Marvel Pinball releases on December 8th!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MultiForce
    • Jul 2009

I like them all. I'm glad that the tables a very different.

Comment

• Vincent
      Pinball Wizard
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by devin hextall
      and Wolverine is basically the "Rome" of this set.
      I think Rome is a wonderful table. It is sad to use its name as to say "poor table".

Comment

• Lukky NL
        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by pinballer
        Ok I've played the trial tables quite a many times and here's my little rundown:

Wolverine:
        - Definitely the worst. I don't like the looks or sounds, it doesn't seem to have much interesting stuff on it

Spiderman:
        - The 2nd best. Here I do like the looks and sounds including music. It captures the essence of Spider-man well and there's more stuff going on

Iron Man:
        - 3rd, a slight positive surprise. I don't like Iron Man and didn't like this table either based on what I saw. But actually the table has nice speed, plenty of targets and it's perhaps actually the 2nd best replication of the hero

Blade:
        - The best like expected. It shows someone at Zen likes this guy. It looks and sounds great, there's everything I expect from a table and more.

So originally I thought only 2 of the tables are worth it but now it's 3/4 and this pack is in the same situation as the Classic pack. I like Speed Machine and Agents while Buccaneer is decent and Extreme is holding the entire pack down.

Though it seems like Marvel tables look a lot worse on SDTV than the older ones. There are tons of details but they're all too small and blurry to really enjoy
        Maybe you shouldn't review tables on trial basis...

Wolverine is awesome. And so are the others. I'm just slightly dissapointed in Spider-Man en Ironman, but that is probably going to change very soon.

So Zen, well done on this awesome add-on!!!! Keep up the good work! I hope Pinball FX is selling as good as you were expecting.Or even better.
        Last edited by Lukky NL; 12-08-2010, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• pinballer
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Lukky NL
          Maybe you shouldn't review tables on trial basis...

Wolverine is awesome. And so are the others. I'm just slightly dissapointed in Spider-Man en Ironman, but that is probably going to change very soon.

So Zen, well done on this awesome add-on!!!! Keep up the good work! I hope Pinball FX is selling as good as you were expecting.Or even better.

Hey, I said I've only tested the trial so people can take it with a pinch of salt. But the trials can do pretty much everything the full tables can. Not to flame but I've seen people who like and buy anything pinball so I can't take their criticism too seriously either

As for purchasing, I haven't bought the classic pack either yet and like I said this is in the same situation. 2 good, 1 decent and 1 bad. I even dare to say that once they're patched I'm more likely to buy the classics first because they look better on SDTV

Comment

• Nod Nolan
            • Sep 2010

I've played Wolverine, Iron Man and Spidey so far and cab't pick a favourite as they are all fantastically designed.

As a comic reader, I'm loving the nuances. The fact that the actual font used as the Wolverine Title is used for the scoring. The use of the fastball special in the same table.

These are AAA tables and I can't wait to see more tables of this quality on the Pinball FX 2 platform

Comment

• satch
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by pinballer
              I'm more likely to buy the classics first because they look better on SDTV
              you just have to get yourself the biggest HD TV that you can afford
              ive just got home from work so have still to download it.. and im not happy that multiforce has got a head start im still trying to beat his other scores
              oh and yes after a lot more play ROME is now becoming one of my fav tables.
              Last edited by satch; 12-08-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• pinballer
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by satch
                you just have to get yourself the biggest HD TV that you can afford
                Nah I plan to skip the entire HD

When I've endured games like Dead Rising and Mass Effect 2 this isn't anything

Comment

• MAT
                  • Nov 2010

I'd say Iron Man is the worst table. The ramps are difficult to hit (yeah, I suck ) so I pretty much can't start anything yet. Blade is definitely the coolest table, I can't say is it the best too, yet. Wolverine and Spider Man seem easier and Iron Man and Blade harder.

Comment

• Vincent
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by satch
                    oh and yes after a lot more play ROME is now becoming one of my fav tables.
                    Thank you.

Comment

• Mr List
                      • Oct 2010

i think when people say it's a 'rome' table they mean difficult not relly poor.

i would put iron man as my 'rome' of the four marvel tables.
                      spiderman seems a rocky and bullwinlle almost.

blade is my favourite,i have been really wanting a pinball table heavy on plot and that being a game where you control it on a pinball table type thing some tables have.

wolverine i like but it feels a very steep table with a heavy ball.
                      has some parts where i am caught out by how quickly the ball can move.

this pack is amazing overall.
                      far better than the 4 fx2 tables, themselves better than all the fx1 tables.

i feel they should have capitalised on fx2 release by bring out mars and paranormal before marvel tables.
                      there are more marvel on the way and i don't see the zen tables mustering as much thunder now.

Comment

• woof321
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by MAT
                        I'd say Iron Man is the worst table. The ramps are difficult to hit (yeah, I suck ) so I pretty much can't start anything yet. Blade is definitely the coolest table, I can't say is it the best too, yet. Wolverine and Spider Man seem easier and Iron Man and Blade harder.
                        Have no problem with the ramps - but the two drop targets on the right that protect the lock hole are difficult - rockets right back at you even when hit as intended. Just played two games, but in second decided to only shoot at those when ball save is on, and did much better. Three drop targets in the middle protect the main mission hole to start mission, then hit ramps during mission.

Only other one tried so far is Spider-man. Seems really easy - only one game and it took about 30 minutes, and first drain was cause I was watching Ock and not paying attention.

Comment

• MAT
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mr List
                          i feel they should have capitalised on fx2 release by bring out mars and paranormal before marvel tables.
                          there are more marvel on the way and i don't see the zen tables mustering as much thunder now.
                          Maybe they will release those between future Marvel tables. Mars or Paranormal next, please. Marvel is ok and an endless source for tables, but it gets monotonous if it's just superheroes/villains. That's one reason why I preferred FX2 platform over PS3's Marvel Pinball game, kind of silly to own "Marvel Pinball" when you only know the characters thanks to a few (mostly mediocre) Hollywood movies..

Comment

• MAT
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by woof321
                            Three drop targets in the middle protect the main mission hole to start mission, then hit ramps during mission.
                            I practiced this with slow motion. Without it I have trouble even reaching one million points total with 3 balls. This table is a piece of s***. With other Marvel tables I'm in 20-30 million range.

Comment

• MultiForce
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by MAT
                              I practiced this with slow motion. Without it I have trouble even reaching one million points total with 3 balls. This table is a piece of s***. With other Marvel tables I'm in 20-30 million range.
                              So because you have a hard time getting a few millions the table is s***?
                              Same argument that some other dude used on Rome. I just don't get it why it is relevant to compare scores on so different tables.

I agree that the targets is a bit risky but you just need to train. Most of the ramps are easy to hit, and the targets you have to hit to start a mission is easiest to hit when you hold the ball first. That way you almost always know where the ball is going afterwards.

I'll give money to the guy who removes/replaces the #¤/¤#"(¤ Captcha.
                              Last edited by Solitude; 12-10-2010, 05:51 AM. Reason: Let's keep it clean

Comment

• Cloda
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Nov 2010

Variety is the spice of life!!!

Since the new fx 2 core tables, the only fx tables I played was Earth Defence and Excalibur. With the new Marvel Table's, I will only go back to play the fx 2 tables. Fx 2's table's, including these new Marvel tables are so much "better" than the original fx tables. I am sure there are people that still love the fx table's, but they just don't have the pulling power and the wealth of game enjoyment. I could'nt understand why I was never able to play for long times - even though I love pinball. Trust me - I don't have that problem any more with fx 2 and marvel tables - just can't stay away.

I love the fx 2 tables. I don't think the Marvel table's are necessary "better" than the core fx 2 tables, even though they are absolutely great. I am sure if you are a Marvel fan boy it is a different story, but for me I play each table on merit and I just love the variety!! So - ZEN - please bring on as many tables as you can and I will keep on buying them if they are anywhere as good as these existing fx 2 tables.

I do have one or two frustrations with the game: for one - I just can't get a camera angle that is perfect for me. I end up playing with view 4, but I just can't always clearly see what is going on at the top of the table. View 6 is just too far away and View 3 has way too much movement and I end up loosing the ball down the middle way too much. The tables dimensions also seems to differ from each other - e.g. Blade seem to have a lot more "movement" with view 4. So Zen - please consider putting in adjustable came control's - it will only make the experience better for the people that love it so much already!!!!

The second "frustration" I have is with some of the "recycled sounds" in the Marvel tables, as somebody mentioned elsewhere - the Blade table has quite a few annoying sounds that was clearly used in earlier tables. It would be great if they could be replaced.

Lastly, an apologies for the long post, will you please make your rule sheets available for the tables. I get frustrated with figuring out even the simple things such as how to get multipliers on Spiderman - It happens but I still don't know how - I am sure it has a simple explanation - just haven't been able to figure it out!!. I don't have time for trawling forums to get these answers - I'll rather play the game An for those of you that don't believe in rule sheets, just don't use it - but there are plenty of people who will love to have it.
                                Last edited by Cloda; 12-10-2010, 04:49 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes
                                XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

Working...