Thread: How are people getting 1 billion scores?

Question How are people getting 1 billion scores?

I can get about 20 million on a good day, after about 30 minutes or so. I realize I am not a god at this game, but I think I do well, and I am able to rescue the ball. How are people getting 1 billion scores? Are these legit? Are people exploiting some sort of glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by glowprince View Post
    I can get about 20 million on a good day, after about 30 minutes or so. I realize I am not a god at this game, but I think I do well, and I am able to rescue the ball. How are people getting 1 billion scores? Are these legit? Are people exploiting some sort of glitch?
    Know the table and all its features by heart, commit to always enabling the available safety features, figure out the safest and biggest scoring shots and practice, practice, practice...

Trust me, those scores are legit. Although some of them have most likely been grinded out by shooting the same ramps over and over again...

The fun way to score high would be completing the story-missions, multiballs, etc... Check out the rule sheets or the trophy guides for some pointers.

1 billion is a lot and hard to imagine, but some people scored over 11 billion. Considering the amount of time this would take and the fact you aren't allowed to save, makes them hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegliosch View Post
    1 billion is a lot and hard to imagine, but some people scored over 11 billion. Considering the amount of time this would take and the fact you aren't allowed to save, makes them hard to believe.

Well I'm no pinball wizard, but I've managed to score in the 100's of millions on every table (except for earth defense) just by going for the trophies, not even thinking about highscores...

If you complete all the missions on Shaman and El dorado for instance, you'll go in a mode where every target scores so high, you'll get 100m points in a matter of minutes...

Or on V12, I think it's the left ramp (been a while). If you upgrade it to lvl 5, all shots to that ramp from then on give loads and loads of points. If you don't mind grinding, it's actually pretty easy getting 1 billion+ points on that table. Though it would still take a long time...

Also, you can get 2 extra balls per real ball, for a total of 9. Also, you can get ball savers, and kickbacks. Always make aimed shots. I own Shaman!!

Smile

Hi, I have scored just over 2 billion on the Excalibur game, so it is possible.
    It did take me about 5.5 hours of playing time. After that my hands hurt a bit and I did not want to play that game for days.

Learn the pinball game by playing a lot and notice where the most points are scored.

Just finished a V12 game today and scored almost 1.3 billion. So getting better each day.
    Like caper_26 says, make sure to use the kickbacks, ball saves and extra balls.
    Get multiplier as high as possible, and the best tip.... don't get frustrated if it does not work. Sometimes it is a bad day for pinball and everything goes wrong... put the controller down and try again later.

Kind regards,
    swprozee1.