Thread: Post all bugs here

Default Post all bugs here

Here I propose to centralize bugs, submit your problem as you go through it, you can especially draw attention onto new ones, i.e. those that didn't exist in PFX2 version of the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Here I propose to centralize bugs, submit your problem as you go through it, you can especially draw attention onto new ones, i.e. those that didn't exist in PFX2 version of the table.
    Doom: sometimes nudging does not work at all...

Default Gratitude

Hey,
    many thanks for this topic, I'm pretty sure this will help us a lot in the future!

Paranormal:
    the DMD in my 3screen-VPinCab switched off if you entered the mansion and switched back if you left.

Quote Originally Posted by hajdu View Post
    Hey,
    many thanks for this topic, I'm pretty sure this will help us a lot in the future!
    You're very welcome !

Since the last update the rotation settings in cabinet options do not save.

It's always on 0° when I restart FX3

When you select your initials in the classic mode then the DMD pops up on the main screen also although i am in the cabinet mode and using a 3rd monitor for it.

Just playing Wild West Rampage tournament...camera 1 wide...top screen: change cam icon + pause icon or something like that pop up every few seconds (looks like touch screen). It's annoying!

This bug was present in FX2 too...then it was fixed. Please fix it again!

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...BA9668A797ADA/
    Last edited by LeanderL; 12-01-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Screen rotation in cabinet mode does not save anymore. Have to configure it each time I load a table.

Everything was working great previously until I noticed this problem yesterday. Maybe you ran a new update? The Steam/Pinball FX3 boot screen is even faced the right way, and then as soon as the menu comes up, it's wrong.

Please fix this issue.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by meatpacker81 View Post
    Since the last update the rotation settings in cabinet options do not save.

It's always on 0° when I restart FX3
    I second this issue.

Default Appreciation

Hey Guys,
    thank you for all the reports!
    I created a ticket for all of them but please notice that because of the holiday season a little delay may be possible in the repair processes.

Wishing you a great holiday season!

This has happened twice now in the last week.

I start loading the Steam version of FX3 and when the splash screen gets to "Checking Tables" it just stays there and never advances. I can not exit the program within the program. I eventually have to Alt + Tab out to the desktop, activate the Task Manager, and manually End Task "Pinball FX3" in order to close the application.

Edited to Add: This is a sporadic problem, not an ongoing one.
    Last edited by vitus979; 12-10-2017 at 02:50 PM.

OK, I know Zen is already aware of some of these issues, but after playing for the last few days I wanted to report the constant issues I’m seeing.

On Steam with cabinet mode enabled.

1. Screen orientation is sideways, have to change it upon each start up.
    2. The DMD is appearing in the middle of the playfield along with the top monitor “on certain events” even though we have a 2nd screen for DMD.
    3. The Superscore went to zero.
    4. Load time seems significantly longer.

On Xbox One
    1. Still no option to adjust to “Classic Initials” input instead of having to keyboard a whole name.

Hi Zen team, FYI I just got the Nintendo Switch version. I played two games of Sorcerer's Lair, then backed out to the menu and went to "Leaderboards". When I hit X to change to "Overall", it loaded for a second and then gave me the following screen: https://imgur.com/a/b2Ntd

I chose "Share", restarted the game, and was able to view the "Overall" leaderboards no problem after that.

Since downloading the new tables I have lost the customization awards from the last tournament and have noticed all other players are not displaying them. Also the Thor awards are not displaying for other players which I didn't even receive after competing in that tournament.

Got "Wild West Rampage" customizations back after a full Xbox shutdown but I still haven't got the "Thor" customizations.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 12-12-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Adventure Land (Switch / portrait mode)
    When the ball is held in the circular Vertigo chamber the camera view is incorrect. It focuses on the red ramp below it.

I have a graphics issue that looks like purple rice all over the screen. It appears on most tables since the first update to the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1es7xp8vjt...ssue.jpeg?dl=0

If anybody knows what this is called or what I can do to remove it is appreciate any info

On Steam PFX3 and Doom table I often get a pixelated ugly ball, it happens frequently but as soon a new ball starts it's ok again. It happens after some game mode or something in the table. Can get pictures of it.

Default Zeus Bugs (Steam)

On my 3rd ball I was awarded an extra ball as a mortality reward in single player mode (that's what the screen read and the callout said). But my ball drained and the game was over.

In another game I thought the right kickback was activated (the red lamp was lit) but playing gods multiball with two balls, one ball went down the right outlane but the kickback didn't kick it back into game.

Also I can't enter my name for highscores in neither of the new tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    On Steam PFX3 and Doom table I often get a pixelated ugly ball, it happens frequently but as soon a new ball starts it's ok again. It happens after some game mode or something in the table. Can get pictures of it.
    I think the pixelated ball on Doom is a feature (retro graphics). Not sure what triggers it

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Picture http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1184899850, had old screenshot on my computer. No clue what I did. Still not working.

Hey Guys,
    thank you for the reports, I forwarded them to the competent developers!
    Wishing you the best!

SON OF ZEUS:

- initials are not saved, you have to enter them every time

WILD WEST RAMPAGE

- still poor performance, lag...multiball unplayable. Win7 64bit, 16 GB Ram, MSI Radeon R9 280 OC 3 GB....1920x1080 resolution, FX3 maxed out. No single problems on other tables

FAMILY GUY

- table graphics glitch, family members have circles on them...looks like converting a x million color image to a 65k color image...

OTHER TABLES

- German translation with mistakes, not often but still annoying. New tables (Son of Zeus) also have some issues, sometimes English is displayed
    Last edited by LeanderL; 12-15-2017 at 12:48 AM.

HELP! XBOX ONE! Yesterday I was able to play

Am I the only xbox one user experiencing this? Every time I get to the "single player" screen, my entire console just freezes up and has to be rebooted. It loads my friend's scores, then instantly freezes up!Every time now today. I cannot play any tables and this happens on this same screen on every table I have attempted. The "single player" screen. Anyone else experiencing this? My console is an original release xbox one but plays all other games and apps fine.

What the Burger King is going on here?

UPDATE: Well, I uninstalled FX3 and all content, then re-installed the game, and am downloading table by table as I play them. At this time, no freezes. Works fine. Odd, but working.
    Last edited by steven120566; 12-15-2017 at 05:52 PM.

On Adventure Land increasing the jackpot to the maximum of 5,000,000 the dmd wrongly says 500,000. Also I have experienced a bug after the baloon multiball where the target on the TWIN lane doesn't go back down for the rest of the game.

Hello,
    I just finished my minipincab with pinballfx 2 & 3
    I do not have any concerns about pinball fx2
    On Pinball fx 3, 2 problems:
    * - the setting in cabinet mode (270 °) does not save back to (0 °)
    * - the DMD is duplicated, on the backglass and the playfield

Thank you for your help

I'm new to the series, so I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or something. But on the Switch version, I noticed that sometimes the leaderboards won't display at all. This would happen at random...
    *insert AMAZING signature here*

Family Guy, table artwork has circles. AMD user.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...41E04A6CADA0B/

Sorcerer's Lair on Xbox1;

The ball save doesn't activate after a ball lock (wizard or gargoyle) any more.
    I erased and reinstalled game and saves, but that didn't help.
    Last edited by Frecklefingers; 12-17-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Sorcerer's Lair on Xbox One: During Arachnid Attack, I held the ball on the left flipper for several seconds. The ball suddenly disappeared and reappeared in the launch chute. I could launch the ball but the flippers were nonfunctional for the rest of the game.

Venom on Xbox One: The Maximum Carnage achievement unlocked prematurely when I completed only one mode (Battle) instead of all the modes as stated in the achievement description.

When starting Pinball FX3 on Windows 10 the game immediately crashes back to the desktop. The only way to get it working again is to completely uninstall it and then redownload if from the Microsoft Store. It'll work then for a while but eventually goes back to crashing at startup again.

Cross-platform tournaments (Steam / Switch): Switch players not showing up in leaderboard for Steam players (but Switch players can see everyone, regardless of platform).

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Ste View Post
    When starting Pinball FX3 on Windows 10 the game immediately crashes back to the desktop.
    Yes indeed. It does now, even though it used to work fine for me before.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
    This also happens to me

Quote Originally Posted by mountainmaster View Post
    Yeah it seems to be an almost daily occurrence for me. I'm currently having to uninstall and redownload everything yet again as I type this because it happened again. On top of most of my tables not importing and support not replying to my posts here or my email this has been a complete shambles.
    Last edited by Drunk Ste; 12-19-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Zen Pinball on Apple TV 4 is not connecting to iTunes Store. I purchased the Adventure Land table and downloaded it to my other Apple devices (iMac, iPhone, iPad).

Apple TV 4 shows the table (Adventure Land) as available (in other words it shows it as purchased, the icon is not grayed out). Additionally Zen Pinball on Apple TV is able to validate my license without any issue. However, when I click on the table, I receive an error stating "...An unexpected error occurred when connecting to iTunes Store...". Presumably, Zen Pinball "knows" the table is purchased but needs to download it for play.

I love the game and the table, itself, but prefer to play Zen Pinball on Apple TV because of a 50" display (TV) and the fact that Zen Pinball for Apple TV is much better for multiplayer pinball games. Plus my sound system rocks.

How can I get beyond this?

Adventure Land - skillshot timing
    If you hit the Aim-Me sinkhole just before it closes you do not achieve a skillshot. Possible timing issue.

Son of Zeus - ball stuck
    The ball occasionally gets stuck behind the Medusa Stone. It eventually respawns.

Bugs on Nintendo Switch:

General:
    When playing in vertical mode , after game over and entering initials the keyboard is shown in horizontal mode.

Son of Zeus :
    Slowdown / framerate problems in handheld mode.
    Kickbacks seem / are broken, they almost never kick the ball back and ball keeps bumping on the kickback (for both kickbacks)

Adventure land :
    Sky eye, multiball seems bugged sometimes balls wont release and balls are forever stuck in the sky eye itself or the event is delayed.
    Last edited by L0cky; 12-23-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Hi I purchased a few tables under an old email, how do I change my email options so I can get them on my new email account ? thanks

Default Phantom flipper bug.

On Family Guy I keep getting a bug where it is as if the top left flipper is invisibly active, therefore stopping the ball from going up the Lois lane and if the ball is running down it bounces of the inactive flipper. I have also experienced this on the Deadpool table aswell. I will try to link a video of this I have recorded. This on Xbox One.

Not able to link video but I have posted it to my Xbox activity feed titled "Phantom flipper bug"
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 12-22-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Still have tables where I am shown as being the highest scorer amongst my friends only to find I am not.............................but eventually I become. lol, but still its a bug if it shows me as having a higher score when I dont.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Nine Zeros achievement hasn't unlocked for me even though I've met the requirements. (I did the math and added up my highest score on each table.)

Quick Play always wants me to play X-Men, telling me I played it "a long time ago," even if it's the most recent table I've played.

(Xbox One)

during a game of Skyrim i was in the inventory and normally the game should pause but all of a sudden it restarted and i lost my ball while being in the inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunk Ste View Post
    Yeah it seems to be an almost daily occurrence for me. I'm currently having to uninstall and redownload everything yet again as I type this because it happened again. On top of most of my tables not importing and support not replying to my posts here or my email this has been a complete shambles.
    This constant crashing to the desktop is annoying. Maybe the Windows error log will help Zenstudios to fix it:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: ZenStudios.24185CFAC4A6_1.0.8.2_x86__sqz2yzgfp6bz4 !App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "317"
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ZenStudios.24185CFAC4A6_1.0.8.2_ x86__sqz2yzgfp6bz4\PinballFX3_W10.exe" -ServerName:App.AppXpavz38ygsdwn850ap6b0ttaw4k2qnqf 5.mca

I googled for this error and apparently it has something to do with the latest fall update and using a local account to sign into Windows.

Edit: Well, here is another temporary workaround... No need to re-install Pinball FX3. Just install any free small game from the Microsoft store and Pinball FX3 will start up without crashing. This even works if you uninstall the free game immediately after downloading it.
    Last edited by mountainmaster; 12-23-2017 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Cross-platform tournaments (Steam / Switch): Switch players not showing up in leaderboard for Steam players (but Switch players can see everyone, regardless of platform).
    Same here, we did a small tournament and someone playing on a Switch was able to see our scores but we couldn't see his on our Steam version. A player was on Xbox and it worked fine, we saw his score.

Another bug, on a table (Adventure Lands on Steam) : The vertigo mode will always highlight the same light dots bottom left. I assume it should be random each turn.

FX3/ PS4

PlayStation Store (EU): Yes it's Sony's property but Star Wars pinball (EmpireStrikesBack, CloneWars, BobaFett) should be 50% off like the other Star Wars packs.

Son of Zeus: HERO rollover lanes arn't rolling over (table guide states they should).

Adventure Land: End of ball bonus multiplier applies but doesn't multiply. Probably known already, hence the current tournament doesn't involve it.

Sorcerer's Lair: During multiballs, the orbit doesn't count completed shots while another (saved) ball is being launched.
    Last edited by SiggR22; 12-27-2017 at 09:59 AM.

What is with the perpetual freezing up on the menu screens on XBOX one?? I thought it might be my console, until am FX 3 player I work with reports the same thing. And for both of us, no other apps or games freeze up.

FX3 is still bug ridden, freezing on the menu screens is a serious problem and actually ruins the game.

Pinball FX3 on Nintendo Switch:

Problems so far: Sorcerers Lair : * Ball sometimes get out of bounds in the upper right corner, resulting in apprearing in the bottom left drain lane.
    * Extreme dithering on some points on the table, left top flipper ( extra ball lane ) for instance, but also the water bubble leveler in
    very low in resolution.
    * Camera views reset after being in special mode , for instance the spider sub game. The table revert to viewmode 1 after this mode.
    * Stuttering horizontal scrolling dot matrix graphics, in many occasions the graphica are very hard to follow, like frames of
    animation are skipping.
    * Undocked portable handheld mode: The framerateis FAR to low compared to docked mode, I do not think it is even 30 fps, more
    like ~15 - ~20 frames most of the time.
    Hopefully the developers can fis some of these problems, for me personally the WiiU versionof Zen , is more of a pleasure to play.

Thank you for making this topic!

El Dorado Skillshot: FX3/PS4 and probably other platforms
    Oh my, this is completely messed up...The time window is already too short (the red snakes blink only 8 times), so one must VOLLEY the ball right after a full-power launch, e.g. hitting the ball right when reaching the skeleton's nose. This is certainly not how it's supposed to work, as hitting BEHIND the flipper and then shooting was the original skillshot. I could still accept that: It just takes *extreme* skill, or makes slo-mo mandatory.
    But here comes the real bug, where any amount of skill won't help anymore: You can only skillshoot on your first ball, as the red snakes for the next Skillshot will already start blinking when your current ball is lost, while counting up bonus. By the time your next ball is ready to launch, it's way too late! Yes that's right, it's absolutely ridiculous. The only way to get the skillshot chance is to TILT your previous ball! Dear Zen team, i love your game to bits, but tables should really be more thoroughly playtested. It's a mystery to me how this remained undetected... please fix.

Nintendo Switch :

Family guy: Once in a while ball sometimes gets stuck / keeps hanging at the upper right flipper every time it tries passes the lane.
    Only method to fix this is to turn off the switch, resestting or restarting the game doesnt seem to work.
    very annoying bug that makes it impossible to finish all objectives on the table.

PS4 / Son of Zeus:
    During multiball (I think it was Brawler multiball) one of the balls got stuck inside the right flipper. After the multiball ended the ball got unstuck by itself and I could continue the game.

Last edited by janduin68; 01-05-2018 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added video
    psn: janduin68

PC (Steam) / Son of Zeus : During the Snake event, if a God rallies you you'll lose 10 seconds in the event. It seems like the game doesn't know what to do, your ball is stuck somewhere and the time flies without you can do anything except waiting.
    It may even be the case during others events, i'll try to see that and report back.

Hey Guys,
    thank you for the reports, we try to process them as fast as we can!
    Until then, if you think use this new forum we created for you:
    https://forum.zenstudios.com/forumdi...shooting-Guide

In here you can post bugs separately from other platforms and it may ease our job too!
    Have a nice weekend!

If you shoot the ball into the left sinkhole (GODS) just hit the launch button when the dot matrix prompts you to choose between collect more gods or start multiball.

@Deep : If it was an answer to my post just above, i was of course talking about an issue when we don't have yet the choice to either start the multiball or wait for more gods. There's nothing in the middle of the screen, we see the time counter decreasing top left and we can do nothing.
    I'll try to see if it happens when it's the 2nd god or not, in which case it'd be a display issue of the choice during the snake event (and possibly any event).
    Edit : Nope it occurs everytime first or second god. If it's the second the choice is displayed but after the ~10s delay.

@Hajdu : Nice to see an official answer there. And i'll from now on post in the forum you pointed out instead. The Switch subforum is missing btw.
    Last edited by Harest; 01-06-2018 at 01:46 AM.

I played the table Marvel’s The Avengers 1 ball challenge and got stuck in a loop scoring 2,359,678,727 and had to eventually exit the game because even if I lost the balls on purpose they kept coming back. But now when I got to the 1 ball challenge even though it’s maxed out my score shows as 760,576!!

Since all the troubleshooting forums are still locked for users* except the Playstation one i'll post 2 small issues i had here (Steam version) :
    - In the Star Wars Droid table, start the "repair C3-PO" mission in a timed game (for instance matchup with its 3 min mode). Finishing your game while still in the mission, there'll be sounds played without taking into account the sound settings, very loudly.
    - In the Marvel Ghost Rider table, the ball can get stuck in the spiral where the ball is sent at launch. Here is a screenshot of the position (i had to nudge) :
    20180111013750_1.jpg