Thread: Playing this game on A verticle Monitor

Default Playing this game on A verticle Monitor

First off let me say what an amazing game, loving Pinball FX2. Wondering if there is any chance of a future update so we can run this like a Mame Pinball cab .. on two monitors .. is that even possible .. would save me a lot of time and hassle building one, or even just been able to play the game vertically ..even on a 22inch HD turned on its side, would make a huge difference .. just a thought ... great game, I am hooked .. feed me tables please : )

I won't bet on it Maybe 1% of the users will use that option, or less.

It would be cool though

Well considering how big the Virtual Pinball Table scene is, I would not be surrpised if a lot of Pinball FX 2 players have more than a passing interest in it. Man how sweet would that be .. I would pay 800 points just for that option alone

KickBeaten Down

Unfortunately, neither the Xbox 360 nor the PS3 can output to multiple simultaneous screens.

Useless to me, but might be an idea to do what Ikaruga has done and let you rotate the screen 90 degrees. You would have to crop all the decoration away but it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    Unfortunately, neither the Xbox 360 nor the PS3 can output to multiple simultaneous screens.
    Forza 3 (and Forza 2) have options to output to 3 screens, so you can set up a wrap-around view, so when coupled with a driving rig (seat/steering wheel/pedals), it provides maximum realism.

It does however, require 3 Xbox's, linked by ethernet I think, and 3 copies of the game.

I imagine they put this in so they could show it off at shows, and left it in the final game just incase anyone wants to use it. But I doubt more than 0.1% of Forza players have every even seen this setup, let alone use it, despite how hardcore a lot of that community is.

I agree with Lukky, I can't imagine there a more than a handful of people that would make use of a vertical monitor setup. I mean, are you only going to use your 360 for Pinball? Make a monitor mount that swivels 90°? Or switch to a separate monitor reserved only for playing Pinball FX2?

Sorry, I agree with Lukky. I can't see this appealing to more than 1% of users. In fact, I think 1% is being very optimistic. That being the case, I can't imagine Zen putting any time or money into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post

I have expressed my desire for a rotated view option in a few other threads. I think you might be surprised at how many people have their 360s hooked up to a computer monitor or small TV with a base that allows screen rotation. I don't really see the need to have it on multiple monitors. Just a rotated playfield so we can get a larger full screen view of what's going on. Like the previous poster mentioned with Ikaruga, many old scrolling shoot em ups had this feature, and back then TVs didn't rotate as easily as they do now. Pinball is one genre that would definitely benefit from this option.

Solitude, please pass this suggestion on to the development team.
    Last edited by Phiveball; 11-03-2010 at 06:56 PM.

I was talking about this to a friend tonight.

We thought the ultimate setup would be to have a TV, preferably an LED (for the best contrast and viewing angle), 40" or so (just like mine then lol), set up on a specially made table, at 7° or whatever, portrait, i.e so it would resemble the shape, size and angle of a real machine.

The backbox could house a kinect sensor. This way the game could know exactly where your head is in relation to the table, and adjust the camera angle of the graphics accordingly. Fitted with a custom controller to provide the plunger/autoplunger and flipper buttons, you'd essentially have the closest to a "real" table possible. As many tables as Zen could make, but only taking up the space of one. The only problem is the dot-matrix display would still be on the table, not the backbox, but otherwise, I think it's all technically possible.

It's still never, ever gonna happen.

Actually a lot of people have virtual 40 inch 1080p pinball tables with 22 Inch Back Screens and 18 inch score boards, the Pinball Mame scene is very popular and most tables have been recreated.
    As has been mentioned with Forza you can run split screens, but even lust laying your screen vertically at an angle would be more realistic and fun. If Pinball FX had this function I would buy and elite and a 40 inch almost immedialty, perhaps Pinball FX3 migth be an idea

Quote Originally Posted by MrNiceHk View Post
    Actually a lot of people have virtual 40 inch 1080p pinball tables with 22 Inch Back Screens and 18 inch score boards, the Pinball Mame scene is very popular and most tables have been recreated.
    As has been mentioned with Forza you can run split screens, but even lust laying your screen vertically at an angle would be more realistic and fun. If Pinball FX had this function I would buy and elite and a 40 inch almost immedialty, perhaps Pinball FX3 migth be an idea
    Yes, I have several tables on PinMame, but the quality (graphically) is far from what I have become acustomed to in PFX. There has already been a thread discussing this where a few people have shown off their builds.

http://195.56.170.66/forum/showthread.php?t=2306

As has been stated, the xbox can not handle this, but a simple rotated view is not only possible with the xbox, but would be very helpful for the people using a smaller TV or computer monitor. Using a 40" TV seeing what you are doing is not a problem. Using a 19" monitor can be difficult sometimes.

Triggerheart Excelica is another 360 shmup with a vertical screen option, if I remember correctly. It has been done on 360 before. Pinball would benefit from this option greatly, even on a 4:3 screen, let alone the great improvement a 16:9 widescreen tv would get from it.

I don't really like any of the cameras in PFX2. I get by with view 3, but I would prefer being able to see more of the table while still being fairly close up.

Chalk me up as another that is requesting rotated screen mode. I have a 55" LED TV that I have mounted on a rotating wall mount specifically for Ikaruga and Triggerheart and hopefully Zen Pinball

I own all the tables on both platforms (weird but true) and as a gladly paying customer am requesting the rotated or tate mode.

There is no need for a secondary monitor, either cut off some of the top of the display to display the score and animation screen or have a small one that is transparent.

The closeups as you pan around the screen show that the detail is there, why not let it really shine through?

Registered specifically to post this.

Hello everyone and never let pinball be forgotten!

tetsulo

I play on a 22" wide screen and would most definitely turn it vertical to play Pinball Fx 2 if the choice was given. I also like none of the existing views and constantly switch between view 3 and 4 as both have its pros and cons. If Zen made the camera angle adjustable I am sure I would be able to end with a view that would be less of a compromise on seeing the flippers at the bottom clearly and also the top of the table without too much excessive screen movement.