Thread: Nightmare Mansion and other tables not anymore for Pinball FX 1 ??

Default Nightmare Mansion and other tables not anymore for Pinball FX 1 ??

Hi,
    it's very nice that you have bring out pinball fx2 for free, only for users they have pinball fx1, but not for the others. :/

I have a problem i downloaded Nightmare Mansion but I can't use it for Pinball fx1 but I need it for Pinball fx1 because i want to reach the maximum of the achievements. I wrote the support team before, bring out pls an update to solve this. Another problem is if you miss the pinball fx2 tutorial you can't import anymore the tables from pinball fx1.

I thank you indeed.

greets

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by sado View Post
    Hi,
    it's very nice that you have bring out pinball fx2 for free, only for users they have pinball fx1, but not for the others. :/

I have a problem i downloaded Nightmare Mansion but I can't use it for Pinball fx1 but I need it for Pinball fx1 because i want to reach the maximum of the achievements. I wrote the support team before, bring out pls an update to solve this. Another problem is if you miss the pinball fx2 tutorial you can't import anymore the tables from pinball fx1.

I thank you indeed.

greets
    As far as importing goes, if all else fails, you can delete the game and reinstall it, to get the import prompt again.

The upgraded DLC tables aren't compatible with PFX1. They will only work in PFX2 - sorry.

Thumbs down

What was the reason to choose to disable the ability to download the tables for the original Pinball FX? Either way you're paying the same price for them, they'll still work in Pinball FX2. You're basically just removing the functionality of earning the achievements for them in the original Pinball FX.

I was really interested in the Marvel tables, but now I won't be buying any tables for Pinball FX2 until the tables on the original Pinball FX are reinstated.

Default Me too

I'm in the same (disappointed) spot. I was impressed with how you guys made the dlc work in the new game (and even upgraded it apparently) so I decided to finally grab the Nightmare and Bullwinkle tables. Now I find out that I can't use them in FX1, which was my primary purpose in buying them. The Marvel tables look great, and made me want to put some time into knocking out what I could on the first game before buying them. Is there any way you guys could send a code or anything for the original versions? Or put them back on the marketplace for a limited time?

KickBeaten Down

The reason we deactivated all the PFX1 stuff was to prevent confusion and make the system more manageable. The PFX2 versions of the PFX1 tables are different and can't be used in PFX1, so there would be issues with people buying tables within PFX2 and expecting to use them in PFX1 - which of course is not possible.

The import, trial, and a la carte pruchase systems in PFX2 already caused Microsoft to call it the most complex product launch they've done on the system. Keeping PFX1 and trying to make both games' DLC compatible with each other would have made it impossibly so.

Thumbs down

Your statement was inherently flawed.

The Pinball FX 1 tables are already compatible with Pinball FX 2. Anyone who bought them automatically has working FX 2 versions. We're not arguing that that exists. We're also not arguing that Pinball FX 2 tables will work in Pinball 1.

All we want is for Pinball FX 1 tables, which were always available for Pinball FX 1, to continue to be available for Pinball FX 1 and to import to Pinball FX 2 as they previously had.

We are literally asking to have back a feature that has already been provided.

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by The T View Post
    Your statement was inherently flawed.

The Pinball FX 1 tables are already compatible with Pinball FX 2. Anyone who bought them automatically has working FX 2 versions. We're not arguing that that exists. We're also not arguing that Pinball FX 2 tables will work in Pinball 1.

All we want is for Pinball FX 1 tables, which were always available for Pinball FX 1, to continue to be available for Pinball FX 1 and to import to Pinball FX 2 as they previously had.

We are literally asking to have back a feature that has already been provided.
    We can't have DLC available for a game that has been delisted, and we had to delist PFX1 to simplify the purchase system both for our sake and for customers'. There was already enough confusion about importing and compatibility when PFX2 launched - keeping the old stuff on the market would have caused far more problems than losing the opportunity to max out achievements in PFX1, especially since content purchased in PFX2 is not backwards-compatible with PFX1.

Cool. Your loss.

I dont see why (like stated above) a code or a limited time the old pinball fx 1 tables can be downloaded so people can max out achievements on pinball fx 1.

But then again, like the post above, its your loss seeing as theres quite a few people who would buy the tables to max out their achievements

so whatever.

Thumbs down Seriously

I just got Pinball FX2 and wanted to also get the original to earn achievements in both. I would even buy the tables twice for both games.

Fail! Not only are you refusing to accept my money, you have tainted my opinion of Zen games. I wouldn't have bought FX2 if I was aware of this and I won't be buying any other zen games either. Your reasoning of simplifying the system or making it less confusing simultaneously insults your customers while sounding like a complete cop out. I really believe that a publisher is going to restrict game sales over concerns that users would download DLC for the wrong game. Seems more likely that poor development considerations probably forced you to delist the game.

Good work! Let us know when you wake up out of your stupor and reintroduce FX to the marketplace. Thanks!

your loss removing the tables, i was going to pay you guys money for them... and then buy the tables for pbfx2... but now i cant buy them... and this also means i lose respect for your company... since you dont care about the fact that some gamers might care about achievements and completeion etc... i also wont be buying any pinball fx2 dlc... and i guess thats more your loss...

lucky for me... i can download the profile of someone who already downloaded these tables, and get the achievements that wat... but you guys wont be getting my money... so i guess its all good.

Exclamation

Listen @ zen studios staff members ....

The people bought the game to earn the achievements or not ?
    They paid money for it, when you say that the old pinball fx 1 isn't managable is only a reason for you but "YOU FORGET THE PEOPLE WHICH BOUGHT YOUR GAME !". Every player of the xbox live has his identity on xbox live, every one for other reasons. My reason is to get some of the gamerscore, so your game was bought and you have to manage it until every one get his achievements. OK!

You can't bring out a game and say that isn't managable anymore. Is impossible to do something like that and it hasn't any reason.

Ok, you show at the moment that is possible but i don't think the light on your company will be good or you earn any respect only to do something wrong.

The only good thing that u can do is to bring out these dlc's or give the chance to earn the achievement, it doesn't count that u want a managable system ...

You are humans or not ?
    You also can try to bring out a downgrade tool to downgrade the tables or not ? You did also with a upgrade tool for pfx2.

Greets and i hope you will do it ...