Results 1 to 64 of 64

Thread: Marvel Pinball releases on December 8th!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    22

    Default Marvel Pinball releases on December 8th!

    http://majornelson.com/default.aspx

    And its 800 MS Points. Got mine ready and waiting.

  2. #2
    Senior Member kimkom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    More info and a look at the Wolverine table:

    http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/23315/...l-Coming-Soon/

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    272

    Default

    I told you this release date last week
    check out my second post in this thread..

    http://195.56.170.66/forum/showthread.php?t=2644
    Last edited by satch; 12-02-2010 at 07:08 PM.

  4. #4
    Member Lukky NL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Yesssssssss!!! Great news, I just read about it elsewhere. I cannot wait! I gave up on Secrets of the Deep... I love it to bits, but I just cant get over 100 mil. any tips are more then welcome tho

    When its december 8th my pinballsense will certsinly be tingling!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    557

    Default

    8 new tables within 6 weeks ? Thank you very much Zen, this is amazing !

  6. #6
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    8 new tables within 6 weeks ? Thank you very much Zen, this is amazing !
    Wait, where'd you get 8 from? 4 marvel tables + Paranormal and Mars I know of, but I haven't heard of any others.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Wait, where'd you get 8 from? 4 marvel tables + Paranormal and Mars I know of, but I haven't heard of any others.
    The Marvel tables are being released 6 weeks after the FX 2 core tables. How soon we forget!

  8. #8
    Senior Member kimkom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    The good people at Zen have obviously been very busy bees!

    Creating the PFX2 platform with 4 new tables, updates to all the old tables and now the Marvel tables takes a LOT of work. This has been a long time in the making and Zen deserve all the accolades that come their way.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I didn t buy new Halo Reach Maps because i'm waiting for New Pinball FX Tables....

    I also hope zenstudios are studying for release a pocket tables with ... MARS PARANORMAL & TESLA FOR XBOX 360

    pleeeeeaaaseeeee...

    I read that pinball fx is supported by Python....
    and reading about python, seems that isn t so hard to export from psx to xbox ....... isnt true?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    557

    Default

    On top of that, the 800 MS Points that we got back from the Game Feast special offer will make it feel like MVP is free !

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nstsfn View Post
    I didn t buy new Halo Reach Maps because i'm waiting for New Pinball FX Tables....
    Same here.


    I read that pinball fx is supported by Python....
    and reading about python, seems that isn t so hard to export from psx to xbox ....... isnt true?
    Python is probably used by individual tables, as the game-level scripting language. The tables are probably very portable indeed, between platforms.

    But the various engine components (renderer, physics, audio, scene management, etc.) are probably written in C/C++, with a lot of platform specific code. Not very portable, especially given the level of PSN and XBLA specific features.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Anyway this is not the question. Zen can reprogram any table they want from ps3 to 360 or vice versa. This is a matter of who owns the rights and what tables will be exclusive to ps3 or 360. We know that Ninja Gaiden or Tesla are exclusive to ps3, so we will not see them on 360. Tables like Excalibur, Mars or Paranormal are "platform free" which is really cool for players.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    finally a confirmation, one which Zen personnel couldn't give

    means i'll pass and wait for the next individual table, hoping it is actually individual. Gooo Hulk!

  14. #14

    Default somewhat decurle

    Great work Zen!!! Now release it for the iphone and ipad!!

  15. #15
    Member Lukky NL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    74

    Default

    2 more days left!

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukky NL View Post
    2 more days left!
    You got enough do on SotD

  17. #17
    Member Lukky NL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Whaha Nope, I gave up on that table for now... it's hopeless

    But I will send you challeges on the Marvel tables mind you!

  18. #18
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukky NL View Post
    Whaha Nope, I gave up on that table for now... it's hopeless

    But I will send you challeges on the Marvel tables mind you!
    yeah, 7bn is just a teensy bit out of reach for me
    Last edited by Nekro Neko; 12-06-2010 at 11:33 AM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member kimkom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    yeah, 7bn is just a teensy bit out of reach for me
    Yeah, some people have waaaayyy too much time on their hands!

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    22

    Default recently wattle

    Maybe an early release....tomorrow?

    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/06/no...010/#continued

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    272

    Default

    one or two reviews starting to pop up and its looking good

    http://irbgamer.com/2010/12/marvel-pinball-review/

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    22

  23. #23
    Senior Member Phiveball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Couldn't come at a better time. I'm so burnt out on SotD.

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    731

    Default

    EuroGamer has a long gameplay vid up:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bi8AXBEfrU

    The play isn't the best, but the tables look very interesting.


    and GiantBomb with a 38 min extravaganza of geek snarkiness.

    http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...nball/17-3567/
    Last edited by Womble; 12-08-2010 at 09:18 AM.

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Marvel Pinball is up on XBLA.

  26. #26

  27. #27
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    I see ancient of war put a score of 17bn in. Guess he will be getting the free Marvel tables. That score is sick. Second best was 12bn. Seriously, how the hell.

  28. #28
    Junior Member Squirrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wyano, PA
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therealpieman View Post
    I'm buying it as soon as I get home.

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Ok I've played the trial tables quite a many times and here's my little rundown:

    Wolverine:
    - Definitely the worst. I don't like the looks or sounds, it doesn't seem to have much interesting stuff on it

    Spiderman:
    - The 2nd best. Here I do like the looks and sounds including music. It captures the essence of Spider-man well and there's more stuff going on

    Iron Man:
    - 3rd, a slight positive surprise. I don't like Iron Man and didn't like this table either based on what I saw. But actually the table has nice speed, plenty of targets and it's perhaps actually the 2nd best replication of the hero

    Blade:
    - The best like expected. It shows someone at Zen likes this guy. It looks and sounds great, there's everything I expect from a table and more.

    So originally I thought only 2 of the tables are worth it but now it's 3/4 and this pack is in the same situation as the Classic pack. I like Speed Machine and Agents while Buccaneer is decent and Extreme is holding the entire pack down.

    Though it seems like Marvel tables look a lot worse on SDTV than the older ones. There are tons of details but they're all too small and blurry to really enjoy

  30. #30

    Default

    I agree on all counts. Blade and Spiderman were shown the most love. Ironman is good, but not great, and Wolverine is basically the "Rome" of this set.

    I already can't wait for the next installments. Fingers crossed for Hulk or Howard the Duck.

  31. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    193

    Default

    I like them all. I'm glad that the tables a very different.

  32. #32
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by devin hextall View Post
    and Wolverine is basically the "Rome" of this set.
    I think Rome is a wonderful table. It is sad to use its name as to say "poor table".

  33. #33
    Member Lukky NL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinballer View Post
    Ok I've played the trial tables quite a many times and here's my little rundown:

    Wolverine:
    - Definitely the worst. I don't like the looks or sounds, it doesn't seem to have much interesting stuff on it

    Spiderman:
    - The 2nd best. Here I do like the looks and sounds including music. It captures the essence of Spider-man well and there's more stuff going on

    Iron Man:
    - 3rd, a slight positive surprise. I don't like Iron Man and didn't like this table either based on what I saw. But actually the table has nice speed, plenty of targets and it's perhaps actually the 2nd best replication of the hero

    Blade:
    - The best like expected. It shows someone at Zen likes this guy. It looks and sounds great, there's everything I expect from a table and more.

    So originally I thought only 2 of the tables are worth it but now it's 3/4 and this pack is in the same situation as the Classic pack. I like Speed Machine and Agents while Buccaneer is decent and Extreme is holding the entire pack down.

    Though it seems like Marvel tables look a lot worse on SDTV than the older ones. There are tons of details but they're all too small and blurry to really enjoy
    Maybe you shouldn't review tables on trial basis...

    Wolverine is awesome. And so are the others. I'm just slightly dissapointed in Spider-Man en Ironman, but that is probably going to change very soon.


    So Zen, well done on this awesome add-on!!!! Keep up the good work! I hope Pinball FX is selling as good as you were expecting.Or even better.
    Last edited by Lukky NL; 12-08-2010 at 05:19 PM.

  34. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukky NL View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't review tables on trial basis...

    Wolverine is awesome. And so are the others. I'm just slightly dissapointed in Spider-Man en Ironman, but that is probably going to change very soon.


    So Zen, well done on this awesome add-on!!!! Keep up the good work! I hope Pinball FX is selling as good as you were expecting.Or even better.

    Hey, I said I've only tested the trial so people can take it with a pinch of salt. But the trials can do pretty much everything the full tables can. Not to flame but I've seen people who like and buy anything pinball so I can't take their criticism too seriously either

    As for purchasing, I haven't bought the classic pack either yet and like I said this is in the same situation. 2 good, 1 decent and 1 bad. I even dare to say that once they're patched I'm more likely to buy the classics first because they look better on SDTV

  35. #35

    Default

    I've played Wolverine, Iron Man and Spidey so far and cab't pick a favourite as they are all fantastically designed.

    As a comic reader, I'm loving the nuances. The fact that the actual font used as the Wolverine Title is used for the scoring. The use of the fastball special in the same table.

    These are AAA tables and I can't wait to see more tables of this quality on the Pinball FX 2 platform

  36. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinballer View Post
    I'm more likely to buy the classics first because they look better on SDTV
    you just have to get yourself the biggest HD TV that you can afford
    ive just got home from work so have still to download it.. and im not happy that multiforce has got a head start im still trying to beat his other scores
    oh and yes after a lot more play ROME is now becoming one of my fav tables.
    Last edited by satch; 12-08-2010 at 06:25 PM.

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    you just have to get yourself the biggest HD TV that you can afford
    Nah I plan to skip the entire HD

    When I've endured games like Dead Rising and Mass Effect 2 this isn't anything

  38. #38

    Default

    I'd say Iron Man is the worst table. The ramps are difficult to hit (yeah, I suck ) so I pretty much can't start anything yet. Blade is definitely the coolest table, I can't say is it the best too, yet. Wolverine and Spider Man seem easier and Iron Man and Blade harder.

  39. #39
    Senior Member Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    oh and yes after a lot more play ROME is now becoming one of my fav tables.
    Thank you.

  40. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    27

    Default

    i think when people say it's a 'rome' table they mean difficult not relly poor.

    i would put iron man as my 'rome' of the four marvel tables.
    spiderman seems a rocky and bullwinlle almost.

    blade is my favourite,i have been really wanting a pinball table heavy on plot and that being a game where you control it on a pinball table type thing some tables have.

    wolverine i like but it feels a very steep table with a heavy ball.
    has some parts where i am caught out by how quickly the ball can move.

    this pack is amazing overall.
    far better than the 4 fx2 tables, themselves better than all the fx1 tables.

    i feel they should have capitalised on fx2 release by bring out mars and paranormal before marvel tables.
    there are more marvel on the way and i don't see the zen tables mustering as much thunder now.

  41. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    I'd say Iron Man is the worst table. The ramps are difficult to hit (yeah, I suck ) so I pretty much can't start anything yet. Blade is definitely the coolest table, I can't say is it the best too, yet. Wolverine and Spider Man seem easier and Iron Man and Blade harder.
    Have no problem with the ramps - but the two drop targets on the right that protect the lock hole are difficult - rockets right back at you even when hit as intended. Just played two games, but in second decided to only shoot at those when ball save is on, and did much better. Three drop targets in the middle protect the main mission hole to start mission, then hit ramps during mission.

    Only other one tried so far is Spider-man. Seems really easy - only one game and it took about 30 minutes, and first drain was cause I was watching Ock and not paying attention.

  42. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr List View Post
    i feel they should have capitalised on fx2 release by bring out mars and paranormal before marvel tables.
    there are more marvel on the way and i don't see the zen tables mustering as much thunder now.
    Maybe they will release those between future Marvel tables. Mars or Paranormal next, please. Marvel is ok and an endless source for tables, but it gets monotonous if it's just superheroes/villains. That's one reason why I preferred FX2 platform over PS3's Marvel Pinball game, kind of silly to own "Marvel Pinball" when you only know the characters thanks to a few (mostly mediocre) Hollywood movies..

  43. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woof321 View Post
    Three drop targets in the middle protect the main mission hole to start mission, then hit ramps during mission.
    I practiced this with slow motion. Without it I have trouble even reaching one million points total with 3 balls. This table is a piece of s***. With other Marvel tables I'm in 20-30 million range.

  44. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAT View Post
    I practiced this with slow motion. Without it I have trouble even reaching one million points total with 3 balls. This table is a piece of s***. With other Marvel tables I'm in 20-30 million range.
    So because you have a hard time getting a few millions the table is s***?
    Same argument that some other dude used on Rome. I just don't get it why it is relevant to compare scores on so different tables.

    I agree that the targets is a bit risky but you just need to train. Most of the ramps are easy to hit, and the targets you have to hit to start a mission is easiest to hit when you hold the ball first. That way you almost always know where the ball is going afterwards.





    I'll give money to the guy who removes/replaces the #¤/¤#"(¤ Captcha.
    Last edited by Solitude; 12-10-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Let's keep it clean

  45. #45
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,161

    Default Variety is the spice of life!!!

    Since the new fx 2 core tables, the only fx tables I played was Earth Defence and Excalibur. With the new Marvel Table's, I will only go back to play the fx 2 tables. Fx 2's table's, including these new Marvel tables are so much "better" than the original fx tables. I am sure there are people that still love the fx table's, but they just don't have the pulling power and the wealth of game enjoyment. I could'nt understand why I was never able to play for long times - even though I love pinball. Trust me - I don't have that problem any more with fx 2 and marvel tables - just can't stay away.

    I love the fx 2 tables. I don't think the Marvel table's are necessary "better" than the core fx 2 tables, even though they are absolutely great. I am sure if you are a Marvel fan boy it is a different story, but for me I play each table on merit and I just love the variety!! So - ZEN - please bring on as many tables as you can and I will keep on buying them if they are anywhere as good as these existing fx 2 tables.

    I do have one or two frustrations with the game: for one - I just can't get a camera angle that is perfect for me. I end up playing with view 4, but I just can't always clearly see what is going on at the top of the table. View 6 is just too far away and View 3 has way too much movement and I end up loosing the ball down the middle way too much. The tables dimensions also seems to differ from each other - e.g. Blade seem to have a lot more "movement" with view 4. So Zen - please consider putting in adjustable came control's - it will only make the experience better for the people that love it so much already!!!!

    The second "frustration" I have is with some of the "recycled sounds" in the Marvel tables, as somebody mentioned elsewhere - the Blade table has quite a few annoying sounds that was clearly used in earlier tables. It would be great if they could be replaced.

    Lastly, an apologies for the long post, will you please make your rule sheets available for the tables. I get frustrated with figuring out even the simple things such as how to get multipliers on Spiderman - It happens but I still don't know how - I am sure it has a simple explanation - just haven't been able to figure it out!!. I don't have time for trawling forums to get these answers - I'll rather play the game An for those of you that don't believe in rule sheets, just don't use it - but there are plenty of people who will love to have it.
    Last edited by Cloda; 12-10-2010 at 05:49 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I get frustrated with figuring out even the simple things such as how to get multipliers on Spiderman - It happens but I still don't know how - I am sure it has a simple explanation - just haven't been able to figure it out!!.
    Hit the jet bumpers. It'll give a countdown towards the next multiplier.

  47. #47
    Senior Member kimkom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    So because you have a hard time getting a few millions the table is s***?
    Getting back to the concerns of some people that, in the past, when Zen release a four table pack, it generally contains one table that is inferior to the other three. I have to say that I agree.

    In my opinion, Ironman is by far the weakest table of the Marvel pack. It shows great potential (the character modeling is good) but it just hasn't been given the same attention to detail as Blade. Zen, don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's bad, I will be playing Ironman but I know it could have been so much better!

    I feel strongly that Zen cannot afford to do this again when working with the Marvel characters. There is no excuse when it comes to artwork or reference material either. Even if we don't read the comics, we all know the Marvel characters because they are such a strong global brand.

    Look at the character artwork on the Marvel Pinball website and at the top of this web page - it's the type of quality work that defines who these characters are and what they represent. Has the same quality of imagery been successfully transferred to the tables of Marvel Pinball?
    Last edited by kimkom; 12-10-2010 at 02:54 PM.

  48. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kimkom View Post
    Getting back to the concerns of some people that, in the past, when Zen release a four table pack, it generally contains one table that is inferior to the other three. I have to say that I agree.

    In my opinion, Ironman is by far the weakest table of the Marvel pack. It shows great potential (the character modeling is good) but it just hasn't been given the same attention to detail as Blade. Zen, don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's bad, I will be playing Ironman but I know it could have been so much better!

    I feel strongly that Zen cannot afford to do this again when working with the Marvel characters. There is no excuse when it comes to artwork or reference material either. Even if we don't read the comics, we all know the Marvel characters because they are such a strong global brand.

    Look at the artwork at the top of this web page - it's the type of quality work that defines who these characters are and what they represent. Has the same quality of imagery been successfully transferred to the tables of Marvel Pinball?
    I don't know much about the different marvel characters so I don't judge the tables from that. I've only seen a few movies ant that's it.
    I like them all as pinball tables and that's the way I have to look at it since I'm missing the knowledge about characters etc.

    My point about MAT's post was that I don't think any tables should be compared by scores, and that I just think people should give it some time and use their brain a little before complaining about stuff that so obviously is about training and skill. The tables haven't been out that long.


    But now I got "work" to do on Wolverine

  49. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    109

    Default

    best way to hit the 3 drop targets on iron man is to capture the ball on the left flipper or right. Then when it is stationary let it roll just a fraction and flip. I can hit them every time without losing the ball (well most of the time anyway).

    A lot of the trick to improving your game is to practice common shots without a challenge on until you can do it every time.

    On Rome I often start a session by simply doing the 2 ramps in succession even after I've already lit the mission hole trying to get an extra ball. One day I will be good at this table. The reason I like It is because it is so tough.

    It's what pinball fx 1 was lacking. A real nasty table that isn't generous usually ends up as one of my favourite. It's like ignition on pinball dreams. A great table because it has less on it and little in the way of ramps. This is also what I think about wolverine, lovely stuff.

    As for iron man, it's not my favourite but it is fun and mastering the drop targets is very usefull for the mission where the dude on the right is trying to turn you into toast.

  50. #50
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    After playing on the 4 new tables extensively now, I must say that the Blade table is easily the best work. A day and night cycle, lots of stuff to do, cool artwork and nice ramp designs.

    Next would be Spider-man, it has loads of stuff to aim for and I love the corkscrew on the left. Switching the flippers during the game against Mysterio is a nice twist as well. Only gripe I have is when the Green Goblin is flying across my line of site, the pesky critter. The music on this table is also just amazing.

    I'll choose Wolverine as my third fave, though I did initially hate it, now I've had a play with it it is more fun than I thought. The issue with the table I have is it all feels a bit claustrophobic with the green tank taking so much space on the left side, it does remind me of the Stones n Bones table from Pinball Fantasies though, just quicker. I think it may be inspired even it's that similar. It is also the most drain easy table of the four, and even though I know there is a kick back on the left outlane I don't know how to activate it yet. The right outlane is easy to get covered with a timed ball saver game (like the Extreme table).

    Last up would be Iron man, and first impressions were, "woah, look at all the ramps". It certainly is packed full of them, but it just seems like it doesn't have much more to offer, which is a shame. Still you can't beat Stark's cocky one liners while you play this table.

  51. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    After playing on the 4 new tables extensively now, I must say that the Blade table is easily the best work. A day and night cycle, lots of stuff to do, cool artwork and nice ramp designs.

    Next would be Spider-man, it has loads of stuff to aim for and I love the corkscrew on the left. Switching the flippers during the game against Mysterio is a nice twist as well. Only gripe I have is when the Green Goblin is flying across my line of site, the pesky critter. The music on this table is also just amazing.

    I'll choose Wolverine as my third fave, though I did initially hate it, now I've had a play with it it is more fun than I thought. The issue with the table I have is it all feels a bit claustrophobic with the green tank taking so much space on the left side, it does remind me of the Stones n Bones table from Pinball Fantasies though, just quicker. I think it may be inspired even it's that similar. It is also the most drain easy table of the four, and even though I know there is a kick back on the left outlane I don't know how to activate it yet. The right outlane is easy to get covered with a timed ball saver game (like the Extreme table).

    Last up would be Iron man, and first impressions were, "woah, look at all the ramps". It certainly is packed full of them, but it just seems like it doesn't have much more to offer, which is a shame. Still you can't beat Stark's cocky one liners while you play this table.
    Stones n bones was an indiana jones copy. If you look even the letters take up the same amount of space. Good comparison though. I'd say it plays like that or terminator 2 which was nightmare on pinball dreams

  52. #52
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IAMMRBONGO View Post
    Stones n bones was an indiana jones copy. If you look even the letters take up the same amount of space. Good comparison though. I'd say it plays like that or terminator 2 which was nightmare on pinball dreams
    Just had a look at the indy table and it looks nothing like the SnB table. Anyway, I was only pointing out that it was only one aspect of the table, which is the green tank is the same as the left side Vault Score kick back/left inlane ramp.

  53. #53
    Senior Member kimkom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    My point about MAT's post was that I don't think any tables should be compared by scores, and that I just think people should give it some time and use their brain a little before complaining about stuff that so obviously is about training and skill. The tables haven't been out that long.
    Absolutely agree with you, big scores do not make a great table. I wasn't quoting you to flame, just to lead back to the point about one weak table per pack.

    We know there is depth to Zen's table designs so all we are judging the Marvel tables on at the moment is our first impressions. The trouble is, first impressions count for a lot these days...

  54. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    I'll choose Wolverine as my third fave, though I did initially hate it, now I've had a play with it it is more fun than I thought. The issue with the table I have is it all feels a bit claustrophobic with the green tank taking so much space on the left side

    Last up would be Iron man, and first impressions were, "woah, look at all the ramps". It certainly is packed full of them, but it just seems like it doesn't have much more to offer, which is a shame. Still you can't beat Stark's cocky one liners while you play this table.
    I've changed my opinions to more like this

    Originally I disliked Wolverine, but because it is the smallest and simplest table it actually looks quite clear on my age old SDTV unlike the others

    On the other hand Iron Man lost its woah factor. Afterall there isn't much to do, plus now it reminds me of why I hate Ironman. On top of everything the "Iron Man" announcement on table select screen is all wrong, it should be robotic like his signature voice is

  55. #55
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinballer View Post
    I've changed my opinions to more like this

    Originally I disliked Wolverine, but because it is the smallest and simplest table it actually looks quite clear on my age old SDTV unlike the others

    On the other hand Iron Man lost its woah factor. Afterall there isn't much to do, plus now it reminds me of why I hate Ironman. On top of everything the "Iron Man" announcement on table select screen is all wrong, it should be robotic like his signature voice is
    Can't help but point out that even with a small budget (under $150), I bought a 22" (1650 x 1050) Screen and have been playing HD for the last three years. I just can't imagine playing pinball fx 2 on SDTV - even now I miss so much visual cues......

  56. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    I've thought about getting 1 a few times but in the end I have no burning need for it. It's only tedious with some games and afterall this is ecological

  57. #57
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pinballer View Post
    I've thought about getting 1 a few times but in the end I have no burning need for it. It's only tedious with some games and afterall this is ecological
    I get it.... I have been playing games since the late 80's. First monochrome, then 4 colour, 16 colour - 320 x 200 resolution, 256 colour - 640 x 480 resolution.... you get the picture. And I had really good fun and a lot of satisfaction from the games I played. In the end the graphics is not the end all and be all of really having a good experience with a game.... but damn, once you have played something like pinball fx 2 on HD (have played it on a proper 42" inch full HD TV as well) it just blows your mind. It would just not be the same experience on SD.

    I am a Nature's Conservator by education and all I can say is that there are many pros and cons to absolute everything we do with regards to nature and the ecology. You will most probably find that a new HD TV will use a whole lot less energy and be much more efficient in its use than your standard SD TV and if you make sure you recycle your old TV through the right channels it can end well for all.... Face it, the Xbox uses much more power than your TV would anyways. Trust me.... you can do a whole lot more for nature by encouraging every body you meet not to have too many children!!!!

    But it in the end, if you are happy with your setup please carry on... I am not trying to convince you to change. Your post just got me thinking... so thanks for that.
    Last edited by Cloda; 12-11-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

  58. #58
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Face it, the Xbox uses much more power than your TV would anyways.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but a TV uses about 10-20x more power than a console. Yes, that is talking about LCD vs Console. It would be worse for Plasma and better for LED (not by much) and frankly horrid for a CRT.

  59. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but a TV uses about 10-20x more power than a console. Yes, that is talking about LCD vs Console. It would be worse for Plasma and better for LED (not by much) and frankly horrid for a CRT.
    10-20x??

    My TV uses around 200W and the xbox slim thingy got a psu of 135W.

  60. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Wow that's an interesting off-topic. Just to mention my TV uses 53W and 360 uses 185W when gaming (I guess it doesn't mean PinballFX though because it doesn't need disc drive to play that). Frankly this is just another reason why I should have gotten a Wii (plus it focuses on offline gaming and fully supports GameCube stuff)

    Just a few links if anyone's interested
    http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-356-2.htm
    http://reviews.cnet.com/green-tech/t...umption-chart/

    But really electricity isn't the main thing in my mind when deciding to stick to SDTV for now. Though like they say "small things matter too" and this sure as heck is easier than telling everyone not to have kids

    P.S. Spiderman rulez!

  61. #61
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Thanks pinballer for the interesting links on this off-topic....

    I initially thought that the Spider-man table is going to be too repetitive as there is only a couple of things that gets repeated the whole time..... Well, for the last three days I have only been playing Spider-man and have not reached the point yet where it is too repetitive. I think the attraction for me with this table is that I suddenly can reach scores of 100 000 000 plus and reach the wizard stage with relative ease bit of a false picture, but hey, I am having great fun !!!!

    Anyways... happy gaming and when you speak to the people about not having too many babies you can also mention to them that habitat destruction and the consequent loss of biodiversity, the bad management of freshwater systems and over fishing are much more urgent environmental issue (and a whole lot less politically motivated) than global warming and climate change
    Last edited by Cloda; 12-12-2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: spelling

  62. #62
    Senior Member Nekro Neko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    10-20x??

    My TV uses around 200W and the xbox slim thingy got a psu of 135W.
    You forget, the Xbox is a variable up to a max of 135W. A TV is a constant 200W or more if you have a larger TV.

  63. #63
    Senior Member Cloda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro Neko View Post
    You forget, the Xbox is a variable up to a max of 135W. A TV is a constant 200W or more if you have a larger TV.
    Take a look at the links pinballer provided - the articles show a quite interesting picture....

  64. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Except that the console comparison doesn't have the modern slim versions. Don't know if they've gotten similiar test yet

    P.S. Iron Man sucks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •