Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cuebacca
    • Aug 2017

Why no XBOX one X 4k support?

Seems like a massive oversight. This game would really benefit from the 4k textures. I play in the full table view, and it's actually quite difficult to identify what some of the lights say.

Are there any plans to add 4k support? If so, when? Soon hopefully, the One X has been around for a few months now.

If not, then are you crazy?
  • SteveValek
    • Dec 2017

There was a time,when people called for HD over standard,and now with HD,there's calls for 4K...
    Is it really that unclear to see?

Comment

• Nudge
      • Feb 2018

I'm still using my old Xbox one to play with but i will buy an Xbox one X instantly if this game gets a proper 4k upgrade with textures and such. If not I might go the PC route. Will there be 4k support for the X?

Best regards
      /Nudge

Comment

• Cuebacca
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by SteveValek
        There was a time,when people called for HD over standard,and now with HD,there's calls for 4K...
        Is it really that unclear to see?
        It is for me yes. I guess it depends on your setup.

I use a 27" 4k monitor, and my preferred table view is the one that shows the whole table from a more birds eye perspective. This ultimately makes some of the table decals difficult to see.

But of course people want better, and like all the standards before - once you've gone to 4k it's difficult to go back. In this day and age, typically, game assets are created at the very highest resolution and downscaled to what's required. So (While I'm sure there's more to it, I'm not an expert.) surely they can just resample the textures for 4k.

4k games look incredible and this game would be no exception....

Comment

• Vincent
          Pinball Wizard
          • Sep 2010

I completely agree. On my 43" the game looks gorgeous on Steam at 4K, got the One X after I asked if 4K play would be possible and got a positive answer, and now I'm waiting... Forza Horizon 3 4K ("enhanced") is now available on the X, I can tell you it has nothing to do with 1K version...

The question has already been asked though, apparently Zen have been busy with other stuff but somehow promised they would eventually do something about it - when they will remains unknown to this day, though.

Comment

• SteveValek
            • Dec 2017

I hope you guys get your wish,as it's a lot of money to fork out and not get the quality..
            I had trouble seeing the lights too,but was prescribed glasses,at a fraction of the price 🤗

Comment

• hajdu
              Community Representative
              • Nov 2017

Hey guys,
              I can assure you this feature is planned and we are working on it, but it takes a lot of time to create this, because we have to re-create every table one-by-one not just a convert because it'd look terrible. We have to make them, test them, on all platforms, it's a lot of time and that's the reason we cannot tell you an exact release date right now.

Yours faithfully,
              hajdu

Comment

• Andrewhd
                • Feb 2014

I've been playing the XBOX ONE X version on a 4K OLED screen and it looks amazing as it is right now, even the old tables. I can't even begin to imagine how tables will look with 4K resolution because right now everything looks so clear and clean. Wow its nice to hear they're working on it for the future.

Comment

• calavera999
                  • Aug 2014

I don't suppose this would include HDR support? That would totally be the most worthwhile enhancement for a game such as this...

Comment

• Vincent
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Sep 2010

UP. So can you guys tell us about how much 4K support has been progressing during those last 7 months ?

Thanks.

Comment

• Chili
                      Community Representative
                      • Mar 2018

Hey Vincent! We don't have any new information about that, we will inform you guys if we will have any update on this! Have a great day!

Comment

• Vincent
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Chili
                        Hey Vincent! We don't have any new information about that, we will inform you guys if we will have any update on this! Have a great day!
                        On the Steam PC version 4K resolution has been available for years hasn't it ?

Comment

• Vincent
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Sep 2010

Come on guys back me up on this !

Comment

• DugFreez
                            • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Vincent
                            Come on guys back me up on this !
                            Yeah, 4K Xbox One X support would be great. If it can't be all done at once...why not at least have the new tables in 4K as they are released?

Comment

• boomyak
                              • Jun 2019

So what is the status of this? 4k assets already exist, but it is mysteriously absent on the most powerful console specifically tailored for 4k?

There's a reason I bought an Xbox one X, and there's a reason I want to play certain Games on my OLED.

I'm saddened to hear that it seems neither ZenStudios nor FarSight before them seems to take the brands they've been given seriously.

I was saddened when all my great tables I've already bought from FarSight are no longer supported, and will never get proper 4k support, and even less thrilled that ZenStudios have taken the baton, and instead of running with it promptly buried it in the sand.

RIP

Comment

Working...