Thread: Pinball FX3 releases on the Nintendo Switch December 12!

Default Pinball FX3 releases on the Nintendo Switch December 12!

nintendo_switch_launch_image_us_forum.jpg

Hello Pinball Wizards! We are excited to finally bring Pinball FX3 to Switch on December 12! That’s a few weeks later than we initially promised, but the improvements being made are well worth the wait. We used that time to implement an excellent suggestion from Nintendo – turns out it’s much more comfortable to hold the screen vertically in your hands when only one Joy-Con is attached instead of the two we were originally proceeding with. Zen is now ready to present the BEST portable pinball experience available.

And have you heard about the exclusive Switch features? HD Rumble ensures that all 30 tables (with more to come!) feel like you’re playing real pinball more than any other video game out there. Meanwhile, that perfectly balanced vertical orientation we mentioned earlier allows you to play with the perspective of an actual pinball machine.

Some in the studio actually believe that Pinball FX3 on Switch to be the best, most authentic handheld video game pinball experience ever. If you’d like to see it in action yourself, check out the live PFX3 Switch demo with Akos and Mel as they demonstrate the awesome functionality here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp-JHgmPx4w&t=327s

Thank you all for your patience – none of this would be possible without such a dedicated pinball community. We can’t wait for you to experience this perfect fusion of game and console for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

We used that time to implement an excellent suggestion from Nintendo – turns out it’s much more comfortable to hold the screen vertically in your hands when only one Joy-Con is attached instead of the two we were originally proceeding with.
    @McLovin - it wasn't demonstrated in the video, but can you confirm we will be able to use the left and right joycon arrow buttons to control the flippers in vertical mode?

Wow, nice. Much like ZP2 on Vita got me to buy a Vita, this coming to Switch has convinced me it’s time to get a Switch.

Quick question: It says it’s launching with 30 tables. I also play on PS4 and there it launched with 68. What tables aren’t on the Switch version? I know it says more to come. Does that mean it will eventually have the same library as PS4 and others?
    Also, just to make sure, new releases will come to Switch at the same time as other consoles, right? I forgot who from Zen replied back that yeas they would, but I wanted to make sure, as I’d need them for the FB tournaments.
    Which makes me think of one last question, sorry, does cross platform tournaments mean tournaments set up on PS4 will be viewable and playable on Switch?

Thanks for any info and you guys keep up the great work! I’ve said it before but Zen Studios is by far my favorite company in gaming with the most fan friendly community out there!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Snip
    Sounds awesome! wish I had a Switch to try it out. Hope everyone has fun with it.
    - Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Wow, nice. Much like ZP2 on Vita got me to buy a Vita, this coming to Switch has convinced me it’s time to get a Switch.

Quick question: It says it’s launching with 30 tables. I also play on PS4 and there it launched with 68. What tables aren’t on the Switch version? I know it says more to come. Does that mean it will eventually have the same library as PS4 and others?
    Also, just to make sure, new releases will come to Switch at the same time as other consoles, right? I forgot who from Zen replied back that yeas they would, but I wanted to make sure, as I’d need them for the FB tournaments.
    Which makes me think of one last question, sorry, does cross platform tournaments mean tournaments set up on PS4 will be viewable and playable on Switch?

Thanks for any info and you guys keep up the great work! I’ve said it before but Zen Studios is by far my favorite company in gaming with the most fan friendly community out there!
    Basically all Marvel and Star Wars tables are missing. I once asked the question if they will be on the switch in the future. They said they will try (maybe, likely, unlikely)they were very vague. And then they dodged the question saying the next content (new tables) will be released on all platforms from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post

PM me your info when you do get one. You can actually find me through the system as a 3ds friend when you do. Either way it will be great to have you to compete with again and hopefully we will get those Marvel and Star Wars tables soon enough.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Man, this looks like it'd be really great to play on. Too bad I already have all the tables I want on Steam. :P Maybe if I ever get some eShop credit, I'll throw it this way.

Never really played too many of these in the past, but I'm a big pinball fan and feel like this is made for the switch! That being said, if anyone wants to friend up and compete lemme know! Also would love to hear suggestions on favorite tables to start out with! Thanks!

In 30+ years of gaming I can't remember being this excited for a game to be released. And that's as true as my arse points to the ground.

Hey man, any advice on when it might hit the Aussie eshop?

Woo hoo!! Never mind!!!

Let's go! And free tables! Great start to my day off!

The vertical view is great, I don't think my cabinet ever had a view that good. What a shame I have to buy all my tables again though.

Hey guys new to the series, to be on the online leaderboards you have to compete in the tournaments? Or does it take your single player scores?

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaptr View Post
    Hey guys new to the series, to be on the online leaderboards you have to compete in the tournaments? Or does it take your single player scores?
    Hey there,
    single is more than enough!

Kind regards!

Much appreciated! Trying this family guy out now! Are the leaderboards console specific? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRaptr View Post
    Much appreciated! Trying this family guy out now! Are the leaderboards console specific? Thanks again!
    Hey,
    the leaderboards are available for all platforms connected!

Hope this helps!

Already enjoying this and getting addicted again. Zen is and always has been my weakness. I've sunk no less then 1000 hours on various tables and hate to say it seems like I'm heading that way once again.

Anyone know if we are playing on the go away from wifi, will our scores upload to leaderboards whenever we reconnect to internet?

I just downloaded Zen Pinball 3 for Switch, got the free tables, and bought The Zen Originals Season 1 bundle, Universal pinball, Aliens VS Pinball and Balls of Glory packs, after a one gigabite download all of them unlocked as expected, exept the universal pack. It showed as purchased on the Eshop, but was greyed out in the table list ,I can't seem to delete and re-download downloadable content for the game, so I just tried deleting and redownloading the entire game. This seems to have fixed the issue but I wonder if this is a bug in the game, or the E-shop.

When I play in handheld mode and use a non static view (one that follows the ball), I notice a lot of choppyness, it actually makes it hard sometimes to keep a ball in play. Anyone else have this issue?

Default Japan eShop?

Is there an arrival date for the Japan eShop?

Quote Originally Posted by dok5555555 View Post
    When I play in handheld mode and use a non static view (one that follows the ball), I notice a lot of choppyness, it actually makes it hard sometimes to keep a ball in play. Anyone else have this issue?
    The game is running at just 30fps (supposedly, more like 27) in handheld mode. That's the choppiness you're experiencing. It's regular 60fps in console/TV mode.

I agree it's quite disorientating. I don't think I can play the game like this. Which is a shame as I was so excited for this version and the vertical mode actually is such a great feature.

It's disappointing it's not 60fps as this is the standard for pinball games on every platform. Even Pinball Arcade on Switch is 60fps in handheld mode.

I've noticed Son of Zeus is darn near impossible to play handheld mode. Way too much slow down and the rumble while feels nice is way to excessive.

I had to turn off the rumble mode for all the tables. Just didn’t work for me.