Thread: Zen, how about some help here?

Default Zen, how about some help here?

Come on Zen I am trying my best to generate some community spirit here!

According to the little bit of info we have, Pinball FX 2 will be releasing on the Xbox 360 in a couple of weeks.

How about some help in getting your own forum up and running for this game?

Surely it's in Zen's own interest to at least maintain your own forum and provide some customer support? All we are looking for is to be kept informed about the progress of the game.

I have now asked several questions via threads here that have had quite a number of views, which kind of suggests that some people here are interested in the game, even if you do not seem that keen to promote it.

Are the points I have raised here really not worthy of a response?

I realize you may well be extremely busy at the moment, putting the finishing touches to the game but I'm not sure that completely excuses you from ignoring your customers. Does it?

Come on Zen, I am asking nicely. Please keep the community informed and provide us with some further information on Pinball FX 2.

A bit of information about the game along with some screenshots for the Rome table can be found here: http://kotaku.com/5638806/pinball-fx...a-day/gallery/
    Last edited by shawn; 09-20-2010 at 05:56 AM.

Thanks Shawn,

Some good screenshots there! Great artwork on that table too. A couple of unusual looking ramps.

Nice to see some new info.

KickBeaten Down

We'll be releasing more info as the release date approaches. It's still 3 weeks away.

In the meantime, you can check out Gamespot's hands-on preview:
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzz...ml?sid=6274798

They've also got screens of the Pasha and Rome tables, plus video of Pasha, on their Pinball FX 2 page.

And Shawn has already linked to the Kotaku article talking about the new overall high score system.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Thanks Shawn,

Some good screenshots there! Great artwork on that table too. A couple of unusual looking ramps.

Nice to see some new info.
    Not a problem.

I thought the same with those ramps. Interested in how they'll effect the course of the ball. If they effect it at all. At glance it would appear that if the ball gets out of that groove, its going over the side. Should be interesting. Art layout looks AWESOME as always!

Man...3 Weeks seems SO far away.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Not a problem.

I thought the same with those ramps. Interested in how they'll effect the course of the ball. If they effect it at all. At glance it would appear that if the ball gets out of that groove, its going over the side. Should be interesting. Art layout looks AWESOME as always!

Man...3 Weeks seems SO far away.
    It'll come round soon I hope!

On the ramps, i'm not sure how these will behave in PFX2 but without any side rails on them I know for a fact they wouldn't hold the ball on a real table. Perhaps we are missing something in the gameplay mechanics that isn't shown via screenshots though.

One thing I hope is that Zen don't stray too far away from the physics and mechanics employed by real pinball tables. That would defeat the whole purpose for me and would turn it into just another video game.

I'm all for fantasy themed table designs but lets not start employing fantasy to the world of physics.