A Question for Pinball FX3 Cabinet Users...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the_greeze
    • Nov 2015

A Question for Pinball FX3 Cabinet Users...

...how many times have you had to enter your cabinet activation code (the one that would have been emailed to you)?

On my cab, after every reboot or switch-on, I am asked by Pinball FX3 to (re)enter the activation code. Never had this with PBFX2. It'll play all day once entered and I can exit the program and restart it without being prompted for it again but if I reboot the PC, it wants the code again.

This can't be the norm, can it?!? Seems kinda ridiculous for 'cabinet mode' where I don't have a keyboard handy...
  • the_greeze
    • Nov 2015

I have found that running PBFX3 from PinballX works around this issue. PBFX3 asks for the activation code only if I run it straight from the desktop.

Sorta happy with that I guess... <shrug>

Comment

• kencaine
      • Dec 2017

I have had to enter it numerous times, not every day though. I can't understand why we need to keep reentering it. It should be stored in the registry, at least in Windows. I am running on the Windows 10.

Comment

• Chili
        Community Representative
        • Mar 2018

Hey,

Thanks for submitting this, I will inform our developers about the issue.

Do you remember when did you first recognized this issue?

Thanks,

Chili

Comment

• the_greeze
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Chili
          Hey,

Thanks for submitting this, I will inform our developers about the issue.

Do you remember when did you first recognized this issue?

Thanks,

Chili
          If that's aimed at me, then I noticed it the second time I turned on my cab after installing PBFX3.

Comment

• kencaine
            • Dec 2017

I have seen it most times when there is a steam update. Although, I think this weekend it happened out of the blue.

Comment

• GeekDadKevin
              • Nov 2016

So, my issue is this - all of my cabinet settings are voided when I first load up Pinball FX3 from a fresh boot. If I close Pinball FX3 and reopen it - it then knows I have the cabinet code and functions exactly as I would expect (minus the rogue one continuation bit). Loading from Pinball X (or the command line for a single table) runs fine but I sometimes enjoy playing hotseat or other modes. I doubt it matters but I got my code from FX2 and I'm still using the same code.

Comment

• Jamman39
                • Jun 2014

This is happening to me too

Fwiw it didn't start immediately after the update. It started after I updated fx3, then uninstalled fx2

Comment

• hunter328
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Apr 2012

This is off topic but still a question for cabinet owners:
                  Can you run the game on a cabinet set up using a PS4 or is it computer only? I’ve never looked to see if there’s an option on PS4 to change the screen orientation.
                  Thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

• digitalpowertrip
                    • Mar 2018

I'm having this issue too. Every single time I turn on the machine. I have to put in the code. There has to be a way to fix this.

Comment

Working...