Thread: Pinball FX 2 release date moved back - now October 27

KickBeaten Down

Default Pinball FX 2 release date moved back - now October 27

Sorry for the delay. Last-minute certification issues. I promise that it will be worth the wait, though!

Damn!

Perhaps you would care to ease the pain by releasing some more video content?

2 more weeks

gameplay video of the Rome table would be nice though
    really looking forward to that table
    Last edited by chivato; 10-12-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Way to go, telling us this close to release.

What does 'Last-minute certification issues' mean anyway? Is it a problem with the copyright of tables created by yourself or a problem with Microsoft? You may sense that I am angry.

This is very, annoying news. Especially so close to the time the game was supposed to come out. I'm sure that someone could have warned us sooner than noon today that the game wasn't going to be coming out, "last minute" stuff coming up or not.

I bought points specifically so I could buy this game, with what little money that I had to spend, because I was excited to buy the new tables, import the old ones, and have the game to play and show off tomorrow.

I could understand if this wasn't some sort of Pre-Announced thing, but the whole "Game Feast" thing seemed to suggest to me that this was set in stone, as were all the "Pinball FX 2 Release Date Announced" articles.

I suppose I should have guessed that the game wasn't coming on Monday when there were no pre-release ratings of the games. I'm going to conjecture that someone knew then that the game was going to be delayed, on that same note, and we could have gotten some advance warning.

Thanks a lot. If my points don't go to something that comes out between now and then, see you in two weeks.

KickBeaten Down

I posted this literally 5 minutes after I found out about the release date change. It came as a nasty surprise to us, too.

On the plus side, according to Shack News, we'll get BOTH Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Dead Space: Ignition tomorrow instead.

Also according to Shack News, "According to Microsoft Games Studios lead producer Mark Coates, the decision was made to delay the game to "take a little extra time to ensure the launch of Pinball FX 2 is absolutely perfect."

To which, I would like to thank MS: Dear MS, thank you for choosing which games that you believe the average gamer wants to play.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 and Dead Space: Ignition are both games that are completely the same as pinball, and despite people saying Sonic is a short and mostly easy game until the end that might clock in two hours, with no reason to go back and play it, and Dead Space is a choose your own adventure full of mini-games that you can get it for free if you preorder the game (which means everyone who wants Dead Space 2 will have it anyhow), these two games are what the average gamer wants for sure.

I can't believe I went and sold off games that I could have kept playing to buy MS points that are going to sit unused for two weeks. So freaking lame.

What does 'Last-minute certification issues' mean anyway? Is it a problem with the copyright of tables created by yourself or a problem with Microsoft?

If it's a Microsoft issue, you KNOW they're not going to be able to say anything about it. Microsoft runs on a strict policy of "We never admit to doing anything wrong - if something gets screwed up, we stay silent and make the game company take the heat even if we're at fault."

And the company can't do anything or give specific information out, because you don't bite the hand that feeds. So they ALSO stay silent, and the consumers incorrectly direct their anger and disappointment towards the game company.

Is this delay another example of Microsoftian Dimwittery? The world may never know.

That said, much as I was hoping to be able to play the new tables today, thanks for letting us know about the delay and providing what information you can about the situation (including the expected new release date).

I am very disappointed. For more than a month I've been counting days,and now that it's finally October 13 and I was expecting to play the game all afternoon, I read that we will have to wait 2 more weeks !!! It's cruel.

Funny story: I was at a retailer today to go look through games, and another Pinball game seemed to have appeared on their shelf recently.

I bought the other game, but the timing it came out seems suspect. Maybe I'm full of crap, I dunno. Still want Pinball FX 2.

lets try this since everybody feels screwed here!!!! can we atleast know how much the tables are gonna cost us so we can use the rest of our points!!!! im holding 4000 points because i dont know how much the new tables are gonna cost!!!! if u guys are gonna do this last second stuff and break our hearts then atleast u could give us an update!!!!

Default Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by solitude View Post
    sorry for the delay. Last-minute certification issues. I promise that it will be worth the wait, though!
    how about giving us some prices so we can use the rest of our points we been saving????

The 4 table pack will cost 800 MS points.

Default got any info PASS IT ON!!!!

hey vincent???? where did u find the price of the four pack???? that would be nice but that sounds kinda cheap for the newer graphics and such!!!! i can only hope its that cheap. isnt there a 5th table now???? the halloween looking one???? what are the names of all the new tables coming out???? any info including prices would be real helpful right now. thanx.

KickBeaten Down

The Pinball FX 2 pack is 800 points for four tables.

The Pinball FX pack is also 800 points for four tables (the 3 from launch, plus the freebie).

The other five Pinball FX DLC tables are 240 points each.

The total is 800*2 + 240*5 = 2800.

You can lower that a bit, though. Four of the Pinball FX DLC tables are priced at 200 right now (one is 240). If you buy them now and import them into FX2 when it releases, the grand total goes down to 2640. And during October, you get 800 bonus points if you spend at least 2400 (everywhere except Japan and Italy, can take up to 4 weeks to get them), which reduces the total point cost to 1840, assuming that you weren't going to get the bonus points otherwise.

Buzzardbait1974, everything you want to know about the price is in the previous post. The names of the new tables are Rome, Biolab, Pasha and Secrets of the Deep. See my previous post here
    http://195.56.170.66/forum/showthread.php?t=2480

Default thanx

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! thanx for all the great info. i already have all the tables for pinball fx and cant wait to own the new tables. i am really happy about all the upgrades. can u guys confirm or deny another table???? i seen one somewhere when i was looking for info that was black and had flippers in the top part where the score usually is. looked badass!!!! it looked like a spooky halloween type table. thanks for all the other info. very helpful. so whats this about bonus points???? do u have to sign up for them before you spend the points or is it just spending so much this month????

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARDBAIT1974 View Post
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!!! thanx for all the great info. i already have all the tables for pinball fx and cant wait to own the new tables. i am really happy about all the upgrades. can u guys confirm or deny another table???? i seen one somewhere when i was looking for info that was black and had flippers in the top part where the score usually is. looked badass!!!! it looked like a spooky halloween type table. thanks for all the other info. very helpful. so whats this about bonus points???? do u have to sign up for them before you spend the points or is it just spending so much this month????
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/press/2010...ankyougift.htm

The table you are referring to is the Paranormal table, for Zen Pinball (PS3). Right now, it's PS3-exclusive, and I'm not sure what the future plans for it are.

ok. awesome, although i think that table would be awesome on xbox!!!! do u guys take suggestions cause i could come up with some pretty awesome ideas for some tables!!!! at any rate, have u thought about getting some of the old school tables on your platform???? anyway not to bother u so much but could you confirm the 800 for 2400 u talked about earlier. is that true on xbox for the month of october???? if so, do i need to sign up for it or just spend the points???? thanx again for any info you can pass my way and thanx once again for a great game!!!!

Default obinson feature

The "spend 2400 Microsoft Points, get 800 Back" is a promotion that Microsoft is holding - pretty much any downloadable content (new games, new tables in this case, new songs or maps or other add-ons for on-disk games) qualifies.

As long as you spend at least 2400 before this month is over, they'll "gift" you with 800 points back. You won't receive those points back until near the end of November, however.

Even on-line deals seem to have "wait 4 to 6 weeks for delivery" clauses nowadays.

Am I mistaken but wasn't the date yesterday, October 22 for release? Somewhat disappointed but oh well what can one do? Looking forward to this release and you got a great write up in OXM 8.5 a very good score for an arcade game to say the least! It will be interesting to see what the new engine makes the old tables look and feel like. Can't wait and really thanks for making it BC with Pinball FX no doubt I'll buy the new tables but makes it great for those who might not have the means. Thanks Again!

The release is for October 27th. The releases for the Live Arcade are on Wednesdays.

Default thank you for fx2 zen

well, sooo close to release date now, just like to thank zen for all the great work on keeping pinball alive on xbox, looking forward to the new tables.

Will they tell us about the latest delay tomorrow or wait till Wednesday?

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miwurdz View Post
    Will they tell us about the latest delay tomorrow or wait till Wednesday?
    We've gotten final approval, so there won't be another delay.

Also, Paranormal and Mars tables will be coming to PFX2. I'm not sure of the exact date, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post

Also, Paranormal and Mars tables will be coming to PFX2. I'm not sure of the exact date, though.
    awsome news. i will also look up some videos for those two tables, plus im on holiday from work this week so plenty of play time with fx2.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post

*Jumps up and down* *wees pants* *jumps up and down in wet pants*

Quote Originally Posted by IAMMRBONGO View Post
    *Jumps up and down* *wees pants* *jumps up and down in wet pants*
    anyone know what time it will appear? I am that excited

I think it should be at 8 am (GMT).

Edit :
    It's 8 am and it's still not out. So I guess it will be at 9 am GMT.
    Last edited by Vincent; 10-27-2010 at 08:03 AM.