Thread: Leaderboard observation and request

Default Leaderboard observation and request

I noticed something today while taking a number one on Jurassic Park Mayhem. Normally when you pause the game it will tell you the next target score. Well once I took over #1 it should say something like you have the highest score now try to improve it or something like that. However when I was sure I was number one then paused the game my next target score was 4 plus billion.

Now I know being on the Switch I can't see PS4 scores so I'm going to assume that the game was telling me there is a score of 4 billion on the PS4. I don't even know if that's number one over on the PS4 or I'm wrong. If this is true then I can still compete with the high scores on the PS4 even though I can't see the scores.

Could a PS4 member varify this for me and let me know at the very least what the top 5 scores are? Hoping I found a bit of a way to see if my scores and others are truly number one.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

The current high score is 8 billion with 2nd place at 4 billion during normal play and 2 billion during classic mode.

Seems weird to me that the system would have access to the high scores on a competitors leaderboard, if indeed that is what you are looking at, yet not display that information directly.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 02-27-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

I have wondered where these scores are from as when I have beat the top scores on some tables then looked at the pause menu, sometimes it will show my current score or a higher one. I am on Xbox One and have show all scores set to on.

Thanks! I suspected that was the case. Thought it was odd that I still had a score to chase. So even though I can't see the scores I know I'm not truly number one now. Got a lot of work to do. The problem is if I do over take a score the only way I could ever know if I keep it is to get a higher score. I guess I'll just be happy for #1 on my boards for now.

Another observation I made was in the tournaments. If you look on the main screen where you select a tournament you will see the total number of players but if you select the tournament the number changes taking out the other scores you can't see.

So now my question to Zen is if I win a tournament on my boards yet I'm actually only in 4th place is that where I end up even though I show I won? That would be pretty unfair to me not seeing all the scores I need to beat if that was the case.

I usually goto http://www.pinballfx.com and select the tournaments tab. From there it will display all current scores for active tournaments and you can view past top tens.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 02-27-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheM101 View Post
    I usually goto http://www.pinballfx.com and select the tournaments tab. From there it will display all current scores for active tournaments and you can view past top tens.
    He could just goto that link................or, he could just allow me to post, "Unaltered, factual and true, non photoshopped" images directly from the Playstation network and not just a product of my warped sense of humor.

sucks.jpg

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    He could just goto that link................or, he could just allow me to post, "Unaltered, factual and true, non photoshopped" images directly from the Playstation network and not just a product of my warped sense of humor.

sucks.jpg
    LOL. Shame I can't post mine because I don't need photoshop. Not quite a zillion though.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 02-27-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Lol......I think.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Lol......I think.....
    Aw, your awesome dude and you know it. Just messing around.

LOL. Shame I can't post mine because I don't need photoshop. Not quite a zillion though.
    I'm sitting here now looking at one of your scores you just took out of mine and wondering if I want to try and take it back lol. The 5 minute Mayhem one if you were wondering.

I'm sitting here now looking at one of your scores you just took out of mine and wondering if I want to try and take it back lol. The 5 minute Mayhem one if you were wondering.
    I got like 3 or so #1's anymore and a dozen in top 5...............Knock yourself out bro. If I get in the mood I'll try and overtake it. Too hard to maintain the top places anymore.

Go for it. That's what scores are for, good competition! �� What is your gamer tag or just a hint?

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    I got like 3 or so #1's anymore and a dozen in top 5...............Knock yourself out bro. If I get in the mood I'll try and overtake it. Too hard to maintain the top places anymore.
    I agree with that statement. I'm happy with the top 5 but if I believe I can be #1 I will try for it. Right now at least on my side of the Leaderboards including challenges I have about 8 or 9. I'm sure that's far less if any on the PS4 side. I'm just happy I have more scores to compete with as when I had only the Wii U I was #1 on over half the tables at one point.

Go for it. That's what scores are for, good competition! �� What is your gamer tag or just a hint?
    Spoonytech.

Spoonytech.
    So i take it you can see my scores, yet i can't see yours!. So if anyone can clarify again which platforms can see other platforms scores?

So i take it you can see my scores, yet i can't see yours!. So if anyone can clarify again which platforms can see other platforms scores?
    Hey there,
    let me clear this situation really fast:
    Steam sees everybody
    Windows and Xbox see each other, Steam and Switch
    PS sees Switch and Steam
    Switch should see everybody, but it has its own match up.
    Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by hajdu View Post
    Hey there,
    let me clear this situation really fast:
    Steam sees everybody
    Windows and Xbox see each other, Steam and Switch
    PS sees Switch and Steam
    Switch should see everybody, but it has its own match up.
    Hope this helps!
    So if I'm understanding this correctly, me being on Xbox I should be able to see Spoonytec's scores on Switch and he should be able to see PS4 scores or my brains not working today.

So if I'm understanding this correctly, me being on Xbox I should be able to see Spoonytec's scores on Switch and he should be able to see PS4 scores or my brains not working today.
    Hey,
    yeah, you are correct!

Hey,
    yeah, you are correct!
    Well I know for sure I'm not seeing PS4 scores. I do believe I see everybody else.

I took over you 2.1 billion score on JP Mayhem last night at 2.6 billion so what place are you in on that table if you can't see me?

Hey,
    yeah, you are correct!
    Thanks Hadju but the problem is Tech101 isn't seeing PS4 as in his top post and I am not seeing his on Switch!

I took over you 2.1 billion score on JP Mayhem last night at 2.6 billion so what place are you in on that table if you can't see me?
    Top spot.
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 02-27-2018 at 04:11 PM.

It would seem these leaderboards are more messed up then Zen thought. I hope this info can be taken to the right people so we can all see more of the scores. I don't mind falling back a few spots if I can see all the scores.

Plus we already know cantankerous can't see my scores on the PS4. He even posted a screen shot recently where my score should've been there yet it wasn't.

Plus we already know cantankerous can't see my scores on the PS4. He even posted a screen shot recently where my score should've been there yet it wasn't.
    I have both systems and no scores from either system are seen on the other.

Also wondering why Nintendo Switch users can not download demo versions of the tables.

When I had beat my current top score I went to the pause menu and it had "next target score" of 2,655,856,546 which I presume is yours, yet you don't show on leaderboard.

When I had beat my current top score I went to the pause menu and it had "next target score" of 2,655,856,546 which I presume is yours, yet you don't show on leaderboard.
    Sounds about right. If you beat my score the next will be 4 billion something posted above by cantankerous.

So all this time when I had thought that I was in 1st place then relaxing and moving on to another table, I still had scores to chase.
    Well that's one sure way to deflate someone's ego in one fowl swoop Zen! Well I suppose that's more pinball for me then!

I'm sure missing water as a Captcha now!
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 02-27-2018 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Keep putting Captcha in title.Doh

So all this time when I had thought that I was in 1st place then relaxing and moving on to another table, I still had scores to chase.
    Well that's one sure way to deflate someone's ego in one fowl swoop Zen! Well I suppose that's more pinball for me then!

I'm sure missing water as a Captcha now!
    Would you like to know if some of your number ones are actual #1's on my leaderboards? Mind you we don't have Marvel or Star Wars yet. You are at the top 10 on most of the tables I can see. There's another good Switch owner that has more number ones then me and that's Gaz and he posts here all the time. Sadly you might not have as many as you think as I'm not even sure if I have one lol.

Would you like to know if some of your number ones are actual #1's on my leaderboards? Mind you we don't have Marvel or Star Wars yet. You are at the top 10 on most of the tables I can see. There's another good Switch owner that has more number ones then me and that's Gaz and he posts here all the time. Sadly you might not have as many as you think as I'm not even sure if I have one lol.
    Not sure that I need to know at the moment. I'm quite happy here now mumbling and rocking in the corner. Thanks anyway!

Not sure that I need to know at the moment. I'm quite happy here now mumbling and rocking in the corner. Thanks anyway!
    No worries. Once I've beaten both of you I will gladly post the images from both systems. I'm cool like that.