Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaz5021
    • Feb 2013

Cheating

Just wondering if Zen is aware of the obvious cheating happening on the leaderboards, and if anything can be done about it.

It doesn't bother me too much - some of them are easy to spot, and I still have the satisfaction of being the obvious #1 legit score on some tables, but it's still somewhat annoying.

I've taken some screenshots of the more obvious ones which can be viewed here: https://imgur.com/a/rzx8D

At the very least, the following users should simply be banned and have their scores erased:

!!!!!!
    kthula666
    Ardenwolfe

I can't figure out how one would score multiple billions on Sorcerer's Lair in the 5 minute challenge, so zombiewizard45 and YuraWhirlwind are obviously very sus as well (and that's being generous - I'd be shocked if any of the top 5 scores on that list are legit).

I'm keen to hear Zen's (and others') thoughts on this issue.

Is it related to the fact that you can't save your game in tournament mode? Do people do this by manipulating the data sent to the server, on the PC version of the game? The fact that many of these bogus scores are in the even millions says to me it's not a simple case of them backing up their saved game. Having said that, some of the suspicious scores aren't rounded off like that.

What are the odds that the top score in each Challenge mode of a particular table are round millions? 1 in 10^18? Haha.
  • cantankerous--
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2016

I looked at the pic you posted a link to and it looks like v12? I cant post a good score on that table anymore since zen mucked with the physics, but I used to be able to get scores in the billions on that table. Now, its too frustrating to even play, but those scores seem possible to me.

You cant just come in here and accuse people of cheating just because you cant figure out how they were able to best your score. How do you believe they were able to cheat?
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 02-24-2018, 12:52 PM.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
    sigpic

Comment

• cantankerous--
      Pinball Wizard
      • Nov 2016

I dug deeper and found that some of those guys have the same score on the playstation network as well. How do you propose they are able to cheat and post bogus scores on both networks? The other scores you posted are pretty similar to what is posted on the playstation network by other guys.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
      3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.
      sigpic

Comment

• Tech101
        • Jan 2012

I'll be honest and I'm on my phone. I can't even make out any of those scores. They are all a blurry mess so I can even see them. The only obvious cheats I've seen have been on Wizardscore and Superscore. The top 2 on both are obvious cheats so at the very least remove those.
        Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• cantankerous--
          Pinball Wizard
          • Nov 2016

Ok, after looking at the pics again and then seeing the score on playstation network is exactly the same it does look odd to me. I mean how does one get a precise score of 414,000,000 on two different networks?

sigpic

Comment

• cantankerous--
            Pinball Wizard
            • Nov 2016

I know there is a device that allows you to cheat game save data on the ps4 I cant tell you what firmware it works on or any other details other than a device is out, and supposedly the switch is already cracked and you can put stuff on it on earlier firmwares so I guess it is possible to manipulate the scores?

sigpic

Comment

• gaz5021
              • Feb 2013

Yeah, the image quality was poor. I've re-uploaded them in better quality.

Have another look at the images and allow me to explain further.

You'll notice that the player named "kthula666" has six scores in those screenshots that are all in the even millions - i.e. 234,000,000, 113,000,000 etc, rather than something like 234,449,100 or 113,811,900. The odds of this player's three high scores being as such on Biolab, for example, are astronomically low. Virtually impossible. Literally 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000. There are many more scores like that by this player on the boards, I just chose a few tables to post as an example. Trust me, it's not legit.

One of the images is indeed V12. The top score on there now just so happens to be 947,000,000. It's also insanely unlikely that this score was achieved normally. To be precise, it's one in a million.

I am here accusing these people of cheating. I can, and I am. What you are correct about, is that I don't know how they have posted those scores, but that isn't the issue. I don't care how they did it. I know how those scores weren't achieved, though - by playing the game normally.

Comment

• gaz5021
                • Feb 2013

(deleted - trying to post a better-quality image for mobile users)

Comment

• gaz5021
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by cantankerous--
                  I know there is a device that allows you to cheat game save data on the ps4 I cant tell you what firmware it works on or any other details other than a device is out, and supposedly the switch is already cracked and you can put stuff on it on earlier firmwares so I guess it is possible to manipulate the scores?
                  Nah, none of the suspected cheaters are Switch users. I can tell by selecting their name - if they were on Switch I'd have the option to add them as a friend. Not that I would, though. Haha.

Comment

• Tech101
                    • Jan 2012

I did look up some of those scores on my Switch and there is no way those Sorcerers Lair scores are legit. I find it hard to believe even a billion is possible but maybe there's something I don't know even though I've played that table to death. Even a very good Multiball isn't going to net me that many points.

Comment

• Tech101
                      • Jan 2012

On the 5 minute challenge that is.

Comment

• Tech101
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by cantankerous--
                        Ok, after looking at the pics again and then seeing the score on playstation network is exactly the same it does look odd to me. I mean how does one get a precise score of 414,000,000 on two different networks?
                        Most likely a user that is part of both leader boards. Even though I can't see PS4 scores I can see PC and Xbox users. I believe you share with Xbox users and possible PC as well. Most likely they're on one of those.

Comment

• gaz5021
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Tech101
                          On the 5 minute challenge that is.
                          Totally agree, mate. I've had a few goes on the Sorcerer's Lair 5-minute challenge and haven't been able to get the wizard mode once. That doesn't worry me, but those top 5 scores (at least) are grade-A bullshit. Wizard mode nets you a few hundred million tops, and that's with a good amount of stones, too.

Comment

• Tech101
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by gaz5021
                            Totally agree, mate. I've had a few goes on the Sorcerer's Lair 5-minute challenge and haven't been able to get the wizard mode once. That doesn't worry me, but those top 5 scores (at least) are grade-A bullshit. Wizard mode nets you a few hundred million tops, and that's with a good amount of stones, too.
                            I wouldn't even try to get to wizard mode in 5 minutes lol. I would keep spamming the one Multiball where you have to lock the balls near the upper left ramp.

Comment

• steven120566
                              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by gaz5021
                              I am here accusing these people of cheating. I can, and I am. What you are correct about, is that I don't know how they have posted those scores, but that isn't the issue. I don't care how they did it. I know how those scores weren't achieved, though - by playing the game normally.
                              I don't have a switch but remember playing against you legends on the Wii U! I am in complete agreement with gaz...no possible way, short of a bug/glitch, (which immediately illegitemizes the score) that these scores could be real. I will be very interested in how this occurred, and what Zen can do about it.
                              Last edited by steven120566; 02-24-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...