Thread: Multiball view! Why?

Default Multiball view! Why?

This is for anyone at Zen who can tell me why they felt the need to add a jarring change of view as soon as you enter multi-ball.

'View 1' and '1 wide' do not even scroll, so I cannot see why this "feature" exists.

Even if this was done out of some need to maintain a certain FPS during multiball, it should be changeable by the user.

I want my chosen view to stay no matter how many balls are on the table.

Perhaps they could add an option to turn it off it the menu perhaps? I prefer it zooming out as I can see where all the balls are all the time time I can see how some would prefer to remain in the same view.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Perhaps they could add an option to turn it off it the menu perhaps? I prefer it zooming out as I can see where all the balls are all the time time I can see how some would prefer to remain in the same view.
    Ditto on both counts. I feel like I need the zoom-out (I operate in view modes 3-5 depending on the table), but I can see where better players don't want/need it.

I'm a view 6 guy, so my view dos not change I suppose it would be a good option to be able to choose yout multiball view though.

It's a good point.

I have also thought that the default multiball view is a little further away than it needs to be.

A solution to ALL camera issues would be to have a 'CUSTOM' camera option for both normal play and multiball play.

The 'Custom' view could allow the player to specify camera tilt and zoom via a couple of sliders. That way we could set the camera exactly how we want it. It would also be nice to incorporate a 'Track ball' option, so the custom camera would stiil behave like it does for the current preset cameras (2-5).

So, to sum up, you would have an option to set up two custom cameras. One for normal play which would then switch to the other custom camera during multiball. If you don't want the view to change, both sets of settings would be the same.

I'm sure Zen could get that working no problem.
    Last edited by kimkom; 11-03-2010 at 03:20 PM.

I tried playing in View 6, but being so high above the table just breaks the immersion of these wonderfully modelled tables. I like playing in 'View 1' as it's the closest perspective to playing a physical table.

I am really wondering if it's just a technical limitation, so that perhaps there's a hope of seeing a custom multiball view in a future update.

Come on Zen! I honestly don't mind dropping a few FPS if it means 'View 1' multiball

I completely agree, this is a big problem... A matter of FPS ? Isn't the 360 able to handle a multiball ? Maybe not after all, otherwise I don't see any plausible explanation to Zen's choice.

Default help

i bought marvel pinball for christmas as a gift for my boyfriend but the first time we played i hit something and the view changed, can someone please tell me how to set it back to default view, its driving him nuts now that its changed :S

Quote Originally Posted by carissa View Post
    i bought marvel pinball for christmas as a gift for my boyfriend but the first time we played i hit something and the view changed, can someone please tell me how to set it back to default view, its driving him nuts now that its changed :S
    The 'X' button on the 360 changes views, and the 'SQUARE' button does it on the PS3. I hope this helps.

Default hmm

just the square huh. i was trying that but nothing seemed to happen, guess ill have to give it another try, its a ps3, guess i shoulda specified that, thanks

KickBeaten Down

The camera view won't change during the table intro (it will say "View Locked" on the dot matrix display). The game needs to be ready to launch a ball or to have an active ball before the camera can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Canuck View Post
    The 'X' button on the 360 changes views, and the 'SQUARE' button does it on the PS3. I hope this helps.
    I think you mean the 'Y' Button, the 'X' button lets you look around the table while the ball is paused.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    I think you mean the 'Y' Button, the 'X' button lets you look around the table while the ball is paused.
    Sorry but wrong. The X button when held does allow you to look around the table. However tapping it will change the views.

I would have been content if they would have just let me turn the multiball view off. i do agree though some type of custom view option would be ideal. The way the view takes you out as though you were standing on top of the machine really ruins the immersion for me.

Likewise here. There should be an option to turn the multiball view off if there's no technical reason behind doing it. I'd love to be able to configure a custom view also. I guess this would be a non-issue for a full screen PC version lots of us are hoping to see

yeah. why can't we use view 1 or 1w in multiball on many tables?

On newer tables, like ms splosion man, it will stay in view 1w in multiball.

But many of them will shove you into a portrait styled view as soon as multiball starts even if you had a fixed camera before.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphod77 View Post
    yeah. why can't we use view 1 or 1w in multiball on many tables?

On newer tables, like ms splosion man, it will stay in view 1w in multiball.

But many of them will shove you into a portrait styled view as soon as multiball starts even if you had a fixed camera before.
    With early FX2 tables, Zen implemented a pre designed set of camera angles. Post launch Zen took on board some feedback from customers and tried to tweak the camera angles. It didnt go to plan, which is why tables such as Captain America have unusual camera modes. Later Zen then retweaked the camera's to a much better layout and system. I and many others said that the new set where better and encourated Zen to stick with them. Which is why tables like Ms Spolision man and later feature better angles.

Unfortunately due to the nature of patching the game on 360 Zen have not as yet update all the earlier tables to reflect the "new" camera angle changes.

On newer tables, tapping X during multiball will cycle among the available full table views. I can't remember if the setting is sticky or not. This has been available at least since V&V but may go back farther than that.