Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Son of Zeus Feedback/ Did I beat wizard mode?

  1. #1

    Default Son of Zeus Feedback/ Did I beat wizard mode?

    This table is awesome! I love the layout, the modes, the graphics, the lighting! Only thing underwhelming is the music - this table deserved better than what sounds like a boring mix of other FX3 tables's music.

    The table does a good job of explaining what to shoot for. And I'm happy to say I have found all the different multiball modes and the secret skill shot.

    I've lost track in the wizard mode (I usually don't make it to a table's wizard mode) and I'm not sure if I actually beat it or not. I know I started it and after some time the table reset and I started collecting modes again. Did I beat wizard mode? Probably not. There might just be a timer that runs out?

  2. #2

    Default

    Is there no way to see how much power you're using when launching the ball? Seems the skill shot is more luck than anything else right now, more like a your-best-guess shot.

  3. #3
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    I'm glad you like the table. Interesting you say the music is not good enough, I think Son of Zeus has the best music of all the original tables. If the timer expires in the wizard mode, you didn't beat it. You can see on the dot matrix which feature needs how many shots.

  4. #4
    Table Designer deep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t33 View Post
    Is there no way to see how much power you're using when launching the ball? Seems the skill shot is more luck than anything else right now, more like a your-best-guess shot.
    Watch the flames at the statue on the right as you pull the plunger.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    I'm glad you like the table. Interesting you say the music is not good enough, I think Son of Zeus has the best music of all the original tables. If the timer expires in the wizard mode, you didn't beat it. You can see on the dot matrix which feature needs how many shots.
    Somewhere I made a comment about something in Son of Zeus, but was truly meant as a compliment. But on the subject of original music, I have to say that just about every single (non licsnsed ) table contains amazing music. I think in some of those marvel ones they got a bit less creative. But the composer killed it on all those originals from FX 2 and Zeus as well as adventureland (even though it is a reprise in a way, it was a great idea). Totally great!
    Last edited by steven120566; 01-03-2018 at 07:52 PM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member duckscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Is anyone playing the FX3/PS4 Son of Zeus Survival Mode Tournament?
    I posted 88M last night. I think it was 6th highest at the time. It looked like there were over 2,000 players

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duckscott View Post
    Is anyone playing the FX3/PS4 Son of Zeus Survival Mode Tournament?
    I posted 88M last night. I think it was 6th highest at the time. It looked like there were over 2,000 players
    Survival is hard! I made it to just over 110m. My problem is timing Olympus multiball to start right before Chronos or the bumper multiball, whatever it is called.

  8. #8

    Default

    Yeah, no fan of the "recycled" music on Zeus or Adventureland. I would love new music for them.

    Thought so about the God Mode, thanks for confirming. Still haven't managed to beat it yet. It's nice that the first time around starting a mode is enough to light a letter. From the second play-through it gets much tougher...

    Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Watch the flames at the statue on the right as you pull the plunger.
    I see the flames get bigger but I have no idea how anyone could make a precise shot based on that. I know how far I have to pull back on the gamepad to hit the GODS targets 75% of the time but the visuals on the screen are no help to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •