Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post all bugs here

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Playing on Switch, shift up is not working. Defaulty the UP on right joystick make the camera look at the table front.
    To Shift Up, you press the Auto Launch button (B button on Switch). The manual launch (right stick down) is the down shift.

Also, as mentioned above me "BS" means Bonus Score in video mode. In real pinball, the ball saver feature is only designed to save a freshly launched ball. It's rarely (if ever) given to you as an award like Zen's original tables do.
    Last edited by shogun00; 10-19-2018 at 04:34 AM.

The Gateway High Speed II bug with video mode: Playing on Switch, shift up is not working. Defaulty the UP on right joystick make the camera look at the table front. Iv tried to unbind it to have no free look camera, same result. Cant shift gear UP, only down.
    The launch button shifts up, the right stick down shifts down. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    To Shift Up, you press the Auto Launch button (B button on Switch). The manual launch (right stick down) is the down shift.

Also, as mentioned above me "BS" means Bonus Score in video mode. In real pinball, the ball saver feature is only designed to save a freshly launched ball. It's rarely (if ever) given to you as an award like Zen's original tables do.
    Oh! Thats good to know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    The launch button shifts up, the right stick down shifts down. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Thanks! Will you guys work on something to replace that in the future?

BUG REPORT :

- Crash multiple time this morning, like 4. Playing on Nintendo Switch. Playing Fish Tales, Classic Tournament setup, and tried this time VIEW 2. Dont know if its related to 2nd view, or related to classic mode and only fish tales ( played a lot of single player mode with view 1w with no crashes like that). 2 time it crash when i press the launch button on 3rd ball a bit before time to launch it, 2 time my controllers freeze, left flipper stay up, nothing was responding, had to quit the application everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by stefb View Post
    Hello, i noticed a bug on my pincab with pinballfx3
    I only play the williams tables

If i play many pinball games for a long time, there is not problem.
    But if a game becomes long (usually doing my highscores ) the game suddenly slow down as if the processeur was at 100%
    (looking at the task manager seems it goes above 85/90% usage, no saturation problem with ram or ssd)
    I did'nt noticed a particular case when this happens (single ball, multiball ... )
    I saw that on Fish tales (when i came above 500 Millions pts ) and gateway (more then 300 millions points)
    If i hit esc and go back to the menu, nothing change, even the menu is slow.
    I have to leave the game complety and laucnh it again, then all works fine untill the next long game.

I use 2 screens 1050*1680, dmd on second screen (1280*1024), a jpeg for backglass
    My pincab specs, core quad 9550, 8gb ddr3 ram, gtx 760, ssd 160gb
    I had the same problem before i format it recently (windows 7 to windows 10)
    Changed too a joywarrior controleur for xbox360 controler, same problem.

thanks for reading
    Same today, just playing 3 players, game slow down unplayable. rebbot the pc, one more try and sams probleme on the 3rd ball turn

Hi all. Registered here just for this post.

Bit of a bug report, bit of a rant. Not sure if it's worth its own thread. I got the game on PS4 recently, and have only played FISH TALES so far. A LOT. I have maxed out all the abilities and one wizard ability, working on the second. What I've come across so far sours what is an almost perfect experience. And that sourness is preventing me from shelling out for the Williams pack. I'm on the fence about it.

1. The 2x scoring wizard power sometimes DOES NOT WORK. This usually begins to happen during a longer session, and once it starts, it carries over to future games. I hold triangle, see the countdown spinner drain time, but events that should double points (like the 4 million fish finder becoming 8 million) give the standard points. It's a handicap to even hope it works at this point, as playing the game holding an extra button down (for no effect) makes taking shots that much harder.

2. The REWIND wizard power is rage-inducingly STUPID. At this point, it says I should be able to rewind up to 3 seconds by holding the triangle button. Nope! It's about 1.5 seconds tops, then automatically disengages. Took a while to realize it wasn't me letting the button up. And there's this 3 second countdown before play resumes (yes you can hit a button to skip it) but during this 3 second time, why can't I tap triangle some more to fine-tune my backwards progress? Why can't I use all my time in one go if I want to?

3. The only reason I use REWIND is to undo a drain event. GOOD FREAKING LUCK getting the ball back under control... The rewind feature EXECUTES TOO QUICKLY and the camera SHAKES WILDLY as it is following the ball around. Sorry, I cannot follow what's going on here. It's a crapshoot for me, rewind a bunch, nudge or something when it starts up again, and hope for the best. Why couldn't this rewind be MATRIX-STYLE SLOW MOTION REVERSE?

4. Another lovely flaw with your REWIND feature is the PADDLES STICK UP and stay there until you press each TWICE. Who tested this? Why it is like this? I have lost more balls than I can count because of the unresponsive paddles when the game resumes.

5. And I can't even rewind further to fix it when this trips me up because of that BLASTED COOLDOWN TIMER. Nope nope nope. This should behave more like the 2x scoring dealie, just slowly rewind when held, automatically resume when released. (At least, this is how I imagined this wizard power would work like.)

6. And what's the deal with the unchangeable MULTIBALL CAMERA ANGLE? I use View 7 most of the time. The version of that where the entire playfield is visible would be great for multiball. But no, the game is like "Multiball time! Stand on this stool to continue playing!" Please.

7. Sometimes the X button doesn't want to launch the ball. Weird. I nudge and it might work again, maybe the right stick does it. Extra aggrivating during timed events.

8. Why can't I do what I did as a child? GET UP CLOSE AND EXAMINE THE TABLE. You know, before playing. Yeah yeah, there's instructions, but getting close and seeing and reading for yourself adds a whole new dimension to immersion and enjoyment for me.

I love this game so far. The tournaments make it fun, and each is begging for a specific wizard power. But if those wizard powers cause more frustration than they are worth, sigh... Here's hoping things can improve. I find it hard to believe the physics and attention to detail in the game, yet it has tiny nusainces like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey View Post
    8. Why can't I do what I did as a child? GET UP CLOSE AND EXAMINE THE TABLE. You know, before playing.
    You can! Hold down square and tilt the controller. The feature uses motion control.

Aliens vs. Predator: PS4. There's a bug that leads to insane scoring when the ball somehow gets stuck in the nest of bumpers. Single player, Classic, 1 ball, 5 minute & Survival leaderboards are now all full of bogus scores accumulated using this bug. Please fix the table & leaderboards a.s.a.p. Zen, it's looking in a sorry state.

Thanks, Shogun00 !! I loaded the game to check that out, but new frustrations arose:

I had completed 3 tournaments, placed in each, got rewarded with XP. Ok, says "continue" so I press X on the box. Nothing happens. Gotta hit O then go back to tournaments, then see the next tournament result. Continue does nothing again, hit O, go back for result #3, this time X brings up the tournament menu because that was my last result.

SERIOUSLY? "Continue" should um... CONTINUE showing results then proceed to tourney menu. None of this backing-out workaround BS. Get it together guys!

Also, messages like "you placed THE 51TH in the tournament" is wrong in two different ways. O M G

Oh yeah, sorting tournaments by "limited tries" (the most fun for me when every game counts) showed 3 Fish Tales tournaments with UNlimited tries. AAARRGH

...at which point I closed the program. I don't need this.

Just wait for a little bit after pressing X. There is a delay between uploading and retrieving tournament scores from the leader boards. I don't know why it does it, but it likes to hang a little for some reason.

Fish Tales, PS4 pro, turning music vol down not working! While in the options menu I can hear how the music vol is changing, but going back to the table it changes nothing. Just a little bug, but since the music is stressfull for me, not so good ;-)

Edit: Tried the 2nd Williams table and it’s the same. It seems that the music and sound effects are somehow connected, because when I turn down the sound effects, the music also dissapears!?

Anyone else with this bug?
    Last edited by zoetl; 10-23-2018 at 08:21 PM.

(Nintendo Switch only)

I posted this back in May and also e-mailed support who replied and said it would be passed on to the dev team. I haven't heard anything since and the bug is still present.

When in handheld mode and rotated to portrait, the left joycon cannot control both flippers at once (using the d-pad). The left flipper cancels out the right one. This happens on all tables.

To recreate: rotate the screen of any table so that the left joycon is at the bottom, attempt to raise both flippers at the same time by using the d-pad buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by TuttiDeLeon View Post
    Aliens vs. Predator: PS4. There's a bug that leads to insane scoring when the ball somehow gets stuck in the nest of bumpers. Single player, Classic, 1 ball, 5 minute & Survival leaderboards are now all full of bogus scores accumulated using this bug. Please fix the table & leaderboards a.s.a.p. Zen, it's looking in a sorry state.
    This should be taken seriously. There are several guys posting rediculous scores in the trillions on the AvsP table and do so whenever they please posting images to our ps4 community one upping the other, so it's not a fluke and began after the williams update which, in however small way has changed the way other tables play. I can only provide one example, but on the star wars rogue 1 table when you sit and just catch the ball with the right flipper and just bang out bumpers it used to, pre williams tables every few balls spit out a fast one that was a different trajectory and would bounce on your right flipper so you couldnt just camp there all damn day without some risk, however minor and now it just spits out balls straight to the flipper and occassionally one just falls out of the hole so weak and slow it just falls to the left flipper. Something is different that is allowing these guys to catch a ball somehow in the bumpers of the AvsP table and it just sits there spitting out billions of points.

The game was shut down yesterday for about 10 minutes. We all had internet access and access to sony, but not the game. Was an update put out? What, if so, did it entail?
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrup View Post
    (Nintendo Switch only)

I posted this back in May and also e-mailed support who replied and said it would be passed on to the dev team. I haven't heard anything since and the bug is still present.

When in handheld mode and rotated to portrait, the left joycon cannot control both flippers at once (using the d-pad). The left flipper cancels out the right one. This happens on all tables.

To recreate: rotate the screen of any table so that the left joycon is at the bottom, attempt to raise both flippers at the same time by using the d-pad buttons.
    Its not a bug, the d-pad on Switch simply is made that way , you cannot press 2 input at the same time on the d-pad for two different action. Its not the best way, but play on the other reverse portrait mode ( but you will neeed manualy to configure the button, there is a mix up with the FX button, and the joystick for nudging, camera moving up )

Hi,
    There is a bug on Highspeed 2 table in "battle mode" on Nintendo Switch : Sometime, if you lost the ball during a special mode (like redline, supercharged or secret mode), you get a game over and, like in battle mode the balls suppose to be infinite during 3 minutes, the score is set to 0 and you automatically lost the match. It's appends to me several times and it's very frustrating then you got a score very higher than your opponent ! :P
    Last edited by Schade; 10-28-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Junior Member tinyhorsesinmytea's Avatar

Its not a bug, the d-pad on Switch simply is made that way , you cannot press 2 input at the same time on the d-pad for two different action. Its not the best way, but play on the other reverse portrait mode ( but you will neeed manualy to configure the button, there is a mix up with the FX button, and the joystick for nudging, camera moving up )
    When did these sneaky little guys add in the option to change the effects button to something else? That'a fantastic. I literally just doubled by best High Speed score on the first try, because vertical mode is where it's at!

Quote Originally Posted by tinyhorsesinmytea View Post
    When did these sneaky little guys add in the option to change the effects button to something else? That'a fantastic. I literally just doubled by best High Speed score on the first try, because vertical mode is where it's at!
    This it was patch in the first week. Was not there in the beginning, happy that its there now too

Three weeks now since Williams tables release and still no patch fixing the getaway table glitch. I get it, you wanna fix this and the other glitches related to the williams tables at the same time, but some news regarding a future update and some sort of expected time of release would be nice.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Bug on Aliens vs Predator table.
    The ball got stuck in between the bumpers on the top, I could have let it bump forever and easily acquire a nice top score.
    Only way to stop it was to tilt the game.
    It happened to me twice on the same game!
    Coincidence or bug?

Quote Originally Posted by M!chel View Post
    Bug on Aliens vs Predator table.
    The ball got stuck in between the bumpers on the top, I could have let it bump forever and easily acquire a nice top score.
    Only way to stop it was to tilt the game.
    It happened to me twice on the same game!
    Coincidence or bug?

Thanks for posting this footage. It's a bug that has led to multiple unscrupulous players with little to no talent or integrity absolutely decimating all the various game mode's leaderboards on PS4. Zen, you now have video proof. Please fix the issue & remove all the fake scores.

Playing on Nintendo Switch:

1. Last week in matchup games on "The Getaway" I was getting a ballout before the timer ran out during timed supercharger mode (where every ramp or so is like 5 mil) happened a lot of times.

2. On Doom table during lockout (red light) when all enemies are defeated and I hit the Power Up Ramp the game closes saying there is an error happened 2 times to me.

I had a ball being trapped leading to quick high scores bug happen on the walking dead table yesterday. I have no video footage as i was not recording while playing and it happend in match up and time was nearly up (i did not have enough time to enable recording quickly) but the ball got somehow trapped at the the trap door where the zombie usually sticks out. I'm not sure how or in what mode it happend but it was either while the trap door was getting shut (the zombie not showing) and getting big scores because the zombie usually sticking out of the door kept getting hit, i don't think it was the other way around (trap door going from close to open) as i can't see how the ball could get stuck then unless the zombie showing up again had something to do with it

Han Solo pack, Calrissian table: during a smuggler 2-ball, I drained a ball on the left but the other one was in the center of the field...it just disappeared and I lost the ball...and had to start the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanderL View Post
    Han Solo pack, Calrissian table: during a smuggler 2-ball, I drained a ball on the left but the other one was in the center of the field...it just disappeared and I lost the ball...and had to start the next one.
    Did the ball on the playfield score a Super Jackpot (hit the sink hole) before the ball on the left drained? If that was the case, the Super Jackpot ball would have got reset to the captive lane, and you were technically down to 1 ball - which unfortunately was in the process of draining.

This sounds like something that should be fixed with a rules update. Give a one shot ball saver for a few seconds on scoring a super jackpot.

i have found another bug, but it's not on any of the tables but inside the ui. I've had it happen 2-3 times already but always forgot to record it so next time i'll record it.

If you had play lets say 3-4 tournaments and you quit playing until all those tournaments have ended and after a few days you go back to the game and select tournaments it shows you the finished tournament and the you have to press A button on xbox 360 controller to continue. However pressing A or the continue button does not do anything you hear the click from selecting it but nothing happens. What i have to do in this case is go back to the main menu and then select tournaments again then go back to the main menu and repeat this untill all "finished" tournaments are cleared, this is a bit irritating i think it should normally when pressing the A button or continue show the next completed tournament but i have it happen a few times already that it does not do this.

This is using XBOX 360 gamepad (but mouse / keyboard combo exhibit same problem) using win 10 store version. I did not test on any other platform i own the game (xbox one & steam version) so can not say they exhibit the same problem

here's the video as promised of the tournament completed bug when having finished 2 or more tournaments. The continue button does not work, it does not go to the next completed tournament nor the usual tournament selection screen and the only solution is to go back to main menu, select tournaments again so the next tournament completed shows up and repeat this steps until you are at the last tournament completed only then the continue button seems to work. This is on the windows 10 store version i have not tested on steam nor on xbox one

Banned

Flippers on Williams tables only are laggy, laggy enough to make the games frustrating and not enjoyable. Is this a bug? All other tables are normal.

Playing on ps4.

Default Alien Vs Predator Bumper Bug Videos

Table: Alien vs. Predator | Platform: Xbox One | Modes: Practice, 1 Ball Challenge (probably others)

Bug: Ball gets irretrievably stuck in the bumpers, running up an infinite score until tilted.

I know this has been brought up, but I love this table and this needs to be fixed. Within a few hours of buying the Alien Table Pack I ran across this, found out it was a known issue, and figured I would try to record it. Didn't take long, within the first 1-hour Practice session it happened again. I just kept shooting for the bumpers, and here it is:

Alien Vs Predator Ball Stuck in Bumpers

And here's a second video of what happened when I tilted it. You can see the ball stuck "under" or "inside" the left bumper when everything stops:

Alien Vs Predator Bumper Bug Tilt

I tweeted it to @zen_studios and @pinballfx, also sent an email to Zen Support. Haven't heard anything so thought I would join up here and add the videos in case it helps.

Doesnt it strike anyone as odd that the Alien Vs Predator bug is cross platform and not reported until after the Williams tables introduction?? Kind of seems important.

I play on Xbox One X and I'm quite unhappy with it. Just played, had a great score and then the Game crashed because Internet wasn't working. No Record was saved !
    It happens quite often, that when I want to start the Game it takes very long an then it says: Starting takes too long and I have to restart. Also it crashes sometimes right after starting and I'm in the Menu. This really sucks an I've never had these Problems before on my Ps4. Overall I don't like the Performance on the Xbox. Ps4 was way better and I'm really thinking about stop playing it on my Xbox!
    Last edited by digidirk; 11-27-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanMac View Post
    I tweeted it to @zen_studios and @pinballfx, also sent an email to Zen Support. Haven't heard anything so thought I would join up here
    This seems to be an uncomfortably common theme around here.. Perhaps they only have 2 employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Downrazor11 View Post
    This seems to be an uncomfortably common theme around here.. Perhaps they only have 2 employees.
    FWIW, about a day after posting here I did get responses from @pinballfx on Twitter and Zen Studios Support saying they're aware of the AVP bumper bug.

on the Biolab table during Clone Multiball suddenly the Brains mission started and i probably lost all my balls (which were unvisible to me as being in the Brains mission) as the End of Ball bonus came on screen. Than while launching the next ball all of a sudden i was back in the multiball.

Default Switch bugs

Yep, the Switch version has the same issue with the Continue button on the finished Tournaments screen. It doesn't work. You have to back out and re-enter the Tournaments screen repeatedly to cycle through all the finished tournaments.

The Switch version also has a bug when you wake the Switch and Pinball FX3 was suspended. It has a helluva time recognizing there's a WiFi connection, so loading tournaments or anything online fails repeatedly. I often have to close Pinball FX3 and relaunch it to get online to work after waking my Switch. The Switch UI shows the connection is available, so I think it's a Pinball FX3 problem problem when waking from a suspended state.

Quote Originally Posted by joyrider3774 View Post
    i have found another bug, but it's not on any of the tables but inside the ui. I've had it happen 2-3 times already but always forgot to record it so next time i'll record it.

If you had play lets say 3-4 tournaments and you quit playing until all those tournaments have ended and after a few days you go back to the game and select tournaments it shows you the finished tournament and the you have to press A button on xbox 360 controller to continue. However pressing A or the continue button does not do anything you hear the click from selecting it but nothing happens. What i have to do in this case is go back to the main menu and then select tournaments again then go back to the main menu and repeat this untill all "finished" tournaments are cleared, this is a bit irritating i think it should normally when pressing the A button or continue show the next completed tournament but i have it happen a few times already that it does not do this.

This is using XBOX 360 gamepad (but mouse / keyboard combo exhibit same problem) using win 10 store version. I did not test on any other platform i own the game (xbox one & steam version) so can not say they exhibit the same problem

I just got 5 minutes extra time in the Eldorado Tournament on Switch. I have no idea what caused it but the timer for survival just stopped ticking for like 5 minutes anyways I have a 15th place from 74th.

I have a question about the El Dorado table: what is a glyp, and why does it need to be translated?

Cutesy snark aside, you have a typo in there. "Translating glyps."

So just got the Williams Volume 2 collection on Steam and when I first played Black Rose it showed the plunger view, but ever since the first game it won't show that view anymore on any of the tables including those in volume 1, I did disable the action camera in the options, did I accidently press something on my Xbox1 controller to disable the view???

Never mind, guess the plunger view is tied to the action camera mode, I just didn't like the close up views of the castle in MM and the reel in FT but I guess I will have to put up with them for the plunger.
    Last edited by Blkthorne; 12-04-2018 at 05:51 PM.

AFM doesn't save the last used camera view.
    When restarting the table, the view is reset to view 1.

On Black Rose Xbox One S there is a very distracting rapid clicking sound with the music that sounds like a Geiger counter and as I always use headphones it is very off putting. I have watched some videos of the real table and the sound doesn't seem to be there.

I have noticed that while in the pause menu the music sounds fine.

Never mind Lol! After messing with the sound settings and turning the music volume off I have realised the sound I have been hearing is meant to be the creaking of the ship I presume.
    Face palm time.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 12-05-2018 at 12:42 AM.

Had the ball disappear during midnight madness in Junkyard. The plunger kept shooting balls but they never came out anywhere.

Since update Williams table, The Getaway camera resets in tournament mode. Only a mild inconvenience.

Attack From Mars: Just got Ruler of the Universe with the date Oct. 26th, 2018 and time and date on my system are accurate.

ruleroftheworld.jpg
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 12-07-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Default Sudden crashing Attack From Mars.

Quite a few times now I have been going for high scores on Attack From Mars and as the ball is about to drain the game has just crashed out to Home screen therefore totally losing my game progress. Xbox One S.

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Attack From Mars: Just got Ruler of the Universe with the date Oct. 26th, 2018 and time and date on my system are accurate.
    Darn... sorry about that - I thought we got that problem sorted. However... if you manage to get it the second time, it will most likely be correct

Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    Darn... sorry about that - I thought we got that problem sorted. However... if you manage to get it the second time, it will most likely be correct
    No big deal. Just posting bugs. You did good on the conversion. Havnt spent more than 30 minutes collectively on the other two yet. Can you dirty pool the table? I did it twice, well, sorta, never actually accomplished getting it back up into the target as both times it opened and fell back out.

I see the game updated on PS4. What got fixed? Who knows? There's no update notes!

As joyrider3774's video shows above, the simple bug of going to next completed tournament screen is still here.

Went to play some more Fish Tales and started a SURVIVAL tournament. I thought I was doing pretty good, and then time ran out! What??? I paid closer attention to the scores needed to reset the 60 second timer, and noticed they are different than they used to be. THEY ARE SCREWED UP. If you cannot earn 75,000,000 within 2 minutes or less, the game is over! What fun is that for the majority of Fish Tales players?

Here are the SURVIVAL SCORES targets I found for Fish Tales:
    70,000,000 <---- seriously? used to be 2 million, then 4 million, then 8?
    90,000,000 <--- now that we weeded out the newbs, let's make it easier
    100,000,000 <---- easier still
    165,000,000 <--- since 100M jumps have been 10,15,25,15M... huh?
    181,500,000 <--- NOW we introduce half-millions?
    ???????????? <--- missed due to rocking that lovely boat lol
    219,620,000 <--- two one nine, six-hunna-twenty, not a point less!
    ???????????? <---- missed a couple that weren't in video clip
    626,590,000 <--- last 4 jumps were 47080k, 51780k, 56970k

What I'm getting at is how baffling this all is. It's inelegant, it's unfair, and it's seemingly random - yet these are the values that persist through survival games now. The old targets did get to some strange half-million amounts, but whatever they were, it was certain you needed more points than the minute before. Eventually you meet your match and succumb to the timer. But the way it is now? Do you want to scare off newbies? Annoy veterans? Both?

There is a similar issue on Medival Madness, except for the date: Sept 6th, 4:01 PM for all King of the realms

if you have cabinet mode and williams tables volume 2 the following command line "steam.Exe -applaunch 442120 -table_Mars" launches the wrong table .. attack from mars instead of plain mars. It's been confirmed by someone else on steam forums

Both these command's launch mars attack table while the 1st one should launch a diffrent (old mars) table. I think it's a bug in the game

steam -applaunch 442120 -table_Mars
    steam -applaunch 442120 -table_BALLY_Attack_from_Mars

The workaround is to make a copy of Mars.pxp and Name it for example Nars.pxp and then run steam -applaunch 442120 -table_Nars although this is not a good solution

I see the game updated on PS4. What got fixed? Who knows? There's no update notes!
    Patch notes although not very detailed are here .. https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...l=1#post105276

No big deal. Just posting bugs. You did good on the conversion. Havnt spent more than 30 minutes collectively on the other two yet. Can you dirty pool the table? I did it twice, well, sorta, never actually accomplished getting it back up into the target as both times it opened and fell back out.
    Yeah, it should be possible. As long as there is a multiball running, the ball should remain 'stuck' behind the target bank. If the multiball ends, the target bank will drop down after a short while.

Yeah, it should be possible. As long as there is a multiball running, the ball should remain 'stuck' behind the target bank. If the multiball ends, the target bank will drop down after a short while.
    Tournament mode displays, but doesnt work and the following: During Attract mode, press the following sequence: B, 18L, 1R, 3L, 1R, 6L, 1R. That spells RCF and shows the credits for Attack from Mars. (B=both flippers). <<<<<this also works, so, I guess given this is playing the actual rom that the 'dirty pool' will work as well. I will keep poking at it until I get something I can video.

I can confirm 'Dirty Pool' is doable on Xbox One as I have achieved it a few times.
    Finally worked out how to share my clips.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 12-10-2018 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheM101 View Post
    I can confirm 'Dirty Pool' is doable on Xbox One as I have achieved it a few times.
    Finally worked out how to share my clips.
    Thanks Dude. Appreciate the upload confirmation.

I have passed Ruler of the Universe at least 3 times during a game multiple times and the date still displays Oct.26th, 2018 but with the correct time.
    EDIT:Just completed it again for 3rd/4th time and date has shown correctly

On another note regarding the Martian Bombs, on a real table the launch button will flash to indicate collected bombs but there is no way to see this on FX3 (unless I'm missing something), so I propose that it may be helpful to have some sort of onscreen indicator to make players aware of bombs and I suppose this could also be implemented on Medieval Madness. This personally doesn't really bother me and I am stiil liking what Zen has done with the Williams tables but I know some players are not aware or forget about bombs.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 12-10-2018 at 10:07 PM.

REWIND WIZARD broken across all tables for me on steam - since the Williams 2 update the rewind wizard is not working correctly across all tables - it's super slow - graphically it's glitchy and sticky and it is taking too long to rewind making the power pretty useless.
    My PC is an AMD Ryzen 7 Eight Core 1700x 3.40ghz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia Gforce gtx1060 6gb
    Windows 10

nudge pass is still working on arcade and tournament modes,very realistic simulation indeed.

Party Zone

I keep getting ball stuck in left Ozone ramp. It tries to push the ball up and over but stays there through a minute of resets until it finally has enough to get back into play.

Bug affecting scores in Williams Black Rose that effectively doubles your score. Found by a member of OPPL on ps4 if while playing in classic mode online or offline if Zen graphics mode is off during game if you turn it on just as your last ball drains your end score will double. As such online ps4 leagues have blacklisted it along with the AlienVSPredator table that still has not been fixed. I have done extensive testing on other Black Rose modes and found it only to affect classic. I also tested all other Williams tables and they all seem to be fine. I have taken several videos, but reproducing the 'double score' glitch is as easy as just pushing the button when ball drains so all who read this can easily reproduce it.

While on the subject of bugs. Three times now after playing classic Zen tables while trophy hunting went to play an online tournament on a Williams table and it ran slow as hell. 1/4 speed maybe or less. On another occasion while playing on Black Rose and having the option to have powerups I was getting double score bonus without pushing the button without any drain of it, just in case someone thinks my button was pushed down. It just started giving me double score for no reason.

Also, not a bug exactly, but I have played Match Up this week with the AFM table and it seems to max out at 2 1/2 billion and most anyone can easily beat that every single time. I usually get between 5 and 6 billion. Just seems a bit easy compared to other tables that routinely get higher and higher and higher until you lose.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 12-17-2018 at 05:41 AM.

My FX3 on Switch crashed 3 times already. I forget the error message it was something like "The software closed due to an error", but I think it has something to do with the rewind button or multiball as twice it crashed while rewinding and the other time was multiball. Also I just downloaded the update and 3 new tables. EDIT: It has since stopped crashing, have had a smooth game for a while now.
    Last edited by Strategicleez; 12-20-2018 at 03:51 PM. Reason: update

Friends list high score filter is bugged on the PS4 leaderboards. I’ve reported this before, yet it seems I get no clear reply as to if the bug is being worked on, has been duplicated on the developers end of things or anything. It’s really frustrating for me & my friends😕

This thread has become ridiculous. We post bugs with the intention of making our gaming experience and the rest of your users better. We're doing your devs a solid and it would be nice if someone from Zen could at minimum mark new bugs as being read so we know you have seen them, after that, if you fix it or not, that's up to you, but let us know you are reading them.

Default Junk Yard ball stuck

Bug happen on Switch.

Not a pro with this table, dont really know what im doing, but was playing yerterday, and at a certain moment, i had to lauch balls, and everytime, ball were getting stuck somewhere, after 4-5 ball launch, nothing happen, no ball in play, had to tilt the machine, and i saw like 5 balls dropping from the left side.

Rewind causing crash on Switch (ver 1.0.5)... ruined several 1 billion+ games on Getaway, here's an example
    https://youtu.be/1vYp893GPAo

More insight into the PS4 friends leaderboards filter BUG! So last night my friend & I who used to battle over top scores via the PS4 leaderboards on pinballfx3 randomly decided since we can’t see each other’s scores let’s attempt to sign on the game at the same time & we could discuss our scores in a party to see who’s got the highest scores on which tables... well to our surprise when we both were online our scores magically appeared again! Odd? But finally I can see his high scores. I go to bed, wake up check the leaderboards again, his scores are gone??? So apparently I can’t see my friends high scores unless they’re on the game simultaneously with me???

Attack from mars.
    In pratice, the stroke of luck only awards me the 50M rewards. I can't get any other reward in this mode.
    It is that correct?

they probably have tourament mode on on an old rom. the latest rom awards multiple awards in tournament mode.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsnunes View Post
    Attack from mars.
    In pratice, the stroke of luck only awards me the 50M rewards. I can't get any other reward in this mode.
    It is that correct?
    Practice? That's a real thing? In a virtual simulation of an actual game where points matter not and quarters (my bad, 2018..............dollars) are free. What is the benefit of practice mode vs just playing and learning?

I get that you found an issue and I didnt want to take away from that and I'm fully aware there is a practice mode, but, honestly, I never saw any reason to play it and thought perhaps I was missing something.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 12-31-2018 at 12:28 AM.

what he meant is that is supposed to be random, but keeps handing out 50M. and that's a symptom of tournament mode on

"Rom revision 1.13b offers a variety of awards for competitive play at the scoop as opposed to only 50m points."

most likely they are using 1.13, and not 1.13b ROMs.

Quote Originally Posted by dcsnunes View Post
    Attack from mars.
    It is that correct?
    It's probably on tournament mode like others have said. Single player and classic single player (arcade option) modes properly randomize the award.

This happened yesterday on PS4. I had a back up from October and mostly have played the new tables so everything was saved except the past 9 tables.

corruptfiles.jpg

Sorry for you cantankerous-- Hopefully you had a backup. It happened to me and a friend of mine 2-4 weeks ago, it's really a pain since we didn't had a backup; it's probably more than 500hrs lost on my side...Anyway i started again with the tables i have'nt played before.

Quote Originally Posted by FernandeathCH View Post
    Sorry for you cantankerous-- Hopefully you had a backup. It happened to me and a friend of mine 2-4 weeks ago, it's really a pain since we didn't had a backup; it's probably more than 500hrs lost on my side...Anyway i started again with the tables i have'nt played before.
    I had one from October so it was basically just a handful of tables I already maxed out one and saved a backup. Not like when my HD went out. lol

Win10/Pro64 Pinball FX3 and Vega 56 Terrible stutter, unplayable.

This thread has become ridiculous. We post bugs with the intention of making our gaming experience and the rest of your users better. We're doing your devs a solid and it would be nice if someone from Zen could at minimum mark new bugs as being read so we know you have seen them, after that, if you fix it or not, that's up to you, but let us know you are reading them.
    AGREED ENTIRELY!

Every time I get the urge to boot up this game, because "hey maybe I should buy some tables and have fun" I am reminded of the bugs (and baffling decisions, like in my last post) and quickly change my mind to spend, and don't play for long before shutting the game down.

New threads get replies, it seems. This one (with new reports in it) goes largely ignored. I'm frustrated and disgusted.

Do you want my money or not?

AGREED ENTIRELY!

Every time I get the urge to boot up this game, because "hey maybe I should buy some tables and have fun" I am reminded of the bugs (and baffling decisions, like in my last post) and quickly change my mind to spend, and don't play for long before shutting the game down.

New threads get replies, it seems. This one (with new reports in it) goes largely ignored. I'm frustrated and disgusted.

Do you want my money or not?
    Fact is that ZEN has quite a history of ignoring bugs. New releases which bring in money get prioritized quite heavily over bug-fixing which only costs money.
    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

In AFM when you have maxed out the Bumper bonus, there are worth 5M.
    When you get the superjets, this goes DOWN to 3M, which I guess should also be multiplied by the Bumper Bonus factor.
    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Default Medieval Madness timed mode

When playing timed modes on Medival Madness, the timer pauses whenever the ball is in the moat or the castle, however it does not pause when the ball is in the Merlin scoop, Catapult or the Damsel tower.

This seems like a bug and the timer should pause when the ball is trapped in the Merlin, Catapult or Damsel scoops as well.

Default I second that motion

I have tried so many ways to get bugs fixed for many months through Forums, ZEN Support or directly to individual ZEN employees in hopes of making progress on the many bugs I have in FX3 on XBOX ONE. Only Zofia has written back saying the usual thanks for the suggestions and that it takes a while for these bugs to be worked out. I have heard either nothing or rhetoric on the same bugs I have had while new ones add up.

I have two tables that are utterly unplayable because of the bugs:

-Avengers in any multiball just keeps kicking out balls after the ball save is over and there is no end to game. This is in the challenges and game in wizard skills mode.

-Civil War has the upper right flipper stuck behind the lip of the sink hole and is unusable in the game in wizard mode.

Other bugs include the skill shot NEVER working for years in either the XBOX 360 or XBOX ONE for Star Wars: Masters of the Force. I am an advanced player and I don't need another video sent by ZEN from another platform showing me how it works.

There are other bugs, but the patching the bugs in the unplayable table tables will suffice for now.

Making fixing bugs your priority for a while and see how much you can get done. THANKS!
    Last edited by rmaultra; 01-13-2019 at 07:48 PM. Reason: accuracy

"Pinball FX3 has end to work" / back to windows

happens to me on Fish Tales, Getaway, Junk Yard, Medieval Madness, and Party zone.

always at the same time, using the end of rewind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKDV06nlT6M

There's another real big problem with double scoring too on all Williams tables. That means all the leaderboards are broken.

I hope you will find what's going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wims_Beta View Post

There's another real big problem with double scoring too on all Williams tables. That means all the leaderboards are broken.

I hope you will find what's going wrong.
    I know of double scoring on the black rose table (classic mode only) and have already reported this here and on Zen's facebook page, but tested using the same method used to double score on black rose all other williams tables along with every single mode so, how is double scoring achieved on the other williams tables? Provide a video showing it being done.

I know of double scoring on the black rose table (classic mode only) and have already reported this here and on Zen's facebook page, but tested using the same method used to double score on black rose all other williams tables along with every single mode so, how is double scoring achieved on the other williams tables? Provide a video showing it being done.
    Yes on Black Rose, but on other Williams too.

Junk Yard : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z6XNawqCes
    Run from Spike at 4:37 for exemple

Medieval Madness : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKrtPysmqvU

And I remember it happens on Party Zone.

---

I think there's another important bug with Extraballs on Williams Pinball, I will post a thread later to explain but something's wrong.
    Last edited by wims_Beta; 01-29-2019 at 06:00 PM.

This happened yesterday on PS4. I had a back up from October and mostly have played the new tables so everything was saved except the past 9 tables.

corruptfiles.jpg
    It happens the same thing to me, everyting was saved except XP (return to level 0), and progress on tables like Spiderman, Skyrim, Epic Quest was reset.

It happens the same thing to me, everyting was saved except XP (return to level 0), and progress on tables like Spiderman, Skyrim, Epic Quest was reset.
    It's happened to me at least 4 times this month. Just back up every day.

Default Multiplayer bugs

As in the weekly head to head. For the past few weeks, my diversity bonus will not rise above 5, regardless of how many tables I have played. The indicator in the Multiplayer menu also only shows the last 2 tables I've played.

Also, I'm not sure if it's expected behaviour or not, but my initial score goals on some tables have been set very high. For instance, the lowest matchup I have first this week for Fantastic Four was 19 million. I went in and scored 9 million and the new lowest matchup was 21 million.

I have only experienced these two issues for the last few weeks, since the new year.

Again "Pinball FX3 has stop working"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x8vVlItyPw

Zen I know you're busy, but it should be good if a dev could show a sign, just to know if our reports are readed or if we're talking to the void

Zen I know you're busy, but it should be good if a dev could show a sign, just to know if our reports are readed or if we're talking to the void
    Funny, I just commented about it crashing on their facebook page.

facebookrant.jpg

Second time in a row that it happens to me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO8-bcY9rXI
    (sorry for my poor english, I am simply tired and disgusted).

All these bugs got the better of my desire to play pinball. I'll come back when you've repaired your game.

This bug is really annoying. Yet I would't quit such a game if you're planning to go for the top score. That should be a 50+ hour game and the Rewind Feature power will always be used up before you reach nearly half of the score. Multiball and Bumper Upgrades are peanuts, the key for big points is the Battle for the Kingdom.

To protect Zen a little I can say that I'm very impressed how much the're able to control the original ROM. Compared to Pinball Arcade which has so many bugs and use only basic functions of the ROM that's a real progress. Rewind a ball, write scores in the ROM, features I've never seen before and guess that needs a lot knowledge about the ROM.

Hi Wims,
    to me it looks like the problem is when the Rewind is used up. Thanks for the videos I'll get this to QA.

It's happened to me at least 4 times this month. Just back up every day.
    Did this start to happen after Volume 2 got released?

Default El Dorado Jade Glitch

On PS4 in One Ball Challenge mode, the JADE ball saver has been malfunctioning for quite a while.
    Also, The Avengers Quinjet multiball continues to be never ending.
    Finally, the Guardian Stones on Sorcerer’s Lair - they act as one large stone. It doesn’t matter which one you hit, they light up left, center, right to open the cellar.
    Any idea when/if these may be fixed?
    Last edited by Currenseeder1; 02-07-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Oberdieck View Post
    Multiball and Bumper Upgrades are peanuts, the key for big points is the Battle for the Kingdom.
    Yes tarek i know, except battle for kingdom bonus are doubled (if you manage it till on multiball) with multiball upgrade, so it'is not a simple peanut.

My game was crashed.

By the way the ROM of Medieval Madness is glitched in my point of view (endless game), and since Volume 2, there's the bug of double scoring when you play with only one ball... I prefer to defend the game by asking a fix issue, and dont wanna make a glitched very-high score that couldnt be beaten after this fix issue.

My game lasted several evenings, so I've thought a moment and took all these parameters in account to decide unfortunatly to drop all my remaining balls.
    Last edited by wims_Beta; 02-08-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Did this start to happen after Volume 2 got released?
    It's always been subject to unexplainable corrupt profiles, but even worse since the Williams tables and more so since volume 2.

On an unrelated question pertaining to my previous posts about changing my data setting to exclude computer users. When I do that it drops me a level in match up for some reason. Why would that occur? Currently I'm going for diamond 1 when leaving data sharing on and when I elect to have only ps4 players I drop to going for diamond 2 again.

Yes tarek i know, except battle for kingdom bonus are doubled (if you manage it till on multiball) with multiball upgrade, so it'is not a simple peanut.
    Good to know, new for me. Next time I'll try this feature too.

By the way the ROM of Medieval Madness is glitched in my point of view (endless game), and since Volume 2, there's the bug of double scoring when you play with only one ball...
    You mean endless games even though Zen has limited the extraballs to five? I guess something went wrong with the ROM setting and there's no ROM glitch. This is true in every case at least for the double scoring, it's a Zen software problem.
    I've never played a real Medieval Madness with this error.

Some bugs on IOS Williams Pinball, playing on Ipad Air 2.

- Once in a while, got no sound at all. Think it happen most of time time when i go out of the app to like go on something else, and when i come back, there is no sound.

- Got lot of difficulty connecting this morning. Server problem? Got scared a bit when i decide to press cancel and saw i lost all my lvl, coincs, tickets, but when it log back, everything went back to normal

- Dont know if its wanted that way, but some beginners challenge difficulty get all jack up once in a while. Very hard time reaching like lvl 5, getting to lvl 10 is a miracle. I offen decide to reset the challenge.

Hot seat, all Williams tables: you cannot set the camera individually. If player one changes the camera, the camera of player 2 will be changed as well...if one prefers camera 1w and the other player camera 3 you have to constantly switch them each turn.

Urgent! Please fix!

Some bugs on IOS Williams Pinball, playing on Ipad Air 2.

- Once in a while, got no sound at all. Think it happen most of time time when i go out of the app to like go on something else, and when i come back, there is no sound.

- Got lot of difficulty connecting this morning. Server problem? Got scared a bit when i decide to press cancel and saw i lost all my lvl, coincs, tickets, but when it log back, everything went back to normal

- Dont know if its wanted that way, but some beginners challenge difficulty get all jack up once in a while. Very hard time reaching like lvl 5, getting to lvl 10 is a miracle. I offen decide to reset the challenge.
    I don't have the app and only referring to the server issue today. It was poo on ps4 as well this morning and sporadic throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarek Oberdieck View Post
    You mean endless games even though Zen has limited the extraballs to five? I guess something went wrong with the ROM setting and there's no ROM glitch. This is true in every case at least for the double scoring, it's a Zen software problem.
    I've never played a real Medieval Madness with this error.
    On MM, Zen hasn't yet corrected the extraballs to 5 per ball, but I guess and hope they will do.

From what I understood (on the other thread with XB problem), on the real Williams pinball machines of Medieval Madness the max number stacked XB is 4, and you can win 5 XB per ball (so not unlimited).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast