Thread: Game exits every time on Pinball FX3 logo

Default Game exits every time on Pinball FX3 logo

Picked this game up on Steam a couple days and had been enjoying it quite a lot. I've bought a bunch of the table packs and had been experiencing no issues. Tonight, I had been playing just fine and decided to get some additional tables. I exited out and purchased the Marvel Original Pack and the Star Wars Heroes Within pack, and when I fired the game up to try them out, I found that as soon as the Pinball FX3 logo animation is shown, the cursor shows a loading spinner for a second and then i'm dropped back to desktop.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, i've tried deleting the Zen profile settings from My Documents, and i've tried rebooting, but I can't get any other result than being dropped to desktop at the Pinball FX3 logo. I've also tried simply starting up the game over and over, to see if maybe it was "it sometimes works, it sometimes doesn't" kind of thing, no with luck. Just really sucks that everything works great until I spend more money. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Running on Windows 10, if it matters.

Try playing the game offline and see if that works. It's possible that the game is having trouble connecting to Zen's server and is force closing the game when the connection fails.

Same here....

purchased 3 DLCs yesterday.... everything worked fine.... today i bought "Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles"...
    since then, the Game Exits without any Message when it comes to "loading Profile"

Running on Win 7 Pro

Try playing the game offline and see if that works. It's possible that the game is having trouble connecting to Zen's server and is force closing the game when the connection fails.
    Tried.... but it has no effect on the Issue
    Last edited by Kempstar; 06-29-2018 at 03:14 PM.

I posted this same message in the Steam forums to be sure I had adequate coverage for getting this issue resolved, and there are seven additional people having this exact problem there. Some- any- kind of acknowledgement from the developers would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Burzz; 06-30-2018 at 02:15 AM.

Just as an update, I tried switching to the beta branch but nothing changed. Also tried in offline mode, but it didn't work.
    Last edited by Burzz; 06-30-2018 at 02:16 AM.

Same problem here freezing at "Loading Profile". Reboot is not fixing it. I just got this game today and spent a bunch on tables. I was already upset when I found out I can't play cabinet mode and I'm waiting for some type of code. Then 2 hours later the program crashes every time. As a software developer myself you're making us all look bad.

ok.... at least something...

i removed (not deleted) the profile.dat from

C:\Users\User\Documents\Zen Studios\Profile backup\442120\76561197987385384

.... Started the game... it worked but my stats were gone.... quit the game...

moved the old file back and restarted..... worked so far.... we´ll see tomorrow..

Just in case Zen is reading this the above technique did not work for me. Burzz also reported in another thread it did not work for him which actually made me feel better cause I didn't want to be stuck as the only one that can't run it...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kempstar View Post
    ok.... at least something...

i removed (not deleted) the profile.dat from

C:\Users\User\Documents\Zen Studios\Profile backup\442120\76561197987385384

.... Started the game... it worked but my stats were gone.... quit the game...

moved the old file back and restarted..... worked so far.... we´ll see tomorrow..
    Tried this to no avail. This is definitely putting a damper on finishing my VPin table. I hope its resolved quickly. If it helps I'm running Win10 64bit, GTX 1050Ti GPU and an AMD FX-8120 3.1GHz CPU with 10gb of RAM(odd I know)

Hey Guys! Thanks for reporting this issue, we are already working on the solution. If anything changes please let us know! Thanks a lot guys!

Same issue here. Windows 10. Was in offline mode when this happened. I'm running it on another computer running Windows 7 offline and that's working fine.

Thanks Roadrunnerguy! I will forward this info to my colleagues! Have a nice day!

Same issue as everyone else, i installed and was playing fine on sunday the 1st and during my play i alt tabbed bought some more tables, and then carried on playing, all working fine, the next time i tried running had the same issue where it will autocrash on profile loading, have reinstalled numerous times, deleted my local account data run in compatibility mode etc all to no avail.

It seems there is some conflict with a certain table pack or something as after i bought a couple of tables/packs i can no longer play the game and it was working fine before but since those purchases it has never started again.

Just in case it is a problem with specific tables or packs, the ones I bought right before the problems started last Thursday were the Marvel Original Pack and the Star Wars Heroes Within pack.

The recent patch fixed the issue I was experiencing, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone at Zen Studios! I was really frustrated to have hit such a snag right after picking up dlc, but I appreciate the attention to the matter and getting it resolved. I decided to pick up all of the available tables and i've been having a blast. Are there any plans to release additional Zen branded tables? As much as I like seeing the licensed tables, some of my favorites are the Zen ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Burzz View Post
    The recent patch fixed the issue I was experiencing, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone at Zen Studios! I was really frustrated to have hit such a snag right after picking up dlc, but I appreciate the attention to the matter and getting it resolved. I decided to pick up all of the available tables and i've been having a blast. Are there any plans to release additional Zen branded tables? As much as I like seeing the licensed tables, some of my favorites are the Zen ones.
    Mine seems to be working again too.

The patch does´nt work for me (and others on Steam)
    The game still crashes at startup. The screen goes first green then black and then back to desktop.
    For some tables the Pinball FX3-loading screen shows up (Star Wars Ep6 e.g.) but then the game still crashes back to desktop.

System
    Win7/64bit
    GTX1080
    I7/6 Cores @3.2GHz

Maybe I should also mention that I use the cabinet-mode!
    Last edited by Nupsi; 07-05-2018 at 07:14 AM.

I have been having the same problem since July 3rd. I have send crash dumps also. I am on win 10, GTX1060, cabinet mode. Steam Fx3.
    Tried to delete profile, did not work. Even deleted the .exe and had steam reload, did not work.

Really frustrating.... Had a party and planning to show off these new games and Zen breaks the software for July 4th.....

They need a way to rollback...

How can a software company rollout software without a rollback plan if this occurs. Bugs happen, but you have to have a plan to deal with them..

1.0.14.222 still crashes when using a Multi monitor-setup When i deactivate all monitors except for one the game starts.
    Specs 2 posts above

And I do agree with ralans. You guys really need to test your software way better before releasing a new version. Also the update-frequency lately is way to fast to asure a descent quality! And for mayor problems like the last ones you guys really need a rollback-plan!

And here is a special wish for us cabinet-users: PLEASE give us the possibilty to choose if we want to update or not! Building a working cabinet is a LOT of work and with every update there is a lot to reconfigure like DOFLinx, which needs to be rebuild for every FX3-version which is pure madness.
    So please, please, with cherry on top, let us buy AND enjoy all of your awesome tables and don't force us to use a non-legal version someday just to be able to play the tables we paid for
    I own almost every table in FX2, FX3 and all FX2VR-tables and I would love to keep supporting you guys. That's why I don't wait for a sale but buy all new tables for the full price on release. But with every new version the problems we cabinet-users have to deal with are getting worse and worse

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Nupsi

Exclamation

Helloooo?! FX3 still crashes while using multi-monitor-setups and NO word from Zen on this matter! It´s now almost a week and FX3 still crashes And I´m not the only one. Take a look at the FX3-Communitys on Fb, Flippermarkt, VPinball etc. Cabinet-users are still not able to use FX3!

Specs (again):
    Win7/64
    Geforce GTX 1080
    FX3 1.0.14.22203P (latest build)

Banned

Hello
    Do not be tired
    Thankful
    that was perfect
    کرکره برقی