Xbox One - Major Flipper Lag!

Hi all!

I have been searching the numerous forums and usergroups to find a solution to my problem but I can't seem to get an answer.

My setup is: Xbox One (all system updates and patches installed up to 30th October 2017), Samsung 55" Smart TV, Denon AV Amp, wired Xbox One Controller

I have my Xbox connected directly to the TV via HDMI2 (renamed as Game) then I have the audio via optical cable coming out of the TV and into my Denon AV amp.

The issue I have is that any game I play in the collection has an irritating and visible lag between hitting the L/R shoulder or trigger buttons and the flipper actually moving. This is an almost impossible way to play these pinball games as reaction times need to be quick but the flippers are annoyingly slow.

I have updated the firmware on the controller and all patches necessary on the Xbox One and I have been playing around with my TV settings but still can't seem to remove the annoying flipper lag.

If there are any other pointers you can direct me too I would be most appreciative.

Thank you in anticipation
  • ShoryukenToTheChin
    Writer of Guides
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by VladTheChilli
    Snip.
    Have you tried putting the TV into "Game Mode"? also is this lag you experience only present in this game alone?
    sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• VladTheChilli
      • Oct 2017

Yup, tried that!

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
      Have you tried putting the TV into "Game Mode"? also is this lag you experience only present in this game alone?
      HI! Thanks for the reply...
      Yeah, we've put the TV in Game mode (and played around with a hundred other settings that may affect the performance) and configured the triggers to have a much lighter trigger activation so you only have to breathe on the triggers and they activate. Yes, it seems that this is the only game to have this lagg (although playing Halo and Fifa 18 it's very difficult to see if there's any lag between buttons and kicking/firing).

Unfortunately I dont have another pinball game to see if it performs in the same way... (not sure I want to spend the cash on the game if it's going to perform the same way).

Thanks again for the reply!

S.

Comment

• VladTheChilli
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
        HI again... Looks like it may have been a combination of 'Game' mode and running the Xbox thru my Denon AV Amp FIRST then into the TV. When plugged directly into the HDMI2 slot, that seems to have done the trick!

Comment

• steven120566
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by VladTheChilli
          HI again... Looks like it may have been a combination of 'Game' mode and running the Xbox thru my Denon AV Amp FIRST then into the TV. When plugged directly into the HDMI2 slot, that seems to have done the trick!
          Over the years, as much as I love my A/V receivers and amplifiers, well, over the years I have learned that game consoles work best when there is nothing between them and the TV With my Wii U, I havd a similar concern when running through a AV receiver. Worked perfectly when hooked to the TV directly.

Comment

• SuekSeath
            Banned
            • Jul 2018

Marvel Pinball Epic Collection Vol 1 on Xbox One Major Flipper Lag

So I tried searching and didnt see anything on this topic I bet I missed it

So my one touch up/down is ONLY working on my driver side window. The other 3 windows go down on one touch BUT NOT UP...

Any ideas?

By the way, I wanted to buy used 2009 Infiniti M35 and i'm pleased that I got vin check report before buying. I used Vinchain http://vinchain.io/ vehicle history check service and with their help I distinguished that vehicle mentioned previously is with partial/incomplete repair damage. Hope my advice helped you and in my opinion they are better than other car history report websites

Comment

• zaphod77
              Pinball Wizard
              • Mar 2012

another thing that can cause lag in SOME games is if surround sound is enabled in hdmi settings on the console. some tvs assume that if they get a dolby digital stream or dts that it's a movie, and immediately post process it because they think they know more than you do, or simply have a laggy surround decoder, and will lag the video to match. if this is the case, then you have to mess with hdmi audio setup, and disable the problematic audio.

and die, spammer.
              Last edited by zaphod77; 10-03-2018, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Working...