Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheaters: kthula666, Ardenwolfe and !!!!!!

Ah, come on Zen
    At least remove the recognized losers…

This thread was started 4 months ago. I think everyone, Zen included, agrees these scores are not legitimate. Why haven't they been removed yet? I get that Zen wanted to 'monitor' these players, but isn't 4 months enough time? Sad.

I can't agree more. MuddyWolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
    This thread was started 4 months ago. I think everyone, Zen included, agrees these scores are not legitimate. Why haven't they been removed yet? I get that Zen wanted to 'monitor' these players, but isn't 4 months enough time? Sad.
    What's even worse is these scores have been there for closer to a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    What's even worse is these scores have been there for closer to a year.
    Kind of makes me wonder having posted a bogus score now myself on the mimban table if something similar with different circumstances obviously because of the all 000,000's occured with them considering that if you take the time to look, at least !!!!!! and Kthula666 both have seemingly legitimate scores posted as well and each is surprisingly good.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    Kind of makes me wonder having posted a bogus score now myself on the mimban table if something similar with different circumstances obviously because of the all 000,000's occured with them considering that if you take the time to look, at least !!!!!! and Kthula666 both have seemingly legitimate scores posted as well and each is surprisingly good.
    Don't go getting soft in your old age mate, those scores are a result of blatant cheating, not some kind of glitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TuttiDeLeon View Post
    Don't go getting soft in your old age mate, those scores are a result of blatant cheating, not some kind of glitch.
    I think the standard definition of blatant is different on the internet vs the legal definition is all Im saying. Zen themselves say they reviewed the scores and although they are obviously bogus they (Zen) stated they saw no wrong doing on the part of the members who submitted the scores. Now, I have no idea how intensive their investigation of the scores were or how much actual data they have at their disposal to look through is, but if Zen is modifying the servers and allowing some with version 1.0 and people with newly modified version 1.1 play on the same playing field at the same time it's easy to see how a condition might exist where odd, bogus scores might have been posted.

Ive said it over and over. Delete the bogus scores no matter whether intentionally posted with malicious intent or not. Figure it out on your own time Zen.
    Accomplishments in real life

1. Rolled a star wars machine................ie played over 99 levels and rolled it back to level 1.
    2. Rolled Nintendo punch out, several times, same quarter.
    3. Played an entire game of dragons lair and completed it and won while blindfolded.

Quote Originally Posted by cantankerous-- View Post
    I think the standard definition of blatant is different on the internet vs the legal definition is all Im saying. Zen themselves say they reviewed the scores and although they are obviously bogus they (Zen) stated they saw no wrong doing on the part of the members who submitted the scores. Now, I have no idea how intensive their investigation of the scores were or how much actual data they have at their disposal to look through is, but if Zen is modifying the servers and allowing some with version 1.0 and people with newly modified version 1.1 play on the same playing field at the same time it's easy to see how a condition might exist where odd, bogus scores might have been posted.

Ive said it over and over. Delete the bogus scores no matter whether intentionally posted with malicious intent or not. Figure it out on your own time Zen.
    Legal definition? Haha, I don't think legalities are an issue with regards to scores posted on a digital pinball game. I completely lost faith in Zen's ability to keep their leaderboards clean years ago when playing PBFX2 on the 360. The responses they've given in this thread about their strategy have been feeble @ best. I honestly don't think they care that much about these obviously phoney scores, & the community liason manager has been left with the undesirable task of spinning us all a bit of palatable rhetoric until we all just forget about the issue...which, clearly, we haven't as the same people have been posting in this thread (myself included) for months. I'll repeat your statement, as I agree entirely: Zen, kindly delete the bogus scores no matter whether intentionally posted with malicious intent or not. I'll be back in a month or two to pass remark on how nothing's been done, as usual!

Zen will fix their leaderboards the very same day they fix their tables, that's a given. Now hurry up and buy new ones, mind you!