Thread: Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ Pinball Coming to Pinball FX3!

Default Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™ Pinball Coming to Pinball FX3!

We are excited to announce that our newest Pinball FX3 table release is one you can add to your Star Wars Pinball collection! Featuring “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” and “Star Wars: Ahch-To Island,” the Star Wars™ Pinball: The Last Jedi™ pack is coming to PS4, Xbox One, Windows 10, Steam, iOS, Mac and Android on April 17, 2018.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Survive a First Order onslaught as the Resistance, train Rey in the ways of the Force on Ahch-To, and defend Finn from Captain Phasma, blasting away at stormtroopers as BB-8. Jump a ramp to shoot down TIE fighters, fight off Kylo Ren’s TIE Silencer, and teach Rey that the Force isn’t just moving rocks!

Star Wars: Ahch-To Island – Luke Skywalker (reluctantly) welcomes you to his secluded hideaway. Train Rey in the ways of the Force, convince Luke to join the Resistance and help Chewbacca deal with some Porg problems. You’ll even get a taste of everyday life on the island as Luke, including reminiscing about his Rebellion days through R2-D2’s hologram projections. And when the lights go off during a multiball mode? Let’s just hope the Force is with you…

As we celebrate five years of making Star Wars Pinball tables—soon to total 16!—we are reminded of your continued support over the years. Thank you!

This had better be Switch bound or you will get backlash from Nintendo fans once again. Your only excuse is your rebuilding the tables for the summer.

What's the reason why Star Wars and Marvel are not on the Switch?? C Ant be licensing issues as you clearly still hold the license.

Excited................I love new tables on my ps4.............not really feeling it on my switches until the summer update. Sorry, Im an old guy and the pixels are kind of blurry at times at that framerate and well, I have a 52 inch monitor on my ps4 at 1080p and when I turn on the switch the framerate and resolution are far worse on the same monitor...............not knocking your efforts Im certain much of that has to do with the limited power of the switch, but still waiting for the level cap update which, not being a coder, but seems relatively easy in comparison to completely rebuilding every single table as you guys said needs to be done in order to get every table to 60 fps. Trying to be optimistic after waiting 3 months for what seems a relatively easy update.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 03-29-2018 at 01:30 PM.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    What's the reason why Star Wars and Marvel are not on the Switch?? C Ant be licensing issues as you clearly still hold the license.
    It's most likely is licensing.

Licensing contacts can be a fickle thing, especially when you are dealing with a big company like Disney. If the existing contact doesn't clearly list the console, then they can't make the tables available for that platform. The real question is how much is Disney asking to amend/update the contract?

Disney knows that the Switch is a hot item and you know they are going to take advantage of that fact in the negotiations with Zen.

Star Wars hype! Last Jedi was a given but a second table? A very good surprise.

Gotta ask Zen though, will we ever get SW I, II & III tables? Seems weird we've been blessed with so many Star Wars themed tables but a third of the main films are yet to be featured.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    It's most likely is licensing.

Licensing contacts can be a fickle thing, especially when you are dealing with a big company like Disney. If the existing contact doesn't clearly list the console, then they can't make the tables available for that platform. The real question is how much is Disney asking to amend/update the contract?

Disney knows that the Switch is a hot item and you know they are going to take advantage of that fact in the negotiations with Zen.
    No offense and I know you're just trying to help but I would like to hear what Zen has to say. If they can or are willing to do anything about it or are they just content to leave the Switch where it's at table wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    indeed. When the force Awakens table came out there was a second table along with it that came to be on of my favorites. Might of the first Order has become one of my favorite SW tables. That and Starfighter assault, Masters of the Force. All those tables that weren't based on the actual movies/tv series. No diss to deep who makes great tables. I'm thinking this one is made by Deep.

No pics of the second table?

Link to blog for more pics. https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=8022 Who designed the second table. I see that Deep indeed designed The last Jedi Table.
    Last edited by Sgt_Tenor; 03-29-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post

Gotta ask Zen though, will we ever get SW I, II & III tables? Seems weird we've been blessed with so many Star Wars themed tables but a third of the main films are yet to be featured.
    I would love a prequels pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Tenor View Post
    indeed. When the force Awakens table came out there was a second table along with it that came to be on of my favorites. Might of the first Order has become one of my favorite SW tables. That and Starfighter assault, Masters of the Force. All those tables that weren't based on the actual movies/tv series. No diss to deep who makes great tables. I'm thinking this one is made by Deep.

No pics of the second table?

Link to blog for more pics. https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=8022 Who designed the second table. I see that Deep indeed designed The last Jedi Table.
    David 'ndever' Szucs did "Ahch-To Island" and Deep did TLJ! Also, more pictures and such will be released until April 17th

Regarding the Switch, we would love to include more tables and make the library bigger. I don't have any news about that though.

Come on Dude, I like you as well as anyone, and ya, I can be frank, but you just responded 3 times and didnt say anything. I love you guys, truly, but your previous mod told me you guys were working on something to appease the community about the level cap and same old blah, blah, blah............still 3 months later nothing and now your talking about fixing the switch issues, which was stated to entail rebuilding every single table in order to reach 60fps and its supposed to be out sometime this summer, so assuming before September. The game is currently unplayable to me on the switch and I want to buy every table and poop and play like everyone else in portable mode, but if you guys cant even fix some coding, related to the level cap and frankly how hard can that be compared to recoding every single table to get the frame rate maxed out? Im curiously optimistic and yet, having waited 3 months for just some code changed in the way the network works, not really that optimistic.
    Last edited by cantankerous--; 03-29-2018 at 03:29 PM.

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

I am sorry. This is is inexcusable and a slap in the face to Switch owners. I don't care what the reason is. You are basically putting this on all current platforms except for one. I sort of get it for older games, but not for new ones. Getting these 'licensing' issues fixed should be priority ONE!
    Terrible.

+1

Will this pack be part of a star wars bundle??
    Check my gameplay streams at MigLea85

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Excited................I love new tables on my ps4.............not really feeling it on my switches until the summer update. Sorry, Im an old guy and the pixels are kind of blurry at times at that framerate and well, I have a 52 inch monitor on my ps4 at 1080p and when I turn on the switch the framerate and resolution are far worse on the same monitor...............not knocking your efforts Im certain much of that has to do with the limited power of the switch, but still waiting for the level cap update which, not being a coder, but seems relatively easy in comparison to completely rebuilding every single table as you guys said needs to be done in order to get every table to 60 fps. Trying to be optimistic after waiting 3 months for what seems a relatively easy update.
    Thanks cantankerous!

We are working on the 60fps patch, hopefully it'll be awesome!

Very reasonable request with the level cap, hope we can surprise you soon

Quote Originally Posted by MigLea85 View Post
    Will this pack be part of a star wars bundle??
    That's yet to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    That's yet to be seen.
    I don't have any star wars tables yet, so I will buy the biggest bundle available when this one get out.
    Check my gameplay streams at MigLea85

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

Very reasonable request with the level cap, hope we can surprise you soon
    Got my fingers crossed bro

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    This had better be Switch bound or you will get backlash from Nintendo fans once again. Your only excuse is your rebuilding the tables for the summer.

I’m guessing but I would think that it would have to do licensing, maybe the license is just for certain platforms or there’s a conflict with someone else having licensing rights on Nintendo, I don’t know. But it wouldn’t make sense to me that if Zen did have the rights to put those tables on Nintendo consoles that they wouldn’t for any reason as they would definitely sell. So it seems most likely to me that the ball isn’t in Zen’s hands on this one as it would make no sense for them not to release the tables if they could.

Awesome that new table are coming out come mid-April. Great job!! Wish you would start adding three achievements per table. Looking at True Achievement degree of difficult: like a 3.4, a 5.5 and a 7.5 or higher. It would certainly make the tables more interesting. Many of the achievements that are no longer available via FX2 would be welcomed (and then some), to those same tables that were migrated to FX3 but had their achievement altered.

All I can say is, the Ahch-To Island table had better have a mode where you milk a giant sea-cow...

I bought, downloaded and installed the new tables on my PS4 and they are still marked as COMING SOON in the game!

I too purchased The Last Jedi tables on Steam, and they are not showing up in-game, even after a restart of Steam. I also never saw the game auto-update like it usually does prior to new tables being released. A little frustrating.....

Hey guys! Thanks for purchasing our new tables! We are so excited for that! A little be later on it will be totally available to play on PS4 and also on Steam! Thanks for your patience! Appreciate all of your support!

Is there no wizard mode for The Last Jedi table? I completed all the missions and the table just reset,

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Is there no wizard mode for The Last Jedi table? I completed all the missions and the table just reset,
    Actually the scene 6 is the wizard mode. However you can start it from the beginning of the game, if you do this it will add only 2 more balls. But if you complete more scenes before you start it, they will add one more ball per scene into play in scene 6. So you can start it with 8-balls for much higher scores.

Thanks for the clarification, deep.

Played the Ahch-To table, popped achievement and got the pop up screen to show it... Only to finish game to see it had not registered in either the game nor my ganertag. Not happy :-(

Zen are the most incompetent developers I know when it comes to releasing content with achievements working, I always check trueachievements to see if they are live before starting.

Great job Zen! Nice to have a few new tables. Really enjoying Ahch-To, colorful table, love the night & day gameplay.

I puzzled that after all of the work that Zen puts into the tables, people are upset that the achievement doesn't post properly... <shrugs>
    Last edited by JaySTeeY; 04-18-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantBomb View Post
    Zen are the most incompetent developers I know when it comes to releasing content with achievements working, I always check trueachievements to see if they are live before starting.
    Yeah, I'm not touching them again till they're fixed. Dissapointed.

Thank you for the new tables. I got to try them out last night.
    Hit wizard mode on the Last Jedi (I think I got up to #17 on the leaderboards at the time). You really packed a lot into this table, and so far, it's definitely one of my fave Star Wars tables. That long, looping shot from the leftmost lane did drain my ball down the middle a couple of times.

Only played Ahch-To Island a couple of times before bed. Haven't read the table guide yet, so probably need to do that to get a decent score

Not buying them untill they fix the slowdown issues on the PS4. It's been over 7 months now.

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...-PS4-Slowdowns
    Last edited by tfhfony; 04-18-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    https://www.file-hunter.com <- Find out more about me, and play Amiga & MSX games online

I can’t buy the 2 new or update 1 due to some software purchase? I’m on an iPhone never had a problem before and have all the other tables. What is up is this a glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Actually the scene 6 is the wizard mode. However you can start it from the beginning of the game, if you do this it will add only 2 more balls. But if you complete more scenes before you start it, they will add one more ball per scene into play in scene 6. So you can start it with 8-balls for much higher scores.
    Yes I've experienced that I think. Didn't read the rules but I would think the wizard mode is when you get the stone balls is that correct? Also I think whe you finish the wizard mode, you have to actually complete the modes to continue. Is that also correct?