Thread: New Add-on table: Paranormal

KickBeaten Down

Default New Add-on table: Paranormal

I know you guys have been asking about it for a while...it's finally been announced!

It's coming October 19/20. Standard pricing.

Link to press release and screens.

Trailer (gametrailers.com)
    Gamers Route Review (8.5/10)
    Game Focus Review (8.5/10)
    Game Interface Review (This is a review of the entire game + Paranormal) (8.75/10)
    Fandomania Review
    Geek Rupublic Review
    and for our Dutch players, a review from PS3 Life

Talking Yeaaahhh!!!

!!! S w e e t !!!! :d

merci beaucoup solitude pour cette bonne nouvelle,le tableau paranormal est bien fourni et très beau cool. Elle me fais penser à excalibur, qui est aimé par tout le monde, bonne continuation et merci.

Is it me or Pinball FX 2 tables look much better on the screenshots. It so sad it is going to be XBOX exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    I know you guys have been asking about it for a while...it's finally been announced!

It's coming October 19/20. Standard pricing.

Link to press release and screens.

thx Solitude, its Great to finally hear a release date...The new paranormal table looks great,i look forward to trying it out...

do you guys/gals at zen Studios still have more of these great tables in the pipeline,or is this the last of the DLC?

thx

This is great news. Maybe it will be out in time for Halloween?

Regardless, ZEN you are doing an amazing job! Please keep up the fantastic work: I'll buy every table you produce!

I have found a gameplay video! :

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pa...pinball/706246

Still looking forward to this...
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Sweet!! This table looks SO much cooler in motion! Thanks for posting the video Oskari14!

Heres another trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xVLq1_P8Y
    Last edited by shawn; 10-18-2010 at 05:51 AM.

Default mountains calill

I agree, it looks much better in the trailer than on the sreenshots

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Sweet!! This table looks SO much cooler in motion! Thanks for posting the video Oskari14!

Heres another trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xVLq1_P8Y
    Nice! 1-2 days to go now.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

The Zen guys are geniuses. This table looks brilliant. Wednesday can't come quickly enough!

So is it released in the US? The article said 19./20. and it's obviously not the 19. for europe.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Gegliosch View Post
    So is it released in the US? The article said 19./20. and it's obviously not the 19. for europe.
    Yes - it is out with today's Playstation Store update, which usually takes place early to mid-afternoon. Tomorrow for Europe.

Edit: some review links added to the original post. Feel free to link others if you find 'em.

This table is absolutely crazy! There's so much going on. I love it! Now to message all my PSN Zen-owning friends to tell them to download it as soon as possible!

I'm fairly disappointed with this table, feels way too video game-like and gimmicky for my liking. This and Mars are my two least favourite tables. It seems like the emphasis is being moved away from actually playing pinball to silly floating balls and pointless effects. Please Zen, go back to making tables like you used to instead of ones like this.

p.s do you know you can 'earn' an extra ball almost at will on this table?

What do you mean by "almost at will"? You can earn extra balls without too much effort on other tables as well, if that's your complaint.

I didn't play much yet, but other than the floating balls and haunted mansion I didn't notice all that much fancy unrealistic stuff besides the special effects you wouldn't need to make the table work.

What I really like about this table is the toned down difficulty for trophies, targets and keeping the ball in play.

There's still some stuff I haven't figured out yet, e.g. how to start video mode. I think I hit one of the targets with the reverse nessi flipper and drained the ball below the film reel, but not entirely sure.

Then there's the kickback and ball save (not magna) activation I couldn't figure out yet.

Just finished my last trophy on this table and decided to share my discoveries.

Tricking the Devil:

Just hit the rightmost "ramp" which is actually more like a dead end with 3destructable tombstones. After you destroyed them all, hit the ramp again and the trophy is yours.

Chupacabra Confirmed:

Hit the droptarget with the eye on it to get one of the eyeballs to that spot instead. (The target is located below the head with the rolling eyes). Then hit the eyeball until you get the task to make him dizzy. Hit the centre ramp (the one leading to the house) to finish this.

Paranormal Multiball:

Got this by accident on my first testplay, it's that easy. Just hit the film reel once to activate the lock and another time to actually lock a ball. If you have trouble hitting the reel, one of the possible shots after hitting a sink hole will activate the ball lock automatically. To lock a ball easily you can aim for the centre ramp to get to the cube and just let the ball go through without nailing it down and it will automatically get locked. With at least one locked ball you just have to hit the hole in the cube and target the floating ball when it's close to the ground.

Exorcist:

This one took me quite a while, but once you get the hang of it, it's rather easy to repeat. First of all shoot the centre ramp to get to the door. Hit the door to open it and keep holding the left flipper after the shot. This will sometimes result in a caught ball on that flipper for easy access without hitting the centre ramp again. Once you're in keep holding the left flipper and catch the ball. Try to hit the ball to the second floor from that position and catch it with the right flipper. You'll see 3 targets above the ball. Shoot straight up to hit them and keep holding the right flipper. This will result in a discovered ghost due to the target and the ball will most likely bump into the small crack leading outside the house and into a caught position of the flipper there. Now all you have to do is shoot above the roof without hitting it.
    Last edited by Gegliosch; 10-21-2010 at 12:29 PM.

What I really like about this table is the toned down difficulty for trophies
    For me and a lot of people, this was a big letdown. The silver trophies in the game are really hard to get and they force you to learn the tables. Not only that, it's tremendously satisfying to get - they truly feel like an achievement. When you tone down the difficulty, they don't give you any sense of accomplishment.

Zen Studios, if/when you make more tables, PLEASE make the silver trophies hard to get like they were before. Some of us need a challenge.

What do you mean by "almost at will"? You can earn extra balls without too much effort on other tables as well, if that's your complaint.

I didn't play much yet, but other than the floating balls and haunted mansion I didn't notice all that much fancy unrealistic stuff besides the special effects you wouldn't need to make the table work.

What I really like about this table is the toned down difficulty for trophies, targets and keeping the ball in play.

There's still some stuff I haven't figured out yet, e.g. how to start video mode. I think I hit one of the targets with the reverse nessi flipper and drained the ball below the film reel, but not entirely sure.

Then there's the kickback and ball save (not magna) activation I couldn't figure out yet.
    As in you can get an extra ball with your first 4 hits with the flipper, that's how easy it is.

Also are you saying you like this table because it's easy? That's one of my main reasons for not liking a table, if you had the patience you could easily rack up a big score on this table with minimum fuss, I know I could but I can't be bothered going through the monotony of it all i.e constantly hitting the middle ramp over and over again. The fact I got 50m and 3 out of 4 trophies on my second attempt tells me this table isn't aimed at people who like a challenge.
    Last edited by Stephen220378; 10-22-2010 at 03:33 AM.

^
    I think, that the every other table is hard and every other table is easy.
    Look:
    Earth defense= Hard
    Excalibur= Easy
    Mars= Hard
    Paranormal= Easy

The next table is going to be hard again.
    So don't worry, be happy!
    Last edited by Oskari14; 10-22-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Thumbs up

I really like this table.

Good job Zen !

Keep making these good tables. !!!

Kind regards,
    swprozee1.

I made an account just to say how awesome Paranormal is! Thank you very, very much! I'm a fan of your work for years now and wow, you guys (and girls?) just get better everytime a new table is availible!

I cannot wait till next week. Pinball FX 2!

As in you can get an extra ball with your first 4 hits with the flipper, that's how easy it is.
    El Dorado isn't any harder.

Also are you saying you like this table because it's easy?
    Yes I'm saying I like it for the carefree gameplay. There are enough hardcore tables already. Maybe it's a letdown for the 5 people who managed to 100% every other table already, but there are still 4 silvers left for me, should I ever feel the urge again to test my patience.

Excalibur= Easy
    The trophies are easy, but the table is not. It just seems to be easier because you don't try to complete every challenge in the same game when there's no reward.

The trophies are easy, but the table is not. It just seems to be easier because you don't try to complete every challenge in the same game when there's no reward.
    I meant the trophy difficulty.
    And you're right, I suck at this table and I don't want to complete all the Tales.

I'm better at williams...
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Sorry to hear some are disappointed with this table. I've found it to be fun to play and well laid out, but we all have different styles I suppose. Agreed the trophies seem easy, but the silvers on the other tables make up for that.

I think there is only so much disappointment you can feel for a £1.59 purchase which will still be played for hours on end even if is not one of your favourite tables. £1.59 is the going rate for a Dynamic Theme on the PlayStation Store, and they're useless

hi @ all

I´m new here...

In my opinion this table (paranormal) is one of the best add-on !
    I like the table design,it`s not to hard to keep the ball,and I discover a lot of features...
    The first time I was very confused about the ball physics in haunted mansion,now I´m not far away to get my last trophy for this table: excorcist !

Zen Studios does it again !

My english is bad,please don`t blame Thank you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by NobbNutts View Post
    Sorry to hear some are disappointed with this table. I've found it to be fun to play and well laid out, but we all have different styles I suppose. Agreed the trophies seem easy, but the silvers on the other tables make up for that.

I think there is only so much disappointment you can feel for a £1.59 purchase which will still be played for hours on end even if is not one of your favourite tables. £1.59 is the going rate for a Dynamic Theme on the PlayStation Store, and they're useless
    You're 100% correct about the price £1.59 is a bargain, especially when recently I bought Ferrari: The Race Experience and wasted £11.99 on a pile of steaming manure! However I just feel this table is a big letdown, most people seem to like it because it's easy, My highest score 100+ million was achieved on my first ball with 2 extra balls still in reserve, I got fed up because I could have repeated what I was doing indefinitely so I just deliberately drained the remaining balls. I'm an average player at Zen Pinball I'd say and to find a table so easy was disappointing after the wait to play it.

I don't understand why people complain so much about an add-on table.
    Give constructive feedback so Zen can actually do something with that feedback or just don't buy the game after you see some trailers/gameplay videos of that table.

As someone said before.. It is a small price for a great add-on table and for sure hours of fun.

Set a record on the scoreboard if you are that good at it, that is what leaderboards are for. For sure you can't play for ever, so surprise us with your billion scores

I am not trying to insult people here, but complaining and more complaining without constructive feedback is in my opinion useless.

Kind regards,
    swprozee1.

Personally I think its great table.

1. Visual design is awesome - much better in motion than on the screenshots

2. Gameplay is fun

3. It's good that it's easier to keep the ball in play than on the previous tables (Kickbacks, Ball Save, Magna Save, Extra balls) - it makes it great if you want to play with family or friends who are not pinball wizards.

The only thing I don't like about it, is the silver trophy. It is way too easy to get it. I got the same problem with the Excalibur table. If at some point Zen decided to make silver trophies very challenging they should stick with it on every table.

Hello
    I would like to report a bug.
    The ball disappears into the mansion.
    Unable to return to the game, even on tilt!

http://www.archive-host.com/files/62...1020101517.jpg

Hello
    I would like to report a bug.
    The ball disappears into the mansion.
    Unable to return to the game, even on tilt!

http://www.archive-host.com/files/62...1020101517.jpg
    OMG, that sucks Hypno ! your score could not be saved that way.

Well, we have to keep in mind that you should be on number 1 on that scoreboard.

Can you tell us what exactly happened as it is not really clear on the picture ???!?!?!?!?

I was in the mansion and the ball disappeared on a rebound.
    The game was stuck on this picture.
    I could not do anything and I had to turn off the game

Blog zen pinball with translator
    Cheats, pictures and videos on all tables.
    Videos on various trophies
    You can put English commentary.
    http://bip-bip-72.vefblog.net/

KickBeaten Down

Thanks for the bug report - we'll try to figure out what's happening and fix it.

The same thing happend to me.... paranormal!!!!

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by bip-bip-72 View Post
    Blog zen pinball with translator
    Cheats, pictures and videos on all tables.
    Videos on various trophies
    You can put English commentary.
    http://bip-bip-72.vefblog.net/presentation.html
    Hi, thanks for sharing your blog. Please don't post the same thing multiple times, though!

So after playing the table for a good few hours, I have to say it's another very nice addition. At first I was missing the normal orbits and ramps a lot, but I got past that sentiment very quickly. The multiball phenomena are a lot of fun, the bottom nessy playfield is an excellent idea, aswell as the cube puzzles. I'm not that big a fan of the mansion, but it's probably because I'm terrible at judging the physics there.

Overall, the table is a lot of fun, and it just looks stunningly beautiful. A must buy for all who like the game!

Thought I'd post my two cents here. Most games have 80-90% easy trophies and 10-20% difficult ones. In fact, most games tend to have no more than 1 or 2 REALLY difficult trophies, but nobody complains about that. This game has at least 7 VERY difficult trophies! The only reason people are complaining is because they think every table should have 1 really difficult trophy, but I tend to think this would discourage many people instead of making them want to play. You can count the number of people with 100% in this game (including me ) on one hand, so releasing some tables to help people feel a bit better about finally getting a few silvers is strategic. And honestly, even as someone who does like a challenge, it's nice to have a break once in a while. I tend to agree that easy trophies do not prevent anyone from showing off their skills on the leaderboards... If you need trophies as incentive to explore all aspects of a table, then you're not really into the game anyway, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypno74 View Post
    I was in the mansion and the ball disappeared on a rebound.
    The game was stuck on this picture.
    I could not do anything and I had to turn off the game
    i am going to 2nd that it just happened to me as i broke my own 249million score with 346 million and lost my ball in the mansion i had all lights lit was going for the attic i was on the 2nd floor and hit the ball straight up where the 1 lonely light is that gives you 10,000 every time u hit it and it just vanished....i tilted the table until it locked the flippers and the flippers just never unlocked....i am very upset...and hypno excellent score!! i am coming for u slowly but surely lol u raised the bar from your 4 billion to 7 billion i see. please fix this glitch zen because if i ever get to the billion points mark and this happens my ps3 remote will be through my tv witout a doubt.

Thanks steveizdaman.
    I'm always afraid to have a bug when I played on this table.
    Good luck for the billion

Hi!
    I wrote a private message to the players who had experienced this glitch.
    i would like to ask some questions about it, to fill the missing gaps if you don't mind..

dgabor
    Last edited by dgabor; 11-16-2010 at 08:38 AM.

Sorry, I did not see the private message.
    I answered you.