Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Post all bugs here

Quote Originally Posted by wims_Beta View Post
    From what I understood (on the other thread with XB problem), on the real Williams pinball machines of Medieval Madness the max number stacked XB is 4, and you can win 5 XB per ball (so not unlimited).
    The factory ROM setting for Medieval Madness is four stackable extraballs and unlimited balls for the game.
    That's by the way the default for most Williams tables ever produced.

Default Bug Brightness Nintendo Switch - reverse on two tables.

Bug Nintendo Switch : Brightness is off with two table, Medieval Madness and The Gateway. Found the issue : Value of the ‘gamma correction’ in video option is reverse for these two tables. Adjusting the slider to the right make these table darker rather than brighter, so because my gamma correction is around 1/4 low , these table brightness are like 3/4 high.
    Last edited by HighFive; 02-10-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Default Response to I Second That Motion 1-13-19

Looks like a second reply has disappeared somewhere awaiting moderator approval 🤔

My issues have been almost identical on PS4. No one responds in a worthwhile manner. Iím not aware of the Civil War bugs, but will add it to Sorcererís Lair, El Dorado, and Avengers as tables unworthy of play. Theyíve been this way for months now. Also, how long are the flippers going to be stuck straight up after using the rewind feature?! This is a major flaw, and has existed for as long as I can remember.
    If Zen is still putting out new products, itís simply bad business to leave bugs unaddressed. Further, these flawed products are available to PURCHASE. Perhaps itís necessary to let Sony and others know these products donít work, and shouldnít be for sale. I paid, now regret it, and have no inclination to buy the new stuff until there is more effective communication with Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by Currenseeder1 View Post
    Looks like a second reply has disappeared somewhere awaiting moderator approval 🤔

My issues have been almost identical on PS4. No one responds in a worthwhile manner. Iím not aware of the Civil War bugs, but will add it to Sorcererís Lair, El Dorado, and Avengers as tables unworthy of play. Theyíve been this way for months now. Also, how long are the flippers going to be stuck straight up after using the rewind feature?! This is a major flaw, and has existed for as long as I can remember.
    If Zen is still putting out new products, itís simply bad business to leave bugs unaddressed. Further, these flawed products are available to PURCHASE. Perhaps itís necessary to let Sony and others know these products donít work, and shouldnít be for sale. I paid, now regret it, and have no inclination to buy the new stuff until there is more effective communication with Zen.
    Sony is not the better business bureau and if they were if they took action upon every single game that had issues they would have to take action against every single game. lol Sadly, we are mostly at the mercy of the creators or publishers as to what, if anything they decide to fix. I find glitches. I report glitches. Sometimes they respond, other times, most times, they don't. They have fixed a few issues that I am aware of, but most significant ones have been untouched. It can be frustrating, but mostly 95% of the tables are playable without issue unless you directly go out of your way to glitch them which is possible if you read this thread then seek them out, but mostly your games work as promised. Dont regret it. It's still fun.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Default Thanks for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Sony is not the better business bureau and if they were if they took action upon every single game that had issues they would have to take action against every single game. lol Sadly, we are mostly at the mercy of the creators or publishers as to what, if anything they decide to fix. I find glitches. I report glitches. Sometimes they respond, other times, most times, they don't. They have fixed a few issues that I am aware of, but most significant ones have been untouched. It can be frustrating, but mostly 95% of the tables are playable without issue unless you directly go out of your way to glitch them which is possible if you read this thread then seek them out, but mostly your games work as promised. Dont regret it. It's still fun.
    I can dig it. Sony has been marginally better when it comes to addressing problems, at best. This is the only internet based game I currently, and have ever played. All others have been discs packaged the old fashioned way. I’ve been encountering bugs/glitches since childhood that were always able to be worked around; what chafes about Zen is not that they exist, but that they exist long term with no resolution, or even a satisfactory response to inquiry. Sadly, it is in fact pushing me away from further investment. Anyway, thanks for the insight. It has helped.

By the way, a very fond memory was stirred reading your accomplishments regarding Punch Out. I was extremely tense and focused after beating Tyson, getting one shot to beat the game again without defeat at a slightly faster pace. That was one of my favorite achievements as a gamer! Ghosts and Goblins was set up the same. I just couldn’t get through the tower past those large red demons flying erratically the second time around. Ahhh.... memories.
    Last edited by Currenseeder1; 02-10-2019 at 10:18 PM.

punchout.jpg

As I recall the home version of punch out with Mike Tyson had an ending? Cant remember, but the arcade version which did not include Mike Tyson would roll over after fight 99 and start at fight 1 and I think I got up to about fight 300+ and only lost because I had to use the bathroom. lol

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Default Punch Out

punchout.jpg

As I recall the home version of punch out with Mike Tyson had an ending? Cant remember, but the arcade version which did not include Mike Tyson would roll over after fight 99 and start at fight 1 and I think I got up to about fight 300+ and only lost because I had to use the bathroom. lol
    That’s pretty impressive, indeed. I remember that being the loudest game at the arcade - Body Blow! Body Blow! Hahaha! The only game I ever beat at the arcade was Sunset Riders with 3 other guys. Raiden was always fun, too. Yes, Mike Tyson’s Punch Out ended w/ him and his tricky delayed uppercut. You got one chance to beat everyone in succession after beating him, and they were considerably faster. So intense and satisfying to pull that off. I left Adventure Island on pause for 3-4 days stuck on area 8-2. That was SO close to the end, and I hated cutting it off, but I was afraid the Nintendo might catch fire or something. Redemption was beating Adventure Island 2. LOL Those were the days.
    Last edited by Currenseeder1; 02-11-2019 at 04:46 AM.

Thatís pretty impressive, indeed. I remember that being the loudest game at the arcade - Body Blow! Body Blow! Hahaha! The only game I ever beat at the arcade was Sunset Riders with 3 other guys. Raiden was always fun, too. Yes, Mike Tysonís Punch Out ended w/ him and his tricky delayed uppercut. You got one chance to beat everyone in succession after beating him, and they were considerably faster. So intense and satisfying to pull that off. I left Adventure Island on pause for 3-4 days stuck on area 8-2. That was SO close to the end, and I hated cutting it off, but I was afraid the Nintendo might catch fire or something. Redemption was beating Adventure Island 2. LOL Those were the days.
    I actually owned a few vid cabinets.............and they were also very loud. Owned a sit down star wars machine which I could easily roll on the one shield competition setting. Had speakers mounted inside so I could jam to pink floyd and a dragons lair machine and one you probably never heard of called thayer's quest. I wasn't really into pinball back then. I currently just have the ps4 and the nintendo switch for games anymore, but I would love a perfect reconditioned donkey kong and for me the pin of all pins would be bally's space invaders pinball. As far as home systems I used to do some silly crap. On ff7 on ps1 i found a location where a high powered monster would attack repeatedly and I had a healer in my party set to always heal so I just left my controller which had turbo buttons set and just left my system on all day while I went to work and came home and all my powers were maxed. Did the same thing with zelda part two the side scrolling one. Can't remember what it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Oberdieck View Post
    The factory ROM setting for Medieval Madness is four stackable extraballs and unlimited balls for the game.
    That's by the way the default for most Williams tables ever produced.
    At least on Steam all Williams tables stack 5 EBs per ball. Maximum balls per game 3+15 EB. The only exception is Medieval Madness with unlimited EBs per game. Yet it's only possible to stack 5 EBs during every ball in play.
    Sorry Tarek, it's a misunderstood. You said that unlimited XB is the default setting on Williams tables, and on the other topic you wrote the default is 5 EBs per ball except on Medieval Madness. I understand you are talking about real Williams machines, then Williams Pinball by Zen Studios.

Anyway, deep apparently thought he had set the max number of extraball at 5 per game :

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Interesting what you wrote. There are two extra ball related setting in the operators menu of each ROM. Maximum number of extra balls per game and per ball in play. We set both settings to 5. I have no idea how can these settings could result more extra balls. Maybe the ROMs are glitched?
    In fact it might be 3 different things about that XB problem :
    - On real Williams pinball machines : max 4 stacked, and unlimited.
    - On Zen Williams pinball : max 5 stacked, and max 5 per ball (except Medieval Madness unlimited).
    - Zen thoughts : max 5 stacked, max 5 per ball (no exception).
    Last edited by wims_Beta; 02-13-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Default Camera bug on Jaws

I'm playing Jaws on Steam using camera view 2. When Raging Sea starts it changes the camera angle but does not switch it back to 2 after completion.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyflipperfingers View Post
    I'm playing Jaws on Steam using camera view 2. When Raging Sea starts it changes the camera angle but does not switch it back to 2 after completion.
    The game has gotten worse about remembering what camera view was chosen lately. It used to remember from session to session, but that seems to not be working more often than not lately. I routinely have to reset the camera at the start of a game, and sometimes it doesn't remember game to game, never mind session to session.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadier View Post
    The game has gotten worse about remembering what camera view was chosen lately. It used to remember from session to session, but that seems to not be working more often than not lately. I routinely have to reset the camera at the start of a game, and sometimes it doesn't remember game to game, never mind session to session.
    This only happens to me on Williams tables during online tournament play.

Default Ditto on jaws

Quote Originally Posted by crazyflipperfingers View Post
    Same thing happens to me when I play JAWS. I have XBOX ONE. Also, I own all of the pinball games and this is the only game where view 3 is inconsistent with all of the other view 3 on all tables.

Yes, it is annoying that after Raging Sea that the view does not go back to your default view of choice.

Default Resolution problem

Hello!
    I could only play pinball fx3 in resolution 1920x1080.
    If i change the resolution the hole game freeze.
    I Think the problem started,when i update windows 10 to version 1809.
    Help please.

Default Plastics/Illumination bug AFM

There's a illumination-bug in Williams' Attack from Mars:

When MARTIAN ATTACK starts the left plastic (on the left side behind 'M' 'A' 'R' targets) is dark... but the light-bulb underneath this plastic is turned on... so it should shine through! The right plastic is okay ;-)

Ho no, with the Volume 3, you still havent fix the bug with the freeze at the end of the rewind ?! Seriously I cant believe it !

Ok see you when it will be.

Default Champions Pub Jump Rope issue

Champions Pub Jump Rope issue:
    -Steam cabinet
    -New, tricked out rebuild version
    -Table view #8
    -The ball never makes it up to the Jump Rope section.
    It appears the "magnet" is on the "edge", not in the "middle" where the ball is supposed to be, thus never allowing the ball to get up to the jump rope platform. Ball just sticks on the side, pops off, then repeats the process. Have to tilt the game to release it from the glitch
    Last edited by ImagineVP; 03-20-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineVP View Post
    Champions Pub Jump Rope issue:
    -New, tricked out version
    -Table view #8
    -The ball never makes it up to the Jump Rope section.
    It appears the "magnet" is on the "edge", not in the "middle" where the ball is supposed to be, thus never allowing the ball to get up to the jump rope platform. Ball just sticks on the side, pops off, then repeats the process. Have to tilt the game to release it from the glitch
    I haven't ran into that one on the PS4 version. It's either platform specific or table view specific.

FWIW, I use table view #1.

Champion Pub:

Fight 1 started, the ball disappeared...somewhere near the boxer I think. Nowhere to be seen...I had to tilt the table...but the ball didn't reappear...had to quit the table.

Share a new list with already famous bugs, that's not necessary.

@Zen, Wake up guys !
    The pinball, you opened it, we came !

https://forum.zenstudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1180613&dateline=1523  966486

Quote Originally Posted by wims_Beta View Post
    Ho no, with the Volume 3, you still havent fix the bug with the freeze at the end of the rewind ?! Seriously I cant believe it !

Ok see you when it will be.
    You'll be gone some time then my friend. Didn't you know Zen don't fix bugs anymore? They're too busy pumping out glitchy, untested tables & raking in the cash!

There is a new bug that effects every new williams table in volume 3 where if you simply start the game and pause to view your table guide before starting when you resume the game or even start a new one no ball is ejected to the playfield.

There is a new bug that effects every new williams table in volume 3 where if you simply start the game and pause to view your table guide before starting when you resume the game or even start a new one no ball is ejected to the playfield.
    This is f'd up. I had to restart my game and because that mode has a save even if you do not select it the game will not give you a ball. I will have to go in now and reload a previous profile. Hope it works, but here is the thing. You guys never ever fix shit lately so Im going to go into my community and have them all do it. Let's see the outcry after. Be back shortly.

Lights also don't blink, the table is bricked and can not be reset, no matter game or table restarts. I think it's about time we get an operator menu?

https://streamable.com/5tauf
    Last edited by pbo; 03-21-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Default Well Over A Month With No Fixes

After over a month, El Dorado is still malfunctioning. Iím afraid to check Sorcererís Lair and The Avengers. Since last checking in, I see Zen has released a few new Williams tables. It would be a lie to state Iím not interested, but foolish to invest! As soon as they acquire a little age, thereís a real possibility theyíll be unplayable. No thanks.

After over a month, El Dorado is still malfunctioning. Iím afraid to check Sorcererís Lair and The Avengers. Since last checking in, I see Zen has released a few new Williams tables. It would be a lie to state Iím not interested, but foolish to invest! As soon as they acquire a little age, thereís a real possibility theyíll be unplayable. No thanks.
    I bought em and yep they be buggy too.

Default bugs on 2k resolutions, and tournaments mode

hey guys, i have multiple bugs on tournament mode

- the game crash 3 times for 5
    - i have sometimes a latency on my flips

I try to play on 2k resolutions (i ve reinstalled my game)
    - Impossible to play in 2k without crash and sometimes the zoom are too big, i need to restart my game to play.

On the table black rose :

- i cannot play without scores on the screens, i have to press y 2 times every games i played for display the score on the screen

Best regards

Default Flippers sometime not registering action

The flippers sometime are not registering action lately, playing on IOS atm, but saw people claiming it also happen on consoles, with tables from pack 3. Didnt test if others tables from older packs are affected too, this issue seem to have appear with pack no.3.

Hi Cantankerous!

Thanks for the feedback, it is very useful for us.

Good news, we found the bug! We have already fixed it but until we can make the new patch we have a workaround solution for those who suffer from this issue and cannot play their tables.

To fix it you have to load the table, restart it and quit the Main Menu while the intro camera is still running (so do not start the table). This should fix the game for now.

We are already working on a patch addressing this issue and some others as well (like the rewind one) and hopefully we can release it to you very soon.

Thank you for your patience and we are sorry for the inconvenience!

Zen Team

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Hi Cantankerous!

Good news, we found the bug! We have already fixed it but until we can make the new patch we have a workaround solution for those who suffer from this issue and cannot play their tables.

To fix it you have to load the table, restart it and quit the Main Menu while the intro camera is still running (so do not start the table). This should fix the game for now.

We are already working on a patch addressing this issue and some others as well (like the rewind one) and hopefully we can release it to you very soon.

Zen Team
    Thanks Chili. Please don't forget the other williams table bugs. Black rose classic mode, activate the williams cgi onscreen characters just as final ball is draining and double your score. Rewind. Don't use it, but it seems high on the list of buggy stuff and camera resetting in williams tables tournament mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Hi Cantankerous!

Zen Team
    That's a big relief, thanks.

Default Bugs and Stuff

I bought em and yep they be buggy too.
    First, your last comment reminiscing over the good ol’ days was enjoyable. It’s fun to learn of another addict’s extreme gaming measures. Even as the eyes change from such abuse, I’ll likely stop solely due to blindness!

Congratulations on getting some feedback regarding the new content. I went back and checked the other aforementioned tables. They are indeed still malfunctioning. It’s unfortunate no one from Zen will even respond when it comes to the older tables. I still have never played The Avengers with it working correctly.

Sony explained they will apply pressure on Zen to fix chronically unplayable content if enough players contact them. I gave them a few specifics, and obtained a reference number for follow up. I shall contact them periodically to do just that, and encourage you, and anyone else dealing with long term issues and zero communication with Zen to do the same.

First, your last comment reminiscing over the good olí days was enjoyable. Itís fun to learn of another addictís extreme gaming measures. Even as the eyes change from such abuse, Iíll likely stop solely due to blindness!

Congratulations on getting some feedback regarding the new content. I went back and checked the other aforementioned tables. They are indeed still malfunctioning. Itís unfortunate no one from Zen will even respond when it comes to the older tables. I still have never played The Avengers with it working correctly.

Sony explained they will apply pressure on Zen to fix chronically unplayable content if enough players contact them. I gave them a few specifics, and obtained a reference number for follow up. I shall contact them periodically to do just that, and encourage you, and anyone else dealing with long term issues and zero communication with Zen to do the same.
    Good luck with Sony following through with their promises. They are notorious at providing lip service.

The good old days. Ya, I'm an old guy for sure. Went into the Marines just out of high school in 82 just when the popular arcade games were asteroids, space invaders and frogger. So, watched as the industry grew and then crashed and then home systems became all the rage. I've personally owned every Nintendo console including the switch which my kids (two) each have one, but I have had systems many have never even heard of that all mostly bombed. lol I wont list them here, but my addiction, if you will, has been one of enjoyment for me and at least to some degree frustrating for the women in my life. I'm nearly 55 and still got game as long as that game is arcadish in nature, golf or racing. I suck at fps's. I've finished in the top 10 of Zen tournaments a handful of times and won twice. I've had #1 high scores bunches of times and currently have about 6? Not sure from one day to the next. lol Still get a rise when I get a #1 so I keep at it. I think once I am no longer good it won't be as much fun. It's just so much different now as compared to the 80's and 90's where if you posted the high on a vid cabinet it might be there for months. Now, as soon as a table or other game is released within hours techniques and strategies glitches and exploits are all on youtube for everyone to see and benefit from so competively speaking its much harder to get and maintain those #1's, but also too now, when you do everyone in the world can see your name, so in that respect its pretty awesome. Win a zen tournament and your almost guaranteed to have all the other good players following you or wanting to be your friend unless your like me and already have all the greatest players as friends. lol well, unless they are on PC, but even we know of each others names by rep.

This is f'd up. I had to restart my game and because that mode has a save even if you do not select it the game will not give you a ball. I will have to go in now and reload a previous profile. Hope it works, but here is the thing. You guys never ever fix shit lately so Im going to go into my community and have them all do it. Let's see the outcry after. Be back shortly.
    You definitely picked an apropos nickname. I donít think Iíve seen a comment of yours that didnít include a complaint of some kind. I bet youíre fun at parties, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Llabnip View Post
    You definitely picked an apropos nickname. I donít think Iíve seen a comment of yours that didnít include a complaint of some kind. I bet youíre fun at parties, lol.
    This isn't reality dude. In reality you goto walmart and buy a toaster and if you get home and the toaster don't work you take it back and exchange it and all is right in the world. In video game land you buy something that is typically overhyped using graphics displayed on high res, super graphically powerful computers and not even the systems they are supposedly produced for even though often you are lied to and lead to believe otherwise, you then get the game and the graphics are lower than expected with necessary first day patches and subsequent patches for the next 6 months that rarely ever live up to what you saw during it's presentation at E3 and you are entirely at the mercy of the devs and producers and whoever owns the system to prioritize things they feel should be fixed based on cost analysis vs how many the fix will appeal to. Trust me when I tell you, that without those willing to look like turds and constanly prodding the devs into fixing things they would have little motivation to do so. It actually costs them money to fix things then it costs additional money to submit patches to Sony. I don't expect you to thank me or even agree with my motivation to keep at the prodding, but it is a necessary evil. Nothing that has ever occured that resulted in the betterment of a product did so without those willing to speak up, and if you were to go back a few years ago when I was here under a different name (hoosier_daddy) you would see that I started out being kind and patient and now years later I'm still beating the drum and my patience has warn thin, but I still try and remain respectful. Regarding your assessment that I'm a debi downer at parties. Everyone loves me, you know, cause if they don't they know they'll here about it. :P

Default Issue when i want to put in full screen the game

Hello Guys

when i want to put the game in full screen on my second screen in 1050*1680 … i've got an issue
    Capture2.JPG

before january it was possible but not now…
    i do alt + enter but no way, impossible to have game in full screen.

on my first screen, no issue why !!!!
    this is my version of W10Capture.JPG
    Last edited by yannick91400; 03-23-2019 at 10:49 PM.

This isn't reality dude. In reality you goto walmart and buy a toaster and if you get home and the toaster don't work you take it back and exchange it and all is right in the world. In video game land you buy something that is typically overhyped using graphics displayed on high res, super graphically powerful computers and not even the systems they are supposedly produced for even though often you are lied to and lead to believe otherwise, you then get the game and the graphics are lower than expected with necessary first day patches and subsequent patches for the next 6 months that rarely ever live up to what you saw during it's presentation at E3 and you are entirely at the mercy of the devs and producers and whoever owns the system to prioritize things they feel should be fixed based on cost analysis vs how many the fix will appeal to. Trust me when I tell you, that without those willing to look like turds and constanly prodding the devs into fixing things they would have little motivation to do so. It actually costs them money to fix things then it costs additional money to submit patches to Sony. I don't expect you to thank me or even agree with my motivation to keep at the prodding, but it is a necessary evil. Nothing that has ever occured that resulted in the betterment of a product did so without those willing to speak up, and if you were to go back a few years ago when I was here under a different name (hoosier_daddy) you would see that I started out being kind and patient and now years later I'm still beating the drum and my patience has warn thin, but I still try and remain respectful. Regarding your assessment that I'm a debi downer at parties. Everyone loves me, you know, cause if they don't they know they'll here about it. :P
    The thing is, it always sounds like youíre treating Zen as theyíve done all those things you mentioned, when in my experience, Zen is better than any other gaming developer Iíve ever interacted with when it comes to listening to the community, fixing problems, giving feedback, etc. Iím also pretty sure theyíre aware of all the problems people have posted and are either in the process of fixing them or theyíre scheduled to be fixed after whatever theyíre hands are filled with now. Iím absolutely sure they care about their games and their customers and are probably more upset than you are when a bug appears in something they made. So when I read someone ranting on about how the people at Zen donít care and that theyíre going to go get their group of virtual friends to spam Zen about something it always come across to me like some toddler throwing a temper tantrum, ie a huge annoyance that does no good, helps no one, and just serves to upset people who are already trying their best.
    BTW, youíre right. I was trying to make a joke but I should have just left that party comment out. I apologize for that.

First, your last comment reminiscing over the good olí days was enjoyable. Itís fun to learn of another addictís extreme gaming measures. Even as the eyes change from such abuse, Iíll likely stop solely due to blindness!

Congratulations on getting some feedback regarding the new content. I went back and checked the other aforementioned tables. They are indeed still malfunctioning. Itís unfortunate no one from Zen will even respond when it comes to the older tables. I still have never played The Avengers with it working correctly.

Iím sure that the guys at Zen are doing their best to solve any issues. I really donít see how Sony applying pressure to Zen would do anything that wouldnít actually make things worse for not only Zen but also those of us who love their game.

The thing is, it always sounds like you’re treating Zen as they’ve done all those things you mentioned, when in my experience, Zen is better than any other gaming developer I’ve ever interacted with when it comes to listening to the community, fixing problems, giving feedback, etc. I’m also pretty sure they’re aware of all the problems people have posted and are either in the process of fixing them or they’re scheduled to be fixed after whatever they’re hands are filled with now. I’m absolutely sure they care about their games and their customers and are probably more upset than you are when a bug appears in something they made. So when I read someone ranting on about how the people at Zen don’t care and that they’re going to go get their group of virtual friends to spam Zen about something it always come across to me like some toddler throwing a temper tantrum, ie a huge annoyance that does no good, helps no one, and just serves to upset people who are already trying their best.
    BTW, you’re right. I was trying to make a joke but I should have just left that party comment out. I apologize for that.
    Okay, I listened, but now you have no idea what the f your talking about. Some of these issues like cheats have been on the boards over a year now and they say the scores are clearly bogus but after a thourough investigation by their crack team who know the software that they can not see any wrong doing so will not remove them. The scores are clearly fake and the same exact people continue to post fake scores yet because Zens crack team is unable to see wrongdoing they will not even be bother to remove the bogus scores.

I feel like I just returned that toaster from my previous analogy to walmart and after explaining 10 times that I'm bringing it back because it doesnt work to customer service they went and got you the regional manager to talk calmly to me and explain that I'm being irrational then after I'm calm have me explain it a 11th time instead of just fixing the problem to begin with.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 03-25-2019 at 07:24 PM.

It shouldn't be this frustrating to use my Zen Toaster (tm).

I should be playing the game instead of coming here to complain about it. The one thing that baffles me most:

WHY IS THE 2ND SURVIVAL SCORE TARGET FOR FISH TALES TOURNAMENTS 70 MILLION POINTS???

Someone screwed up. It's not fun. It didn't use to be this way. Flaw described in great detail earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by Dopey; 03-27-2019 at 05:19 AM. Reason: typo

Default Safecracker Vault Letters

the vault letters always reset after a game,in the original machine they carry over ,makes getting token multiball a frustrating exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    It shouldn't be this frustrating to use my Zen Toaster (tm).

I should be playing the game instead of coming here to complain about it. The one thing that baffles me most:

WHY IS THE 2ND SURVIVAL SCORE TARGET FOR FISH TALES TOURNAMENTS 70 MILLION POINTS???

Someone screwed up. It's not fun. It didn't use to be this way. Flaw described in great detail earlier in this thread.
    It is a kind of high jump to the 70 million, but as you can easily score a billion points on that table in under 5 minutes they probably did that deliberately.

Default nintendo switch fx 3 crash on load screen

after i buy williams pinball vol.3 my fx/3 pinball on loading screen load till 76,8 % and then wrote "The software closed because an error occured" everytime when game start. help please.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    The flippers sometime are not registering action lately, playing on IOS atm, but saw people claiming it also happen on consoles, with tables from pack 3. Didnt test if others tables from older packs are affected too, this issue seem to have appear with pack no.3.
    It happens on android also.

Default Nintendo Switch

Canít buy Williams 3 on Switch all the 3 tables just show yellow ďIísĒ and cannot buy at eshop...? Any suggestions...? Thx. Great games...!

PS4

Williams Packs 1 & 2 don't remember if you have the table enhancements off when restarting the table. Defaults to On every time.

Williams Pack 3 is the only pack that has this save state and remembers if you have enhancements Off.

Default family guy bug

hi, I don't know if this bug is recent, but when you use the rewind on family guy, at last in 1 ball, 5 minutes, or survey mode, a never ending multiball is starting.
    (I'm on xbox one)
    Last edited by tritium03; 04-04-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tritium03 View Post
    hi, I don't know if this bug is recent, but when you use the rewind on family guy, at last in 1 ball, 5 minutes, or survey mode, a never ending multiball is starting.
    (I'm on xbox one)
    I tried to replicate this and was unable to. You will need to provide more information or submit a video in order for them to easily see what you are talking about.

ya, this is a short video with the bug on family guy :

Default Safe Cracker in Hotseat - Gamebreaking Bug

The "Safe Cracker" table of "Williams Vol 3" got a serious bug, that shows up in hotseat mode.

When the time of one player is up, you're no longer able to move your flippers, BUT you'll always get new balls when it's your round. But it comes better: Since that table hasn't the limit of 3 balls for each player and just the time limit, the game will never end even when both players are out of time. You have to pause the game with ESC and quit it. So of course, your highscores are gone.

There have to be a bug or a missing line in the script of "if time of player x is 0 then player is game over" or something like that.

Hotseat is the only mode I like to play, because it makes fun to play with friends. Too bad, that new updates are often bugged in that mode.

Default family guy bug video

this is a little video of the rewind bug on family guy on xbox one

https://youtu.be/zMeZq018E2Y

this is a little video of the rewind bug on family guy on xbox one

https://youtu.be/zMeZq018E2Y
    Is that your video? If so, it still don't work so there must be more to it than just capturing the ball in 1 ball and rewinding as the video shows, because that don't work on ps4 at least.

Default family guy rewind bug

hi, I made another video more explicit about this bug :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duqPtxDxhOc

and in this one, I try to play in the one single player mode :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0DYYPM8auQ

Default New phone needed

vivo v9 or iPhone 8? pls give me ur thought, thanks

Default DMD being duplicated/popping up on playfield when entering initials, etc

FX3 on Steam with cabinet mode in a 3 monitor setup: I'm getting a DMD popping up on the playfield when entering my initials or an event requiring interacting with the DMD screen using the flippers (like in Skyrim to select quest, use inventory, etc). This ONLY happens when inputting initials or otherwise interacting with the DMD screen. Any other time the DMD stays in place on my 3rd monitor and doesn't pop up in the playfield. I obviously have the DMD size set to OFF under the UI/Streaming setting option.

Default Cam View and Pause icons/buttons on playfield

FX3 on Steam. I can't get rid of the Cam View and Pause icons/buttons in the top right corner of the playfield. I was told on another forum that they should both disappear after a few seconds once the game starts (as long as the mouse isn't moving) but they stay there for me and do NOT go away.

There is a bug in theatre of magic where the ball will stop moving at the top of the loop and sometimes disappear. People are using this disappearing ball during tiger saw multiball as it reappears in the start lane so you are free to just hit the saw forever and rack up huge points.

There is a bug in theatre of magic where the ball will stop moving at the top of the loop and sometimes disappear. People are using this disappearing ball during tiger saw multiball as it reappears in the start lane so you are free to just hit the saw forever and rack up huge points.
    I can confirm this. It should be fixed. Nevertheless it is not so tragic cause everybody can use this "feature".

I can confirm this. It should be fixed. Nevertheless it is not so tragic cause everybody can use this "feature".
    Indeed Tarek, but it's not as though the disappearing ball vanishes every time. In fact it happens somewhat randomly on the rarer than normal side and as such in order to successfully beat the top players one needs to set it up and shoot the outlane in the hopes it disappears then just reset over and over and over until it occurs. Frankly 'everybody else' is limited to about 10 hardcore players who, like me, would either think to do this or endure the process needed to do this.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 04-29-2019 at 12:17 PM.

As long as we're talking TOM, I would like to suggest limiting the region of the magna save. The zone is so large that on a couple of multiballs I have had two balls caught on the left flipper only to have another activate the magna save and suck both balls up and begin swirling atop the lane and upon magna save release, have two of them just bounce out the exit lane.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 04-29-2019 at 12:18 PM.

the issue is the game does not have an auto plunger, and thus cannot auto plunge a ball.

the simple solution is to make it so balls that leave the table get placed in a different spot instead of the plunger. specifically, where the plunger drops the ball.

that solves the issue.
    easy fix.

alternatively have a fake autoplunger that auto launches the ball if there is more than one ball outside of a ball lock and the trough.

if the trough has two balls in it, do not auto plunger. if it has one ball, but the other one is in he lock, do not plunger.

but if there is less than two balls in both the lock and the trough, then we know more than one ball is on the field, and it should autoplunge any ball in the plunger.
    Last edited by zaphod77; 05-05-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Default avengers : multiball bug

[xbox] there is a bug on avengers, when you play 5 minutes, survey or 1 ball mode : when you launch the quinjet multiball, you play a neverending multiball.

[xbox] there is a bug on avengers, when you play 5 minutes, survey or 1 ball mode : when you launch the quinjet multiball, you play a neverending multiball.
    I heard this is fixed internally, needs to be released.

I've gotten the TOM bugs into the system as well Tarek and Cantankerous

I'm having an issue on Switch with the A button not launching the ball and not working in modes. For example I will start the Aliens vs. Predator temple puzzle mode and none of the puzzle pieces will rotate when I press A. Other times pressing A will make the table make *clunk* sounds but no ball launches. This problem comes and goes seemingly randomly. The A button works fine in the menus, in all other games, and in the Switch calibration settings so my controller seems fine.

Default What To Do?

Iím sure that the guys at Zen are doing their best to solve any issues. I really donít see how Sony applying pressure to Zen would do anything that wouldnít actually make things worse for not only Zen but also those of us who love their game.
    Iím not in the industry, and fully admit ignorance when it comes to bug maintenance. Almost all of my experience is outside of online play. That stated, itís not often the opportunity to play arises, so when that time comes, I want what has been paid for to work. Issues Iím aware of have existed for months and years, yet the product is still for sale, and no oneís offering refunds, much less simple correspondence. This is simply bad business...

On top of the ongoing bugs, thereís been nagging flipper lag for about a week now. Who do I ask about this new problem? Zen doesnít respond! Now every platform is unplayable. I could go in and delete the app, then reinstall everything to see if it resolves the issue. However, it didnít last time, and itís time consuming. More and more often these days, itís just better to find something else to do.

Default Resolution

Somehow, my screen setting had been changed to Standard. Upon moving it back to Game, the flipper lag disappeared. WooHoo! Itís nice to find an answer now and then. Pleased to at least be able to play the bug-free tables.

I try to keep an open, patient mind, and not throw around blame where it doesnít belong. Weíre living in unprecedented times where just about every direction technologically is frontier. Itís daunting! Let us continue to organize and try to keep pace, my fellow game enthusiasts.

Default Early end during survival mode

The early end bug that used to affect, "The Getaway" table during various modes just occurred during survival mode of Attack from Mars. I have a video that shows that I had stacked multiball of martians attacking and total annihilation and then directly after got the 3 ball multiball then balls drained and game ended with over 40 seconds still ticking away. I have the vid if my description does not show it. I will see if I can get the glitch to occur again and post my findings.

Bug Nintendo Switch : Brightness is off with two table, Medieval Madness and The Gateway. Found the issue : Value of the Ďgamma correctioní in video option is reverse for these two tables. Adjusting the slider to the right make these table darker rather than brighter, so because my gamma correction is around 1/4 low , these table brightness are like 3/4 high.
    Quoting myself for a reminder that this bug havent been corrected yet on Switch.

And BTW, are the brightness level are supposed to be customisable for each table or its a general option for all tables? Cause on Nintendo Switch, it seem an option that affect all tables at the same time, even if done after starting the table. Some tables i would love to lower brightness, but it cannot be done individualy.

The early end bug that used to affect, "The Getaway" table during various modes just occurred during survival mode of Attack from Mars. I have a video that shows that I had stacked multiball of martians attacking and total annihilation and then directly after got the 3 ball multiball then balls drained and game ended with over 40 seconds still ticking away. I have the vid if my description does not show it. I will see if I can get the glitch to occur again and post my findings.
    Hey Cantankerous, as always - huge thanks for staying vigilant and bringing these bugs to our attention.

Can you get the video to us somehow? If you send it to akos at zenstudios.com or a dropbox link with it, it would be huge help. Our QA guys told me it would help them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Hey Cantankerous, as always - huge thanks for staying vigilant and bringing these bugs to our attention.

Can you get the video to us somehow? If you send it to akos at zenstudios.com or a dropbox link with it, it would be huge help. Our QA guys told me it would help them a lot.
    I'll upload the entire thing to YouTube this morning. I did try to replicate it by doing the same as described above, but it failed to reproduce the glitch. Perhaps after viewing it in it's entirety your staff will see something I am not and be able to fix it.

Attack From Mars, survival mode ending early post patch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndQlsxkaEwA

I tried to replicate, but was unable so here is the vid in it's entirety. Also of note, occurred during an online tournament game.

On the Nintendo Switch:

Not sure if this bug came with an update but recently FX3 on the Nintendo Switch doesn’t connect to online events after I’ve woke up the Switch from standby (with FX3 pre-loaded from another time). I have to quit-and-restart the game to get access again and to get back any online functionality.

Let me know if you need more information.
    Last edited by DMR140; 05-20-2019 at 06:41 PM.

I observed that every so often the leader nourishments won't display at all. This would chance at casual...

Williams Mars Attack doesnít remember the last view and starts with the default view every time you start the game. Also, seems like when you tilt the Jurassic World field, it stays in dark mode after that. Not sure if this is how it should be, just saying.

Default Camera and other issues

The camera view is now not being remembered for me at all. I've been playing a lot of Empire Strikes Back for a tournament lately, and its the only table I've been playing, yet it somehow always defaults to View 1, every time I start it up. Subsequent games in that session remember it, but the first game each session, the camera is reset.

Another issue that has been bugging me for a while is that the game crashes hard if Alt-F4 is used to close the app. This is a pretty standard way of exiting Windows apps, but FX3 seems to not be capable of doing it.

Williams Pinball Volume 4, the "Hurricane" table: When shooting the ball into the Juggler and get the instant lock, and when back on right pedal to shoot again there is a sound glitch. The sound is never changed, it will continue to play also after you have actually shoot the ball and in the game (instead of the standard in game music while playing). The lock ball sound is a bit annoying when playing the whole time, and take away some of the feeling for the gameplay. This happens on the Playstation 4 version, don¬īt know if the steam version is affected by the glitch.

Sorry for my english

Whitewater :

sometimes ball get out from the toboggan and goes straight down the middle, no way to avoid it.
    Really annoying

Default PS4 version of champion pub ball jumps right out of glass during play :)

When i was playing champion pub on the PS4 i noticed the ball jumped right out of the machine and then reset into the plunger lane. Looks like a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlocker View Post
    When i was playing champion pub on the PS4 i noticed the ball jumped right out of the machine and then reset into the plunger lane. Looks like a bug.
    This will happen from time to time. It's not just Champion Pub. It can happen on any table and as you can see, Zen has a counter measure for it.

In TOM (classic/tournament), entering the inner loop from the left (right flipper) returns the ball back to the left flipper. That is not how the inner loop behaves in real life or in Zen mode.
    Last edited by Roosta; 05-31-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    In TOM (classic/tournament), entering the inner loop from the left (right flipper) returns the ball back to the left flipper. That is not how the inner loop behaves in real life or in Zen mode.
    Classic mode changes the speed of the ball, which changes the trajectory as well. I will look at what you are talking about, but in all other williams table classic mode things change as the speed increases so I would say just from guessing that this is normal behavior.

Classic mode changes the speed of the ball, which changes the trajectory as well. I will look at what you are talking about, but in all other williams table classic mode things change as the speed increases so I would say just from guessing that this is normal behavior.
    Hi cantankerous! Speed has nothing to do with this issue. The entry of the inner loop faces down. A ball entering the left side of the ramp can never shoot back in the direction of the left flipper regardless of its speed. TOM is my all time favorite table and I've been playing it since the 90's in multiple locations. Yes, I am an old dude I noticed this strange behaviour in my first play. Others have also detected it (both Crow Pinball and Spacies Arcade comment on that in their respective video reviews on youtube).

There are multiple videos where you can see what I mean. Here is one example (7:20):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD0nWLkhdPk&t=348s
    Last edited by Roosta; 05-31-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ztouta37 View Post
    Sorry for my english

Whitewater :

sometimes ball get out from the toboggan and goes straight down the middle, no way to avoid it.
    Really annoying
    pinball.jpg

Fix it please.

Default White Water Multiball Camera Lock

I actually like the cameras views on some tables (despite the griping about them on the steam forums, dunno about here), Thanks SO much for White Water!! One of the best tables ever. SO... on most tables when muti-ball starts the camera locks to a fixed camera view so that we can see all the balls in play... on white water the 'camera lock' as I'm calling, doesn't happen early enough, I find myself almost every time having a ball in play while the camera is fixed to the upper playfield, there's no way to see it and so I shoot blindly hoping I catch it.

Was quite surprised when I came here tonite and searched and didn't find any mention of this yet.

I'm using camera view 7 if that matters, which I don't think it does as I've tried them all and they all do it.

Much love to Zen you're doing gods own work lol
    Smack! That's how it's done!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle911 View Post
    I actually like the cameras views on some tables (despite the griping about them on the steam forums, dunno about here), Thanks SO much for White Water!! One of the best tables ever. SO... on most tables when muti-ball starts the camera locks to a fixed camera view so that we can see all the balls in play... on white water the 'camera lock' as I'm calling, doesn't happen early enough, I find myself almost every time having a ball in play while the camera is fixed to the upper playfield, there's no way to see it and so I shoot blindly hoping I catch it.

Was quite surprised when I came here tonite and searched and didn't find any mention of this yet.

I'm using camera view 7 if that matters, which I don't think it does as I've tried them all and they all do it.

I never noticed because I use a fixed camera view always. Camera view 1

Skyrim pinball: navigating the menus is way too sensitive. You cannot scroll through your items because pressing LB or RB is too sensitive.

I just encountered a very very nasty bug on hurricane, giving me millions of scoring with unlimited balls unless i tilt the game. not sure what conditions need to be met but
    for some reason the game did not detect my ball being drained and it kept resetting the ball in the launch lane. To make matters worse the hurricane mode where you get 1 then 2 then 5 million for each ride was active as well (indefinitely it seems) so each time the ball drained and the game reset the ball and launched it i would get a hurricane ride earning me millions. If i did not tilt the game it would have kept on going indefinitely i think as it happened a few times before i started recording as well. Someone can get a very very big high score due to this bug if it happens in the same conditions and the person does not tilt the game to make it act like it should.

video of the bug in action but not the prelude to how the bug started. I know i had just multiplayer an extra ball and lost my balls before i noticed it happening but that's too vague to reproduce it on your end. This was on steam version

Default Camera bug after rewind

Playing Road Show, on Nintendo Switch, playing with camera view 1. When i press the rewind button, the camera stay down, doesnt go back up, have to press the view button to put it back to normal.

Default Experienced same bugs on Whitewater

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle911 View Post

Yes I too have experienced the bugs on whitewater pinball that have been mentioned. The bug that was mentioned where it falls out of the pipeline on the left side and then it just drops out and drains. And then the bug whereby the camera view is such that it's not showing the flippers during multi ball at the beginning and The camera view was on the middle of the table and you lose the first ball at the beginning because you can't see it on the flippers. I wrote a separate note to Akos about this.

Playing Road Show, on Nintendo Switch, playing with camera view 1. When i press the rewind button, the camera stay down, doesnt go back up, have to press the view button to put it back to normal.
    I noticed this on the first day. I meant to mention it too.

Default Champions Pub Jump Rope issue/bug/broken code

This bug happens in the Zen version of Champion Pub, not the Classic version. This bug has been there since day 1 making this version of the table unplayable for obvious reasons.

This bug happens in the Zen version of Champion Pub, not the Classic version. This bug has been there since day 1 making this version of the table unplayable for obvious reasons.
    that bug can happen if you don't enable vsync and or have very low fps

Default re:

Quote Originally Posted by joyrider3774 View Post
    that bug can happen if you don't enable vsync and or have very low fps
    What would the output video displayed frames per second or vertical sync have anything to do with this bug?

Default wonít download content

Hi. I downloaded archer pinball and bobs burger pinball today and both games are giving the same error. Both ask if you want to download content and once you click yes it goes to downloading and never goes above 0%, times out and then shows ďan error occurred while downloading, try again later.Ē What can I do? Iíve restarted my phone, shut down all background apps, uninstalled and reinstalled game. Nothing any time. What else can I do? Is there an update I didnít get. Thank you.

What would the output video displayed frames per second or vertical sync have anything to do with this bug?
    it has been confirmed by zen employees on steam discutions, that it happened (more) with people having low fps and vsync disabled.

see https://steamcommunity.com/app/44212...0487947012007/

and to be more specific it can happen if physics updates are related to fps
    Last edited by joyrider3774; 06-12-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Default re:

Quote Originally Posted by joyrider3774 View Post
    it has been confirmed by zen employees on steam discutions, that it happened (more) with people having low fps and vsync disabled.

see https://steamcommunity.com/app/44212...0487947012007/

and to be more specific it can happen if physics updates are related to fps
    Not the case for me. vsync is off and the problem still occurs.

Default IOS daily Challenge bug

The daily challenge where you can pay 5 tickets to change the challenge, the difficuly increase to normal, hard, etc, There is no daily rotation on the challenge difficuly, like my first challenge, it always remain on Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimshee View Post
    Hi. I downloaded archer pinball and bobs burger pinball today and both games are giving the same error. Both ask if you want to download content and once you click yes it goes to downloading and never goes above 0%, times out and then shows ďan error occurred while downloading, try again later.Ē What can I do? Iíve restarted my phone, shut down all background apps, uninstalled and reinstalled game. Nothing any time. What else can I do? Is there an update I didnít get. Thank you.
    Hi Kim,

Please send us a feedback response by tapping the 'speech balloon' icon in the upper right corner of the screen within the game. I'd also like to ask you to refer back to this conversation in your feedback, so I know it's you.

Thanks!
    Ray
    Community Representative

Default Camera bug Road Show Nintendo Switch when rewinding

Went rewinding on Road Show on Nintendo Switch, the camera stay down, have to press the view button to put it back up. Over a month and this havent been fix yet.

Pointing again the brightness bug also on Nintendo Switch. The Gateway and Medieval Madness brightness settings are reverted. If brightness is all way to low, Gateway and MM will have a very bright screen and vice versa. Only way to prevent this is to stay in the middle so all tables have same brightness, but id love to put brightness lower and i cant cause it will bug these two tables. This is an issue since the launch pack.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234