Thread: Excalibur Multi-Ball Ramp

Default Excalibur Multi-Ball Ramp

To anyone who owns the Excalibur table, please help me out. Any tips on scoring that right ramp three times will be greatly appreciated. I don't know whats wrong with me but so far I've only been able to hit it twice in a single game.

Its just a matter of getting the timing down. It's actually a really easy ramp to hit. First, from the right flipper, aim at the hole that activates the quasts and special events on the left side of the table. To consistently hit this let the ball run almost to the very end of the flipper. As long as a quest or something is not available, the ball will be ejected from the hole right onto the upper left flipper. from here it is just a matter of getting the timing correct to launch the ball across the table up that ramp. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Phiveball View Post
    As long as a quest or something is not available...
    That's always the sticking point for me. I get so distracted by the pretty lights that it seems like I'm always activating a quest/tournament before remembering that I need to lock another ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
    That's always the sticking point for me. I get so distracted by the pretty lights that it seems like I'm always activating a quest/tournament before remembering that I need to lock another ball.
    Babbylonian, that post made me

Spoken like a true pinball player.

Hey thanks a lot everyone who put in some advice. Beat my high score with that multi ball to set a new one at 114 million placing me at number 18 in the leader boards.

I'm still having trouble with that ramp, but am gradually getting better, although I have yet to enable multi-ball.... I still haven't managed to win a joust either

I know I'm digging up an old thread, but I have a beast of a time getting the timing of the ball lock too. I have the top right flipper on Biolab down so cold, I can literally do it with my eyes closed. I think I've gotten multiball on the Excalibur table three or four times. LOL
    I've only been able to post 40M or so on this table, despite my love for it. It just doesn't love me back. :-p

The only time I can hit this is if I have another quest going so it can tell me 'Can not lock ball during another quest' LOL. Ok, a bit of an exaggeration but I want to thank UranusIsBroken for turning me on to this table and helping me out with a ton of tips. Finished Beginner and Inter Joust last night, Took down the Black Knight, repelled the robber bandits, won a free ball and Took out the castle...all in one game. The ten million for the inter joust pushed me past your all time score UranusIsBroken but I still have not finished even one Knight quests and only was able to Find the grail once. Still what a great table and Zen should take note how much FUN you can have with a table once you have a general idea what you are shooting for. Zen totally needs it own Youtube channel with tip and tricks videos. Seriously, if you are putting out such fantastic tables, you need to make sure they get played. I know the table designers are damn proud of their tables, have them show them off in videos!

Quote Originally Posted by rapierdwit View Post
    The only time I can hit this is if I have another quest going so it can tell me 'Can not lock ball during another quest' LOL. Ok, a bit of an exaggeration but I want to thank UranusIsBroken for turning me on to this table and helping me out with a ton of tips. Finished Beginner and Inter Joust last night, Took down the Black Knight, repelled the robber bandits, won a free ball and Took out the castle...all in one game. The ten million for the inter joust pushed me past your all time score UranusIsBroken but I still have not finished even one Knight quests and only was able to Find the grail once. Still what a great table and Zen should take note how much FUN you can have with a table once you have a general idea what you are shooting for. Zen totally needs it own Youtube channel with tip and tricks videos. Seriously, if you are putting out such fantastic tables, you need to make sure they get played. I know the table designers are damn proud of their tables, have them show them off in videos!
    The best and consistent way for me to get the ball locked is what a few others have suggested. Hit the mission hole with nothing lit and with practice, its really not too hard of a shot.

Totally agree with you about a YouTube channel or something similar. This game is easily up there with the best games on XBLA but is hindered somewhat because it really only appeals to "old school" pinball players. Don't get me wrong, this is awesome and great to see developers not going too far the other way by making it all too easy, but to beginner players this game is very daunting. Zen have to consider alot of the newer players don't understand the concepts of pinball, to them its just about keeping the ball in play and hoping for the best. Anyway I would just love to see this game become more popular because I think the sweet look of the game draws people in but they are often left thinking "so what am I supposed to be doing" and end up not taking the time required with it. If this was made clear from the start alot of players may keep playing.

Anyway this isn't meant as a criticism just a bit of a suggestion. I also know it has been mentioned in other threads here before

Quote Originally Posted by OzV1 View Post
    The best and consistent way for me to get the ball locked is what a few others have suggested. Hit the mission hole with nothing lit and with practice, its really not too hard of a shot.

Totally agree with you about a YouTube channel or something similar. This game is easily up there with the best games on XBLA but is hindered somewhat because it really only appeals to "old school" pinball players. Don't get me wrong, this is awesome and great to see developers not going too far the other way by making it all too easy, but to beginner players this game is very daunting. Zen have to consider alot of the newer players don't understand the concepts of pinball, to them its just about keeping the ball in play and hoping for the best. Anyway I would just love to see this game become more popular because I think the sweet look of the game draws people in but they are often left thinking "so what am I supposed to be doing" and end up not taking the time required with it. If this was made clear from the start alot of players may keep playing.

Anyway this isn't meant as a criticism just a bit of a suggestion. I also know it has been mentioned in other threads here before

I agree. To my knowledge, all of the tables have a Rule Sheet under "Help & Options". You cannot get into this unless you fire up the table first, then hit "Pause" on the controller. However, in those rule sheets, it would be awesome if Zen implemented some video clips on the different subsections instead of still shots. A lot of the terminology used doesn't mean much to a person not familiar with the table, much less pinball in general. Video guides would RULE.

Some of you geniuses that are posting the guides on this site would ascend to hero/borderline god status if you authored some video guides on YouTube or something.

I too feel that a lot of people go into pinball thinking the premise is to whack the ball around, keep it alive as long as possible, and just luck your way into a big score. I don't think most folks have any idea how intricate, complex, and at times, downright difficult pinball can really be.

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    I agree. To my knowledge, all of the tables have a Rule Sheet under "Help & Options". You cannot get into this unless you fire up the table first, then hit "Pause" on the controller. However, in those rule sheets, it would be awesome if Zen implemented some video clips on the different subsections instead of still shots. A lot of the terminology used doesn't mean much to a person not familiar with the table, much less pinball in general. Video guides would RULE.

Some of you geniuses that are posting the guides on this site would ascend to hero/borderline god status if you authored some video guides on YouTube or something.

I too feel that a lot of people go into pinball thinking the premise is to whack the ball around, keep it alive as long as possible, and just luck your way into a big score. I don't think most folks have any idea how intricate, complex, and at times, downright difficult pinball can really be.
    I have no desire to be elevated to god status. I posted my guides as a christmass present due to popular request over xboxlive and beacause I noticed a severe lack there of. The thing about pinball is it takes alot of hours to really get to "know" a table. Making a guide detailing "what" everything does can be a gold nugget for someone who is new to pinball or that particular table. Showing them "How" to do it though is another monster all together. I believe , even with video support, it wouldn't change much. PB is about feel and habit. It's akin to showing someone a perfect golf swing. Untill they do it, repeatedly, it's not going to make a differance. If text isn't enough to "show" someone how to activate missions, or Mb's or whatever, then they just aren't familiar enough with the table to begin with, and video won't do any good.

The other problem is exclusivity. I chose to post my (attempts at) guides on the official Zen forum. This way people come straight to the source for the goods. Once stuff gets on youtube or whatever it's possible for alot of misinformation to leak in. Here if somthing is wrong, it will be caught and fixed (see my entry on romulus MB in the Rome guide).

I understand seeing how to do something would be helpfull to a few out there. For the masses though its ALOT of effort with very little payoff, meaning, it's just not going to help THAT much. If certain people really want to know how to do somthing, eaither ask and ye shall recieve (there are alot of "How to posts") OR freind request someone who knows, and play hot seat or something with them, chat it out.

Thats just my 2 sence, Blue can initiate the second coming with a video guide if he so chooses.
    Last edited by Logic_FTW; 02-14-2011 at 08:21 PM.