Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GPA Kevin
    • Jun 2009

Disconnected

Keep getting disconnected right at the beginning of matches, or a few seconds in. First couple of games went fine and now nothing. Any ideas?
    Join the Global Punisher Army - GlobalPunisherArmy.com
  • Darth Moose
    • Jul 2009

Its nothing on your end, alot of people are having this problem, sometimes i'll go an hour or two with out any difficullty then all of a sudden I get extreme lag, disconnected form the server, controls become unresponsive or my ps3 will freze forcing me to restart. The only thing we can do is list our probalems here and wait for a response or word of a patch which will hopefully soon or alot of people will lose interst in this great title. I'm really ejoying the game but as the title says, no mercy, its starting to suit it. Because were not getting shown no mercy when it comes to the most enjoyable part of the game, the mutliplayer.

Comment

• dgabor
      Pinhead
      • Jun 2009

Hi, GPA Kevin!
      The game disconnects before you get in an online game. If the game disconnects during the loading screen, it loads the map, and informs you about the disconnect. If you have an unstable internet connection this can easily occur.
      Does this happen to you all the time?

Comment

• dgabor
        Pinhead
        • Jun 2009

Hi, Darth Moose! If you don't mind I would like to ask a few questions to collect some more information about this lag issue.
        - Where are you play from?
        - With regard to "i'll go an hour or two with out any difficullty then all of a sudden I get extreme lag, disconnected form the server, controls become unresponsive or my ps3 will freze forcing me to restart.":
        - Do you play with the same playlist/custom game/players all the time, or you exit games and join others?
        - How much time do you wait when the game becomes unresponsive/freezes? Less or more than a minute? Is there any visible artifact on screen?
        - "controls become unresponsible": When this occurs can you move, and if you can, can you shoot also?
        - When the game "all of a sudden" becomes laggy, does this happen when you enter a new playlist, or during gameplay?

Thanks the information in advance! We'd like to have all information we can about the issue, if you have additional details feel free to add

Comment

• GPA Kevin
          • Jun 2009

It doesn't load the map, typically, it just disconnects right from the load screen after several minutes of waiting. On one or two occasions it has loaded the map in observer mode with no disconnect message (I have to quit manually.) I have connected to matches in No Mercy since I made this post but it is still often difficult to find matches that don't disconnect.

I play other games online without issues all the time. I know the issue isn't on my side because when a No Mercy match fails to connect, the players that were in it all enter the next game I join (suggesting that a disconnected game creates "No Mercy refugees" looking for another match.)
          Last edited by GPA Kevin; 07-06-2009, 01:19 PM.
          Join the Global Punisher Army - GlobalPunisherArmy.com

Comment

• badazzsecdef_m3cHz95_IsMe
            • Jul 2009

Lousy Hosts will cause extreme lags, i myself cant even host an 8 player game without it knocking me off the PSN. Another thing, alot of the time ill enter a match lobby and it will black out and say "Connecting" and it will continue this untill i manage to back out, sometimes its so bad i have to quit the game to leave the lobby. And like the guy before me i doubt its my end, i host matches on plenty of other games without this issue, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009, Resident Evil vs Mode, Bomberman Ultra, ect.. Hope you guys fix this soon. Games awesome, all exept for this issue.

Comment

Working...