Thread: Zen pinball PS3 Tables?

Default Zen pinball PS3 Tables?

Just saw a review of Zen Pinball for the PS3 on youtube and the tables in that game look awesome!
    Any chance we will see them coming to Xbox live as DLC?

No. Those are Ps3 exclusive tables! Tables, that you don't get!
    You already have more tables than we. (how many times I have said it?)
    It would be good, that we get all your tables and Vice Versa, so we could both have the same number of tables.

Blah, I'm just jealous.
    PINBALL4EVER!!!!

Perhaps not the original tables however "Mars" and "Paranormal" which are currently on PS3 are coming over. But I agree, it would only serve ZEN Studio's overall purpose to have the same tables available for both systems.

Cheers!

Default Albano immony

Just buy a PS3

I have a PS3, but I want to keep all the tables on one system. Plus my PS3 is in a different room, the "TV and movie watching" room, Its more of a blueray player right now. The Xbox is in my man cave. Anyway I don't understand this whole exclusive thing. Don't they want to make money? Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by foolman View Post
    Don't they want to make money? Oh well...
    Of course they do. They're not doing this to annoy you.

The exclusivity arrangements for certain products (Zen Pinball vs Pinball FX) or tables (V12 vs Speed Machine) are probably at the insistence of Sony and MS.

Besides potential exclusivity issues, they've gotten more money from me because of the exclusive tables. I wouldn't have bought Zen if it hadn't contained its own tables.

Default Whestre Auriga

Quote Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
    Besides potential exclusivity issues, they've gotten more money from me because of the exclusive tables. I wouldn't have bought Zen if it hadn't contained its own tables.
    They may have got more money from you Babbylonian, but... if those Zen exclusive tables were on Pinball FX 2, you would have bought them for that. Zen still would've got your money. So it makes no difference.

Not only that, but for all the people like you that have bought both games, there's probably 5 people like me or foolman that have only bought one of the games, but would happily buy every table Zen have made, if only they were all on Pinball FX 2.

No doubt there are PS3 owners who have Zen Pinball that are aching to buy the Pinball FX 2 tables, but don't want to buy a 360. If the tables were on Zen Pinball, they would buy them.

So, there are people out there with money burning a whole in their pockets, desperate to give that money to Zen, but with no option but to pine for tables that they cannot have because of exclusivity deals. And I promise you, those people outnumber you guys [with both games] significantly. I promise you they do.

I've said this so many times before; exclusivity has a purpose when the game is a AAA title blockbuster. A Halo game, a Gears of War, a Gran Turismo. It sells consoles. A single 2 dollar table for a pinball game is not in the same league. So this exclusivity trick doesn't work. They'd make more money selling all tables to all customers.

I don't doubt that there are a few folks that have bought a PS3 just to play Zen Pinball, or a 360 to play Pinball FX 2. If such people do exist, they may well be on these forums because they sound like hardcore fans. But you must see they represent surely no more that 0.01% of potential customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzpot View Post

So, there are people out there with money burning a whole in their pockets, desperate to give that money to Zen, but with no option but to pine for tables that they cannot have because of exclusivity deals.
    I am one of those people.

I don't doubt that there are a few folks that have bought a PS3 just to play Zen Pinball, or a 360 to play Pinball FX 2.
    I bought my 360 to be able to play Pinball FX.

So you see, those two "categories" are compatible !

I've said this so many times before; exclusivity has a purpose when the game is a AAA title blockbuster. A Halo game, a Gears of War, a Gran Turismo. It sells consoles. A single 2 dollar table for a pinball game is not in the same league. So this exclusivity trick doesn't work. They'd make more money selling all tables to all customers.
    With respect, Ozzpot, you're directing this at the wrong people.

You're talking as if Zen have a lot of choice when it comes to the business practices of Sony and MS. They don't. It's the first-party's way, or the highway.

Zen aren't making Black Ops. They don't get to dictate terms, and if they want to be on a console, well, there's a price to be paid.

Unfortunately, gamers also pay that price.