Thread: Earth Defense Table! STRATEGY GUIDE PLS?

Default Earth Defense Table! STRATEGY GUIDE PLS?

Earth Defense Table!

PLEASE

I cant make over 10mil... i am hitting ramps... try to hit where the light is... but i get score like 10.000 and around that.. i need over 10 minutes of gameplay to score around 10 mill.. please any guide....

Quote Originally Posted by mofoslo View Post
    Earth Defense Table!

PLEASE

I cant make over 10mil... i am hitting ramps... try to hit where the light is... but i get score like 10.000 and around that.. i need over 10 minutes of gameplay to score around 10 mill.. please any guide....

I wrote a trophy guide, found here.

If links aren't permitted, I'll post it here aswell.

Cheers

KickBeaten Down

Linking to other sites with Zen Pinball info is permitted and encouraged! Thanks for taking the time to write this guide, Steviej!

I need help on "never give up". You said it was an easy one, but I'd be happy to trade it with at least 4 silvers. I couldn't hit the rescue hole within this time frame if my life depended on it. I tried with a fully unlocked subway, but it doesn't seem to work during invasion or am I doing something wrong?

I hate this table with a passion, I'm not even gonna try the silver. Some things are challenging and others are just stupid.

Ok, I've been trying for hours now, this is the most annoying thing in the history of gaming. The fact you have to wait between tries about 1 minute, even if you make 2 shots to reduce the time, doesn't help either. Once you mess up the first shot it's nearly impossible to catch up and the damn robot keeps shooting the balls off my flipper while I'm aiming. What the hell ZEN, I really liked the other tables and they're not easy either, but this is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Gegliosch; 06-17-2010 at 12:37 AM.

First get somewhat comfortable with the shot to the rescue hole with the bottom right flipper before going for the trophy (use the time you wait for the invasion to begin for practice shots or something). If you hit it dead on, it only seems to have about 50/50 chance of actually dropping in the hole. If the ball doesn't go in, start spamming the top left flipper. (or aim to the hole if you can) It still doesnt guarantee the ball will drop, but it doesn't hurt your chances

The subway hole cannot replace the rescue hole during invasion (or during panic MB either). But for all the rest, it can. Added it to the guide now... Sorry

Although you have to wait at least a minute every time, if you're only going for the trophy, you only need to pull off 1-3 shots to get it. Hence why I called it easy...
    Last edited by steviej; 06-17-2010 at 04:17 AM.

Thanks for the advice and clarifying the subway thing. I see that it's only a matter of time due to being a single shot, but damn, I've wasted 5 hours so far... in this time I completed every trophy for 2 other tables. I'll try again this evening.

Although the shot is very hard and somewhat random, it's not my main complaint. I'm mad about the ridiculous time limit on the whole challenge, you have basically 1 attempt to nail it and the rest is just there to mock you. The balls launch in such quick succession that you basically have another one in play before you get the last in a caught position to even make that shot (and when you finally have, he shoots it off Oo). I managed to hit this hole twice during one invasion and was immediately at 3 balls again, it's furiating.

Sorry for the rant, but it has to go somewhere, this table is the bloody antichrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegliosch View Post
    ... this table is the bloody antichrist.
    LOL ! I still have no idea what is going on with that table. I did something right last night (ZP-2) and ended up with 400M or something. My high score before that was 29M I can't see the guide posted (at work, game-site filter) so hopefully I can read it later at home and figure it out. I agree with your thoughts on this table which is too bad because the music and effects are cool. The left ramp in ZP2 is brutal if you don't make it all the way up. Are there any guides on this forum for ED ?
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    LOL ! I still have no idea what is going on with that table. I did something right last night (ZP-2) and ended up with 400M or something. My high score before that was 29M I can't see the guide posted (at work, game-site filter) so hopefully I can read it later at home and figure it out. I agree with your thoughts on this table which is too bad because the music and effects are cool. The left ramp in ZP2 is brutal if you don't make it all the way up. Are there any guides on this forum for ED ?
    Unfortunately, there is no guide available. STTC made one, but Zen continues to sit on it.

Here are some tips though.

- The Air Strike multiball mode is most likely where you are getting your high score from. The jackpot value can be increased (by holes and most ramp shots) to 100 million points. You can only collect the jackpot via the center ramp (next to the five blue drop down targets).

- The left ramp is far less brutal on ZP2. If the ball fails to go up the ramp, just lift the left flipper up. The ball will always bounce off the tip of the flipper. On ZP1, it always went straight down the middle, whether the flipper was up or down.

- Check out the Zen Pinball trophy guide. The "Leader of the resistance" trophy goes though all of the table's missions and modes.
    Last edited by shogun00; 09-17-2012 at 02:50 PM.

thanks shogun. If that is the money-maker for this table, how do you go about activating it?
    Check out my youtube videos for basic pinball strategies: caperUnderscore26

Quote Originally Posted by caper_26 View Post
    thanks shogun. If that is the money-maker for this table, how do you go about activating it?
    Shoot the (lit) left and right ramps several times. This will increase the "Military AI", decrease the "Treat Level" and light up the Air Strike Multiball (ie it increases moral).

trying to hit the 2 red targets to activate the red lady rescue on left and right seems impossible tried everything but i just can't. Without extra balls i will never be able to do it because my ball goes between the flippers everytime lol