Thread: Request for custom MP3-support

Lightbulb Request for custom MP3-support

Hi,

for me and many others, the original soundtrack is an important part of a licensed table. But I do see that you´re selling each table at a low price, around 3$ per table, and that original scores can be very expensive. Even hiring a composer for a similar soundtrack can be expensive. So here is my suggestion...:

Do not include original or custom made soundtracks but instead give us the option to play a custom soundfile with each table! This way you can decrease your costs massively, increase the income and we can play whatever music we want to with each table. I´m sure you have enough licensed soundtracks that you could reuse and deliver the tables by default with.

And yes, I´m aware that we could just play some music in the background using a media player and switch back and forth. But that´s just not the same like having a real autoplay-feature - especially for cabinet users!

As I see it, this only has benefits for everyone

Best regards,
    Nupsi

I like this idea as well and would also like a 'kid friendly' mode for the speech. Taking out some language that is inappropriate for young players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupsi View Post
    Hi,

for me and many others, the original soundtrack is an important part of a licensed table. But I do see that you´re selling each table at a low price, around 3$ per table, and that original scores can be very expensive. Even hiring a composer for a similar soundtrack can be expensive. So here is my suggestion...:

Do not include original or custom made soundtracks but instead give us the option to play a custom soundfile with each table! This way you can decrease your costs massively, increase the income and we can play whatever music we want to with each table. I´m sure you have enough licensed soundtracks that you could reuse and deliver the tables by default with.

And yes, I´m aware that we could just play some music in the background using a media player and switch back and forth. But that´s just not the same like having a real autoplay-feature - especially for cabinet users!

As I see it, this only has benefits for everyone

Best regards,
    Nupsi
    The idea is nice, but aren't you afraid it will impact the atmosphere? Sometime particular game-modes of their own tracks to accompany the mode. This effect would be lost.
    https://www.arnauddeklerk.com <- Find out more about me!
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Play Amiga & MSX Pinball games online

Quote Originally Posted by tfhfony View Post
    The idea is nice, but aren't you afraid it will impact the atmosphere? Sometime particular game-modes of their own tracks to accompany the mode. This effect would be lost.
    That´s indeed an issue and for sure I would miss this feature. But playing the Back to the Future-, Jurassic Park- and E.T.-Tables with the OST is just so much more fun that it´s worth this little price! You may try it for yourself and deactivate the music in PFX3 while keep Yt open in the background playing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-1LA_xiS-o

@ZEN STUDIOS
    The possibility to disable the music from the commandline, i.e. "-nomusic", would be enough to do this with a little scripting on our own!

Thanks in advance,
    Nupsi

I am more interested in the game than the mega bucks movie, I much prefer Castle Storm, Rome, Son of Zeus etc as the cut scenes in the movie based tables seem so slow and I'm really not interested in in watching, I want to participate! I'd buy more tables and Zen would make more money as I can well imagine the royalties are horrendous for the blockbuster based tables!