Thread: What's everyone's Top 5 BEST and Top 5 WORST Tables?

Default What's everyone's Top 5 BEST and Top 5 WORST Tables?

I currently have 55 tables,so far,but yet to decide on what's the BEST and WORST from the tables available....

So for all the people,who have played FX3,and spent more time than I have...

Can you list your Top 5 BEST and WORST?

(This could be a good guide for others, on what's best to purchase..)

in no particular order

BEST
    -American Dad
    -Alien Isolation
    -Wild West Rampage
    -Archer
    -Son of Zeus

WORST
    -Mars
    -Fantastic Four
    -Droids
    -V12
    -Tesla

Not a big fan of the Star Wars tables at all

I have the Nintendo Switch version and only have 8 tables atm.

I will rank them from most liked to worst as i dont have enough tables to make a top 5 for both.

Best - worst :

Family guy - Colourfull table with many lanes yet table is clear and ball is almost always in sight, has a good amount of multiball triggers asl well.
    Sorcerer's lair - Fun table, good amount of modes and secrets, bumpers can be anoying as it seem to love to downtrust the ball through the middle or left side lane.
    Adventure land - Fun theme and love the idea of different attractions but objectives can be hard to finish. Icarus V minigame gets old fast and a reason i wont come back to this table as much anymore.
    Son of zeus - Like the theme and modes and graphicley this table looks nice but its hard to keep track of the ball on this table as it cluttered and a grapichs make it hard to see the ball sometimes. The table suffers from slowndown as well on nintendo switch, the kickbacks seem broken on the table as they never seem to safe the ball. Allround a buggy table withto much going on for the tiny switch screen.
    archer - Weird table yet somehow i like it , not to complicated but scoring big numbers seems hard on this table and feels it lacks some things to keep it intresting for long.
    American dad - havent spend much time on this table yet but its seem cluttered and confusing, yet it seems to have a ton of modes and objectives which is a plus.
    Bob's burgers - To many places the ball is out of sight and the balls loves to get to the outer side lanes to a unfair amount, modes dont seem to intresting table is boring quickly
    The walking dead - Table doesnt feel intresting , you mostly will hit the walker and end up with a objective that doesnt seem to change the game to much.
    There doesnt seem to happen to much on this table.

Top 5 Favourite Tables:
    Moon Knight
    Doom
    Fear Itself
    Aliens
    Excalibur

Top 5 Least Favourite:
    V12
    El Dorado
    American Dad
    Walking Dead
    Civil War

Its hard to pick a good top (depends on my mood) But I allways love these tables :

Sorcerer's Lair An easy to understand table. Biggest plus is the challenge how many times you can reach Wizzard mode.
    Mars I love the atmosphere in this one. It reminds me of classic space movies like A Space Odyssey 2001. Getting the shots in time is often nerve-racking.
    Spiderman Superb voice acting. Satisfying ramps, shots and missions. Also the funky and silly atmosphere contributes a lot to the fun.
    World War Hulk Ramp / Loop galore. Period.
    Aliens Again afantastic atmosphere and a very good table design.

Honorable mentions :

Rome, Caste Storm, Wild West Rampage, El Dorado, Star Fighter Assaullt, Plants vs Zombies (r.i.p.)

The not so great ones:

V12 Nothing but frustrating stots. The theme is not appealing either for me.
    All of the FOXnet tables Cell shading and themes are not my cup of tea
    Jaws Can't say why but i disklike it very much. Maybe it's the depressing theme or the huge amount of unconventional table items.
    Secrets of the Deep A Slow and depressig table with an annoying top table.
    Paranormal I prefer an open table.

dishonorable Mentions :

Civil War, Dead Pool, Venom, Masters of the Force, Walking Dead
    Last edited by Boulderdash; 01-05-2018 at 01:51 AM.

Best:
    #1 Son of Zeus
    #2 South Park (I miss this table sooooo much!!)
    #3 Bob's Burgers
    #4 Doom
    #5 Alien vs. Predator

Runner Up:
    Earth Defense
    Captain America
    El Dorado

Worst:
    Sorcerer's lab
    Dr. Strange
    Paranormal
    V12
    Tesla

I really like the Walking Dead table but it looks like i'm the only one if you look at this thread.

I love these lists - seeing other people's top 5s or 10s often makes me go back to tables I might have misjudged, or it gives me an idea which ones to buy next.

I'm not a high-scoring player and learning the tables, getting better at the tables is an ongoing (enjoyably slow) process for me, so more experienced players will probably be better judges of overall table scoring systems, modes, etc. And I'm still missing some of the earlier tables and most of the star wars tables. Caveats aside...

Top 5

The Force Awakens - I feel like I shouldn't like this table, but I do. Very fast and fun.
    Women of Power: Champions – This and Biolab have, if you ask me, the best sound design in the game. Sound and color overload keep me playing.
    Mars - I wish more tables were a little less crowded, like this one. When I went back to it recently, it was a refreshingly unlike the newer tables.
    Fear Itself - In Pinball FX2, this and Hulk were my most played tables. Something about the new look of the Hulk table has put me off, but I still play Fear Itself a lot.
    Aliens - Just find myself playing it quite a lot.

Special place in my heart: Infinity Gauntlet, Fantastic Four

I guess I don't have any worsts, just some that I don't play much, and I can't say whether they're bad or not.

Simple question, tough answer. I find it really hard to precisely pinpoint 'bad' tables as i love them all. Some seem inferior but have unique features or themes that make them shine. However, at the end of the day, it is all about the fun and playability that counts. Computer tables can afford to be fundamentally different than their real counterparts in that regard as they don't need to be stingy and greedy to net money. Difficulty is there merely for challenging purposes and should never feel oppressive. So maybe the best criterium to rate tables is to first ask which ones *annoy* me most, for whichever reasons, keeping me from playing them. An honest answer to this will come naturally and reveal that the ones annoying least must therefore called the 'best', so here come my 26 tables, sorted best to worst:
    Rebels, Han Solo, Mars, Wild West Rampage, Darth Vader, Sorcerer's Lair, Return of the Jedi, Droids, Castle Storm, Rogue One, Adventure Land, Starfighter Assault, The Force Awakens, Son of Zeus, A New Hope, The Walking Dead, Epic Quest, Paranormal, Excalibur, Earth Defense, Masters of the Force, Might of the First Order, El Dorado, V12, Tesla, Shaman.
    Some tables need better mission balance (time, score). Others are let down by frustrating shots (narrow ramps, indirect targets). A couple are ruined by unnecessary vision impairment (camera and obstacles). Many tables are cluttered. A few tables are simply too fast. And finally, tables that combine those bad designs, are the least fun to play.
    Last edited by SiggR22; 01-05-2018 at 09:34 AM.

I have most of the zen tables (around 70)
    Tough to narrow down to five but I'll try...

Wild West Rampage - love the old west theme, very challenging table. This is by far my most-played table. You have to keep your kickbacks alive because the ball finds those outer lanes a lot. Hitting the left sinkhole can be a very tricky shot. I feel like this table requires a lot of skill - miss your shot, and there are usually bad consequences.

Mars - I appreciate this table because it is very unlike any others. The challenge factor is not as great as some, but I love the mood and subdued effects. Cool moody music. I wish there were more tables like this (maybe in a space, ocean or arctic theme). One dislike is when you are limited to one or two shots to complete a mission, and can't really do much else until you finish, which means you can be held captive for as long as it takes to hit those shots.

Son of Zeus - A new table, but already a favorite. I feel that the Greek theme, voice acting, special effects and intuitive nature of this table result in a great combination that will keep me coming back to play this one. I love the voice acting in particular.

Avengers - Assigning unique looks and characteristics to six different balls was a master stroke. I like to try locking different combinations of balls to see the impact on scoring. It's a very fun, colorful table.

Might of the First Order - Tough call on my favorite Star Wars table. This one wins for me because it combines fast action, potential high scores and overall challenge. The ramps can be deadly if you don't get your ball all the way up. The kickbacks are not too easy to obtain, yet achievable. The stormtrooper walking in front of your ball/flipper is a cool animation, and a challenge as well. Nice graphic presentation and voices.

My five least favorites:

Tesla - Repetitive shot to get the short ball save makes this table very tedious for me. I'm generally not a fan of magnetic effects on tables, and this table has a big one on the mini-playfield.

V12 - This table's scoring seems really imbalanced. The marked combo shots can give you big points if you hit enough in a row, but almost nothing else seems to be worthwhile. I do think a newer car-themed table is due.

Deadpool - I think this table still has potential to be a good one for me. I just can't seem to figure out how to score many points, or even make my ball last for long. On the few times I've played it, it's been very difficult. I generally like tables that seem intuitive.

Rogue One - For a newer table, I just find this one kind of boring. Part of it is the repetitive nature of hitting the targets at the top of the table.

Paranormal - I've played it a couple of times, but don't really desire to play it again. I can't seem to figure out how to advance my score at more than a crawl.

I hate seeing v12 in the least favorite tables of so many when in reality if any of you had played it when it was first released in the original zen table releases you would have loved it, but then they changed the physics and you cant trap the ball and the ball doesnt go up the ramps smoothly anymore. I used to be able to play that table for hours saving in between and without exception amass billions of points and now barely a 100 million if even that on my best day. Zen made this table and it was brilliant then they mucked it up and now it no longer flows.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

TOP 5
    -DOOM
    -Ms. Splosion Man (the reason I still boot up FX2)
    -Ghost Rider
    -Women of Power: Champions
    -World War Hulk

BOTTOM 5
    -Back to the Future because it lacks the soundtrack and the voices are AWFUL.
    -Venom because of the ramps

Favs:

-Fear Itself (my favorite table in the whole game)
    -Doom
    -Deadpool
    -Three of the four Star Wars main episode tables:
    Empire for its atmosphere complex rulesheet and stacking modes.
    A New Hope for its speed, missions and difficulty level (just brutal).
    The Force Awakens for its flow, the cinematic feel of the missions and the great fx.

I like Return of the Jedi too but not as much as I love the other main episode tables.
    Also, Son of Zeus or Adventure Land might push Deadpool off of the list in the future but not just yet.

-South Park (Rip)

Worst (or just not favs):

-Archer
    -Civil War
    -V12
    -Sor. Lair
    -Paranormal
    Last edited by MuddyWolf_Beta; 01-16-2018 at 08:35 AM.

I can't believe no one has the Portal table in his top five! I am biased, as I liked the game a lot and find the way the table is created very good in deed.

Damn you're right about portal. A honorable mention.

I prefer originals, which is evident in my list.

Earth Defense
    Secrets of the Deep
    Rome
    Eldorado
    Paranormal
    Excalibur
    Sorcerer's Lair

Least faves:
    V-12
    Shaman
    Wolverine
    Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by laughing bear View Post
    I can't believe no one has the Portal table in his top five! I am biased, as I liked the game a lot and find the way the table is created very good in deed.
    I also think Portal is a great table. The reason that it’s not one of my favs is because of that mini playfield. It’s very hard but not in a fun way. You have to beat it three times to complete mission 2 and if you want to make the wizard mode a little easier on yourself, you have to remove the turrets by first hitting the bumpers a certain amount of times and then by playing that mini playfield again.

I love the normal table layout and I like the other missions and multi balls so I don’t want to spend that much time on a frustrating mini game that takes me away from all the good stuff.

As a newcomer to pinball fx3 I do not have that many yet, except the free sorcerer, Portal, and the three Alien. Today I just added Son of Zeus, Adventureland, and the two tables of the Force Awakens.

I think the more I get, the harder it will be to decide which is top 5. LOL

Commenting on my new ones (Warning! ESRB Content Rating 18+)

Adventureland:

Oh My God! Where on earth did they get such high quality LSD which they apparently took when they created that table? Boy would I have loved to compose and record a more fitting music, complementing that LSD trip. Hmmm... Now wait...Now I know what's missing in the Zen List, a dedicated Timothy Leary table!

Son of Zeus:

...them feckin birds..feckin bloody birds... LOL

The Force Awakens:

Straight way top 5... most amazing!

Might of the First Order

Crap... straight away top 5... three left only.... note to self, stop buying them tables. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyWolf_Beta View Post
    I also think Portal is a great table. The reason that it’s not one of my favs is because of that mini playfield. It’s very hard but not in a fun way. You have to beat it three times to complete mission 2 and if you want to make the wizard mode a little easier on yourself, you have to remove the turrets by first hitting the bumpers a certain amount of times and then by playing that mini playfield again.

I love the normal table layout and I like the other missions and multi balls so I don’t want to spend that much time on a frustrating mini game that takes me away from all the good stuff.
    I really don't like Portal at all. I don't like the muted blue and grey colour scheme. Yes, i know that's how the main game is, but i prefer my Pinball to be colourful. Also, every mission feels the same, and the mini playfield is terrible and annoying.

Favorites:
    Empire Strikes Back
    Boba Fett
    Return of the Jedi
    Starfighter Assault
    Force Awakens
    The Avengers
    Ghost Rider
    Epic Quest
    Plants vs. Zombies
    Super League Football
    South Park: Super-Sweet Pinball
    CastleStorm
    Wild West Rampage
    American Dad

Least Favorite:
    Mars
    Marvel’s Women of Power
    Street Fighter II
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
    Venom
    Deadpool
    Iron Man
    X-Men
    Portal
    DOOM

Have not had a chance to play the newer Pinball FX3 tables yet but they look good!

Favorites in no particular order:

Fantastic Four
    Skyrim
    Empire Strikes Back
    Plants Vs Zombies
    American Dad
    Ms. Splosion Man

Least Favorites:

V12
    Age of Ultron
    Civil War
    Archer
    Rome
    Ninja Gaiden

I did six each, I know.

Smile

One thing this thread shows is that people definitely have different tastes as to what makes a good table. No surprise there. It’s funny that there are a number of tables that are in both the top 5 and bottom 5 lists of different people. It shows that Zen does a good job of offering up tables with diverse play styles.

Personal note: Fantastic Four a bottom 5 table? Come on Bosstime, that table is pure pinball magic.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    One thing this thread shows is that people definitely have different tastes as to what makes a good table. No surprise there. It’s funny that there are a number of tables that are in both the top 5 and bottom 5 lists of different people. It shows that Zen does a good job of offering up tables with diverse play styles.
    There also are those we can agree are great (Aliens, Son of Zeus etc.) or not so much (V12, Paranormal etc.).

So, let's all agree. Those who think v12 sucks that v12 needs to be retooled and returned to what it was originally when it first came out. I promise all of you that v12 used to be a great table, but after the two different physics changes to the table now it is no longer even a good table. The changes made to the physics make it no longer flow and the ramps are almost impossible to hit. Make it work again Zen, like it used to.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Apart from V12 there are no bad tables. From all tables i played enough this is so far my favoriet.

Best:

- Wild West Rampage.
    - Sorcerers Lair
    - AVP
    - Deadpool
    - Mars (in fx2 it was on of my worst)
    - Family Guy

Worst:

- V12
    - Venom
    - Civil War
    - Secrets of the Deep
    - Shaman
    - Eldorado
    - Archer
    Last edited by Maxitsu; 01-21-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Ya, v12 now sucks. It didnt always. There was a time when zen first released it that it worked so well. It was, until they started mucking with the physics that it no longer flowed and the ramps no longer worked. I will continue to be vocal and hope they return it to the original physics or retool it so that it works well, like it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Ya, v12 now sucks. It didnt always. There was a time when zen first released it that it worked so well. It was, until they started mucking with the physics that it no longer flowed and the ramps no longer worked. I will continue to be vocal and hope they return it to the original physics or retool it so that it works well, like it used to.
    I've never liked V12 in any iteration- the feel, music and vibe is just generic and boring. Maybe someone else here will speak up and say they like it as much as you do...

Quote Originally Posted by PainkillerJTL View Post
    I've never liked V12 in any iteration- the feel, music and vibe is just generic and boring. Maybe someone else here will speak up and say they like it as much as you do...
    I don't find V12 to be a bad table at all..
    The left ramp is a pain to keep hitting,and for me,the harder a table appears to be,the more I'm intrigued and motivated to keep trying it...

Obviously, opinions differ though.

I've played through a lot of them now,and most are pretty good..

Enjoy these as the more standout tables...

Spiderman
    World War Hulk
    Moon Knight
    Jaws
    Family Guy
    AvP
    Epic Quest

The only ones,I'm struggling with...

Tesla
    Secrets of the Deep
    X Men

Just keep hitting the balls,on these tables with not much going on...Boring!

Of course, It's all a matter of personal opinions. Do you actually mean favorites?

In that case,

American Dad
    Back to the Future
    Fear Itself
    X-men
    SW Might of the first order.

South Park would be on the list but it's not on the PBFX3 list.

Worst
    V-12

Vader is in the list too. the missions are cool but oo many hurry ups. Why focus on the more difficult missions when you can do hurry ups.

Haven't posted in a while, so here goes.

Best 5 tables? as in score or just fav? either way...

1: Infinity Gauntlet - still miffed i didn't break the top 5 in that tournament a couple years ago so i could win those sweet slippers.
    2: That Soccer Table - Too lazy to boot up the 360 to play this table. It's bar none one of my favorite marathon like tables. Every time i played it, guaranteed 2 hours spent on one game.
    3: Fallout - Whoever beat my 1 ball challenge score that i put up soon after pbfx3 was released: i really hate you. I love the mechanics of this table.
    4: Epic Quest - can get boring at times, but was always good at this table.
    5: Fantastic 4 - pretty much every time i play this table i generally get to the wizard mode. Easily one of my most consistent tables.

worst tables/hate - I just never played well on these and i hate them all with every cell in my body.

1: Blade - any table that gives you a free ball for sucking brutally isn't a good table. Think the most i ever scored on this POS was about 35 million. Just horrid.
    2: Excalibur - Always found this a weird table, odd angled shots. Terrible missions. Just horrid.
    3: Rocky and Bullwinkle - For those that remember this table, uuuug.
    4: v12 - Was this table just overly complex for the sake of complexity? Absolutely nothing on this table jived with me. The flow is bad, the cluttered screen is bad. The lack of routes/combos, bad.
    5: Walking Dead - Guess i had to put a newer table on this list. As far as i'm concerned this table is tied with half of the star wars tables as well for just being weird/odd. I'm just terrible on this table. Nothing interests me at all on this and i'm just bad on it.

Yet, another v12 vote to the worst list. Zen, I am pleading for you to go back and see how this table used to flow when it was released and now after several updates and physics changes no longer functions as it was intended. Nothing like it used to be. I stand devout in my loyalty to this table knowing full well how it used to be. I can't play it for shit now. Havn't even tried to overtake the high score cause it just don't flow now and the speed of the ramps just suck. You have a table in your listing now that no one plays. It's like having 69 tables instead of 70 unless you return it to what it used to be.

Default Top 5 and bottome 3

It changes from time to time, but here are my top 5 and bottom 3 (the bottom 3 are the only ones I really have a problem with). I play primarily on iOS.

Top 5:
    1. World War Hulk - love the fan layout and copious looping/comboing, the modes are hard but achievable, always something going on and has a really great feel/fun factor. It's fast but doesn't feel dangerous all the time.
    2. Captain America - great aesthetics, shots are all achievable, easy to figure out but hard to master.
    3. X-Men - I just love this one. It's an older table, but great feel and challenge, keeps me coming back. Some strange shots in the upper right area, really the whole right side of the playfield is a bit tricky.
    4. Alien vs. Predator - great flow, look and feel. Fun missions.
    5. Star Wars Rebels - I just love the aesthetic in this one as well, and it's a good shooters table. Missions are not that hard to start and fun to play.

Bottom 3:
    1. V12 - as everyone says above, it's just clunky, scoring is nonexistent, and the shots are super hard to make. I have hardly ever successfully completed even one of the modes, the timer is just too short and shots too hard to make. I have to say, it's really intriguing to think that Zen could re-tune this table and make it fun - it honestly may have a lot of potential, it's a really nice looking table.
    2. Shaman - actually a bit fun in the ramps, but just frustrating when it comes to drains, way too frequent straight down the middle drains coming from the sinkholes at the top (this may be a mobile tuning issue). It's also not the deepest table, or at least the deep parts activating disasters) is so hard to start that it's like a fluke when I get one lit up.
    3. Secrets of the Deep - just boring. Super long ball times, not enough adrenaline.

My faves in no particular order (I own all 33 Switch tables)

- AvP
    - Jurassic World
    - Mars (I actually suck at this 1 but I find it the most relaxing table to play on, including the music)
    - Wild West Rampage
    - Secrets of the Deep

Least favorite:

- V12
    - Tesla
    - Castlestorm
    - Excalibur
    - Rome

Best:

THOR
    EARTH DEFENSE
    DR. STRANGE
    WORLD WAR HULK
    JURASSIC WORLD

Worst:

V12
    BOB’S BURGERS
    CIVIL WAR
    THE WALKING DEAD
    SHAMAN

Default Service road

Tables I like best : all are #1 -and- #5 (from the ones I own and have played enough). And those 5 are not written in stone.

[ just realized that South P tables are not in PBFX3. So feel free to look past them, I'm keeping them in list]

Butters' very Own
    Aliens
    Wild West Rampage
    Son of Zeus
    Epic Quest

Runners up: Thor; Archer; DOOM; Pasha; World War Hulk; Mars

---------------
    Tables I absolutely dislike: all are #worst (from the ones I own and have played enough)

Deadpool
    Southpark
    Bob's Burgers
    Secrets of the Deep (totally useless top half)
    Spiderman
    V12

Real stinkers: Civil War; Ghost Rider; E.T. ; Paranormal;..... Fallout

side note: my feelings for almost all tables here are based on my playtime in PBFX2. Haven't had the time nor lust to re-play them in FX3
    Last edited by Flipper; 02-25-2018 at 11:00 PM.