Thread: PC Release ?

Default PC Release ?

So I have both Zen and Pinball FX 2, love them both, and so glad we have at least one developer left working on Pinball games.

Anyway what does frustrate me is knowing how good these tables would look at say 1920x1200 with lashings of AA along with vertical monitor support as well !

So, any chance of a PC version in the future ? I think it could integrate very well with Steamworks, and you would reach a fairly substantial PC audience by delivering it via Steam.

So come on guys/gals, if you want to see a PC version, just reply to this thread and let's show that we have some interest going.
    Last edited by mortster; 11-09-2010 at 01:34 PM.

I came here in hopes of finding some kind of news for plans of a PC release, and registered just to show support for it. A release on Steam would be a day one purchase for me. Heck, I might even gift a copy or two to friends just because pinball really deserves more love than it gets these days.

Yeah i would also like to see a PC version released, with a full screen portrait display mode, so i can play it in my pincab!

Quote Originally Posted by lettuce View Post
    Yeah i would also like to see a PC version released, with a full screen portrait display mode, so i can play it in my pincab!
    Pics of the pin cab please?

Yes, that would be amazing. I have no problems rotating my monitor and playing it in a vertical standpoint. I do that already with my mame games...

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Pics of the pin cab please?

Yes, that would be amazing. I have no problems rotating my monitor and playing it in a vertical standpoint. I do that already with my mame games...
    This is my bulid thread of the cab......

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/sh...ht=thunderball

not quite finsihed yet, but playable

Would finish the cab off nicely if Zen would be kind enough to release a PC version...via Steam maybe??

Thumbs up

Me too, I would love to see a PC version, through steam or any other delivery method.
    Just bought 3 of the 4 Pro pinball games from www.gog.com, Timeshock, The Big Race USA and Fantastic Journey. They still look and play great, but I would love to play something more modern. There must be loads of cool stuff you can do with digital pinball.

The tables you've made at home look great by the way.

KickBeaten Down

No promises, but a PC version is now a possibility. I will push hard for multi-monitor output and vertical mode if it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    No promises, but a PC version is now a possibility. I will push hard for multi-monitor output and vertical mode if it does happen.
    You guys at zen am di best.

Push all you can Solitude...... please just make sure as you make headway that those same viewing options are also available for the Console users (more specifically vertical view and custom views!!!!)

Wow, I know no promises but thank you, Solitude for a fantastic response. I look forward to future news.

Other than the financial side of things, I would be interested to know what would make it a possibility? what factors come into play when deciding to put a game out on PC?

Awesome news, Solitude. Thank you for pushing for this feature.
    They took our pinball machines!
    Let's revolt, who's with me?
    Grab a pitchfork and come with Zen!

You just put a smile on my face

PC port with vertical mode and multiple monitor setup sounds fantastic.

Time to track down a gutted widebody cabinet and start the build.

Maybe you guys could include some sort of table editor so the masterminds online will be able to port real machines to your engine. That would be incredible.

Thanks for the good news.

I have been checking back once in a while since my first post for pretty much this exact message. You all are awesome.

Seriously this is the best news ever!!!!

I sooo want them to release a pc port of pinball fx 2 for the pc with 1-3 screen setup, would be the icing on the cake for my pincab.....

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/sh...1&postcount=76

Please read the whole thread^^^

See how much time and money I have pulled into this project Zen Studios and I'm not the only one theres 1000's of us, not to mention the rest who would be happy to play a PC port on just a normal 1 screen PC setup.

I would be more than willing to offer my pincab for beta testing when the time comes Zen so keep me in mind!!?

Have to say that I'm pretty excited at the thought of this too!! Already started designing my cab ... Hope this works out.

Hate to bump a 3 month old thread, but have there been any new developments on the potential PC version?

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

I do think this is quite possible, I mean Zen Studios is growing so I guess they would like their games on everything available.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by Zer View Post
    Hate to bump a 3 month old thread, but have there been any new developments on the potential PC version?
    It's planned, but in this business there is always a lot of time between planning and release.

It's planned, but in this business there is always a lot of time between planning and release.
    Great to hear

I can patiently wait

Exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks for the quick response!

I hope I've done the right thing, but I've started a thread on the Steam forum to get people interested in getting this game on PC.

I've just bought a Dell monitor which can be flipped to portrait and I'd love to see these tables running on it.

Thx

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1882059

Great idea, there hasn't been a new pinball game for PC in quite a while (afaik) and I'm sure lots of PC gamers would love to get a good one with continuing content support. Spreading your voice about something you really like and are passionate about is always right and you're doing a favour to PC-pinballers at the same time by rendering a computer-release more possible. This should be posted to even more forums to call the attention of as many people as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Eviron View Post
    Great idea, there hasn't been a new pinball game for PC in quite a while (afaik) and I'm sure lots of PC gamers would love to get a good one with continuing content support. Spreading your voice about something you really like and are passionate about is always right and you're doing a favour to PC-pinballers at the same time by rendering a computer-release more possible. This should be posted to even more forums to call the attention of as many people as possible!
    Absolutely, thats what I hoped.