Thread: Won't start in windows 10 all of the sudden

Default Won't start in windows 10 all of the sudden

I was able to play FX3 on windows 10 for a few weeks, at least 2 weeks since the last update. Even though the game would crash to desktop with the infamous level 10 bug, I was still able to play classic mode on all of the tables. Suddenly, over the past two days, I can't even launch the game. It shows the Pinball FX3 logo for a few seconds then just closes. I have not done anything new to my computer to cause this. My drivers are up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by mjvbosox View Post
    Suddenly, over the past two days, I can't even launch the game. It shows the Pinball FX3 logo for a few seconds then just closes. I have not done anything new to my computer to cause this. My drivers are up to date.
    PinballFX3 is not the only game to suffer from this issue. Here is a Forza Motorsport 7 forum thread about similar issue: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...-launch.aspx?=

Check the Forza thread, what to look for from the Windows event log. I bet that you'll find similar entries from your event log, when the PinballFX won't start.

My guess is that this is a Microsoft Store issue and hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Edit: Here is an example from my computer:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: ZenStudios.24185CFAC4A6_1.0.6.2_x86__sqz2yzgfp6bz4 !App as Ei käytettävissä/Ei käytettävissä. The error:
    "317"
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ZenStudios.24185CFAC4A6_1.0.6.2_ x86__sqz2yzgfp6bz4\PinballFX3_W10.exe" -ServerName:App.AppXpavz38ygsdwn850ap6b0ttaw4k2qnqf 5.mca
    Last edited by hedari; 11-12-2017 at 06:58 PM.

From what I've been able to garner of the Forza forums (thanks hedari for the link!) you could try a reinstall to see if that fixes it. In there they reinstalled the DLC-s only, but with us, you can only delete the game in its entirity.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    From what I've been able to garner of the Forza forums (thanks hedari for the link!) you could try a reinstall to see if that fixes it. In there they reinstalled the DLC-s only, but with us, you can only delete the game in its entirity.
    Yes, from everything I've read it seems to be a Microsoft Store issue, although I run a few other apps/games from the store but FX3 is the only one that is having this issue.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the game fixes the problem for a while, but each time I have to redownload all of the tables, which takes a good 20 minutes or so. Then after a couple days it will crash on launch and I have to go through the whole process all over again. As you said, hopefully this will be corrected through the Store.

I came across a solution from Microsoft that worked for me: Clearing the Windows Store cache...

Press WINDOWS KEY + R to open the Run window.

Type wsreset.exe and hit enter.

A blank command window will open with a blinking cursor while it clears the cache, after about 10 seconds it will close and automatically open the Store. Close the store and run FX3. It should work again without having to uninstall/reinstall.