Thread: Update Info

Thumbs up Update Info

I didn't see a sticky post, so I'm combining the info I found out regarding the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    We appreciate your feedback on our game, and working on to enhance your experience. There will be some features in our upcoming patch that will help you get through the more challenging holes:

- Practice mode: you will have the chance to practice any single player hole with no pressure.

- Restart hole: you will be able to restart only the actual hole in single player mode. Scores made by using this feature won't get onto the scoreboards, but you can still unlock new courses much more easily.
    We have discovered a problem with some weekly tournament badges. It will be fixed in the first patch coming soon. After the patch, everyone will receive their well deserved badges for any top 100 or top 10 finishes on any tournament taking place until then.
    We will improve the mic quality in our upcoming update. We are also planning to add 3 player opportunity to the casual singles multi-player mode.
    Regarding Custom Holes
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Right now, the par is set based on the scores of players who complete it. However, we're looking at adding the ability for creators to set it manually in the first patch.
    Regarding Online Player Matching
    We are definitely looking into any possibilities that could make the matchmaking easier. I am pretty sure that we can incorporate some upgrades on this area in our upcoming patch.
    I have good news for you: after the next patch, you will be able to review the results of any previous weekly tournaments in-game.
    Joining multiplayer games - yes, we are going to add an "Any" option for several of the settings, so that you can get matched up faster.

Rating holes during multiplayer - we are planning to add this as well, although it's not 100% certain.
    Yes, we are going to give you more tools to view the course in the first patch.

Regarding being able to set the controls up differently on a per-player basis in local gameplay. Playing on "easy" is great for for one player, but maybe not for everyone that is playing.
    It makes sense to me. I will try to squeeze this feature into the next update.
    Regarding multiplayer games: The person who quits a match automatically loses and gives the victory to the remaining player.
    It's really unfortunate that so many players just can't lose with honor in multiplayer games. We will definitely deal with this problem in our next update - I wish EA'd do the same in the FIFA series
    Including the option to add custom hole to favorites at the end screen will be implemented in the next update.
    Last edited by Loozers; 06-18-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Personally I'm hoping that the update will make the game less masochistic and the controls less spaztic. Right now the game is just so frustrating I don't even want to touch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynz View Post
    Personally I'm hoping that the update will make the game less masochistic and the controls less spaztic. Right now the game is just so frustrating I don't even want to touch it.
    Well done collecting these. I had read all these before and a few were from my post. I came back 2day after being gone about a week to see if any news on when the update patch will be ready.

So devs, when?

By the way, I hear ya about the controls, but after a while they make sense and are very consistent. I like them being hard and sensitive, it keeps things interesting and the game not too easy.

I dont personally have trouble with the controls. I use the left anologue stick though and feel pretty at home with it really. Wife is a nightmare with it mind you. I actually have more trouble trying to read the image verifications to post on this forum LOL

I don't have a problem with the stroke controls. However, I fine it a complete PIA to control the red-ball controlled ball when the camera angles changes or if you bump into a wall. Wish it would handle better, it's TOUGH!

PittCaleb

Thumbs up

Can't wait for the mic problems to be repaired and...

Will we have the option to play 2 local players against others online? 2vs2, couch vs couch would really be great!

ahh yeah controlling the red six axis ball is a nightmare for me too but have seen plenty doing it really well. I generally avoid that ball as I end up steering it the wrong way.

Default Please consider "match play"-style

Oh please - could you add the option of "match play" in stead of "strokes". It would mean the world to me and my buddies.

With match play, you (or your team) would be 1 up, or 2 up, 1 down, 2 down.

this would eliminate the terror of being 15 strokes behind early on after a terrible hole with no real chances of catching up.

Please consider this. Actually, this is what foursome is all about

Yes, definitely agree that the sixaxis ball control is a nightmare. 1) when you enable the powerup, or when you hit something, the camera moves and disorients you. 2) the controls are very twitchy and you wind up going in circles.

I guess with enough practice you can get the hang of it, but it just seems like a smoother control would help tons.

Here is another one that needs to be fixed, or I am doing something wrong?

I can set up a ranked game with my friends when playing courses that came with the game, but when I try to set up Ranked Match playing a custom course, it won't let me???

Needs to be fixed also.

You need to get this game patch out ASAP before everyone leaves it for good. I just simply couldnt get a game tonight at all on any mode. This tells me that already many have left it. None of us are able to highlight the positives in the game and recommend it due to the negatives.

I have some suggestions/requests for the patch:

I would like to listen to my own music (like in the pinball game)

There is a hole where you can score millions of points. I consider that cheating (see first ranked guy). Why did you limit the points to 99 but not the distance travelled? I would prefer to have both limited.

To score high you need to play holes with many power-ups. At the moment, most users built holes are like that and it becomes rather annoying to play new holes. In most cases I don't even have to examine the course but just hit on the ball then press X until the ball enters the hole. Maybe you could change the scoring by giving 1000 points for a birdie, 3000 for a eagle and 10000 for an albatross if no power-ups have been used. (additional to the existing scoring)

I would like to have more filters to find holes. Or maybe have the possiblity to sort the hole list. Things I would like to filter/sort are:
    - par score
    - top score (hits)
    - top points
    - played
    - last played
    - date of top score achieved
    - top score held by me, friends (or a selected other player)
    - top score achieved by me, friends (or a selected other player)

Hey Devs, how is the Patch coming?

How about some feedback, PLEASE!

Ok devs??

Pretty Please!

KickBeaten Down

We'll let you know as soon as we have a time frame for the patch. We are working hard to get all this stuff done as soon as we can!

We'll let you know as soon as we have a time frame for the patch. We are working hard to get all this stuff done as soon as we can!
    It seems a long time coming. Understand these things can take time but still.....not doing well for sales.

KickBeaten Down

It looks like the patch will be out in mid-September. That is the bad news, but the good news is that it will have more stuff than is listed here.

Yikes thats a long time still. I've sort of wrote the game off as a financial loss as couldnt recommend it to any of my friends. Hopefully I can at least try the patch when available and see if I can get back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by gillyallan View Post
    Yikes thats a long time still. I've sort of wrote the game off as a financial loss as couldnt recommend it to any of my friends. Hopefully I can at least try the patch when available and see if I can get back into it.
    that's a bit harsh dont ya think? the game is $10 and works great + is a lot of fun, i haven't had a problem or seen a major problem , $10, i mean c'mon lighten up some

It looks like the patch will be out in mid-September. That is the bad news, but the good news is that it will have more stuff than is listed here.
    Thanks for the info! And that sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by bub91426 View Post
    that's a bit harsh dont ya think? the game is $10 and works great + is a lot of fun, i haven't had a problem or seen a major problem , $10, i mean c'mon lighten up some
    Fair enough, apologies.

Just got a little carried away. I get sick of bug ridden games coming out, and I dont totally mean this one. Just seems like games in the olden days just worked.

Looking forward to it being patched....cheers guys.

Ok, dead zones, Give-Up Spots, auto-score 15.

No way to know what the devs are going to do about them with the Patch, and in some ways there will be no way to keep them out of the game, but what they could do is give us the option to restart from beginning of hole, like a Reset to Beginning Option Button, and it will penalize us two-three strokes for doing so.

That way there will never be a reason to just Give-Up a hole for being stuck in a dead zone of a hole. If someone wants to sit there and hit it 15 times that is one thing, but it doesn't take someone who knows the game very long to know they need to start back from the beginning because there is no way out.

I will confess that I haven't played the game in several weeks (I actually just got around to playing the Ratchet & Clank trilogy which has consumed most of my time) but I wanted to agree with those who are not overly critical of this game. It's just $10 and I have well over 20 hours of game play in it. If I never touch it again it was a great value. Yes, there are some minor issues with it, as with all games, and I look forward to the patch release in mid-September, or whenever it comes (I've been waiting years for GT5 so I've learned patience).

I hope for the ability to practice a single hole over and over which has already been announced. Like many people here on the forum, I find the sixaxis controller power up virtually impossible to use but blame myself for that. And please, I am not "on first place", I am "in first place". But the bottom line is I think Zen Studios has put together a fun game with lots of value as is. Anything they do to improve it is a bonus.

Thanks for the update. Will the patch be released when the PS Move hits the streets? I read that PMG will have move support...

Default Still hoping for "match play" option most of all

In stead of loosing 15 strokes where the other guy/team makes hole-in-one, you should be able to count holes in stead. Like the ryder cup. An option Stroke/Match play

quite an easy change, I would reckon

Please

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by MuddyRF19 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Will the patch be released when the PS Move hits the streets? I read that PMG will have move support...
    Yes, they should hit around the same time.

Probably a bit late in the day seeing as though the patch is out in a couple of weeks..

But..

I'd really like to see the ability to be able to download courses/holes to my PS3 hard drive so that I can play them "offline". This way I can lug my PS3 round my friends for a multi or single player game on any of the courses I've downloaded without having to go online to play them (some don't have wireless internet and cabling is a no no (tv in one room.. modem in another))

Also.. I'd really like the ability to create holes and courses without having to publish them. That way I could create as many holes and courses (without limit.. can the limit be removed.. after all I have 250gb of HD space) on my hard drive and then play them offline (direct from my hard drive). That way.. I could also only publish the better ones for others to play and keep the rest (crappy ones) to myself.

Maybe something for the next patch I guess (if we get one that is).

Slippery

Nice post. Waiting for the next patch and Playstation Move support. Thx.
    Please, play my Planet Minigolf holes called: Barbanegra and Jumanji