Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redtooster
    • Dec 2017

Screen rotation in cabinet mode does not save anymore

Screen rotation in cabinet mode does not save anymore. Have to configure it each time I load a table.

Everything was working great previously until I noticed this problem yesterday. Maybe you ran a new update? The Steam/Pinball FX3 boot screen is even faced the right way, and then as soon as the menu comes up, it's wrong.

Please fix this issue.

Thank you
  • meatpacker81
    • Jul 2017

same here

Comment

• hajdu
      Community Representative
      • Nov 2017

Fixing process is on

Hey guys,
      thank you for the report!

We are aware of this problem and we are working on it but please be advised because of the holiday season a little delay is possible.

Wishing you a happy holiday season!

Comment

• opus33321
        • Nov 2017

That's your answer?

Originally posted by hajdu
        Hey guys,
        thank you for the report!

We are aware of this problem and we are working on it but please be advised because of the holiday season a little delay is possible.

Wishing you a happy holiday season!
        Working as a member of technical support myself, I must admit, that is the WORST answer you can give to a customer.

One of the main reasons for this update was to add the ability to add initials via the DMD specifically because of Cabinet users, and then you break cabinet orientation? What cabinet testing did you actually do? And then to add the lame excuse that you released insufficiently tested new code before the holiday season, and then expect your customers to sit and wait why you sip egg nog at your Holiday party?

At least give cab users the ability to roll back. At the old version I could just esc through putting in my name or initials. But now I have to escape from the table, change orientation, then start the game then put the keyboard away.....Let's put it this way....You just made it too difficult to play.

I will not be purchasing any additional tables until this is fixed, and If it is not fixed soon, I will be contacting Steam asking for a refund. I bought this program specifically for cabinet support, and from what I hear, cabinet support in FX2 was fine. Well you didn't give me that option, you stuck me with FX3 which has buggy and now completely unplayable cabinet support.

I am not happy.

Comment

• Gill
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by opus33321
          Working as a member of technical support myself, I must admit, that is the WORST answer you can give to a customer.

One of the main reasons for this update was to add the ability to add initials via the DMD specifically because of Cabinet users, and then you break cabinet orientation? What cabinet testing did you actually do? And then to add the lame excuse that you released insufficiently tested new code before the holiday season, and then expect your customers to sit and wait why you sip egg nog at your Holiday party?

At least give cab users the ability to roll back. At the old version I could just esc through putting in my name or initials. But now I have to escape from the table, change orientation, then start the game then put the keyboard away.....Let's put it this way....You just made it too difficult to play.

I will not be purchasing any additional tables until this is fixed, and If it is not fixed soon, I will be contacting Steam asking for a refund. I bought this program specifically for cabinet support, and from what I hear, cabinet support in FX2 was fine. Well you didn't give me that option, you stuck me with FX3 which has buggy and now completely unplayable cabinet support.

I am not happy.
          Cool down. Pinball FX3 is a new game, it will be fixed.

To let you know I have the same problem and there is a work around. Set the rotation settings ingame to 0 degrees and set your monitor in portrait mode in Windows... then the loading screen will be wrong direction but the game will be rotated perfectly. Had the same problem as you guys but now it works without problem on two computers.
          Last edited by Gill; 12-12-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• hajdu
            Community Representative
            • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Gill
            Cool down. Pinball FX3 is a new game, it will be fixed.

To let you know I have the same problem and there is a work around. Set the rotation settings ingame to 0 degrees and set your monitor in portrait mode in Windows... then the loading screen will be wrong direction but the game will be rotated perfectly. Had the same problem as you guys but now it works without problem on two computers.
            Thank you so much for the alternate option here!
            Until the patch it's sadly the best option we can offer you.
            I'd like to apologize again for the inconvenience!

Wishing you all a happy holiday season!

Comment

• Gill
              • Dec 2017

Thank you so much for the alternate option here!
              Until the patch it's sadly the best option we can offer you.
              I'd like to apologize again for the inconvenience!

Wishing you all a happy holiday season!
              I can confirm that it now work as intended on my pincabs. Seems to been a update with the new tables.

Comment

• hajdu
                Community Representative
                • Nov 2017

Originally posted by Gill
                I can confirm that it now work as intended on my pincabs. Seems to been a update with the new tables.
                Hey there,
                I'm really glad it's okay for you now!
                Anyone else can confirm the proper functioning? Thank you in advance!

Comment

• Danzig
                  • Nov 2011

Hey there,
                  I'm really glad it's okay for you now!
                  Anyone else can confirm the proper functioning? Thank you in advance!
                  Hi Zen, I can confirm that it is NOT working. In addition to the screen rotated wrong, my Superscore has still not come back, I had over 50,000.

Comment

• Gill
                    • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Danzig
                    Hi Zen, I can confirm that it is NOT working. In addition to the screen rotated wrong, my Superscore has still not come back, I had over 50,000.
                    Guess I am lucky then, works on both my Pincabs, one running Windows 8 and the other Windows 10. Running Steam version of PFX3 on both. Hopefully they can sort it out after Christmas.

Comment

• insx
                      • Nov 2013

Mine reset 2 or 3 times but now it seems to have survived a couple of reboots. It seems a bit random.

Comment

• hajdu
                        Community Representative
                        • Nov 2017

Hey Guys,
                        Does the problem still persist? We'd like to ask for a little confirmation of the fix now!
                        Kind regards and happy new year to all of you!

Comment

• makeitquick
                          • Jan 2018

It's not working for me.

When i set orientation to 270* in game options it's set to 0* after game restarts. I have to change it every time i run FX3, no issue with FX2.

Should i change to portrait mode before FX3 start? So why there is option in game menu?

Btw. there was a trick with steam files edit that allows you to run in offline mode without stupid pop-up, can't find it. Any help?

Comment

• Brakelmann
                            • Jan 2018

I am facing the same problem here.
                            Setting for cabinet mode does not persist.

Any progress for a fix?
                            Thanks, Brakelmann

Comment

• hajdu
                              Community Representative
                              • Nov 2017

Hey guys,
                              good news, the fix will be released with one of the upcoming updates!
                              Please stay tuned!

Comment

Working...