Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Excalibur BUG!!!

  1. #1
    Member PinballVirtual-Victor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palamós - Girona - Spain
    Posts
    48

    Default Excalibur BUG!!!

    Again a BUG that does not make you lose the ball, makes you lose the game and score.

    At least it was not yet in a great score, but if it caught me with 600 or 700M I would also lose them.

    I thought that Pinball FX3 would be free of busgs, at least for the old tables, but in Tesla I saw failures that did not happen in FX2 and now in Excalibur the ball has remained in the cauldron and I can not do TILT.

    IMG_20171123_192036.jpg

  2. #2
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    505

    Default Bug Prevention System

    Zen, sorry but shouldn't there be by now an intelligent Bug Prevention System that automatically reinitialized ball launch when total absence of ball activity had been detected for 30 seconds ? We've been talking about that ever since PFX2 got released and brilliantly hi-scoring games were wasted (such as in Rome with the Wheel or Scales bugs... or many other tables...) ?

    I completely agree that we would rightfully expect this to have been implemented in PFX3 by now, 7 years after PFX2 was released...


    Quote Originally Posted by PinballVirtual-Victor View Post
    Again a BUG that does not make you lose the ball, makes you lose the game and score.

    At least it was not yet in a great score, but if it caught me with 600 or 700M I would also lose them.

    I thought that Pinball FX3 would be free of bugs, at least for the old tables, but in Tesla I saw failures that did not happen in FX2 and now in Excalibur the ball has remained in the cauldron and I can not do TILT.
    Last edited by Vincent; 11-23-2017 at 10:53 PM.

  3. #3
    Community Manager McLovin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Zen, sorry but shouldn't there be by now an intelligent Bug Prevention System that automatically reinitialized ball launch when total absence of ball activity had been detected for 30 seconds ? We've been talking about that ever since PFX2 got released and brilliantly hi-scoring games were wasted (such as in Rome with the Wheel or Scales bugs... or many other tables...) ?

    I completely agree that we would rightfully expect this to have been implemented in PFX3 by now, 7 years after PFX2 was released...
    Hey there Vincent!

    You have pretty much hit the bullseye on this one, actually there is a 'ball-search' function in the game, that will put back the ball in the plunger in exactly 30 seconds of the ball not moving! Nice.

    This system is not entirely bulletproof though, since if the ball moves a bit (it can get stuck while slowly rotating or something) it will have some troubles getting it out.

    Thanks Victor for posting the bug though, now we know about it and can look at it.

    One question: do you play with locked 60 fps or unlocked?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Hey there Vincent!

    This system is not entirely bulletproof though, since if the ball moves a bit (it can get stuck while slowly rotating or something) it will have some troubles getting it out.

    Yes that's what I meant by "intelligent" even if this first protection system fails, after a while a second layer could take over by detecting quasi immobility...

  5. #5
    Member PinballVirtual-Victor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Palamós - Girona - Spain
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I do not have anything blocked that I know of.

    I have it as I have always had for FX2, FX3, Visual, etc, I have not touched anything.

    I had bugs in FX2 in Tesla (and an electricity blackout with 600M), Pasha (several times), Paranormal (several times), and some more, all of them reported to Zen even with videos.

    Seeing that we remain the same in FX3 it hurts a lot and that you can lose a great score for a failure of the game I still do not understand it.

    In the same way that the achievements are saved when they are achieved, the scores must be saved every so often, every end of the ball or whatever.

    You can not lose 10, 15, 20 hours of game time due to a game failure, much less the score obtained.

    By the way, I finished a new game of Excalibur this morning without problems.

    20171125125535_1.jpg

    No tengo nada bloqueado que yo sepa.

    Lo tengo como lo he tenido siempre para FX2, FX3, Visual, etc, yo no he tocado nada.

    Tuve bugs en FX2 en Tesla (y un apagón de electricidad con 600M), Pasha (varias veces), Paranormal (varias veces), y alguno más, todos ellos reportados a Zen incluso con vídeos.

    Ver que seguimos igual en FX3 me duele mucho y que se pueda perder una gran puntuación por un fallo del juego sigo sin entenderlo.

    Del mismo modo que los logros quedan guardados al conseguirlos, las puntuaciones deben quedar guardadas cada cierto tiempo, cada fin de bola o lo que sea.

    No se pueden perder 10, 15, 20 horas de partida por un fallo en el juego y mucho menos la puntuación obtenida.

    Por cierto, terminé una nueva partida de Excalibur esta mañana sin problemas.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinballVirtual-Victor View Post
    In the same way that the achievements are saved when they are achieved, the scores must be saved every so often, every end of the ball or whatever.
    YES this is exactly what I think, scoring should be in real-time recording. Zen's problem about that, I reckon, is they have to prevent cheating : unpluging the machine just to cancel a bad game sequence is not an option, so something must "tell" the program that the previous game was interrupted in a regular way. I'm sure a solution can be found, though.


    Quote Originally Posted by PinballVirtual-Victor View Post
    You can not lose 10, 15, 20 hours of game time due to a game failure, much less the score obtained.
    This is just obviousness and common sense, you are perfectly right, this is unacceptable, and it has been like that for 10 years now (ever since Buccaneer) ! Nothing has really been done to eradicate this major problem, I'm really sorry Zen but to my mind settling this matter was a billion times more urgent than allowing people to play live tournaments or use "magic powers" : being able to play a game without it getting abruptly wasted is just the basics !! should always have been top priority, over many nice but by comparison rather anecdotal features you implemented.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •