X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheSuperSanchez
    • Jul 2018

Camera Reset View Button Respawn Bug

Hey Zen!

So after purchasing your game as you know from @Chili 's reply in my last thread posting....loving the game by the way.

I found a bug in the controls. Applies to all modes of the game. (Except Training mode because you don't die)

So the reset view button, (on my control scheme it is the left stick) when pressed functions correctly.

Unfortunately. After I get destroyed by an enemy or bot, when you respawn the button does not function correctly.

It actually turns your robot character around....it's very disorienting!! It's cost me 100s of robot lives!!! It's actually fixated center as where your reticle is when you respawn. Which makes it impossible to recenter the camera correctly. Try it for yourself.

Please please fix this issue in a future patch.

I can play this game for only a few minutes before someone kills me....only to die once before the way I play the game breaks and causes me to die due to a coding error.

Thanks for all you do!

-Steve
    Last edited by TheSuperSanchez; 07-13-2018, 04:35 AM. Reason: Clarification which version & bug operation
  • TheSuperSanchez
    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by doorall
    Hello
    Do not be tired
    Thankful
    that was perfect
    کرکره برقی

What?! Lol

Comment

• Chili
      Community Representative
      • Mar 2018

Hey TheSuperSanchez!

Ok, we know what you mean: Disco Dodgeball uses this kind of method right now, where you are re-centered to face the center of the arena. We do take suggestions though, so added your alternate re-center methods to those. BTW we are so happy that you love the game and we highly appreciate your support!

Comment

• TheSuperSanchez
        • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Chili
        Hey TheSuperSanchez!

Ok, we know what you mean: Disco Dodgeball uses this kind of method right now, where you are re-centered to face the center of the arena. We do take suggestions though, so added your alternate re-center methods to those. BTW we are so happy that you love the game and we highly appreciate your support!
        No problem! Love gyro controlled games.

I understand that the method you just stated is functioning correctly.

But it still isn't.

It still is a bug, but just the other way around. If the method of input is centering camera to the arena is correct, then when you start the match it doesn't do this. It actually functions the way I want to play.

Which means at the start of matches it isn't working correctly until after you respawn. Which then the camera reset button is moving the camera to the center of the arena.

Please check this. You can try it out yourself. Its still functions differently after you die and respawn.

Thanks.

-Steve

Comment

• TheSuperSanchez
          • Jul 2018

Originally posted by TheSuperSanchez
          No problem! Love gyro controlled games.

I understand that the method you just stated is functioning correctly.

But it still isn't.

It still is a bug, but just the other way around. If the method of input is centering camera to the arena is correct, then when you start the match it doesn't do this. It actually functions the way I want to play.

Which means at the start of matches it isn't working correctly until after you respawn. Which then the camera reset button is moving the camera to the center of the arena.

Please check this. You can try it out yourself. Its still functions differently after you die and respawn.

Thanks.

-Steve

Okay so I looked into this more when I came home from work.

And I have discovered if you push the view toggle button (R) after you respawn it functions the way I want to play like it functions in training.

If you don't push the view toggle button at all after you respawn it behaves like the way you described. Which is odd. I don't like that option but at least I found a work around to the issue.

It's odd behavior for sure. But if centering your bot to the arena is always suppose to be the case when using the Reset view button, then I'm at a loss. Haha.

But at least I can actually play the game like I want to now. Sorry for all the post and replies. I just really like this game and now I'm going to play it at least once a day. Hahaha.

Thanks for tunes and this amazing game!

Comment

Working...