Thread: Excalibur table harder than the rest?

Default Excalibur table harder than the rest?

What is it about the Excalibur table that makes it harder than the other Zen Pinball tables? Is the geometry that different? Are the bumpers above the flippers positioned differently? I like the table, but it almost always puts me in a bad mood.

This is the only excalibur thread I found, so it might as well go in here:

I have trouble completing defender of camelot. Getting into the playfield is easy, hitting the opposing target and catching the ball with the same flipper as well. I don't know how to switch sides though. I'm supposed to get rid of them all at once right? Or is it just surviving for some time? Any advice on tactics and shots? Like should I shoot the guarded target twice in rapid succession or wait until he moves?

Nevermind, I got it by mindlessly juggling the ball and I got lucky with the rescue hole on earth defense as well. Maybe you should add a little more info to your guide, it wasn't really clear to me that I just had to survive for a period of time.

Anyway, only silvers left. I tried to get the one for V12 with the crankshaft upgrade and it certainly seems to be the most doable, because it reduces the time I have to play this awful table. I don't get why you would create a table that drains the ball through the left outlane after basically every important shot 50% of the time and ironically even more often when you attempt to activate the kickback for it. I swear I spent huge amounts of time just activating the kickback and using it immediately after... this is as stupid as it sounds and it awards this table the award for the second worst design after earth defense.

If I remember correctly, keeping your top left flipper lifted (or at the very least using it to avoid outlane drains) will make things a lot easier on v12.

As for earth defense, I thought that table was the most forgiving one of all. Only a handfull of situations can lead to ball drains, and most of them can be avoided. But it's probably all personal preference. Leader of the Resistance is hard though... But I'm sure you'll manage with some practice.

Good luck on getting the silvers!

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    If I remember correctly, keeping your top left flipper lifted (or at the very least using it to avoid outlane drains) will make things a lot easier on v12.
    I actively used it, but you can still get unhittable balls very often. While the crankshaft is definitely an easy one, after some experimenting, I decided to go with tires instead and did it first try. I bet I could do over 1k left ramp shots in a row without draining the ball, you get into some kind of trance after a while :P

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    Good luck on getting the silvers!
    Thanks, but it's probably getting harder from now on. Only ones left are Ninja Gaiden, Shaman, Tesla and Earth Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegliosch View Post
    Thanks, but it's probably getting harder from now on. Only ones left are Ninja Gaiden, Shaman, Tesla and Earth Defense.
    Yup, those will really put you close to the edge

Have fun with the Earthquake on Shaman, Lightning on Tesla, Chapter 3 on Ninja Gaiden and the Invasion messing things up on Earth Defense

Gegleosh

You can switch sides on any table like this.

Just let the ball roll down the flipper then quickly pull up on the controller with both hands (tilt)
    the ball will ALWAYS bounce to the other flipper and you can control it like this.

this trick has been around since 1992.

I wonder why you're telling me, I read my posts again and didn't see where I complained about getting the ball on the wrong flipper.

I do this all the time, but I put the nudge on my left analog stick to be able to do death saves. When I tried with the motion sensor, I couldn't nudge hard and precise enough to make it work and it's way too much of a hassle to get your body moving out of a sudden :P

Yeah iv been smashing excalibur for a while now. its mostly hard.
    but very rewarding.