Thread: Marvel Pinball announced for PSN and XBLA

KickBeaten Down

Default Marvel Pinball announced for PSN and XBLA

Press release
    Kotaku preview

- 4 tables: Spider-man, Wolverine, Iron Man, Blade
    - Standalone game on PSN; DLC for Pinball FX 2 on XBLA

So I can't buy the tables seperatedly for PFX2? But I can buy the upcoming DLC one?

Quote Originally Posted by pinballer View Post
    So I can't buy the tables seperatedly for PFX2? But I can buy the upcoming DLC one?
    I think they can be bought on their own for FX2....would probably be some work to add them on Zen PB for PS3, so they're a standalone game there, like FX2 was for Xbox.

I'm just wondering because there are the two 4 table bundle packs. I wish every table could be purchased seperatedly or atleast lower the price of the bundles. Afterall 3 balls is relatively cheaper than 1 ball in the world of pinball

I like Agents and Speed Machine but 800pts for them is too steep. Now I can say that Spiderman and Blade look great but again the other 2 seem more like a burden. 800pts for 2 good tables and 2 I don't care about? Bad deal

Default Standalone table

ok so these tables were created by Zen but not going to be in the actual Zen pinball game. So my question when we see a new table for us Zen pinball freaks lol

KickBeaten Down

Quote Originally Posted by pinballfreak69 View Post
    ok so these tables were created by Zen but not going to be in the actual Zen pinball game. So my question when we see a new table for us Zen pinball freaks lol
    I don't know when the next table will be released, but we will still be making non-Marvel tables for both Zen Pinball and Pinball FX 2.

The Marvel tables are a standalone game on PS3 because we don't want people to have to buy Zen Pinball before being able to buy Marvel Pinball. On Pinball FX 2, the platform download is free, so there's no issue.

so I have to buy either all 4 or none of the tables for Pinball FX2? I can't buy just Spiderman or Blade individually?

any chance this policy will change? it's a bit shady I have to buy Extreme to get the other 3 tables

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
    The Marvel tables are a standalone game on PS3 because we don't want people to have to buy Zen Pinball before being able to buy Marvel Pinball.
    Both optins would be good : DLC for people who own Zen pinball and standalone game for thoes who don't. It's much better to have all tables in one place.

so I have to buy either all 4 or none of the tables for Pinball FX2? I can't buy just Spiderman or Blade individually?

any chance this policy will change? it's a bit shady I have to buy Extreme to get the other 3 tables
    Pinballer, I can't see why you're complaining. $2.50 for 1 table is an amazing deal (or $10 for four if you want to look at it that way). Zen makes four tables because they want you to play four tables, not just one or two. I'm actually happy they had me buy the four tables in the FX2 core pack because I like all of them rather than just thinking that I would only like 2 or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pbdrums001 View Post
    Pinballer, I can't see why you're complaining. $2.50 for 1 table is an amazing deal (or $10 for four if you want to look at it that way). Zen makes four tables because they want you to play four tables, not just one or two. I'm actually happy they had me buy the four tables in the FX2 core pack because I like all of them rather than just thinking that I would only like 2 or 3.
    Why should I buy tables I don't want? If you like them all you can buy them all. I played the trials enough to know which ones I'd buy and which not

I'd understand if I couldn't buy any tables individually but I can. I seriously hope the next table (from Hulk/GR/FF/Cap) is standalone

Why should I buy tables I don't want? If you like them all you can buy them all. I played the trials enough to know which ones I'd buy and which not

I'd understand if I couldn't buy any tables individually but I can. I seriously hope the next table (from Hulk/GR/FF/Cap) is standalone
    I would assume they sold the four new tables as a pack to recoupe some of the money to pay the wages and development costs of codeing the new platform, maybe the next tables will be sold individualy.

Makes sense but I still don't have to like it. I don't pay for uninteresting tables

One option is to have a small price cut for packs. That way I could reason that I pay $2.50 for Spiderman and Blade but only $2 for Ironman and Wolverine. Small stuff I know but better than nothing

Makes sense but I still don't have to like it. I don't pay for uninteresting tables

One option is to have a small price cut for packs. That way I could reason that I pay $2.50 for Spiderman and Blade but only $2 for Ironman and Wolverine. Small stuff I know but better than nothing
    Dude, every game comes with some levels you like and some you don't. Asking them to sell everything they release in pieces is ridiculous. They aren't any different than every other game company... Are you really expecting your request to have any results??

Thing is 99.9% of games don't have the option to buy individual levels, not that it would make much sense either in story-heavy games or games that consist of dozens of pieces like racing games

This is different than all those common games. We downloaded the platform for free and then pay for tables. Some tables are already sold individually. It really wouldn't have been any problem to make all tables individual like that

I don't expect my request alone to have any effect. I just thought everyone would like more options. Guess not

IMO, Zen, you guys are selling yourselves short! I say lump the Marvel tables in with Zen pinball. Make us pay top dollar! All the other companies do. You guys do a great job making these games and add-ons you should be compensated. Zen pinball is one of the best games for PS3, go full retail with it and make some $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuch80 View Post
    Both optins would be good : DLC for people who own Zen pinball and standalone game for thoes who don't. It's much better to have all tables in one place.
    Exactly my point. I don't mind to buy all 4 tables in a shot, I would anyway. But to have to switch to the other game to change tables will be pretty annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelasso View Post
    But to have to switch to the other game to change tables will be pretty annoying.
    Yeah, this is bad too. It would be interesting to know the reason, is it Sony for not providing support for the platform idea, or just Zen execs thinking (ok, this platform idea is so new that we try it only on Xbox and keep PS3 "traditional") Or maybe Marvel is the culprit, if they want high visibility for their brand, not hiding under some platform. For FX2 platform, this could have been fixed with more money and/or more advertising on Xbox Live.

Default I have it for the PS3 and it's awesome.

Thank you Zen for an amazing product! In my opinion, the way the PS3 version is put together is nicer than the 360 version as these four Marvel tables deserve their own package. The menus and entire presentation is so slick.

Again, thank you Zen!!!