Thread: New Addon Table: MARS

KickBeaten Down

Default New Addon Table: MARS

Here's the press release:

Los Angeles, Calif. – July 20, 2010 — ZEN Studios, the definitive leader in pinball videogames, announced today that MARS, the latest expansion table for ZEN Pinball, is coming soon exclusively to PlayStation ® Network. Players will get to experience the space-age tactics of MARS with the fast-paced action, cutting-edge visuals and true-to-life ball physics that ZEN Pinball is famous for.

ZEN’s MARS table will take you into space to experience and explore life on the red planet, and it is your job as mission commander to lead the effort in unlocking the planet’s secrets. This table will offer everything you would expect from a ZEN Pinball table, with several different game modes, ball slicing effects, electrically charged ramps and, of course, different combos for ultimate pinball play.

ZEN Pinball MARS Table Features:

•Dock the space ship and activate the magnetic crane to collect space samples
    •Land with the space spider to analyze the ancient Martian symbols
    •Call in the satellite to scan distant galaxies, calibrate its solar collector and activate its electromagnetic fields to lock three balls
    •Restore the Mysterious Pyramid, then deactivate its defense system
    •Spell out MARS to activate the secret portal of lights
    •Repair the artificial gravity reactor to stabilize gravity on MARS
    Developed by ZEN Studios, the MARS table joins Earth Defense, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Street Fighter as the fourth PSN expansion table for ZEN Pinball with several more slated for release in the coming months.

For the latest news and information on ZEN Pinball, please visit the official website at www.zenpinball.com.

ZEN Pinball: MARS is rated “E” for everyone by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB).

Great, can you give a rough estimation on when this could be available?

KickBeaten Down

Next week.

Are there any screenshots or videos available? I would love to get a glimpse at the new table.

It's up on the store. You can play it now! I love it!

Any idea when this will be available in the US store? I see that it has been released in the UK store this week, but am anxiously awaiting it here in the States. Any info?

And looking at the thropies there will be a horror-haunted-paranormal table in the future?
    The Thropies are named: "Tricking The Devil", "Exorcist", "Chupacabra Confirmed", "Paranormal Multiball"

Awesome table. I didn't play for a while and when I tried this one the gravity felt different, the ball seems to be slower. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I think it plays great and fits the table well.

Most of the features are easy enough to understand, but what's up with the frozen ball thing? Has anybody figured out how to activate it, what to do and what you need it for? I think it happened to me upon completion of other missions, then I tried to hit the highlighted ramps and eventually it went back to normal, but I don't know whether I completed it or failed for this to happen :P

Thumbs up

Hi all,

If you want to see a movie of 10 minutes about the table MARS, then please have a look at the link below.
    (I made it in Full HD quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOrkOj6sBM

I bought the game the same day when it was released and I made a video about it immediately. Enjoy.

Kind regards,
    swprozee1
    Last edited by swprozee1; 07-22-2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: added text

KickBeaten Down

I don't think it was supposed to be out this week, so don't be surprised if there are issues. Last time a table was made available before its scheduled release date, the new trophies did not work because the base game hadn't been patched to include them.

Quote Originally Posted by swprozee1 View Post
    Hi all,

If you want to see a movie of 10 minutes about the table MARS, then please have a look at the link below.
    Cool! Thanks for sharing your impressions.

I didn't notice any issues with the table or it's trophies so far.

By the way, I figured out what causes the ball to freeze: There is a countdown for a special event, much like the invasion countdown on earth defense. When it reaches 0 the event starts and you can't do other missions until you completed it or drained the ball. Unlike the invasion you can't end it by simply waiting, it goes on forever if you don't complete it.

Has anybody figured out how to get extra balls? Or how to hit the lower MARS targets for the pyramid mission?

Also, has somebody reached the final mission yet? I noticed that every mission gets lit somewhere on the table to show it's completion. However the 4 main missions get lit even if you fail. Does this mean the final mission will start with the 4 main missions lit, even if you couldn't beat them?

Hello Zen Lovers,

I think this table is the best for me!
    I have bought it yesterday and i have played it a lot.

I hope there will be more tables available in the near future.
    It's a bad think if pinball games are not made anymore. The last pinball game for the PS3 that i bought was Pinball hall of fame the william collections.

Zen..... .Keep up the good stuff
    I like your tables and i will buy them all!

Greetingzzz DJWille (nfvpinball.nl)

Yeah, it a great table, but why do need to put our initials in at the end?
    PSN: taurus82
    Twitter: 17taurus82
    Youtube: taurus170582

For the local score ranks. (not the online global list)

These initials don't get seen by other players do they? I'd better stop using the peurile ones

When is the US release for this? I want to know so I can plan my upcoming work schedule. hahah!
    Thanks

-Dave

I read about the 27. of july, but I don't know where this info came from.

PSN says Tuesday, July 27

Ok thanks.

DEAR ZEN STUDIOS

I really like this table. its the best table you have made so far.
    BUT I have one major issue with it.

The male voice announcer sounds SO BAD! its TERRIBLE!
    One suggestion for a quick patch please
    is just to run the really really bad voice through a filter that makes it sound like radio chatter. I could do this for you for free since i am a professional audio engineer.

Its more realistic and has a bit more life.

"Housten, Housten we lost you" FACEPALM. that is so bad.
    imagine that coming through radio chatter.

So much better.

But thanks for such a lovely game. Its great fun.

I don't mind the main voice so much but I see what you are saying. I thought it was strange that the tilt warning voice was the same as from Tesla.

Great table! Launching the ship is one of the best zen pinball moments. My friend was watching and we both went "WOAAAH!!" at the same time.

Just got the new table and i think they did a great job but i do have a couple of complaints.

#1 The hovering sound is really annoying when the robot spider is scanning.

#2 The ball moves at a really slow pace so it makes the table easy. I hope you guys can speed up the ball a bit so I can get that " challenge feel to it "

Thank you

Default Mars table guide?

Hi

Does anybody has some sort of guide for Mars table? I got most of the missions but I still don't know how to get bonus mulitpliers.

Any guide/help is much appreciated.

[QUOTE=banjodave;4305]I don't mind the main voice so much but I see what you are saying. I thought it was strange that the tilt warning voice was the same as from Tesla.

No, that's great ! Ever play Twilight Zone ? It does the same thing with great voices from older tables like Earthshaker and Whirlwind, I know there are more, but those two come to mind first.

Hello
    Sorry but the pyramid is anything anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sByN6Lhzqo

Final mission:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kofgCS-5Stk
    Last edited by Hypno74; 08-10-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Why? Why an all or nothing timed multiball at the end ... Knowing I only have 1 shot at victory, I'm always doomed to fail.

Anyways, fantastic table, as always, but I do have one small remark: the special events, and the side-missions being too easily activated... They are too frequent, they get you out of your rythm and are just plain annoying after a while.
    It's happened quite a few times now that I'm working on the Pyramid MB and that I'm forced to complete up to 4 "non-story"/"already completed" missions before I can try the MB again...

For the final mission, is 6 hits to the lift hole the set number to complete it? Or do you have to hit it more if you lose balls during the 4 ball multiball?

EDIT: It's always 6 hits, just completed it with 2 balls left. close one
    Last edited by steviej; 08-19-2010 at 01:27 AM.

I know it's all pretty self-explanatory, but for those struggling to figure it all out, or just in need of some tips, I added a trophy guide for the MARS table found here: Excalibur, Earth defense and Mars trophy guide

Enjoy!